Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Star Wars?

Looking for players and a GM for Star Wars. Saga edition preferred, because I don’t have access to the FFG games.

Era doesn’t matter, but I would like to play as a Jedi.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars?

I'd be interested as a player.
    No DM is ever truly out of tricks to mess with his/her players.
    No player is ever truly out of ways to surprise their DM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

I would be interested in playing some Star Wars. Can play SAGA, but I would like to try Star Wars 5e .
    Will hold off on character ideas until there is a GM and the 16.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    I would be interested in playing some Star Wars. Can play SAGA, but I would like to try Star Wars 5e .
    Will hold off on character ideas until there is a GM and the 16.
    VERY interested in this. I may even be enticed to run this if there is enough interest in SW5e. Have to read through the latest iteration of the rules to see.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Would be potentially interested in a SAGA game. Thinking about a tech/pilot type, potentially Force-sensitive.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I'd have to look more at the 5e thing before I could make a character with it, but I'd be interested in playing either saga or 5e.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I would be interested in an e5 game, try something new.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I might be interested in a game. I'm more knowlegeable about saga edition, but can try 5e.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

I'd be very interested myself, and I know a friend that would absolutely love to join in. The only two things I'd need to know is what system we'd be playing in and what medium we'd be using.

5e is not something I'm invested in, though any of the three bigger Star Wars systems would be fine; D20, Saga, or Fantasy Flight. And if it's PBP instead of discord/R20/any live service I might be interested but my buddy probably wouldn't be.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardianWolf View Post
    I'd be very interested myself, and I know a friend that would absolutely love to join in. The only two things I'd need to know is what system we'd be playing in and what medium we'd be using.

5e is not something I'm invested in, though any of the three bigger Star Wars systems would be fine; D20, Saga, or Fantasy Flight. And if it's PBP instead of discord/R20/any live service I might be interested but my buddy probably wouldn't be.
    That all would really depend on who is running the game. I know IF I run a game, it will the 5e version and it would be run here.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardianWolf View Post

OP did mention that they preferred SAGA, but they've not said things either way on Star Wars 5e.

...I will note that I would be dropping interest if 5e is the selected system. >.>
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Not so sure about 5e, to be honest.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #13

Interested as a player. I'm more familiar with SAGA, and have no experience with 5e, but if there's a 5e game forming, I'd give it a try. Would prefer SAGA however.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

14. - Top - End - #14

Default Checking Interest in an Edge of the Empire SAGA Edition Star Wars Game

Given both the lack of support for a strong interest in a SW5e game AND the fact that I have not had the time to read the Player's Handbook I have given up on my plan to run a Star Wars 5e game. However, I still want to run a Star Wars game so I am going to go ahead and leave this here to see if anyone bits.

What I am thinking about is a campaign very much like the Edge of the Empire from Fantasy Flight games using the SAGA system. The campaign will take place in the Rebellion era however the characters are not rebels (at least to start.) You may be rebel sympathizers or you may only be interested in yourselves but you are certainly no fans of the Empire. You live in the seedy underbelly of the Empire. You make your living doing what those prim and proper Imperials will not. AND occasionally you may have worked for the Empire doing something they didn't want their hands dirtied by. You will begin play as a crew. You will all know each other and work together. I will provide you with a freighter. It will make the Millennium Falcon look like it was fresh off the showroom floor. So you will always have, at least in the back of your head, a worry as to where the next credits are coming from. I will only allow one Jedi in the group. This person will need to have a great reason he/she has not been discovered. Any others can be Force Sensitive and should work closely with the Jedi character on their backgrounds.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? Star Wars SAGA Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Rebellion Era but the focus at the start is "Edge of the "Empire."

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4-6. Alternates will be taken.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? OOTS

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? First level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Per character class. Roll randomly here.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? NO Homebrewed. The only exception is homebrewed from Fandom Comics. Only one jedi to start.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? See above.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Your character's ability scores all start at 8. You have 25 points to spend to increase these scores, using the costs shown on page 18 of the core rulebook. Hit points as determined on page 13 of the core rulebook.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Alignments are not used but keep your focus group friendly.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Per the core rulebook.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Dice will be rolled here.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. See item 7 above.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? I need a decent paragraph or two for character background. Work together to explain how you all ended up together. We will discuss this in this thread and the OOC thread once we get started.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? All of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Any of the official rulebooks except KotOR and Legacy Era. If you use something from a book that is not the core, please cite book and page.

Hopefully we can get enough interest to get a game going.

15. - Top - End - #15

I am interested in playing a soldier.

(3d4)[4]x250
    Last edited by esorscher; 2019-05-22 at 09:02 PM.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

I would like to play as a droid scout. Would this be okay?
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Aiming to be the Jedi character. Might make a secondary character, just in case.

Anyway, for now, credits for the Jedi (3d4)[10]x100 =1000. That is a lot of credits for a Jedi.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2019-05-22 at 09:23 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18

I'm currently thinking a pilot/mechanic type. Thinking scout or technician. Unsure on race.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Dual blaster, near human.

Soldier, scoundrel, eventually gunslinger elite trooper if we get that far.

Will have a sheet and background up shortly. Do we use destiny or backgrounds?

Alignment: (1d9)[3] LE, not sure if this will work with the setting will modify personality if necessary.
    Starting creds: (3d4)[9] 2250
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-05-23 at 12:52 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

20. - Top - End - #20

I don't have any idea what kind of soldier, or maybe scoundrel, I'm making, but I'm interested in suggestions for how to make the most use of my below average starting credits.
    Last edited by esorscher; 2019-05-23 at 03:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Any room in this? I would like to play a Jedi as well.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Also interested, if you're willing to take another person! Might be playing a Force sensitive soldier or a scoundrel, depending on what the rest of the group turns out like.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Alignment: [roll1] LE, not sure if this will work with the setting will modify personality if necessary.
    Please do. Though there are no alignments in SWSE, playing a personality akin to LE is definitely something I am not looking for in a party.

Quote Originally Posted by YuweaCurtis View Post
    Any room in this? I would like to play a Jedi as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceblue View Post
    Also interested, if you're willing to take another person! Might be playing a Force sensitive soldier or a scoundrel, depending on what the rest of the group turns out like.
    Definitely looking for players. This is not first come, first served. I am looking for party members who are compatible with one another. The only guarantee in this it to the OP. Lentrax is guaranteed a spot and as the Jedi as that is what this thread was started under. Per the Big 16, I'm only taking 1 jedi in the group as this is the Rebellion era. If you would like to play a Force Sensitive, we can work on that premise.

24. - Top - End - #24

Honestly I just wanna do lightsaber form combat >.> not sure if I can do that well or at all as just a force sensitive.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

25. - Top - End - #25

Couple of questions:
    1. What is the Fandom Comic homebrew? I've seen mention of it, but all of the links I'm finding are dead.
    2. Are we going to start out with a starship(s)? If so, are we allowed to design it?

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Couple of questions:
    1. What is the Fandom Comic homebrew? I've seen mention of it, but all of the links I'm finding are dead.
    Fandom Comics were an online site devoted to a group's SWSE campaign and they hosted a bunch of PDF files in SAGA format to publish their own house rules. It was devoted to the Clone Wars era but they also did a species guide with aliens not covered in the WOTC books.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    2. Are we going to start out with a starship(s)? If so, are we allowed to design it?
    Within reason. I will have final say over everything of course but the players are allowed full input.
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2019-05-23 at 03:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alright, I'm going to be going with a Force sensitive Zeltron scoundrel, if the species checks out. I'd be more than happy to discuss plot stuff to make the concept work.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

I know I said I'd want a live game but man I'm a sucker for some good Star Wars.

I'm still interested in doing this game, and I have a decent idea for two characters depending on what will fit better in the setting.

My first choice is a Trandoshan Scout and/or Scoundrel that is bent on fighting the slavery rings that his people uphold. He would feel that the slavery that comes from the "Hunt" that a number of other Trandoshans spend their lives doing is disgraceful to the Scorekeeper. He believes that the Scorekeeper approves of the ideas of chase and capture but is displeased by the imprisonment of the targets, and that a slave is an improper trophy. He would do his work as a gun for hire or an unofficial bounty hunter to make ends and jumps on jobs that further his goal.

My second choice is (If this "species" is allowed) a Clone Soldier/Scoundrel that will be focused on more technical abilities. Having been put into service around 22 BBY shortly before the Siege of Ryloth as an Engineer, he discovered he control chip planted in his head after a near fatal explosion while working on a faulty BARC Speeder. After removing and dissecting it in secret he learned the chips nature but not it's true function. After this discovery, he faked his death and deserted near the end of the War. He's used his knowledge of Stealth and Tech to various ends for various people, now just trying to lay low, and find out more about the chip, the Clones, and why the Galaxy ended up the way it did.

I wanted to put two characters up so that I could balance out a role if need be, and I'm excited to play either. I plan on further fleshing out these stories after we start an OOC and I know which one I'm playing and how the party will be tied in.

I have two questions for our DM: 1. as noted above, I would like to play a Clone, just wanted to double check that it was ok? 2. In regards to that Clone, I wanted to ask if the Outlaw Tech tree from the WotC supplement was also ok to use? I know it's official material but I'd find it polite to ask.
    Last edited by TheGuardianWolf; 2019-05-23 at 04:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    Please do. Though there are no alignments in SWSE, playing a personality akin to LE is definitely something I am not looking for in a party
    What are you looking for, thief with a heart of gold? Robin Hood types? People squeezed out of an honest living for one reason or other and just looking for a way to survive?

Will dark side points come into play and do we lose our characters if we fall to the dark side?

Edit; do we need to pay license fees for starting equipment?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-05-23 at 07:52 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

30. - Top - End - #30

After reading a bit more in the Rebellion sourcebook, I'm taking a hard left and going the Intelligence Officer/ Medical Officer route.

EDIT: Sheet in progress, would appreciate any feedback/ advice. Character is focused on out-of-combat skills, primarily functioning as an information gatherer, party face, and healing. In combat, focus on buffing allies.

Force Sensitivity would (hopefully) lead to learning some Force Powers/ techniques from the Jedi in the party, getting the character out of their withdrawn Umbaran personality and more invested in helping others. Those powers would relate to healing and buffing. Exploring other feat options, however.

Very short backstory: from a noble Umbaran family, trained as a doctor, kicked out of medical school, disgraced. Became a back-alley doctor catering to gangs. High-class upbringings with connections to the criminal underworld, serves as a useful connection between prospective employers and their potential employees.

EDIT EDIT: Of course, all of this may change as I continue to read and explore the various sourcebooks.
    Last edited by esorscher; 2019-05-24 at 12:09 PM.