New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Non human half-elf

So my character is a half elf with with the mixed blood trait. I choose plant. So my background is his mother was a dryad and his father was a drow. How long would he live for? Should I base it off of the elf?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: Non human half-elf

If your not going to play over 250 year game time barely matters. Is your character going to be advanced an age category? My question would be do I get knowledge local history for free. After all your character lived though it.
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Non human half-elf

Where is this trait from? I'm seeing a third party Heritage feat by that name, in Pathfinder anyway.

I would just make you an elf with a template - the lifespan is long enough that it could cover a variety of combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Non human half-elf

Usually such a union defaults in a lifespan on the middle ground between both races. It's just that the middleground between a number and infinity is hard to calculate. I personally would go for the life span of an half-elf, and maybe just throw in that the doesn't become slower just a few years before its "his end".

In the same vein, maybe have his strength and con stay the same, he just becomes slower, in the same vein he just gets wiser (+1 bonus to wisdom, -1/-2/-3 penalty to dexterity).