Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

Well, I can't find any PrCs that quite feel right for my character, so short of making my own PrC for this game - if the Admin would even allow that - I think I'm out of luck, and might just take Sorcerer in the place of those levels that got freed up.

I think part of my problem is that, as much as I dislike them, prepared casters fit my concept better.

I guess I could ask if that's a thing I could do? I've already done it with a base class before, so it's not like I haven't already crossed that line
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-30 at 08:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

Question.

This is a fragment of the 3.5 feature, Words of Creation

The Words of Creation doubles the effect of several bardic music abilities:
    Inspire Courage: Double the morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear and the morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls
    However. The Pathfinder update changed the bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls offered from Inspire Courage to now grant people a Competence bonus instead.

Is it acceptable to have Words of Creation still double the bonus granted by Inspire Courage, despite the change in bonus type?

Also, is the Radiance House's Pact Magic allowed? Its basically Pathfinder version of the 3.5 Binder class, with achetypes to allow other classes to potentially Bind spirits as well. Such as the Bard having Soul Muse. What about the Moso? (I'm most interested in playing a Blind Character with effectively 40ft Blindsight)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Are all of these things allowed? If so, is High Psionics in play?
    Yes. High Psionics is in place.
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-30 at 05:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Well, I nerfed him as much as I could. Which means I got rid of sap master and sap adept. Anyways, here's my first submission.

Spoiler: Rank 20 NA
    Show
    What's up-What's up-WHAT'S UPPP! It's me, it's ya boi! It is EX-ZERATUL-EX! It's time to cross out those bad hours because I'm back. And you know what that means, it means the X's are silent.

Spoiler: Story: Stream begins in 3...2...1...
    Show
    Wyatt leaned back in the chair. His trademark goofy grin stretching from ear to ear. "As you know we got the most recent patch noes for DoA! It looks like the dreaded nerf bat is finally on the way in. You knew this was coming, looks like there's no more non lethal sneak attack in our future. But we shall strive on!"

A soft bling in his left ear had just alerted him to another subscriber. The twentieth of the day. Without missing a beat Wyatt shifted to thanking the man who'd just sent him two dollars in HueBits. "Thank you so much for the subscription Swolezilla925 and welcome to the X'er battalion. But yeah! We're going to keep on pushing. Going to try and break that three-K rating today and try and earn that weapon before the reset. We'll be here all day comin' at you strong with that Pee-Vee-Pee Action that I know y'all love so much, and oooh!" If it were possible Wyatt's grin stretched even wider. "We have just hit ten thousand concurrent viewers in todays stream and it's only been ten minutes. Oh baby why you gotta treat me so nice!"

Wyatt reached for the controls of the stream deck pressing the five second counter that would activate the split screen between his over the shoulder camera as well as his point of view and then settled the goggles of his gear over his face. "It's that time folks, see you in Dragons of Alnia!" He hit the engage button and everything went dark.

XzeratulX blinked his eyes as his sight came back to him. As was his habit he checked for the stream details. Oh no! The window wasn't visible, shoot, that usually meant the stream had crashed. HueTube was going to get another angry email in a few minutes, they really ought to treat their partners better.

"Ok, sorry folks, looks like I gotta reset the stream." XzeratulX closed his eyes and keyed the passphrase that would log out of the gear.

Nothing happened.

That was not the strangest thing that happened that day. By a long shot.

Spoiler: Background and Mechanics
    Show

XzeratulX the Contender. Former Streamer

A man from Denver Colorado now embodied in the avatar of a highly min maxed Catfolk assassin. Wyatt Thirsk was a mildly popular streamer on HueTube, wowing audiences with his pvp skill and hyping up the upcoming VR game Dragons of Alnia.

Unfortunately he did not watch enough Isekai anime to have a really good idea of what is going on. He's mildly frustrated that a lot of npc's seem to think he's the devil incarnated into a murderous cat. But much like Momonga from Overlord a lot of his actions are being proscribed by his character's alignment.

His goals are two fold, first, figure out how to convert to good while fighting the "natural" instincts of the deadly XzeratulX while also figuring out how to get home. He had a pretty sweet life playing video games and the games have just gotten too real.

Maybe he'll take up gardening.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Mmmm....
    Ooohhhh...

Dox dragged me here, but now not only do I have to come up with the character, I have to pick back up my other game cuz it's ongoing and has the same theme....

T.T

Blame dox, all his fault

...and don't try weaseling out halfway again like you have been for the better part of the last decade dox.

Morc, what kinda post frequency do you need? Also remind me when recruitment's closed, I haven't read the whole thread yet...
    Last edited by drack; 2019-05-30 at 05:41 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Player Character Sheet Completion Status
    Drako_Beoulve Astrid Lightbringer WIP
    Anti-Eagle Armand Uncarnate WIP
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke Naomi Complete
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    Aegis013 Aegis - aka "Sir Smite-a-Lot" Done pending approval
    RoTWS
    Lix Lorn Elixia dis gonn take a while
    JNAProductions No name yet WIP
    Warlawk
    greenpotato Lord Bison WIP
    Quantumphear
    Stevesciguy Zak Firebrand WIP
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth
    Epinephrine_Syn Rachel WIP

well I think Naomi is completed...

6. - Top - End - #216

Default 5 Table Update

Spoiler: Profile Pic
    Show

Spoiler: Table Updates
    Show
    Anti-Eagle Armand Eight-Blades - Submission/Info Post Complete pending lore change and approval...
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke Naomi Complete
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    RoTWS
    Warlawk
    Quantumphear
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth

Just realizing I didn't update this for mine. I may tinker a bit while I wait but it will be in the writing department and note refinements... His mechanics should be done.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-06-13 at 03:38 PM.
    Ascendancy [Mythopoeia, Only Ruins, 1900, Forum, Tumblr, and Discord]
    Characters [Armand Eight-Blades]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thank you Morcleon for those rulings and LA assisnments. I'll be taking Ravener, since it fits so well with the concept.

And without further ado, may i present a returning character that is absolutely a complete expy and self-insert...

Spoiler: Myrsirim - Picture
    Show

Spoiler: Myrsirim - Character sheet
    Show

Character isnt completely done, but it'll just be picking spells, maneuvers and the last few feats.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

8. - Top - End - #218

@Admin
    Requesting the Kung Fu Genius feat to apply to the Sage Spheres class which is very monk-like including the ability to select monk Ki Powers.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2019-06-01 at 06:38 AM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

Experiencing some severe flare up of health issues. Posting status could be slowed is heavily affected

9. - Top - End - #219

While I need to devise the specifics, I do have a couple character ideas... If I can get anything done before the game starts, haha.

REQUESTS:
    * Either version of Forrestfire Studio's Spellburst Savant ( https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3lfQThtVDRkMU0 )
    * My Frost-Pack Warlock archetype, and with it T.G. Oskar's Warlock which it depends on ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Warlock-PEACH) )
    * An LA for Succubus (and whether you want the 3.5 or PF one to be the basis for stats)

Which ones are accepted will influence which idea I go for. Thank you for your time organizing this!
    Last edited by NekoIncardine; 2019-05-31 at 12:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

General rules question:

If I have a way to treat a one handed weapon as a light weapon for the purposes of two Weapon fighting, such as with prodigious two weapon fighting feat, do you add half strength to those attacks, or full strength? And how does it work with power attack?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

I hate the Aegis capstone, Perfect Merger. It's pretty much just a once per day full heal for me, but I really shouldn't need much of that. Luckily, Paizo just came out with a new book, Chronicle of Legends, that gives every (first party) class an "alternate capstone" (even Wizard and Cleric, who don't have capstones normally) as well as a number of capstones available to anyone (or anyone who meets the prerequisites).

Could I replace Perfect Merger with one of these alternate capstones? Specifically, the one I was interested in was this one:

Perfect Body, Flawless Mind (Ex): At 20th level, the
    character’s endless training and study has resulted in an
    unmatched mastery of the self. The character increases her
    ability scores by a collective total of 8. For example, she can
    increase one score by 8, or one score by 5 and another by 3,
    or four scores by 2, and so on. Characters of any class can
    select this ability
    A friend showed me this book only today, so I can understand if you don't have it. I'm willing on sharing it, though I downloaded it through discord, not through dropbox or anything, so I can't just post a link.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-05-30 at 08:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    General rules question:

If I have a way to treat a one handed weapon as a light weapon for the purposes of two Weapon fighting, such as with prodigious two weapon fighting feat, do you add half strength to those attacks, or full strength? And how does it work with power attack?
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...fortless-lace/

You add your strength as per the rules to two weapon fighting. You only add 1.5 times strength if you are wielding the weapon in two hands. You’d need double slice to add your full str to offhand attacks.
    Last edited by Denomar; 2019-05-30 at 08:38 PM.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    General rules question:

Off hand doesn't normally care what type of weapon it is, if it's an off hand attack it gets 1/2 str. Double Slice increases that to full though. Power attack does specify by weapon type, not by Main hand/Off hand so I'll leave that clarification to our Admin.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

Experiencing some severe flare up of health issues. Posting status could be slowed is heavily affected

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...fortless-lace/

You add your strength as per the rules to two weapon fighting. You only add 1.5 times strength if you are wielding the weapon in two hands. You’d need double slice to add your full str to offhand attacks.
    I'm... confused. Why are you talking about 1.5 times strength, and what's with the magic item?

15. - Top - End - #225

Hmmm, pondering a submission for this.

@Admin-

Would the following class mods be approved, if half the progression was removed?

Scion of Ashardalon
    Scion of the Ur-Dragon
    Midnight Occultist
    Dracarnum Savant
    Soulfused Transcendant

And the following bloodline mod?

VoidSouled Bloodline

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    Well I don't know. I haven't played too many mmo's are rpg's in general that has you actually be a ghost. I don't understand why it would be a thing in this vr game that is immersing you into the game experience. I could see gain some ghost like abilities but just being a spooky ghost the whole time? Sounds more like a bad glitch.
    It is a thing, you just have to go looking. There were also some mainstream things that were very similar, such as Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Also: It is an option as a class capstone in a vanilla Pathfinder game. See the Occult Oracle mystery. If I didn't find the Illusion(Shadow) spells so tasty, I'd have six free levels in my build for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Note: While you may take classes that progress the same casting class simultaneous (eg, Wizard//Archmage), note that spellcasting level (and similar like manifester level and initiator level) has a hard cap at your Hit Dice.
    Just to clarify: Does this also mean that Orange Prism Ioun Stones, the Bead of Karma on a Strand of Prayer Beads, the Archmage Spell Power option, Voidkin, and all similar things only help casters with less than full caster level (whether half-casters, such as the Ranger, Paladin, and Hexblade, or folks who took dips in things that slow caster progression)?

Able Learner allows you to treat all skills as class skills (thus granting a +3 bonus on a skill when trained).

Trompe L'oeil: +3 (The enhancement bonus for equipment will only apply to one item, allowing you to have a single item at +5, though all of the painted equipment will still be masterwork)

3.5e templates with published LAs do use those.

You may intentionally craft cursed items.
    Thanks; although I'm down to using just a single template... changed my mind about how much optimization I wanted to use. One template, three base classes, one PrC.
    Shades does contain an error and should specify that it only mimics summoning and creation spells.

Animal Ally does qualify as a class feature.

Arcane Enlightenment has no effect on Oracle as Oracle does not prepare spells.

Any penalty-type class features from archetypes are automatically applied if any part of that archetype is used.

The Shadow Necromancy and Shadow Structure spell lines are approved!

Shadow Field is not approved.

Voidkin is approved.
    Cool... can I get around the Arcane Enlightenment problem via Arcane Preparation (Complete Arcane page 73; requires spontaneous arcane casting to qualify, but just uses "your spell slots" in the benefits text)?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Hot, gonna go Evangelist of Torag while I have the item crafting feats I don't use at first and Vine Leshy Mutant (was a dwarf before the update, ended up glitching something fierce due to logging out in the middle of the swamp, decided it was a feature and not a bug). Will do a more proper update...tonight honestly.

For Mutant:
    Boons: Celerity, Sealed Mind, Telepathy, SLA: Mirror Image, Dominate Person, Charm Monster.
    Deformities: Fractured Mind, Poor Ability (Charisma).
    Total Modifiers:
    -2 Strength, +0 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, -4 Charisma.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-05-30 at 10:09 PM.
    I done got my kids for the summer (until the end of July). Posting will happen when I have them successfully distracted with screens while at home (or maybe the two days I work).

Your understanding is appreciated.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    I have to pick back up my other game cuz it's ongoing and has the same theme....
    Note that you're probably a couple pages behind in the Blue Rose Society thread.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

19. - Top - End - #229

Default Re: Table Update

Ok, I've still got some mechanical work to be done (Feats, maneuvers, sphere talents and the like) but the class chassis and such is finished enough to post up.

Spoiler: Jorge Background
    Show

Jorge's mother is a second generation immigrant of farm laborers from Mexico who settled in the farms and orchards of central Washington. Lucielia married Tyler Miller, the owner of several local orchards and specialty farms. Jorge is an only child with debilitating allergies to nearly everything in the natural world. Growing up in a region known for farming and school sports this left him isolated and friendless.

As he grew Jorge became enamored with the emo, goth and death metal culture but his mother would have none of it, fearing the chemicals in cosmetics and dyes would harm her precious child. Overprotective in every sense except herself she thoroughly paddled Jorge with her sandal when he snuck some black nail polish into the house. With few prospects for living his dream of being Hardcore, no talent for sports of even capability to remain healthy while being outdoors for extended periods of time he retreated to online gaming.

With his many health concerns he completed high school online from home. Smart enough to zip through the scholastic content with little effort, he was able to devote entirely unhealthy amounts of time to gaming. He has considered streaming many times, but can never bring himself to go through with it 'Maybe if I was Hardcore I could do it, but no one wants to watch a pudgy half Mexican!' Instead he began creating content for his own gaming blog. Maps, guides, strategies, mods and other content released by text so that no one can see how un-Hardcore he actually is.

Jorge was able to make enough with his content creation to keep his rig up to date and when Dragons of Alnia started up their first Closed Beta he was there from the second the servers came online. Now finished with school and having no interests or ambitions beyond playing games he was the first to provide non-video format content for DoA. Video guides are great, but sometimes a picture (or a map!) is worth a thousand words.

Spoiler: Oblivion
    Show

Oblivion is so edgy he has to be careful not to cut himself when he looks in the mirror. If it's in the game, he's done it and was probably one of the first. He has combined the versatility of the Sage chassis with the Harbringer and became even MOAR HARDCORE!!!! with the addition of the newly released Eclipse class and third parallel class track! This will take Oblivion to previously unreachable levels of badassdom on his quest to be the darkest Shadow Lord to ever save the miserable peasants of Alnia!

20 Eclipse / 10 Harbinger, Sage 10 Trinity Knight and Angel, Level 20, Init 5, HP / , DR 5/-, Speed 50
    AC 30, Touch 20, Flat-footed 25, CMD 47, Fort 17, Ref 17, Will 18, CMB +27, Base Attack Bonus 15
    (+10 Armor, +5 Dex, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 34, Dex 21, Con 21, Int 23, Wis 23, Cha 19
    Condition None

Updated picture to reflect some build changes taking him away from the bulky high str type.

Spoiler: Character Submission Table
    Show

Anti-Eagle Armand Uncarnate Complete pending lore change and approval...
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke Naomi Complete
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    RoTWS
    Warlawk Oblivion/Jorge WIP
    Quantumphear
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2019-06-01 at 10:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Just to clarify: Does this also mean that Orange Prism Ioun Stones, the Bead of Karma on a Strand of Prayer Beads, the Archmage Spell Power option, Voidkin, and all similar things only help casters with less than full caster level (whether half-casters, such as the Ranger, Paladin, and Hexblade, or folks who took dips in things that slow caster progression)?
    I can't be sure without messaging the dev team, but I'm 99% sure that this is referring to spellcaster level, not caster level. IE, if you are a sorcerer 20//bard 10/archmage 10, if you apply the archmage casting to your sorcerer levels (which you Can Do!) you still only have spells known/per day as a 20th level caster.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

So about variant multiclassing.

The wizard, I assume does not gain the ability to cast arcane scrolls. Let me know if I am wrong there.

More importantly they select a scroll, can I pick a sub school like Foresight or an elemental school like air?
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there a feat, homebrew or otherwise, that allows you to combine your familiar with your animal companion? I am strongly considering making a more caster based character and mixing it with harbinger.

23. - Top - End - #233

Luckily, Paizo just came out with a new book, Chronicle of Legends, that gives every (first party) class an "alternate capstone" (even Wizard and Cleric, who don't have capstones normally) as well as a number of capstones available to anyone (or anyone who meets the prerequisites).

I'm willing on sharing it, though I downloaded it through discord, not through dropbox or anything, so I can't just post a link.
    Oh really? I must admit that catches my interest, is thercany chance I might be able to a look? Especially as some of the capstones I'm looking at aren't too interesting either, and I wouldn't mind more variety and flexibility in my choices.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    Oh really? I must admit that catches my interest, is thercany chance I might be able to a look? Especially as some of the capstones I'm looking at aren't too interesting either, and I wouldn't mind more variety and flexibility in my choices.
    That makes two of a kind.

I hate the Aegis capstone, Perfect Merger. It's pretty much just a once per day full heal for me, but I really shouldn't need much of that. Luckily, Paizo just came out with a new book, Chronicle of Legends, that gives every (first party) class an "alternate capstone" (even Wizard and Cleric, who don't have capstones normally) as well as a number of capstones available to anyone (or anyone who meets the prerequisites).

Could I replace Perfect Merger with one of these alternate capstones? Specifically, the one I was interested in was this one:

Perfect Body, Flawless Mind (Ex): At 20th level, the
    character’s endless training and study has resulted in an
    unmatched mastery of the self. The character increases her
    ability scores by a collective total of 8. For example, she can
    increase one score by 8, or one score by 5 and another by 3,
    or four scores by 2, and so on. Characters of any class can
    select this ability
    A friend showed me this book only today, so I can understand if you don't have it. I'm willing on sharing it, though I downloaded it through discord, not through dropbox or anything, so I can't just post a link.
    I would love to get rid of my very bad capstone for Zealot. I think I will just stick with this build for the most part. I think I let myself get swept up in something that wasn't my focus to begin with. Just need to remember that I am a healer and buffer first. From what it looks like no one is going to miss me not allowing them to do more damage.

That being said, @Morcleon the Zealot gets an ability at 4th level and 8th level called Mission

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-...lasses/zealot/

Could I take say, the Living Bastion ability from the Protection mission at level 4 and then take Storm of Steel ability from the destruction mission at level 8?

I want to protec, but also atac

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    I think I will just stick with this build for the most part. I think I let myself get swept up in something that wasn't my focus to begin with. Just need to remember that I am a healer and buffer first. From what it looks like no one is going to miss me not allowing them to do more damage.
    Yeah, same.

Need to remember that this is a pretty low OP Tristalt game, so an Occultist Arcanist using all of the tricks and metamagic shenanigans a summoner can use, isn't the best of plans.

Best to simply focus on buffing and battlefield manipulation. I'll leave the healing to others, though I might still pick up an ability or two to help out. We'll see.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Non specific class capstones are as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle of Legends
    OTHER CAPSTONES
    The following capstone abilities are for characters who meet the specifications listed in the text for each.

Arch-Familiar (Su): At 20th level, the character’s familiar is smarter and savvier than plenty of adventurers—and also more dangerous! The familiar’s Intelligence increases by 5, and it gains 12 spells levels’ worth of spell-like abilities (for example, three daily castings of greater invisibility), drawn from spells its master can cast and using its master’s caster levels, DCs, and so forth. This capstone is available to any class with a familiar.

The Boss (Ex): At 20th level, the character has becomemore than just a lone hero—she has become one of the senior figures of her field, with powers and responsibilities to match. The character becomes one of the leading figures in some manner of group or organization, as appropriate to the campaign and the setting. A wizard might become the dean of an arcane university or mages’ guild, a fighter could command a mercenary army or a city guard, a cleric might lead a major temple or her own sect, and so forth. The player and the GM should work together to determine the specifics. The character gains the Leadership feat if she does not already have it, and the number of followers that the feat grants is multiplied by 10 (although depending on the campaign and setting, the position may grant other powers as well). If multiple characters in a party select this capstone, the GM may consider pooling them to grant the players a particularly large and powerful organization, such as a small kingdom. Characters of any class can select this ability.

Deep Magics (Su): At 20th level, the character’s repertoire of spells deepens dramatically. She gains an additional spell known for each spell level she can cast. A character of any class with spells known can select this capstone.

Great Beast (Su): At 20th level, the character’s animal companion is a paragon of its kind—a hero and legend in its own right. The animal companion’s Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Wisdom scores each increase by 4. This capstone is available to any class with an animal companion.

Ki Sage (Su): At 20th level, the character is fully attuned to his own body and the ki that flows within. The character gains two ki powers from those available to the unchained monk, treating his character level as his monk level for the purpose of any requirements. In addition, his ki pool increases by four. This capstone is available to any class with a ki pool.

Old Dog, New Tricks (Ex): At 20th level, the character shows that a true warrior always has one more surprise the enemy hasn’t seen. The character gains four combat feats. This capstone is available to characters of any class that gains at least four bonus combat feats.

Perfect Body, Flawless Mind (Ex): At 20th level, the character’s endless training and study has resulted in an unmatched mastery of the self. The character increases her ability scores by a collective total of 8. For example, she can increase one score by 8, or one score by 5 and another by 3, or four scores by 2, and so on. Characters of any class can select this ability.

The Right Spot (Ex): At 20th level, the character can hit an opponent’s weak spot effortlessly. Once per round, the character can apply her sneak attack damage to an attack, even if the target is not flanked or denied its Dexterity bonus to AC. This does not allow the character to sneak attack targets that are immune to sneak attacks (such as oozes). This capstone is available for any class with the sneak attack class feature.

Soul Channel (Su): At 20th level, the character can channel energy six additional times per day, and her channel energy dice increase by one step. This capstone is available to characters with the channel energy class feature.

Walking Library (Ex): At 20th level, the character becomes a small, mobile athenaeum of occult scraps and lore. The character adds 100 spell levels’ worth of spells to his spellbook or familiar and gains a +4 insight bonus on all Knowledge skills. Characters of any class that prepares spells from a spellbook or familiar can select this ability.

With This Sword (Ex): At 20th level, the character’s blade has become as well-known as the character herself. The character selects one item she has—preferably something iconic and significant, such as a weapon or arcane bond. The item becomes a minor artifact and gains 100,000 gp worth of new powers. The player and the GM should work together to select the new powers, with an eye towards making something memorable yet campaign-appropriate. Characters of any class can select this ability.

Won’t Stay Dead (Ex): At 20th level, the character becomes a paragon of resilience. Once per week, if the character is killed, petrified, or otherwise removed from play, the character manages to survive by some dint of skill or luck and returns at the end of the combat or the scene (GM’s discretion). The player and the GM should work together to ensure that the method of the character’s survival is at least vaguely plausible, if unlikely. Characters of any class can select this ability.
    If anybody wants to see the class specific alternate capstones, just let me know which class you're interested in. Again though, only the 1st party Paizo classes have alternate capstones.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll update the table in a few as well but for now:

Link: The Best Chef Ever

Build: Alchemist 20
    Blacksmith 5 / Gourmend 1 / Great Mind 5 / Blacksmith 5 / Mutant 4
    Gourmend 5 / Evangelist 10 / Gourmend 5

Spoiler: Character Submission Table
    Show

Anti-Eagle Armand Uncarnate Complete pending lore change and approval...
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven The Best Chef Ever WIP
    samduke Naomi Complete
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    RoTWS
    Warlawk Oblivion/Jorge WIP
    Quantumphear
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-05-31 at 10:37 AM.
    I done got my kids for the summer (until the end of July). Posting will happen when I have them successfully distracted with screens while at home (or maybe the two days I work).

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

I would personally like to give chronicles of legends a read.

For what is worth "with this sword" would be a very nice capstone for soulknife / aegis if applied to mindblade / astral suit.
    Last edited by thethird; 2019-05-31 at 07:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Those are pretty great.

Was looking for some other powers to use to buff the party and had a look at energy missile.

So you could take a single tracked psion9/harbinger1/awakened blade 10

Orange prism ion stone and practiced manifest to bring your Manifester level to 20.

Practiced initiator to bring your Initiator level to 17

step 1: Use the Aura of Shared Misery stance. Swift action to claim, using grasp of darkness feat and malevolence feat. All four Balor's are cursed.

step 2: Take twinned power and overchannel energy missile while expending your focus. Make sure you use sonic damage.

step 3: Repeat step 2. You can do this since awakened blade gives you deep focus for a second psionic focus. Or you can use psicrystal containment. Edit: I forgot, USE RIVEN HOURGLASS

It doesn't look to be the same crazy damage people stated before. But it is certainly enough to take care of even as much as FIVE Balor Lord's. They should probably invest in some ear muffs.

edit: I am so using this in a game. Even at lower levels it is just yikes.
    Last edited by Scarlet Thirst; 2019-05-31 at 08:35 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Say, Admin, would there be a chance for me to get rid of the features of Blacksmith that don't apply to Iron Chef (Thunderous Blows, Skilled Craftsman, Artisan Savant, Reforge) and get something more suitable for a chef?

At the moment I don't have any real ideas beyond maybe some things from Scholar (I like the idea of Slime Savant if only because I like the picture of treating oozes and plants like they're my pets) but it may be more fitting to just reflavor things (Skilled Craftsman does Profession (Chef) for making magical potions and restores hit points to plants/oozes instead of objects, Artisan Savant grants Brew Potions and Craft Oozes, Reforge lets me ritual stuff for plants/oozes). If you're okay with it then I can try and come up with something more fitting.

General Theme with my menus is gonna be meats, fungi, and booze. General Temptation will be an American Dad that just talks about grilling all the time.