New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Build help for a juggling thrower

So I am reflavoring rage to be around gaining momentum by spinning massive thanos esq blades
    Dual swords that resemble helicopter blades.
    The character spins and throws these

I am stuck between these 3 ideas

Barbarian 2 fighter 6 (champion) palladin 4 vengeance
    This would primarily be crit fishing with the barbarian reckles and the vengeance pally advantage divinity.
    Using smites on Crits

Barbarian 2 , fighter x e.k
    This one would be around having e.k bring a weapon back to you and dual wielder feat for the eventual 3 attacks a turn. Generally 2 of which could have the +2 dueling style

Lastly

Barbarian 2, palladin 2 , fighter x battle master
    This one would be around using smites and battle master dice.
    Idea would be building around distracting strike and menacing to add utility.

Stats
    After racials of goliath
    I don't want to change stats or race
    However if you guys find a better class mix that does this in base phb let me know

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Build help for a juggling thrower

You will need a permissive GM to make a lot of this work, namely custom feats or magic weapons. Your biggest obstacle is the throwing/dual wielding oversized weapons. You cannot use Smite or Reckless Attack with ranged attacks.

By RAW there is only one double weapon that has been released, the double scimitar from Eberon. It deals 2d4 slashing, and has a built in bonus action attack for 1d4 (with stat mod, so less investment than PAM or Dual Wielding) There is a racial feat (elf only) that gives +1 Str or Dex and adds finesse, +1AC, and brings the bonus attack to 2d4. This is compatable with the great weapon fighting style, which works very well with the 2d4 weapon die.

What I see you going for is lots of attacks, advantage, and huge critical hits. You want to do this with thrown dual weapons.

I think a bladelock, maybe with a splash of champion, could be a good fit. You will still need a custom option to get the thrown weapons to work, but you can probably work out a feat, magic weapon, or invocation to do that. Unlike paladins, warlock smites work on ranged attacks with your pact weapon - and give a no save prone to huge or smaller targets. You can get increased crit range from hexblade's curse, advantage from Darkness/Devil Sight or later Shadow of Moil, and have built in returning weapons from blade pact (Action economy isn't great, but its there)

If you are willing to entertain a race change, you can also achieve a lot of what you want with some creative reskinning. A Bugbear Battlemaster with a pole arm can make lunge attacks with 20' reach, which is probably farther than most people could throw a halberd anyway. It solves the action economy and range issues, and is compatable with most of your stated goals.