New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Funeral of a Friend (Pathfinder 1.0 IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokio View Post
    She offered a hand to each, to give each a proper shake.

"My name is Erica Westmarch, and I will help you to do this. Do any of you know where such a force might have made its rest? Surely they can't have gotten that far yet."
    Brac gives a firm and energetic handshake with a huge grin on his face. Brac knew it was important to give a good handshake as part of giving a good impression. "And I am Brac Blackmoon. You can count on me for putting enemies down and I am in everyone´s service if you ever need healing, dont be shy to ask!" He winks and grins as he says this.

Hopefully, the team Will warm uo to him soon. Afterall, for a good party interaction, it was important to havea nice and warm relationship with the teammates, at least that was what Eloric always told him.

"So, when should we start? Should we get some provisions for the travel? And should we pursue them by feet or are we travelling through another method?" Brac decides a to bring up a few questions for the team to decide.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lenna will take her hand with both of hers and shake enthusiastically. "Lenna Valkas, but I think I told you that already."

"If they're in the forests, eh. Then it'd be easier on foot, at least for the trackin' part anyway." She says while letting go of Erica's hand. "Not sure how rough the path is, but not sure how well a cart can go through."

"I'm already prepped as you can see, just got into town."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Hennig speaks up. "If you need horses, we can supply them out of the town stable. If you need supplies, there are a number of shops that I'm sure would assist. I would recommend waiting till tomorrow to set out. In case you want to purchase supplies, or... recruit someone else..." Hennig's features grow haunted for a moment, but then he shakes himself. "the goblins will be moving slow after a day of fighting, and in numbers that large a small group like yours will easily out pace them over time. Besides, Eloric always said the best journeys start out in the morning!"
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #124

Hector nods in agreement at the Father's words.

"It sounds like a good plan. Honestly, I could do with a bit of rest after the battle as well. Perhaps we can meet at the Gin Mill in the morning and set out from there?

We probably have the best chance of overtaking them on horseback, but I agree with Lenna that they might be impractical for some parts of the journey. Still, perhaps we can ride as far as is practical, and then send the horses home if need be?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree in waiting till the morning. I am out of magic and it would be wise to wait to recover it after a good night rest." Brac admits to the rest and to share his opinion on the matter. It was a bit relaxing to know that they werent just going in without a plan. "I like this plan. It seems that everything seems to be in order."
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"If anyone needs a place to stay, you're welcome in my home. I only have the one bed, but there's space on the floor," Tesselin offers. He knows the travelers will likely wish to stay at the inn... but with the recent events, he isn't even entirely certain if the inn will still be open. And aside from that, there were so many travelers in Rainmere. The inn could very well be full.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

7. - Top - End - #127

"Be glad to take you up on that offer, spent most of the trip down just right against this big ol' grump to sleep." She says with a smile.

Lenna pats her moose as it grunts in annoyance. "Don't worry Maple, I'm only teasing!"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, well, I'm not sure if Maple will fit inside the doorway... though he's welcome to try," Tesselin says, offering a small smile.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

9. - Top - End - #129

"I wish I could give the same offer, but the family farm is not really built for big folks like us. Ma and Pa - bless them - already had to knock down a couple of walls to expand my room as I grew up, probably would be quite cramped with more of us! But I'm sure the Gin Mill will remain open to travellers, especially on a day like this. It's much safer to host a group of brave adventurers than to close down, I should think!"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll stay at the Inn tonight, I think -- I'll pick up rations for the road. I'm already mounted, so... see you folks at the gate at dawn, then?"

Erica smiled at the lot of them, a fierce and sure thing, like they were off to do some good and very necessary work, just first thing in the morning.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Brac already has a place to stay and declines the offer after thanking for it. He had to get to his room and put everything in order for the journey ahead of them. "Well, see you all in the morning. I hope everyone gets a good night rest." Brac declares before leaving to start packing again.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Tesselin nods at the words of the others, then turns to Lenna. "I'll show you the way," he says, leading the woman to his house. It's... disheveled, not only because of the break-in but simply because of Tesselin's organization, or lack thereof. "Bunk down wherever you can find room... my room's just back there, only locking door in the house, y'know, oh, except the front door... but I'll leave my room unlocked in case you need me for something," he says.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

The next day...

The sun rises the next day at the same time it did yesterday, but the world seems so very different the next day. The town is quiet, as everyone was up late the night before putting everything to rights after the battle. Despite the healing of the town's spell casters there are still wounded, and one or two who may never wake up again. But dawn comes against, despite the sorrow, despite the pain. And in front of the Gin Mill, Father Hennig is waiting to meet you all along with one of the acolytes from the temple. "Good morning, all. I hope this new day finds you all refreshed and prepared."
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

"Good morning, my good sir. I hope you had a good night´s rest. I am ready to begin this journey." Brac declares trying to shpw confidence. "So, how are the rest of you doing?" he replies to the rest of the team hoping that they were in as good mood as he was for this.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #135

Hector spent the night at the family farm and said his last goodbyes before meeting with the others.

When he shows up, he appears much as he did yesterday, though much more well-armed. There is a gigantic gold-emblazoned spear strapped to his back, along with a crossbow and quiver, and he carries a dagger in his belt.

He nods towards the others, and replies to Brac's question:

"I am doing alright, given the circumstances. Still shocked about yesterday, but on the other hand it feels good to be doing something. I am sure this is how Eloric would have wanted us to act. Not just because they took his remains, but because they attacked his town! He would never let something like that go without a swift and decisive response. We cannot let him down!"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Tesselin spent the night restlessly, unable to find sleep as his thoughts kept swirling around. He got up with the sun, rolling out of bed with a sigh. Once he has gathered everything he thinks he will need, he heads to the Mill with Lenna. He offers Henning and the others gathered a small smile, even if he's still quite tired. "Good morning," he hums.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Erica Westmarch's statuesque figure was made even more so as she arrived not through the front gate, but from the nearby stable astride a massive roan horse bedecked in leather barding. Her gear was packed in her pack and saddlebags which did little to encumber the wall of muscle that carried the Sarenite into battle. Hulking and unafraid, it appeared that this particular beast was not one of burden, but of battle. It stared at the group, unconcerned, as the paladin dismounted.

"Well met."

18. - Top - End - #138

Lenna was up pretty early and by the time the sun had rose, Maple was brushed, breakfast was made, and her packs were ready to go. Nervous energy, wanting to be a good guest, and trying to make a good impression so that she can have a place should the worst happen from her home up north.

"Good morrow, eh." Her hood is up, covering her icy skin, snowy hair, blending well with the world around her. The bow is sitting locked to her back, axe in the belt, and two quivers as well. Maple carries the rest with ease, looking well-brushed and groomed.

"Ready to get trackin', huntin' and shootin'."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Hennig acknowledges each of you, then steps back and gestures towards the west. "Our limited intelligence states that all the goblins fled west after the fighting. That would be the best direction to attempt to track them. Unfortunately we haven't had time to send scouts out after them, and we haven't had word from some of the outlying communities out there. If you all can, please stop by and check on them." He lifts his hands and gives an Abadarian blessing to your journey.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #140

"Thank you for the guidance, Father. We will try to help in any way we can if we encounter more trouble on the way."

As the party rides out, Hector turns to the others:

"Well, it shouldn't be too hard to track a small army of greenskins, I bet. Seen Eloric do it plenty of times, at least, and the creatures are not exactly kind to the areas they pass through."

Spoiler: OOC (Aid Another)
    Show
    Hector will try to Aid whoever does the actual Survival check to track (Lenna?).

(1d20+3)[22]

If he hits DC 10, he grants a +4 bonus thanks to his Helpful trait.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Tesselin takes the familiar road out to the west of town, shouldering his own bag but struggling a bit with the weight. He didn't have a horse of his own, he'd never gotten around to learning to ride, and he hadn't a beast of burden, either. He may have overpacked a little, wanting to be prepared... but now he was stuck with the ramifications to deal with on his own. At least he sort of knew the area...

Spoiler: Also Aiding
    Show
    If I can hit that DC 10 for a +2!

Survival - (1d20+2)[3]

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAH... oof.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-06-10 at 11:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Thank you for your kindness Father."

She calls back from the horse as they head out of town, her eyes already searching for the first clue while getting some assistance in the form of information about the surrounding area.

Lenna eventually hops from the horse and then takes a good gander at the path the goblins were spotted leaving towards, looking for footprints, dropped gear, dried blood, and any other bits she would not really want to find out this way.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Alright, lets track some gobbos!

(1d20+13)[33] (3 ranks + 3 class skill + 2 wisdom + 1 half-level + 4 from some good knowledge and assistance from Hector)

I CAN TRACK A BUTTERFLY THAT CAME BY LAST WEEK
    Last edited by Merellis; 2019-06-11 at 09:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

"We wont dissapoint you, Father. Thanks for everything." Brac declares as he makes a reverence to the Father.

When the group heads out. He decides to bring up a suggestion. "Lets make sure we have as much advantage as posible. I will cast a cast spell to help with the tracking." He informs the rest. As long as the odds were in their favor, the better chances they had of completing the mission. He began casting his spell.

Show

Casting guidance to give a +1 competence bonus on one skill check.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Lenna's skills are wasted for the first few miles. The trail is so obvious that the aid of her companions is not needed- foot prints, weapons, and even a few dead are left on the side of the road, and the number of goblins makes her tracking job easy. She does notice chain dragging marks along the ground that tells her that the goblins have been chained up, further slowing down the main force.

After several miles, things get a bit more touchy. The road to the Wylds grows more into a track, with some goblins making their way through the woods and some trudging along the trail. The trees are massive- the redwoods that the town is now famous for. The rain forest has patches of mud that leave evident boot trails, but an unskilled eye would lose the trail between these wet spots. Lenna, however, is not unskilled. The group rapidly makes ground, with more and more sign that you all are slowly catching up with the escaping army. The most difficult thing that she finds is that she is not the only one tailing the group- in several patches of mud there are strange insectile prints of some sort of hungry beast following after the stragglers and picking off a goblin here and there, leaving corpses torn apart in hidden hollows in the trees. It seems the group may encounter this insect before reaching the main body of the enemy army.
    The Bear is Back.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

"...giant mantis," Tesselin says when he notices the tracks interspersed among the recently deceased goblins. "They're fast predators, but really only care about picking fights when they're hungry... which, hopefully, they won't be. It seems like they've been hunting for a while," he says. "Still... we can't be too careful. They're ambush hunters, they attack from the sky, so keep your heads about you," he says, taking a look around to make sure none of the creatures are in the immediate vicinity by checking the nearby treetops.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+10)[19]

26. - Top - End - #146

"Giant mantis? The regular ones are enough of a pest, just our luck to meet a big one! Still, as long as it's picking off greenskins I guess it's doing Abadar's good work, eh? "

Hector tries to tries to sound unconcerned, but beneath his bravado he seems somewhat nervous about the new threat, constantly letting his eyes dart towards the sky while keeping one hand near his loaded crossbow.

Show
    Rolling Perception too:

(1d20+5)[22]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Astride her horse and following the directions of their tracker and the points about the expected enemy, Erica pulled her polearm into her hands and contemplated the creature they might find themselves facing. "Well. That sounds... unpleasant, doesn't it? Stay close. If it's coming down, I'll... intercept it."

She turned her eyes upward, ever watchful of the trees and prepared to strike at a descending opponent with her reach...

(1d20+4)[15] for Knowledge (Nature) about the insect.
    (1d20+3)[19] for Perception.
    Last edited by Lokio; 2019-06-11 at 04:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

"Right then." She continues to stride forward, looking, kneeling, sniffing, and pausing to drift back occasionally to make sure she hadn't missed anything. Her hand is constantly sitting next to her axe, ready to whip that out at a moments notice, but her mind is focused on the task at hand.

"You lot watch for a giant bug, I'll keep us on track for the gobs and hobs."

She continues ever forward, no point stopping because of danger, no point stopping at all really.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Brac had never seen or hear of such creature before. He wondered aout how big it could be. "If we end up engaging it in battle, do you have any advice about how to handle it?Or do you have any warnings to give about its capabilities?" Brac decides to ask trying to be prepared for battle. At the very least, he could try to stay sharp. He transforms into his werewolf form to heighten his senses while keeping an eye out for posible attacks.

Show

Using change shape to turn into lycanthrope form. I get an increase of +2 to wisdom while on this form. I will take the +2 on all saves as the bestial feature.

With the increased wisdom, I will make a perception check.
    (1d20+10)[26]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party discuss how to deal with giant mantises, one makes itself known. The path crests over a hill, and on the other side, about forty feet away, a massive specimen. It is fourteen feet long, seven feet tall, and must weigh as much as a small horse. It has a hobgoblin corpse in it's grasp and is rapidly munching at the inside of the skull when you all approach. It turns to face you all, then returns to its meal, backing away slowly as it does so. However, Brac's eyes alone spot a second monstrous insect on a tree branch above, looking down intently at the party of adventurers who are much fresher prey than goblin corpses. It raises it's scything forelimbs and its wings flutter silently up above, as though it is deciding which of you to strike.

Show
    Assuming Brac let's you all know what's coming, you all get a surprise round on the mantis above. The one with the hobgoblin does not appear to be interested in engaging, so it's up to you how to handle that
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2019-06-11 at 11:40 PM.
    The Bear is Back.