1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Recruit by play popup game. Dnd-ish

This is a "recruit by playing" pick up flash game. Make a character and jump in.

While walking though (unnamed major city) you come upon this:

(parody use)

As you can see, Martha's Orphanage is on fire and being attacked by a huge hairy spider.

Spoiler: map try 2
    Show
    https://i.redd.it/n3xsbp3vpqu11.jpg
    (no infringement intended).

Spoiler: map try 3, now with img tag
    Show

The orphanage is the grey building on the right side across from the cart. The spider is on the south eastern part of the roof, where it is munching on orphans.

If you want to get involved in this situation, post a link to your character sheet, describe your starting location, your intended action, and make a roll for your action(hide check or attack maybe?), and initiative for the next round.

Once we have enough people seriously engaged, or kill the spider, we will move to proper game threads if anyone wants to investigate why the orphanage was attacked, deal with the aftermath, or otherwise continue. I'll build the setting based on what characters joined in. If no catgirls attack the spider, then I might not include cat girls. If a warforged shows up, then there are warforged. If a Jedi catgirl shows up, then, ok, Jedi and catgirls. Let's aim for medieval/renaissance fantasy.

Other 'rules':

Characters. This is a perfect time to use that character you made that one time but didn't get to play, or that you want to play again. I'm targeting level 5-ish, so say between 4 to 7. We'll probably end up doing free-form xp or milestone leveling.

Generation: (roll or point buy or?) The orphans don't care. Use an old character or make something quickly cause the orphanage is already on fire. Just have a 'reasonable' character that doesn't have "18's for every stat" and every magic item in the world.

System: anything DnD-ish. Dnd 1-5 (convert thaco to bab and make high AC a good thing), Slayers d20, d20 past, OSR systems, Gurps fantasy, Warhammer fantasy, Palladium, Savage Worlds, HARP. HEROQuest... D20, 3d8, d100, d12 based systems I can I can pretend are somewhat compatible with a couple of dice conversion charts. Just make sure you know what your spells and powers do 'rules as intended'. If later you want to do a 'quick and dirty' conversion to a system closer to what the majority is using you can, but you won't have to. I'm expecting mostly d20-ish players will show up given the forum population.

Obviously, don't worry about 'balance'. Worry about the giant spider and the orphans.

Alignment: Kill the spider and rescue the orphans. Kill the spider and rob the orphans. Charm the spider for your mount and enslave the orphans. Destroy the spider and the orphanage and then go after whoever sent it for messing with your turf. Form a cooperative party, or fight the PC's who don't agree with you on the issue of orphan enslavement. Whatever. Do something fast or there won't be any orphans left to save or enslave.

Backstory: Well, I was walking though town and saw an orphanage on fire... You can say the gods spawned you on the spot, or recon a backstory after we decide if there are catgirl Jedi.

Houserules: Expect a lot of them, bordering on 'rulings not rules' that are highly situational. If I don't know, I'm going to make something up or roll for it or distract players with sudden demons and/or unicorns until the question doesn't matter anymore.

Posting rate: I'm often disjointed by 'daily' expectations, so let's say "3 times or more a week" for players with the gm posting more often in response.

If you just want to play the initial 'recruiting' scenario without intention to join any campaign that is fine too.

SO. If you want to play:

1. post a link to your character sheet
    2. describe your starting location,
    3. describe your intended action,
    4. make a roll for your action(hide check or attack maybe?),
    5. make a roll for initiative for the next round.
    6. ???
    7. Profit!
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-15 at 08:34 PM. Reason: map didn't work
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Recruit by play popup game. Dnd-ish

This sounds like fun!! Let's begin!

Spoiler: Character
    Show
    Shandara, Drow Wizard

You can find background, description, and personality there in the appropriate text boxes. Closest thing to a picture would be my giantitp avatar.

By the way, kind of doing a pathfinder portish thing on skills. The cunning feat grants more skill points, and I also tried to implement background skills. So basically that's my ranks in profession and craft.

Spoiler: Starting Location
    Show
    Shandara was heading home, walking along the center street (heading east) when she noticed the fire, smoke, and panicking people. Thus she began approaching quickly to see what was going on. After gawking for some seconds, trying to comprehend the situation and looking around to see if anyone was coming to help, that's when the giant spider appears. She should be on the sidewalk near the street, between those two stalls.

Additional dibs: I'm claiming that this major city is a wealthy port city found on a tropical island! It's the largest island in a chain of them with a (thought to be) dormant volcano. It sits midway between two large continents which themselves have rich, powerful countries. The islands are the only known safe/shortest route between the two, and thus has become extremely lucrative, having a monopoly on trade between the two regions.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Shandara is freaked out now and boogies out of there, opposite direction heading west. Drow are supposed to like spiders? Screw that! She knows exactly how horrifying they can be! First, she's looking for city guards to notify about this monstrocity. Second, after hopefully finding some guards, she'll quickly be making a long detour around this scene to her home which isn't too far away. Currently she has no weapons or any useful combat spells prepared, but at home she has a few wands or scrolls which might help deal with the spider.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    initiative: (1d20)[1]

Can't think of any other applicable rolls, unless you want one for endurance by time she runs home and back on the scene. Her fortitude saves are very low

By the way. I could totally see her being blamed for the attack, but given how she's been living in the city a few years, I think only someone who doesn't really know her might think that.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-05-16 at 12:32 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

ok.

1) Drow exist, and apparently have access to some major SPF.
    2) Midway tropical island.

Sounds like several rounds of alerting guards and running home to arm up.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    ok.

1) Drow exist, and apparently have access to some major SPF.
    2) Midway tropical island.

Sounds like several rounds of alerting guards and running home to arm up.
    Yes! My drow has a parasol after all, but I imagine also buys ointments and such on a daily basis to not burn to a crisp. There may even be sunglasses too. Of course, I would like them merely as an RP tool, not as something that negates light blindness.

I guess for now, we'll both be sitting here waiting if some other wayward heroes appear to stop the spider menace?
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

We'll I'm grading papers, and the spider is munching on orphans.
    The fire is munching on the orphanage.
    The orphans are being munched upon or standing around in Santa-less shock.
    The orphanage is being consumed by the fire.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Oh believe me I'd love to do my best at failing to save those kids and never, ever being able to lure Santa down to the sweltering tropical metropolis.

I guess I'm just not really sure what you want..?

Would you like me to continue posting? Or rather, I think what I'd like to do is maybe make spot/listen checks trying to find guards, and then if I find any, rave at them begging for help.

Show
    spot: (1d20+6)[13]
    listen: (1d20+5)[21]

Spoiler: RP stuff
    Show
    Wide-eyed, Shandara stared at the giant spider in disbelief as it seemingly appeared out of nowhere and skewered some bystanders. One of the now lifeless corpses crunched in its maws. Without any more thought, Shandara ran away from the spider as fast as she could manage with her flimsy sandals, still grasping her parasol in her hands. She did not scream like some of the other people in the area, but mentally she was still panicking. After passing the large building to the south and putting some distance between herself and the spider, she looks around frantically for any guards, heroes, or anyone that looked extremely strong and capable.

Shandara knew her brother, who was a superb warrior back when she lived with him under the ground, probably couldn't do much except piss the thing off. She imagined it would require a sizeable team of well-armed veterans to take the monster out. As for herself? She wasn't a warrior at all. She was extremely weak and frail. Unarmed. Hardly even dressed, really. She knew some magic, but not very strong magic. More importantly, she had no spells prepared that could affect the spider, even if she had her spell component pouch with her. Deep down she knew she probably couldn't do much to help, but she had to find someone that could.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-05-16 at 02:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Oh believe me I'd love to do my best at failing to save those kids and never, ever being able to lure Santa down to the sweltering tropical metropolis.

I guess I'm just not really sure what you want..?

Would you like me to continue posting? Or rather, I think what I'd like to do is maybe make spot/listen checks trying to find guards, and then if I find any, rave at them begging for help.

Show
    spot: [roll0]
    listen: [roll1]

Spoiler: RP stuff
    Show
    Wide-eyed, Shandara stared at the giant spider in disbelief as it seemingly appeared out of nowhere and skewered some bystanders. One of the now lifeless corpses crunched in its maws. Without any more thought, Shandara ran away from the spider as fast as she could manage with her flimsy sandals, still grasping her parasol in her hands. She did not scream like some of the other people in the area, but mentally she was still panicking. After passing the large building to the south and putting some distance between herself and the spider, she looks around frantically for any guards, heroes, or anyone that looked extremely strong and capable.

Shandara knew her brother, who was a superb warrior back when she lived with him under the ground, probably couldn't do much except piss the thing off. She imagined it would require a sizeable team of well-armed veterans to take the monster out. As for herself? She wasn't a warrior at all. She was extremely weak and frail. Unarmed. Hardly even dressed, really. She knew some magic, but not very strong magic. More importantly, she had no spells prepared that could affect the spider, even if she had her spell component pouch with her. Deep down she knew she probably couldn't do much to help, but she had to find someone that could.
    You can hear firebells ringing and see some guards running towards the scene. They stop when they see the spider and you hear one tell another to go fetch...well, everybody.

Now let's see if anyone else wants to join in, perhaps with a more direct solution.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Bumpity bump bump.

Though the creators of the multiverse wish for its motions to cease indefinitely, the inertia of time is an unstoppable force, even for them. Women wail and orphans scream as they are devoured by fire and spider alike. City guards rally but are too slow and too widespread to be of any help. The few that are in the vicinity give the spider an extra-wide berth, ready to run for their own lives at a drop of a hat, looking around nervously for reinforcements. What was once a beautiful, prosperous, tropical paradise has been reduced to a scene from a grade B Michael Bay movie.

Spoiler: RP, one more round!
    Show
    Shandara was going to call attention to the guards, but apparently they were already alerted to the attack, drawn by the unmistakable sound of screams, fireballs, and the billowing of smoke. With that out of the way it was out of her hands, and the only thing left to do was make it home where she had a stash of magic items she had crafted, created for the day when she may own a magic shop of her own.

She was already heading home for the day, but the damn spider was in her path, blocking the most direct path. There was a schedule Shandara had on days she worked; she rested around midday, made her way to the jewelers in the evenings, helped close the shop, worked overnight, opened the shop, then took a stroll back home in the morning, typically completing any of her errands then. On her days off, there was still quite a lively night life in this city. Of course, this would be the case today, if not for a giant, rampaging spider.

In any case, home. She had to get home. Turning south, she skirted around the corner of the large building with the red roof, and ran its entire width to the other end, where she would turn that corner as well. From there, she could see it would be mostly a straight shot east, though after passing by this large building on its southern side. But she would have to be running through some alleys...

(not actually running in alleys or heading east yet. She's just on the southwest corner of the large building now and more or less can see her route)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Game is still open, still recruiting. Operators are standing by, awaiting your generous responses!

Meanwhile...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Shandara rounds the corner of the large building, now heading east. She supposed that now she could attempt an all-out sprint in a straight line but decided against it. It was actually difficult to run in her flip flops, and she might risk tripping or breaking them. That, and she really didn't have much stamina, so she would definitely exhaust herself before she even got home...

So, continuing on, from the southwest corner of the building she moves 60' east, diverging from a group of commoners, merchants, and other bystanders as they fled the spider.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Charachter: Finnian

Finnian had originally been in the orphanage on buissness, short of the near-slavery that came with work in the emerald mines or fighting pits criminal work was all that was left to some of these orphans and one pair (orc boy, gnome girl) had picked up the knack early and were being told about the guild rules.

As the spider bore down though he saw he had now way out but through. He got onto the roof and crept slowly through the fog towards the beast. When he got as close as possible, heís break cover leap for itís back and try and maintain balance while he was stabbing.

Stealth: (1d20+9)[11] (Donít suppose I get some bonus for how distracted it is?)
    Acrobatics to land and balance on itís back (Second Story Work should Help) (1d20+9)[24]
    Attack to stab it in the back of the neck as a distraction/Disincourigment (1d20+7)[12] for (1d8+5)[13]+(2d6)[9]
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-18 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Charachter: Finnian

If Ian had originally been in the orphanage on buissness, short of the near-slavery that came with work in the emerald mines or fighting pits criminal work was all that was left to some of these orphans and one pair (orc boy, gnome girl) had picked up the knack early and were being told about the guild rules.

As the spider bore down though he saw he had now way out but through. He got onto the roof and crept slowly through the fog towards the beast. When he got as close as possible, heís break cover leap for itís back and try and maintain balance while he was stabbing.

Stealth: (1d20+12)[14] (Donít suppose I get some bonus for how distracted it is?)
    Acrobatics to land and balance on itís back (Second Story Work should Help) (1d20+15)[23]
    Attack to stab it in the back of the neck as a distraction/Disincourigment (2d8+10)[21] for [roll3]+[roll4]
    spot (1d20+12)[14] and tremor sense.

It senses Ian coming, but can't prevent the cinematic jump. Unfortunately, the dagger does not pierce the spider's tough skin.

It brushes Ian off and attempts to bite.

Bite(1d20+15)[23] melee, dam (2d8+10)[21] plus poison

Spoiler:
    Show

]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Damn that is one nasty spider. Is its poison just causing more damage, or will it inflict statuses like ability damage? Is there a con or fortitude save vs the poison?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

spot (1d4+5)[7] and tremor sense.

It senses Ian coming, but can't prevent the cinematic jump. Unfortunately, the dagger does not pierce the spider's tough skin.

It brushes Ian off and attempts to bite.

Bite[roll1] melee, dam [roll2] plus poison
    n

(Itís Finnian, but Finian autocorrects to If Ian).

Woozy from the blood loss and poison Finnian makes one last attempt to stab it in the eye while itís fangs go to bite him.

He then bonus Action disengages and goes to run, jumping through the window into the opposite building where itís to narrow for the spider to quickly follow. He dashes through the structure hoping the spider wonít be able to follow him into the interior.

[roll1d20+7[/roll] (1d4+5)[7]

(If not being able to even type the roll correctly ainít a sign I donít know what is)
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-18 at 02:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sidenote: I should really not be trying to tackle a 3.5e-ish world with 5e numbers. This might just end very badly indeed.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Sidenote: I should really not be trying to tackle a 3.5e-ish world with 5e numbers. This might just end very badly indeed.
    You can convert to 3.5 if you like.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

You can convert to 3.5 if you like.
    Eh, Iíll go with this one until he dies then then Iím with a 3.5 character,p. Iím waiting to see how long this one can survive first.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Trouble is even the disengage actions are different, I believe. In 5e all of your movement will not provoke AoOs but in 3.5 it's called withdrawal. A full round action and only safe from the first square you move from.

So there's a big question of which rules to follow. I think if by 3.5 withdrawal he's dead if the spider chooses to take the AoO. It has a massive reach. And 95% chance to hit.....

But overall I think 5e is pretty strong at the lower levels.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Trouble is even the disengage actions are different, I believe. In 5e all of your movement will not provoke AoOs but in 3.5 it's called withdrawal. A full round action and only safe from the first square you move from.

So there's a big question of which rules to follow. I think if by 3.5 withdrawal he's dead if the spider chooses to take the AoO. It has a massive reach. And 95% chance to hit.....

But overall I think 5e is pretty strong at the lower levels.
    If Iím using the 5e lower numbers then I should get the safer 5e rules surely. Otherwise Iím fully doomed.

Also, I really donít think so. Maybe at level 1 and 2 but in 3.5e you get effectively a proficiency bonus equal to your level for things you are good at and itís easier to pick up circumstance or other bonuses.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-19 at 12:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Although, instead of +1 or +2 circumstance bonuses, you get advantage. Which I think choosing the best of two dice is statistically better. But yeah. Soon after in 3.5 you get access to all sorts of cool feats and progressively higher Bab and saves.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

He makes it though the window. The spider seems more interested in easier prey.

You are feeling a bit woozy though...

Roll Con save vs poison

Meanwhile, our novice magician makes it to her dwelling and can gear up.

Oh, those poor orphans! Can't anyone do something?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

(1d20+2)[9]

Do I die?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Maybe. Does (1d8)[8] stg damage kill you?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Well, you currently have a stg of 2 and 9 rounds before you have to roll for secondary damage. Got any antitoxin? Anybody want to be a medic?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Given that STR Damage isnít even a thing Finnian has ever heard of, much less poison effects beyond poisoned, I think heíll quickly limp off into retirement or death. Might rejoin later but doesnít seem to be much of a point now.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

It could be that his strength drops to 0 in the next minute. Which isn't lethal but.. you'll be helpless for hours. You're definitely going to want to be in a safe place when that happens. And preferably also somewhere where a nice person might find you...

Spoiler: Shandara
    Show
    After a couple minutes of jogging down alleys and crossing a few streets, Shandara arrives to her home.. well, not quite yet. It was a large, stony apartment complex. It was in a good neighborhood, though the building itself was plain and probably resembled a bunker more than anything with minimal decorations. As one could imagine, this was a place mostly favored by dwarves and gnomes, but some humans also lived here as well. An elf would probably be repulsed by the thought of living here, though as a drow whose natural habitat was underground like a dwarf, she didn't really mind. Shandara entered the main hall and then began to run up three flights of stairs. No she didn't have a luxurious penthouse either. In fact in a building like this without an elevator, being higher up was actually less desirable. As a testament to that, she had stopped running and was out of breath by the time she climbed the last steps.

(She's now fatigued as well)

Winded but not giving up yet, Shandara proceeded to her room and swung open the door. Her abode was a smallish affair, like a small apartment or efficiency. A hammock was hung in the left corner opposite the door and near a small window, the only source of natural light and fresh air in this stifling climate. Up on the top floor the enclosed space was quite warm, as one could imagine. To the left of the door was a small kitchenette with a stove in case anyone was crazy enough to make the place even hotter and a marvelous piece of plumbing engineering that could draw water and let it drain out through another pipe. That was probably the best thing about these apartments. But unfortunately it was also right near the auto-chamber pot and showering system as well, separated by just a small divider.

A small, beat up, wooden table set was in the corner right of the door, and in the right corner opposite the door was Shandara's work space. She set her parasol down and rummaged through one of the drawers of the desk, procuring several wands and scrolls.

Spoiler: Magic items!
    Show
    Wand of Magic Missles
    Wand of Ray of Enfeeblement
    Scroll of Magic Weapon x2
    Scroll of Enlarge Person

With one arm somewhat full holding these items, Shandara hurriedly left her apartment, but actually slowly walked down the stairs. Not only was she was tired, but she also didn't want to fall and break her neck tumbling down the stairs with an arm occupied. (Safety first! )

Yeah, it will still take a while before I can get back on the scene and still pretty much do nothing. I should be able to help buff someone.. eventually...

I think it's time to flip the orphans over cause they're getting burnt on one side.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

lol this is why I'm not really a fan of 5e. It's simpler in a way, but too simple. Something as simple as a concept as "a poison that saps your strength" is incomprehensible in the situation. And it's like the solution to everything is.. dur... advantage? disadvantage??

Sorry no offense to you. It's all to the designers of 5e.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

lol this is why I'm not really a fan of 5e. It's simpler in a way, but too simple. Something as simple as a concept as "a poison that saps your strength" is incomprehensible in the situation. And it's like the solution to everything is.. dur... advantage? disadvantage??

Sorry no offense to you. It's all to the designers of 5e.
    5e is elegant and itís easy. 3.5e is detailed and definitive. Theyíre both legitimate goals to have when designing an RPG and indeed work better for different campaigns. However in this case it seems the enemies were built with 3.5e rules which can be disproportionately lethal to 5e characters.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

There are so many different ways of doing poison. Hp damage, ability damage, stun, immobilization, paralysis, slow, nausea, action loss, speed damage, disadvantage, acid. Primary-secondary. Over time. The ODnD instant kill.

I like to mix them up.

This one, makes you weak as a kitten. So the spider can eat you.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The crystal ball on its stand lights up and begins flashing briefly before the view focus changes to two well-dressed people sitting at a desk - a man and a woman - in what appears to be a stately study. The man has a somewhat large mustache and wears a deep red suit. The woman has long luxurious blonde hair and wears a slim blue dress. The crystal ball begins emitting sound; it plays music and the people begin speaking.

Breaking News!

"Good morning, Lords and Ladies! We have urgent news!" the man speaks in a smooth, baritone voice.

"Martha's Orphanage, in the eastern market district is under attack!" the woman says, without much urgency to her voice but still very serious.

"At about one chime after eight this morning, a fire started within the building, and soon after, a gargantuan spider appeared, wreaking havoc!"

"How this fire started or this spider came to being is currently unknown. We believe it could be part of a summoning ritual, in which case, officials hope the monster will disappear. Eventually."

"Oh, but those poor orphans!"

"It's too dangerous, John! All residents are advised to stay in their homes until it's safe!"

"More updates within the hour. And don't miss our cover story this evening on Santa's extended leave of absence and how he plans to still make the children happy even after his stroke."
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-05-21 at 09:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Jakarta. Doesn't look like we are getting many bites on the thread. Maybe it seems too silly or maybe people don't like the idea of a mishmash of systems or fighting a huge spider alone. Or maybe they just don't like the title??

But if you want, I'd at least like to continue playing with my character. As I had said in the PM I sent you, I'm more into heavier RP and not hack and slash. It's not to say never ever throw a physical challenge or threat my way, but at least hopefully give a way out that merely loses something? Preferably not limbs or drains. :P

Well. I can only hope you still have interest in this game. Here's another update:

Spoiler: Shandara
    Show
    A small, extremely slender, and scantily-clad drow reappears on the scene. She is short of breath, with beads of sweat forming on her brow and a sheen of sweat in general on her body from overexertion in the sultry weather. The orphanage situation looked no better. The building was engulfed in flames, and the giant spider was milling about close by it for some reason, eyeing the lines of guards barricaded up some distance away with hunger, but for whatever reason staying put.

Shandara slowly trudged up to the defensive line on the east, guards nervously training their loaded crossbows on the spider, and one looking concerned, perhaps perplexed by her arrival.

"E-excuse me.." she says, still needing to pause for breath. "I have some magic items here. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Shandara wore only a colorful, skimpy string bikini and a sheer mini sarong. Not unheard of or all that unacceptable for these parts, but not very common either. To her credit, at least it was obvious she carried no weapons nor had any place to hide them. But as a confessed magic user, all perceptions may as well be tossed out the window. The appearance of the spider was likely linked to magic, and with her being drow and also carrying some magic implements, could she be trusted?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-05-22 at 08:58 PM.