New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default What's the most brokenly strong character you have ever made? (Just for yucks)

What's the most brokenly strong character you have ever made? (Just for yucks)

Mine was a level 20 Psion Elan using Dreamscarred Press Psychic rules mixed with the create your own race rules... I literally cannot think of another way to make a more broken character.

Not looking for builds, just want to collect a few fun stories.

Mine was capable of literally anything, time travel, teleport, rewinding time, fusion, he couldn't die (astral seed), he created a council of himself (mindseed), creating his own reality, forcing other to live in it, stealing the powers of others (Mind Control, Fusion, astral seed, killing self).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What's the most brokenly strong character you have ever made? (Just for yucks)

hmm, discounting unstatted gods made for campaign ideas, as well as other unstatted char designs meant for npcs only; mine isn't anything particularly broken. It was just some sort of lvl 30 or so gestalt silliness, or maybe 20, I don't remember, the kind where they let you put templates on just one side of the gestalt. So one side gave me tons of stats from a massive pile of templates, average stats were like 40 or so, the other gave me a pile of the +X to Y bonuses; so I had an AC of 90 or so and monstrous saves. It just had some big numbers, aside from that it wasn't that brutal or anything.
    Last edited by zlefin; 2019-05-18 at 06:50 PM.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: What's the most brokenly strong character you have ever made? (Just for yucks)

I made number of strong characters but never gather enough courage to show them to other players and DM. I know in advance they would ban me from the table for scurrilous behavior. That is why theoretical optimizations is called so.
    a typical Dark Wizard hunter would die, on average, eight and a half times along the way to becoming ‘paranoid’.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I believe it was one of my first Wizards, got to play that campaign for nearly 3 years and we ended up around level 18. The end point was when I got Genesis as a 2/day Su ability, and proceeded to create my own collection of pocket dimensions. As the conditions are pretty open for pocket dimension properties, I created a replica of each common biome along with animal and plant life, as well as many plane-inspired ones. Eternal deserts, endless seas, undead-centric deadlands with natural electricity flowing literally everywhere... I had it all. We ended up when I started creating new subraces and environment-specific creatures to populate the unlivable ones. Was a great game.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I built a natural weapon spam character a while back, with Knockdown, White Raven Tactics, Time Stands Still, and Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip. Dealt more damage the more opponents he was facing, capping out at 39 opponents and several thousand total damage (had 40ft reach when nova-ing, so not completely unreasonable). Oh, and Stormguard Warrior; I think that crazy amount of damage came from assuming that at least one opponent walked all the way through his reach into melee range.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2019-05-18 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I never got to play him, but probably my favored soul of Nerull (i think) that was immune to damage and most harmful effects, and being a favored soul had amazing saving throws against the few things that could effect him. He had some magic items and spells and posted as a LG Paladin. He literally appeared like the biggest Paladin stereotype on the outside, shining golden armor strong chiseled jawline etc. He was very good at pretending to be this. I have his character sheet around somewhere, I hope to use him someday.

7. - Top - End - #7

I made a dmm cleric chosen of kord that persisted like 50 different spells without nightsticks and had 10 or 12 more available as needed who gished up like mad. Never got to play him but it took me 2 full days pouring over books to bring it all together, no inifinite loops free wishes or anything super silly, just a bunch of grinding out math. It was pretty high PO stepping into TO. I could have gone more I win likely easier than what I did but wanted to actually have to make a few rolls and go for it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

9. - Top - End - #9

A level 2 Illumian Artificer persisting Personal Weapon Augmentation on a Colossal Weapon to give it the Flying property, turning it into a Colossal Animated Object.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Efrate View Post
    I made a dmm cleric chosen of kord that persisted like 50 different spells without nightsticks and had 10 or 12 more available as needed who gished up like mad.
    How the heck did you manage that without nightsticks?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I had a Human support Gish that ended up outperforming the entire party (when she needed to) she's a sort of tribute to my sister; who never had a chance to experience life; problem is almost half of my feats were the celestial heritage feats for flavor instead of power ( I still found ways to turn them to my advantage)

Her Cohort was an Aasimar demon hunting ranger with solitary Hunter and moon warded substitution levels and a tribute to my cousin; she kicked almost as much butt despite being three levels behind the party

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

For a character's power relative to their level, a level 7 gestalt cleric/soulbow using symbiote template things (intensified awakened dream blossom swarm) and stat replacers to run up most of her stats closer to a level 20 character.

For a character's overall power, a level 30 tristalt psion/gramarist/templates with full manifesting, time stopping, effectively infinite resources, and a massive magitech industrial base with an entire fleet of starships capable of going anywhere.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I played in a 3.P RAW campaign. We used pathfinders skill system and feat gain. It was a 3.5 Changeling with Racial Emulation and Dragonwrought. Dragonspawn (white), Spellhoarding, and Riddled templates. Loredrake and Greater Draconic Rite of Passage. Sorcerer 1/Wizard 1/Paragnostic Apostle 1/Mindbender 1/Shadowcraft Mage 3/Incantatrix 3

10th level character casting as a 14th level character with infinite Miracles and tons of persistent spells. Nigh unkillable and broke AF. The goal was to create Priya and the Killer Gnome all at earlier levels.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DM used the Legends & Lairs Monster's Handbook and had a house rule that wildshape was CR-4 compared to your usual level HD. I happened to be playing a Divine Minion/Master of Many forms that stacked wildshape so I was basically level +8 CR. The Monster Handbook let you custom design lots of abilities for added CR, but the best was probably +1 bonus feat for +0.25 CR increase. I worked my 12 forms I would use so they all ended up with the exact same stats using that book for easy book keeping.

Most legit character maybe was Bard 4/ Cleric 1/ Eldrich master 5/Sublime Chord 9/ Eldrich Master 1. Not the most optimized, but I had a Cha score over 70 with Bard/Cleric/Sorc spell lists. The 10th level spell slot was nice too. Played him up to level 25, which was fun the Epic Destiny Artificer. Bounce all those pesky Disjunction's back at the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    How the heck did you manage that without nightsticks?
    50 seems like alot if all DMM'd. I usually use the Spelldancer PrC which results in me have 50+ spells stacked on as well. I don't even mind a fighter dip (pugilist varient from dragon magazine) to get endurance and a bonus fighter feat (Dodge) just to lighten the entry requirements. But I sometimes throw a little deoptimization to tone down my builds.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Warning: This was my first time even using metamagic. I didn't know that metamagic spell level adjustments don't adjust the actual spell level, just the slot it takes.

I played a level 18 half orc wizard/Force Missile Magic who only knew one spell: Magic Missile. But, I took every valid metamagic, and had graphs and diagrams for when to use each combination of Meta-Magic Missile, and I was doing upwards of 2,000 damage per round, repeating next round on the same cast. And of course, I took everything to support all the metamagics I could, including that feat that gives -1 spell level adjustment for all metamagic applied to a single spell (this case: Magic Missile).

Now, in my defense, the rest of the group were epic level demigods with equipment. My guy had a peasant half-orc in a loin cloth at level 18. I wouldn't have gone for such overkill in an other situation. (Even disregarding my misunderstanding of the spell slot rules.)
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2019-05-20 at 10:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

25 a day, extended ofc, 5 or 6 turning pools and silly charisma whilst prebuffing to buff, some reducers and i did use some of my higher slots. I wish i had the sheet still. I think 40ish charisma and 2 extra turnings netted me about 130 or so turning attempts a day? I janked myself into bunches of domains for extra turn pools. It was like CC 5 and a bunch of prc dips that granted domains. I had most phb buffs active at all times including shapechange, and the spell storing spikes from one of the FR books loaded with every version of dispel and disjunct so I had like 5 layers of buff protection.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

I had a character with NI to most stats.

I had ~5 or so builds that could get off 100+ attacks.

I had 1 character who could make an infinite number of attacks.

I had a character who was immune to damage, and magic, and several more things, too.

I had NI spells of NI level at NI DC.

I had Simulacra of epic Illithid Savants.

I had "no save, just die".

I had several brands of "fully operational in antimagic".

I had several varieties of "I brought them", from Illithid Savant eating Thrullherders for free replenishing snacking, to a flying dragon-shaped castle.

And I actually ran most of those.

18. - Top - End - #18

I had a Cloistered Cleric 3/Paladin Of Freedom(Mystic Fire Knight) 4/Knight of the Weave 1/Bard 1/Duskblade 1/Warlock 1/Jester 1/Wu Jen 1/Spellthief 1/Beguiler 1/Warmage 1/Generic Spellcaster 1/Sha-ir 1/Wizard 1/Magewright 1//Sorcerer 4/Geomancer 10/Shadowcraft mage 5/Loremaster 1

The point of all that was that I could use Knight of the Weave and Master Spellthief to get a crazy-high CL, then Mystic Fire Knight to make that even higher, then Geomancer to apply that to Sorcerer spells, then Shadowcraft Miracles and DMM Persist(used through Geomancer) for absurd buffing and casting off every list.

I think I might have fit in Battle Blessing to quicken everything too.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

25 a day, extended ofc, 5 or 6 turning pools and silly charisma whilst prebuffing to buff, some reducers and i did use some of my higher slots. I wish i had the sheet still. I think 40ish charisma and 2 extra turnings netted me about 130 or so turning attempts a day? I janked myself into bunches of domains for extra turn pools. It was like CC 5 and a bunch of prc dips that granted domains. I had most phb buffs active at all times including shapechange, and the spell storing spikes from one of the FR books loaded with every version of dispel and disjunct so I had like 5 layers of buff protection.
    House rules on turning pools? The only ones I know that you can legally use on DMM are Turn Undead, Rebuke Undead, Turn Energy (Races of the Dragon), Channel Incarnum (Magic of Incarnum), and Destroy Undead (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft). The last three only work because they specifically work for feats and abilities that require turn/rebuke undead (which DMM specifically states is required, although some other divine feats do not specify). Turn plant, spiders, elemental, etc. do not work. Only asking just in case I missed something.

One of my two listed builds was using house rules and third party, so that certainly does happen.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I once had an Epic game, where my character ended up with Wish, Miracle, and Time Stop as at-wills via Innate Spell... along with several metamagic'd versions of same. Which meant I could persist any spells I wanted below 7th level, plus any Wizard or Cleric spells of 8th level. All of them. At the same time (XP components were replaced with GP components, and Ignore Material Components partially applied).
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

21. - Top - End - #21

DM ruled that since turn air creatures etc. work 'as turn undead' they were able to be thrown into DMM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Not exactly broken, but I played a very powerful spellcaster in a Gestalt game. She was an Elven Wizard 3/War Weaver 5 // Archivist 8

Individually, she was just an average caster, but with the party she was able to turn them in to killing machines. With correctly chosen buffs from both the arcane and divine options I could make sure that the enemies attacks were practically rendered useless and ours were ridiculously powerful.

It also made in combat healing an actual option as a single spell effected the whole party. By level 11, I was using Sanctum Spell shenanigans to drop Heal on the entire party if we were ever in real trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    A guy going by a forum moniker starting with "Darth" asks what amounts to...

"Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

My current character in one of my DM's Pathfinder/3.5e campaigns is the most powerful i've ever made. I have yet to go "full power" and warned the DM that i'm stronger than he realizes and will stop holding back if he throws a BS enemy at us. He OKed the concept and classes i told him about but I never gave him end result numbers (not out of malice, i simply didn't do all the number until after).

Not going to get into detail, but this DM made some houserules that i complained about in the "worst houserules" thread. A few need some tweaking to be actually good. The others mostly work exponentially in my favor.

Currently lvl 12, quadstalt (yup that happened). My character is, first and foremost an eccentric artificer; he makes the party items and all his own equipment, but in combat he fights like One Punch Man because of the pummeling Style feat chain and the ubercharge-lite chassis i set up. Physical damage is like 6.5k-ish dpr, only because his houserules actually gave me less attacks per round (would have been well over 15k dpr but if we go Mythic it could be like 100k). My to hit with attacks is WAAAAY more than the AC of any enemy we've encountered and my AC is beyond what they can hit. AND when physical damage won't cut it, his houserule system allows me access to virtually ANY spell.

Like i said, i've been going kind of easy on him. I usually tell the enemies to back down and leave their gear behind (which fails because i don't have intimidate), let them do their thing, watch it fail to do anything to me, I exclaim "neat!", then start deleting limbs until they give up or the party kills them. I haven't one-shot anything (significant) because i don't want it to escalate and make things hard for the rest of the party.
    Last edited by Ken Murikumo; 2019-05-21 at 08:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

made for a cheese grinder that allowed any paizo material with no using craft reduction for items (but could craft) and no infinite loops. I discussed with the dms about using and abusing the hell out of the broken(as in non working without help and op) as all nine hells feat "brew flesh craft poison". Notiable things it could do was fire disintegrate over a 3rd of the distance from the earth to the moon. Split into over a trillion copies of itself in the span of 5 mins, I couldn't figure out a way to harm it. And other just insane things. Never got to sit down and play with it though. It was a lvl 11 grinder that the furthest a group got was like 8 rooms out of 50. My character solo'd just by explaining what it could do.
    Last edited by Oberron; 2019-05-21 at 09:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

DM ruled that since turn air creatures etc. work 'as turn undead' they were able to be thrown into DMM.
    Ah I see, never heard of a DM allowing those to be used with DMM, that makes sense now.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    Ah I see, never heard of a DM allowing those to be used with DMM, that makes sense now.
    I let alternate turnings work for DMM at my table, but I don't let you have separate pools.

If you have 4 levels in classA with TurnUndead, and 3 levels in classB with TurnOrcs, you turn either as a 7th level guy. But you only have one pool of 3+cha(+feats/nightsticks/etc) to use for either (or DMM)
    Synergy comes from the appropriate Knowledge skill for the creature you are turning, so the +2 bonus comes and goes.

There's probably a different exploit/TO you can find for that method, but my players haven't found it.
    Last edited by Elkad; 2019-05-21 at 08:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elkad View Post
    I let alternate turnings work for DMM at my table, but I don't let you have separate pools.

If you have 4 levels in classA with TurnUndead, and 3 levels in classB with TurnOrcs, you turn either as a 7th level guy. But you only have one pool of 3+cha(+feats/nightsticks/etc) to use for either (or DMM)
    Synergy comes from the appropriate Knowledge skill for the creature you are turning, so the +2 bonus comes and goes.

There's probably a different exploit/TO you can find for that method, but my players haven't found it.
    What do you do with a Cleric with two domains that grant alternate forms of turning (elemental domains, say, or the Warforged domain)? Do you do three pools, or does this Cleric-10 now Rebuke as a Cleric-30?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    What do you do with a Cleric with two domains that grant alternate forms of turning (elemental domains, say, or the Warforged domain)? Do you do three pools, or does this Cleric-10 now Rebuke as a Cleric-30?
    Neither. 2 domains just adds to what he can turn. He doesn't get any more attempts in his pool. And he's still a Cleric10 and turns as one.
    If he has multiple classes with turning, then the class levels would be additive. But I don't add for each creature type.
    Last edited by Elkad; 2019-05-21 at 10:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

A Saint Half-Fey Feytouched Stalker of Kharash with a metric ton of base and PrC levels in all sorts of different things designed to max out 3 things: immunities, saves and DPS against Evil aligned creatures. Lots of ranged attacks by dual wielding double hand-crossbows with FE bonuses in the 30s added to both hit and attack and most saves, as well as ungodly Cha bonuses added to just about everything. Plus a good stock on re-rolls on auto-fails, and a metric load of broken utility abilities. At ECL 12.

The character is now semi-retired existing only to be brought in for high level one-shot campaigns in the setting. As in, for 1v1-ing Elder Evils if they show up, or breaking Levistus out of his icy prison. He essentially exists as a paragon of mortal power, able to contend with demon lords and evil deities without stepping into their realm, consciously avoiding ascension to demi-Godhood as to remain unbound by divine compacts.

He is dubbed St. Guide, redeemer and destroyer, pawn and messiah (as a nod to the LoK series).
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Ugh. For the record, I hate you. I hate you very much.
    The Voidstone Arsenal

The Redeemery

Feat-buying resource

Magical Plants and Where to Find Them

Floating Disk Utility

Taking 10 resource

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

Thangrin. The 'Earthquake', a homebrew class that's really good at breaking stuff.

DM even let me use a Homebrew Monkey Grip that scaled with my BAB and let me do things like throw objects up to my medium weight - and made my carrying capacity several times base.

We were only... Level 8 or so, at the time, I believe. Nonetheless, I fought an army by throwing boulders at them, used trees as javelins, killed a farmer with the cornerpost of his own house, broke down a door using a Gnoll as a battering ram (He laughed at me. Or at least, it sounded like laughing. Damn Hyenas.) and then made pigs in a blanket. By knocking out the pigs of the farmer I'd killed with his own house, wrapping them in a blanket, and then, even at medium encumbrance, running nearly an entire day's travel back to our base with a wagonload of goods on my back, and still got back in time for dinner.

I took feats like Imp. Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Endurance, Campaigner (What a neat feat it is, too) and Run. He was a fairly silly concept, and wasn't so much mechanically broken as conceptually; there were very few situations he couldn't navigate in everyday play just using strength, a mean cunning, and a willingness to throw pieces of buildings at people.

Those were good times.