New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Skirmisher Boots & Speed Weapon / Haste

The Speed weapon enhancement says "When making a full attack action, the wielder of a speed weapon may make one extra attack with it. The attack uses the wielder’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This benefit is not cumulative with similar effects, such as a haste spell.)"

Skirmisher Boots add damage, but also grant "In addition, you can activate skirmisher boots to make a single extra melee or ranged attack using your full base attack bonus. You can only activate this ability if you have already moved at least 10 feet from the space where you started your turn. Movement while mounted does not allow you to activate the boots. This benefit does not require the skirmish class feature and can be activated two times per day."

Skirmisher Boots do not say it is a haste spell, but it sounds similar. One big difference is that it does not require "a full attack action."

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Skirmisher Boots & Speed Weapon / Haste

Without pounce or Travel Devotion or that sparring dummy magic item that lets you take a 10 foot 5-foot-step (and probably a few other niche cases), you typically can't do both a full-attack and move at least 10 feet in the same turn anyway.

Even if you can, I think activating the boots is a swift action? I don't have my books handy. If so, then it's clearly different from haste-like attacks and balanced on the action cost if you want to combine with a full-attack.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Skirmisher Boots & Speed Weapon / Haste

Actually the two couple well together, an extra attack on a standard action, and extra attacks on full attack actions