The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Do I "win" by pointing out that I've found a way to make nine character sheets for one game?

I am definitely losing. This is losing. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have SO MUCH TO DO
    O_o

How do you need that many?

I 'only' have to figure out 7 configurations of 10 combat feats, my maneuver list, and a spell list
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-01 at 01:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

Armiger | Pact Master Thaumaturge | Troubadour could use 3 sheets for each Pact Conjuration companion, a sheet for combinations of tropes, and maybe something for the weapons from Armiger.

I mean you have 7 Personas (base + 6) and each of your 2 masks can have 3 Personas. Then Armiger grants 5 weapons that each add 6-7 talents each. Each of those Pact Companions grants 11 talents, too.
    3 (Pacts) * 5 (Armiger Weapon) * 2 (Personas up) * (7 * 6 * 5 (3 Tropes in one Persona))) = 6300 combinations, I think?

Although really it'd be easier to figure out a Google Sheet at that point.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-06-01 at 01:27 PM.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Is there one for the Summoner? Twin Eidolon really doesn't strike my fancy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Summoner and Unchained Summoner—Grand Eidolon (Su): At 20th level, the summoner’s eidolon becomes an absolute monstrosity—a thing of legend and terror. The summoner gains 4 additional evolution points to spend as he likes, not subject to subtype-based requirements.

4. - Top - End - #274

Planetar

Well, Im focused on the shield build. Hopefully, Ill be allowed to count my active defense attempts as attacks of opportunity for the extra mobility, but either way is good. I have a full conscript on one side, a 3 level dip with blacksmith, and other 17//20 levels that I need to figure out.

character is refluffed as chain user who intercepts attacks with his chains and then redirect them/impales/push/sunders the attacker.
    any suggestions for additional classes would be welcomed

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Player Character Sheet Completion Status
    Drako_Beoulve Astrid Lightbringer WIP
    Anti-Eagle Armand Uncarnate Complete pending lore change and approval...
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven The Best Chef Ever WIP
    samduke Naomi Complete
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    Aegis013 Aegis - aka "Sir Smite-a-Lot" Complete
    RoTWS
    Lix Lorn Elixia dis gonn take a while
    JNAProductions No name yet WIP
    Warlawk Oblivion/Jorge - Submission Post WIP
    greenpotato Lord Bison WIP
    Quantumphear Myrsirim Completed, build notes here
    Stevesciguy Zak Firebrand WIP
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth
    Epinephrine_Syn Rachel WIP
    Kaouse Dr. Tenma WIP

I went back through and it looks like when I grabbed an old table, I unintentionally removed Gunhaven's entry. I've added it back in. I didn't see any others missing at this point.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-06-01 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

WIP

Rare Event Easter Egg Baiken
    Spoiler: pic
    Show

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show
    Komako Kuragata aka "Baiken"
    Female LN Half Elf Zealot20|| Wilder10|| Prc10|| Vigilante5/Prc10/Conscript1/Wilder1/Aegis3, Level 20, Init 27, HP 436/436, DR 5/-, Speed 55
    AC 54, Touch 37, Flat-footed 41, CMD 57, Fort 42, Ref 41, Will 35, CMB +36/+31/+26/+21, Base Attack Bonus +20/+15/+10/+5 /591
    +5, Mithril, benevolent, Keen, Collision, Impervious/Psychic Katana - Argyrum +41/+36/+31/+26 (6d8+31, 15-20/x2)
    +power attack, + Psicrystal Aid another Iaijutsu Strike +44 (24d8+89, )
    dur 56 hrs, 20 pp inertial armor (+17 Armor, +10 Dex, +14 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 30, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 30
    Condition None
    * Racial - Psicrystal - Astral Suit *

****Racial****

Favored class bonus - 1/4 conviction
    Kindred-Raised
    Elf Blooded
    Low Light Vision

****Psicrystal****
    Intelligence 26[+8]
    Mechanical Intellect (Ex), telepathic link, sighted, alertness
    improved evasion, self-propulsion, share powers
    Tactical Assistance (Ex) harrying partners, Swift Aid
    Improved Tactical Assistance (Ex)
    Pinpoint Weakness (Ex),Tactical Mastery (Ex)
    Knowledge Data (Ex), Initiative bonus +10

****Astral Suit****
    Customization Points 25
    Astral Skin - Speed x2, Nimble, Evasion
    Powerful Build 2
    Nimble x2 4
    Reach 3, Speed 3
    Presence 6
    Shape Veil, Lesser - Armory Of The Conqueror 1
    Improved Evasion 3
    Initiator's Soul 2, Additional Maneuvers 1
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    "Baiken is an aggressive, brash, impulsive and anti-social person motivated solely by revenge, wanting to kill That Man. She has remained bitter over her family's demise and intensely hates Gears. Despite this, she tolerates Anji Mito to a certain extent. And though she dislikes the idea of the Japanese being treated like a special race, she occasionally expresses pride towards her heritage. Baiken also comes off as a masculine female character, and she mentions that she has abandoned her gender. She also accepts the natural consequences of her actions and has solemnly consigned herself to damnation for her sins."

Save your preaching for the church. All you need on a battlefield is a warcry.

A character from a violent game that would seem far removed from the timid and shy Komako Kuragata. It was only by chance and through a rare crossover event that Komako happened to met the proper conditions in order to unlock this rare player class and skin. So rare was it that she was apparently the only player in all of Dragons of Alnia to accomplish this. Perhaps it was less luck and sheer tenacity as only so many players had the time and dedication, and more importantly, the absolute feeling of wanting to escape from her life outside of the game.

Komako seemed like a very ordinary girl at first glance. As ordinary as one could be in a wheelchair I daresay. However she hadn't always been unable to walk. She had fond memories of running around her families vast estate as a young child. Now it was a prison. The large Japanese manor turned into both a challenge to traverse and a stagnant reminder of the day the sun in her life burnt out. It was stark reminder of the day she and her father no longer speak of. She could no longer enjoy the garden that surrounded their home. No longer feel the wet moss between her toes. No longer see the smiling face of her deceased mother.

For a long time she blamed her father for not coming to her mothers rescue in time. Then she had blamed her mother for pretending to be a normal person and not the Yakuza heiress that she in fact was.
    But after she came to a frank realization she finally blamed herself for being the reason her parent's believed that they could ever live a normal life. Her father tried his best to console his daughter and put forth a small fortune in finding a way to allow her to walk again. Rehabilitation efforts failed Komako and surgeries seemed to only complicate matters. The days in her life muddled together in the form of long painful therapy sessions and staring out at a garden that she could see but was slowly losing the ability to feel.

This changed all one day when she saw the news of the revolutionary virtual reality game "Dragons of Alnia". It was reputed to give the user a sensation of being in a true fantasy world. Sensations that she was slowly loosing would soon be replaced by exhilaration that she never felt before. It didn't take long for her to become absolutely addicted to "diving" into this false reality.

That need for escape became to prevalent for Komako that she neglected all else. This included her health which had began to further deteriorate. She realized that her already fragile nervous system couldn't handle the strain the Vr put on it. Her arms began to lose feeling and started to ignore all sensation just as her body below the waist. She didn't allow that to deter her. Not only was she an addict but she was also highly ranked and respected in this reality. And so when the start of the crossover event began, she was dead set on becoming the first to gain access to the ultra rare content that only the elite players would be able to uncover.

How she actually accomplished what others could not was still a mystery. Some of it even unknown to her as her consciousness sometimes faded in an out even while in the game. She felt like it might have been the end for her but she had trudged on and received an ever so curious gift. The body of a fierce warrior woman, from an ancient game that had influenced so much of todays culture. She herself didn't particularly like the character as it somehow reminded her of her mother. She could even swear that it changed her more than physically. Even now that she has finally crossed over she can't help but wonder if the event itself had something to do with her current situation.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Outside the game
    Show

Spoiler: In the game and new world
    Show

Spoiler: A Little information
    Show

I completely forgot about this. Embarrassing.

Spoiler: Ps
    Show

Last edited by Scarlet Thirst; 2019-06-03 at 05:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    O_o

How do you need that many?

I 'only' have to figure out 7 configurations of 10 combat feats, my maneuver list, and a spell list
    The Empath class has a series of personas with different abilities, each based on an archetypal character. It can adopt six of them at twentieth level.
    The Many As One is a special class I designed for gestalt+ that goes along with the Empath. The short version is that it turns each of the personas into a separate gestalt (albeit with a level penalty). It also gives +2 personae! =D

...so I get to/have to make one sheet for the main character themself, and then eight sub-sheets detailing which 16 level class/race/personality/appearance gets glued onto the side. It's super fun and I'm glad to finally try it out! But gosh, this is a LOT of work, especially since I've had to homebrew two base classes and three ACFs so far. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #278

Planetar

Is there any feat/trait that changes path of war initiating modifier?

9. - Top - End - #279

Say, what's the Magus' new keystone looking like? Thinking that the Magus might work better than the Vigilante for the 3rd class. It gives me sword fighting, more magic, and great debuffing potential. Really works well alongside the Bard and Symbiat to give a bit of a more rounded build to the insane support I'll be offering everyone.

10. - Top - End - #280

The Empath class has a series of personas with different abilities, each based on an archetypal character. It can adopt six of them at twentieth level.
    The Many As One is a special class I designed for gestalt+ that goes along with the Empath. The short version is that it turns each of the personas into a separate gestalt (albeit with a level penalty). It also gives +2 personae! =D

...so I get to/have to make one sheet for the main character themself, and then eight sub-sheets detailing which 16 level class/race/personality/appearance gets glued onto the side. It's super fun and I'm glad to finally try it out! But gosh, this is a LOT of work, especially since I've had to homebrew two base classes and three ACFs so far. xD
    Wait, are we allowed to homebrew our own stuff just for this? Cuz if that's the case, I have an idea for a PrC in mind that would make my concept stronger...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Is there any feat/trait that changes path of war initiating modifier?
    Lost Tradition is a feat that allows you to change the key ability of anything to a different one of your choosing.(normally it only applies to spellcasting, but it's been expanded to work with everything)
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-01 at 03:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, are we allowed to homebrew our own stuff just for this? Cuz if that's the case, I have an idea for a PrC in mind that would make my concept stronger...
    I mean... homebrew is allowed, and as long as its balanced and accepted by the GM, I don't see why not?
    Its not qualitatively different from any other homebrew.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I mean... homebrew is allowed, and as long as its balanced and accepted by the GM, I don't see why not?
    Its not qualitatively different from any other homebrew.
    Yeah, there's not really a difference, but it's still up to DM preference.

I've had DMs before who, while they allowed homebrew, generally preferred more well-known and tested homebrew. And of the ones that allowed less tested homebrew, some just didn't really like the idea of players creating homebrew just for a game.

13. - Top - End - #283

I see there is another fine purveyor of arc systms works in this thread.

Speaking of which here is my second submission. Jury is out on if I'll go ahead with my third.

Spoiler: Battle Angel.
    Show
    "Oh! what was that cool quote again? Oh yeah! I will not stand by...in the Presence of EVIL!

Spoiler: Story: I want to save them all!
    Show
    The Drop-In Outreach Centre was always busy. But today was especially busy. A steady trickle of the lost and forlorn had past through the doors from the moment that Adrienne Sanrita had arrived at 6:00 am until the present time of 7:43 pm. It was a long day, not that Adrienne minded long days. There were so many people that needed a shoulder to lean on or an ear to confide into.

Lost people, confused people, children, adults. Vancouver was a big city and there was suffering to spare in the shadows of Stanley Park. If only I could illuminate it like Lothwen could... she thought to herself.

"Hey! Are you listening?" the young man seated on the sparse couch across from her desk was fifteen according to the file. But you couldn't tell his age from his appearance, as thin as a starving whisper with pale waxen skin a testament to a lifetime of addiction.

Adrienne kicked herself mentally to stay on the ball, it might be a big day in game, but she had real people to try and save, VR could wait. She smiled gently, "Of course I am Michael." For the next half hour she poured all her attention and effort into him as Michael vented his frustrations and fear.

As Michael slouched out the door, whether to search for a place to sleep, or another gram to score she couldn't quite say Adrienne pulled her thin rain coat over her shoulders and left as well.

The patch was set to hit at 9:00 sharp. She'd better hurry if she didn't want to miss the launch party. A quick dash down the street to Wok-Donald's and a small cup of chow mein in a greasy bag later she was hurrying through the streets towards home.

The day had been warm but it was looking like a drizzle was on the way. Despite her excitement for the closed beta Adrienne couldn't help but notice just how many people lined the sides of the streets. If only I could help them all.

As she let herself in to the small bachelor's pad on the third floor of a mid-ish tier condo Adrienne's celphone started to go berserk; a series of texts imploring WHERE ARE YOU SLOWPOLK rushing down the screen. Adrienne powered her gear, typed the keys and took a last look at her apartment for what was about to be a very long play session.

Spoiler: Mechanics and Background
    Show

Lothwen the Luminator. Exalted Loremaster

Adrienne Sanrita is a social worker who helps At Risk Youth in down town Vancouver. Lothwen is a heavens-blessed warrior diplomat that Adrienne plays in the closed beta of Dragons of Alnia.

Adrienne harbors aspirations to true selfless heroism and has lived out those fantasies in the Alnia series for the last twenty years. She's played Alnia 1, Alnia 2, Champions of Alnia, Alnia Reforged, and Alnia: The Last of the Druin. She even ran her own fan site AngelofAlnia.corn where she blogged about the in character pursuits of her favorite character, Lothwen, who used her wits and her might to vanquish evil and solve people's problems.

Now finding herself stuck in the game Adrienne feels torn. On the one hand, she has a real life with real people that need her help. But here in the game there's a lot of other apparently real people who also need her help, and here she has the power to effect some pretty substantial change.

Despite her avatar's incredible battle prowess Adrienne despises violence. She has seen what violence can do to people, but sees herself being thrust into combat in order to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    I see there is another fine purveyor of arc systms works in this thread.

Speaking of which here is my second submission. Jury is out on if I'll go ahead with my third.

Spoiler: Battle Angel.
    Show
    "Oh! what was that cool quote again? Oh yeah! I will not stand by...in the Presence of EVIL!

Spoiler: Story: I want to save them all!
    Show
    The Drop-In Outreach Centre was always busy. But today was especially busy. A steady trickle of the lost and forlorn had past through the doors from the moment that Adrienne Sanrita had arrived at 6:00 am until the present time of 7:43 pm. It was a long day, not that Adrienne minded long days. There were so many people that needed a shoulder to lean on or an ear to confide into.

Lost people, confused people, children, adults. Vancouver was a big city and there was suffering to spare in the shadows of Stanley Park. If only I could illuminate it like Lothwen could... she thought to herself.

"Hey! Are you listening?" the young man seated on the sparse couch across from her desk was fifteen according to the file. But you couldn't tell his age from his appearance, as thin as a starving whisper with pale waxen skin a testament to a lifetime of addiction.

Adrienne kicked herself mentally to stay on the ball, it might be a big day in game, but she had real people to try and save, VR could wait. She smiled gently, "Of course I am Michael." For the next half hour she poured all her attention and effort into him as Michael vented his frustrations and fear.

As Michael slouched out the door, whether to search for a place to sleep, or another gram to score she couldn't quite say Adrienne pulled her thin rain coat over her shoulders and left as well.

The patch was set to hit at 9:00 sharp. She'd better hurry if she didn't want to miss the launch party. A quick dash down the street to Wok-Donald's and a small cup of chow mein in a greasy bag later she was hurrying through the streets towards home.

The day had been warm but it was looking like a drizzle was on the way. Despite her excitement for the closed beta Adrienne couldn't help but notice just how many people lined the sides of the streets. If only I could help them all.

As she let herself in to the small bachelor's pad on the third floor of a mid-ish tier condo Adrienne's celphone started to go berserk; a series of texts imploring WHERE ARE YOU SLOWPOLK rushing down the screen. Adrienne powered her gear, typed the keys and took a last look at her apartment for what was about to be a very long play session.

Spoiler: Mechanics and Background
    Show

Lothwen the Luminator. Exalted Loremaster

Adrienne Sanrita is a social worker who helps At Risk Youth in down town Vancouver. Lothwen is a heavens-blessed warrior diplomat that Adrienne plays in the closed beta of Dragons of Alnia.

Adrienne harbors aspirations to true selfless heroism and has lived out those fantasies in the Alnia series for the last twenty years. She's played Alnia 1, Alnia 2, Champions of Alnia, Alnia Reforged, and Alnia: The Last of the Druin. She even ran her own fan site AngelofAlnia.corn where she blogged about the in character pursuits of her favorite character, Lothwen, who used her wits and her might to vanquish evil and solve people's problems.

Now finding herself stuck in the game Adrienne feels torn. On the one hand, she has a real life with real people that need her help. But here in the game there's a lot of other apparently real people who also need her help, and here she has the power to effect some pretty substantial change.

Despite her avatar's incredible battle prowess Adrienne despises violence. She has seen what violence can do to people, but sees herself being thrust into combat in order to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
    lol not really!!! I am kinda messing with someone in my home that didn't get a beta code for their new game. I added a bit more backstory if anyone wants to look at my character post and give a bit of critique. Hope it isn't too grimdark. I am trying to give my pc motivation to exist in this world she gets transported to. Something along the lines of obtaining power to bring her mother back to life but eventually just learn to grow up and finally accept her passing.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Many-as-One had already been made before the game as well. I looked at it when I was contemplating a magical girl for some random stalt game.

...I need to gather up all my random scraps at some point.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

16. - Top - End - #286

Do we know if Legendary talents from SoM are allowed?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Eagle View Post
    Thanks @Morcleon, I've been evaluating replacing soulknife (deadly fist) with something but may just keep it as is as finding a perfect 10 in LA is difficult (I guess Half-Celestial and Fey?). As for lore. My character was a thrallherd before the patch and he had approximately 359 NPC followers in the "Children of the Monarch," so losing them would be a bit of a shock. I've read over and rewrote most of their individual bios and codes, so it's good to hear they won't disappear even if I don't control them fully anymore. My two thralls (Cristina and Alina)... assuming they aren't deleted I assume with a loss of my leadership powers they'll revert to guarding the guild hall like they do when I'm offline. I look forward to when leadership content is re-enabled.

Edit: How high is my effective CR for determining Fey Spell Resistance? I'm thinking of just going with a Fey template for flavour, though he would definitely pose as Half-Celestial with his ability to alter his form.
    Your created NPCs will not be removed, but will not be under your direct control as they were previously.

CR will be equal to HD (20) for all purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    Unlike other material, the Legendary Vigilante cannot be found on Wikis for ease of access. However, I brought the products that include the Legendary Vigilante, and I can share them through the private messaging system if that is an acceptable path. With anyone else interested in the Legendary Vigilante also being allowed to use it.

I had already realized this, was is entirely necessary to point it out again?
    Material that cannot be freely found and available for all players will unfortunately not be available.

My apologies, didn't notice the post with the realization.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    I am planning on building an Aegis | Daevic | Soulknife.

Aegis will be using the Ascendant Archetype.
    Daevic will be using the Knowledge Passion (from City of 7 Seraphs)
    Soulknife will be using the Living Legend Archetype.

Are all of these things allowed? If so, is High Psionics in play?
    These are all allowed by default, being Spheres of Power and Dreamscarred Press, respectively.

As mentioned previously, High Psionics is in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    "Depends on how you are gaining a coup de grace every three rounds."

the coup da grace is gained by a combination of dastardly blow with fear stacking, which can escalate very quickly with my multiple intimidation and mind-affecting immunity piercing ability, and that's not even considering the imperious command feat I can take.

Another question-it's not really RAW, not sure about RAI, but can the active defense ability (shield sphere) be considered as an attack of opportunity for the purpose of feats/abilities that affect AoO's? of course, things like...I dunno, improved combat reflexes line ,wouldn't work, cause it's not really a "normal attack", but things that for example allow me to dish out an additional effect with my attack of opportunity, that might be used in conjunction with the smashing counter talent?
    Understood.

Active Defense is not an attack of opportunity and so does not apply effects that would trigger off attacks of opportunity.

Question.

This is a fragment of the 3.5 feature, Words of Creation

However. The Pathfinder update changed the bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls offered from Inspire Courage to now grant people a Competence bonus instead.

Is it acceptable to have Words of Creation still double the bonus granted by Inspire Courage, despite the change in bonus type?

Also, is the Radiance House's Pact Magic allowed? Its basically Pathfinder version of the 3.5 Binder class, with achetypes to allow other classes to potentially Bind spirits as well. Such as the Bard having Soul Muse. What about the Moso? (I'm most interested in playing a Blind Character with effectively 40ft Blindsight)
    Words of Creation would still double Inspire Courage's bonus.

Pact Magic is not approved. New and unfamiliar subsystems are unlikely to be approved due to the extensive research necessary.

Moso is approved!

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Morc, what kinda post frequency do you need? Also remind me when recruitment's closed, I haven't read the whole thread yet...
    While we here on the dev team would highly prefer all players to login every day, we do have a Rested XP system that should tide those over who can only do so once every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    @Admin
    Requesting the Kung Fu Genius feat to apply to the Sage Spheres class which is very monk-like including the ability to select monk Ki Powers.
    Yes, that interaction is approved, allowing Kung Fu Genius to change Sage's primary ability score.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoIncardine View Post
    While I need to devise the specifics, I do have a couple character ideas... If I can get anything done before the game starts, haha.

REQUESTS:
    * Either version of Forrestfire Studio's Spellburst Savant ( https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3lfQThtVDRkMU0 )
    * My Frost-Pack Warlock archetype, and with it T.G. Oskar's Warlock which it depends on ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Warlock-PEACH) )
    * An LA for Succubus (and whether you want the 3.5 or PF one to be the basis for stats)

Which ones are accepted will influence which idea I go for. Thank you for your time organizing this!
    Spellburst Savant (Revised) is approved!

Both TG Oskar's Warlock and Frost Pact Warlock are approved!

Succubus is not approved. We would prefer for players to stick with races intended for player use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    I hate the Aegis capstone, Perfect Merger. It's pretty much just a once per day full heal for me, but I really shouldn't need much of that. Luckily, Paizo just came out with a new book, Chronicle of Legends, that gives every (first party) class an "alternate capstone" (even Wizard and Cleric, who don't have capstones normally) as well as a number of capstones available to anyone (or anyone who meets the prerequisites).

Could I replace Perfect Merger with one of these alternate capstones? Specifically, the one I was interested in was this one:

A friend showed me this book only today, so I can understand if you don't have it. I'm willing on sharing it, though I downloaded it through discord, not through dropbox or anything, so I can't just post a link.
    As above, material that cannot be freely found and available for all players will unfortunately not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Hmmm, pondering a submission for this.

@Admin-

Would the following class mods be approved, if half the progression was removed?

Scion of Ashardalon
    Scion of the Ur-Dragon
    Midnight Occultist
    Dracarnum Savant
    Soulfused Transcendant

And the following bloodline mod?

VoidSouled Bloodline
    Scion of Ashardalon is approved! (It now only progresses a single invocation user)

Scion of the Ur Dragon is approved! (It now only progresses a single class)

Midnight Occultist is approved! (It now only progresses a single class)

Dracarnum Savant is approved! (It now only progresses a single class)

Soulfused Transcendent is approved!

Void-Souled Bloodline is approved!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Just to clarify: Does this also mean that Orange Prism Ioun Stones, the Bead of Karma on a Strand of Prayer Beads, the Archmage Spell Power option, Voidkin, and all similar things only help casters with less than full caster level (whether half-casters, such as the Ranger, Paladin, and Hexblade, or folks who took dips in things that slow caster progression)?

Cool... can I get around the Arcane Enlightenment problem via Arcane Preparation (Complete Arcane page 73; requires spontaneous arcane casting to qualify, but just uses "your spell slots" in the benefits text)?
    That ruling is specifically for spellcasting levels (the ones that determine your spells per day and such). Caster level is unaffected.

Oracle is a divine casting class and thus does not qualify for Arcane Preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Hot, gonna go Evangelist of Torag while I have the item crafting feats I don't use at first and Vine Leshy Mutant (was a dwarf before the update, ended up glitching something fierce due to logging out in the middle of the swamp, decided it was a feature and not a bug). Will do a more proper update...tonight honestly.

For Mutant:
    Boons: Celerity, Sealed Mind, Telepathy, SLA: Mirror Image, Dominate Person, Charm Monster.
    Deformities: Fractured Mind, Poor Ability (Charisma).
    Total Modifiers:
    -2 Strength, +0 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, -4 Charisma.
    Mutant: +8 (Note that Sealed Mind and Fractured Mind are not compatible and one or both must be traded out. Removing both results in LA +6, removing Fractured Mind for another deformity will result in LA +8, removing Sealed Mind for another boon will result in LA +6-8, depending on the boon.)

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    So about variant multiclassing.

The wizard, I assume does not gain the ability to cast arcane scrolls. Let me know if I am wrong there.

More importantly they select a scroll, can I pick a sub school like Foresight or an elemental school like air?
    They do not, as they do not actually gain spellcasting proper.

You may select a subschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    That being said, @Morcleon the Zealot gets an ability at 4th level and 8th level called Mission

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-...lasses/zealot/

Could I take say, the Living Bastion ability from the Protection mission at level 4 and then take Storm of Steel ability from the destruction mission at level 8?

I want to protec, but also atac
    That is allowed.

Say, Admin, would there be a chance for me to get rid of the features of Blacksmith that don't apply to Iron Chef (Thunderous Blows, Skilled Craftsman, Artisan Savant, Reforge) and get something more suitable for a chef?

At the moment I don't have any real ideas beyond maybe some things from Scholar (I like the idea of Slime Savant if only because I like the picture of treating oozes and plants like they're my pets) but it may be more fitting to just reflavor things (Skilled Craftsman does Profession (Chef) for making magical potions and restores hit points to plants/oozes instead of objects, Artisan Savant grants Brew Potions and Craft Oozes, Reforge lets me ritual stuff for plants/oozes). If you're okay with it then I can try and come up with something more fitting.

General Theme with my menus is gonna be meats, fungi, and booze. General Temptation will be an American Dad that just talks about grilling all the time.
    Thunderous Blows can be changed to plants instead of constructs.
    Skilled Craftsman can be changed to Profession (chef) instead of Profession (blacksmith) for potions and works on oozes/plants instead of constructs/objects.
    Artisan Savant can grant Brew Potion and Craft Ooze.
    Reforge can allow you to rebrew potions, though you may also suggest addition effects here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako_Beoulve View Post
    Need to fill out 5 levels, so requesting LA for:

- Archon Graced (Star Archon)

- Celestial-Blessed (Astral Deva)
    Archon-Graced (Star Archon): +6
    Celestial-Blessed (Astral Deva): +3

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    It actually does, as a secondary characteristic. Though I'm not taking too many levels in Spellthief, so it wouldn't add up to be that much if we truly do count it like that.
    Your spellthief and arcane spellcaster levels also stack when determining your caster level for all arcane spells.

(At least, if that was you not knowing what the feat did, and wasn't instead you making a specific ruling on how Master Spellthief works in this game. If that was a ruling rather than a misreading, that's 100% fine too.)
    It was initially a misreading, but Master Spellthief will cap at your Hit Dice due to its intended use being to mitigate multiclassing between Spellthief and other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    It is from psionics augmented compilation 2, previously appearing in one of the books about soulknives.

It allows a Soulknife to add a specific weapon property to the list of weapon properties he can add to his mindblade (It doesnt give it for free).

It works on an arcane bond so it probably would work on other class features.

Also I was not suggesting you take them I was considering it myself 😉

Aegis // Soulknife goes very well with a psionics based character.

@Admin could I take the capstones and apply them to the mindblade and astral suit? One capstone per class i.e. soulknife and Aegis taking the capstone. I would assume that the 200k gp are against wealth by level.
    Please link the trait. As listed above, if it is not a publically available source, it is not approved.

Same for capstones.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    I do not know if I would use it but can I get a ruling for level adjustment for Implacable Stalker please?
    Implacable Stalker is not allowed. As we are not using the horror mods, much of the template would not work, in addition to not fitting in with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I'm definitely excited about the upcoming patch, and hope I'll have the opportunity to play! I have a few questions for our amazing admin:

• What sort of interfaces work best with Dragons of Alnia? Can it be played with the old keyboard and mouse, or is specialized full-immersion technology required?
    • How is the world of Alnia populated? Mainly, what sort of AI systems are in place, and what does the player base look like in comparison to monsters and NPCs?
    • I've heard some whispers about Dragons of Alnia working with content creators to set up custom dungeons and quests, as well as even bosses run by contractors or volunteers. Is this true?
    • Finally, I'd like to ask about the possibility of implementing the Ebon Initiate, with a bonus necromantic invocation set, and the Lost Spheres Reaper class designed for the Spheres of Power/Might subsystem.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it'd be fun to do a little bit of in character talking myself, but I also want to be clear. So...

I'm looking to learn a little bit about the system behing Alnia. First, the interface, whether its some kind of VR headset, or something that can be played on computer. Also whether NPCs exist. I'm also interested in how the game is going to handle the 'you're in the game world now' twist. Are people just going to be locked into playing the game somehow, or will they enter the world? How 'real' is that world going to be? I know it might spoil things a little, but I'll be able to create a much more suitable character with that knowledge.

My 'custom dungeons and quests' question ties into the character concept I'm considering - basically, a content creator who has played the game more as a player-driven dungeon boss than the typical adventuring hero. Someone who has set up a big lair, stocked it with stuff, and made the typical dungeon run more interesting for players by adding a personal touch. I like the concept because it lets me play with all the flavor of a big villain without really being one, and also provides us with a nifty base of operations.

The plan is to play a necromancer - currently I'm looking at Ebon Initiate // Sage // Reaper, but there are a couple implications there I want to make sure of. First, the nature and number of NPCs, monsters, and the nature of game immersion is important to determining what kind of necromancy I can do without being a horrible person. Second, I do want to be able to have a bunch of undead, but I'm not particularly interested in using minionmancy to add to our party: I just want them in the background, building up my base and providing other weird utility. Would that avoid your concerns over leadership and similar abilities?
    Dragons of Alnia is a VRMMO, and so uses any certified full immersion technology. However, we do also provide a limited amount of support for older model AR technology such as the Oculus Rift.

We've got the very latest in synthetic intelligence technology for our NPCs and are constantly pushing the bounds of AI to create the most realistic game world possible. Our vision is that logging into DoA should feel like waking up into an entirely new world! As for player base, it's rather small right now due to the game still being in Closed Beta, but we hope that it will share the same popularities as other VRMMOs like FFXXVI and WoW.

Custom dungeons are indeed possible! We have been working with some content creators to create some very detailed dungeons and we hope that more people opt into this system.

Ebon Initiate is approved!

Pacts with the Dead is approved!

Reaper is approved!

How long do we have to rebuild our characters before the path goes live?

That is to say: when's the deadline?

Also, how much player input do we have on the lore? For example, if I wanted to write up a guild to be part of my character's(that is, the character inside the VR game) background, could I do so?
    The servers will go live in approximately 3-4 weeks. However, should many people be done before then or if many people are still working on their rebuilds, we can be flexible on this launch date.

Players may create lore for their characters and guilds. If you wish to submit additional minor lore (usually limited to NPCs and minor geographical features).

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Can you use the wish spell to give a familiar an inherent bonus?
    Yes, though it still has the same gold cost as using wish elsewhere.

I was gonna plug myself back in once I get closer to being done.

I'm unsure if Barrage and Cluster Toss (from Alchemy) stack, for example. Or if having multiple hands matter when it comes to chucking all of the Aligned Liquids/Thunderstones at these Balors. I figure I can pretty easily hit the 60 DC to do 12d4 damage to probably all 4 of them with each AL, it's just the matter of chucking 13 of them before I go back to my timeless demiplane.
    Barrage and Cluster Toss do not stack, as each requires a different action, rather than modifying an action. Multiple hands will allow you to throw more in a full attack (though this disallows the use of Cluster Toss, which is specifically a standard action).

Time traits are disallowed from demiplanes.

You are allowed to do so, but such homebrew will be judged more severely than pre-existing homebrew.

Do we know if Legendary talents from SoM are allowed?
    Yes. Advanced and Legendary Talents are allowed by default. Note that Costly Creation and Create Materials (and anything else that would otherwise allow for free items) cannot be used pre-game to bypass the legacy gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixie "astralInferno" Lorn
    Bug Report:
    ...we're stuck. We put on the VR stuff, got in on the new patch, and, uh, well maybe the VR just got a whole lot better, but we've been here a while now and I can't find any way to bring up an exit menu, or to take off the gear? Top marks for things feeling right and all - the pomberries are delish - but some of the other testers are starting to miss home, yknow? Something rly weird is going on with my classes too but that's really not important. The patch notes said that we went missing?? This is some anime bs, Aster. I'm the only one who can access the bug system at all, and only cause I have a chronomancer class, and even then it's more like writing in a journal than typing. It feels like I'm in Alnia.

Personally I love it here but like you'll probably get sued about this.
    Lixie, the servers haven't even launched yet. I'm glad that you're hyped enough that you're already writing fanfic about DoA though.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2019-06-01 at 10:07 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, there's not really a difference, but it's still up to DM preference.

I've had DMs before who, while they allowed homebrew, generally preferred more well-known and tested homebrew. And of the ones that allowed less tested homebrew, some just didn't really like the idea of players creating homebrew just for a game.
    I am something of a well known and prolific homebrewer, and the Admin has been in the discord where I've been writing the homebrew and asking friends for advice.

Basically, I'd say homebrewing for a game because you can't express the concept right without it oughta be fine, but homebrewing to be stronger is iffy. Idk, balance is hard. Homebrew is hard.
    (Admittedly, the Elemental Adept ACFs I did were kinda toeing that line, but I really really really didnt want to deal with a companion, and it's not going to result in that me being a better blaster than she would be if she were like. ...honestly a Stargazer could do it better I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster "Morcleon" Islington
    Lixie, the servers haven't even launched yet. I'm glad that you're hyped enough that you're already writing fanfic about DoA though.
    Quote Originally Posted by IC
    ...Morcy... I didn't send that. O.o I don't know what the joke's meant to be here. Do you think someone's hacked my account? PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    READ THIS
    Just to be 100% clear, that IC exchange is meant to answer some of the lore questions about "what's the game going to look like when we're in it/are we stuck/etc". It was the best way we could think of to get things across without morc having to break character.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Couple of more Qs

1) So for the theme are we doing an isekai (transported to other world) kind of game? Or just we are RPing players running characters in an MMO?

2) Guilds play a pretty big part of MMOs. Will that be part of things? Is or is this more random guys / party based?

3) I noticed that no leadership / spawn is a thing. :P As a necromancer does that apply to hoards of un-class leveled undead as well? It is not like their are not other ways to make a necromancer, fear and debuff come right to mind, and I am fine with that. I just wanted to get clarifications here to know which direction to build.

4) Is it possible to get a bit more guidance on power level? 1 Balrog, but not 4, was a good goal until we learned they were not std Balrogs. Don't do thousands of hp a round is ok, but still a pretty loose upper bound. There is a big difference between a PC that can do say 1000 hp/r dmg, and one that can do 300. Does not really matter what we target IMO, so long as we are in the same ball park, and you are okay with it from a challenge perspective. Any guidance on AC / HP / saves that you are looking for? And, as an addendum, if picked, can we revise up or down as needed to match the other players?

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Players may create lore for their characters and guilds. If you wish to submit additional minor lore (usually limited to NPCs and minor geographical features).
    Cool, will write up some stuff along with my character

You are allowed to do so, but such homebrew will be judged more severely than pre-existing homebrew.
    Fair enough

Yes. Advanced and Legendary Talents are allowed by default. Note that Costly Creation and Create Materials (and anything else that would otherwise allow for free items) cannot be used pre-game to bypass the legacy gold cap.
    Nice! Monster Breaker is go!

I am something of a well known and prolific homebrewer, and the Admin has been in the discord where I've been writing the homebrew and asking friends for advice.

Basically, I'd say homebrewing for a game because you can't express the concept right without it oughta be fine, but homebrewing to be stronger is iffy. Idk, balance is hard. Homebrew is hard.
    I fully agree.

So, here's my concept:

Quote Originally Posted by Concept
    My (in-Dragons of Alnia) character is part of a guild that dives into ruins to obtain ancient knowledge and the like. The Guildhall is a massive library filled to the brim with ancient scrolls, both mundane and magical, as well as retrieved artifacts. These people use the retrieved knowledge to enhance our understanding of ancient magic techniques as well as expand our historical knowledge. Researching and experimenting with magic is also part of their agenda.

To this end, there are two subgroups of the guild: the Loreblades, who are still mages, but are more martial minded. These spellswords dive into ancient ruins and the like to retrieve the aforementioned scrolls and artifacts. However, with so much time out in the field, they don't receive the same level of proficiency with the techniques as the Lorekeepers.

The Lorekeepers are the members of the guild who do the research and piecing together of the arcane and mundane knowledge the the Loreblades have retrieved. Although they are not as skilled in martial prowess, they make up for it with greater magical power, and greater proficiency in the magical techniques they have discovered, specializing in the manipulation of magic from the scrolls they spend their days studying.
    (My character would be a Loreblade)

Looking around, I couldn't really find anything, first party or homebrew, that really felt like it got what I was going for.(Although, if you happen to know anything of the type, please tell me, it'd be greatly appreciated! )

I will also note that this would not be a case of "well, these are the features and abilities I want, so I'll just stick 'em all into the PrC and hope the DM allows it." I feel like I have a strong enough concept to build a proper flavorful class off of, and hope that I can get the class to embody that concept.(Possibly 2; might also make the Lorekeeper just for completeness, and maybe so that the Admin could use it for other guild members if she wished)

Also accepting advice on less cheesy names
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-01 at 10:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Say, what's the Magus' new keystone looking like? Thinking that the Magus might work better than the Vigilante for the 3rd class. It gives me sword fighting, more magic, and great debuffing potential. Really works well alongside the Bard and Symbiat to give a bit of a more rounded build to the insane support I'll be offering everyone.
    Spoiler: Magus Alternate Capstone
    Show
    Magus—Legendary Blade (Su): At 20th level, the magus can turn his weapon into a thing of terror and wonder. When the magus enhances his weapon with his arcane pool, he grants it an additional +2 enhancement bonus (for a total of +7).

Even if it's not allowed, I'm still happy to tell people what alternate capstones people have. I get the feeling that it will appear on the d20pfsrd site after about 2 weeks or so.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-06-01 at 10:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

@morcleon

I am actually using the playtest material from Legendary Villains that includes the Mercurial Duelist and Dread Champion in which most of my vigilante class features are blatantly stolen from.

Also may I request the Grod fix for Wilder?

Begins with 2 powers known, and learns one new power every level.
    Psychic Enervation burns a number of power points equal to twice the original amount surged for.
    Elude touch applies to all attacks, not just touch attacks.
    Can replace Volatile mind (and subsequent improvements) with psionic bonus feats.
    I would like it to apply to the Pathfinder version of Wilder as I am using the surge bond class feature which is basically like what the fix already does. But I would like to get rid of surge blast in favor of Elude touch.

Edit: Can anyone find the playtest material for Legendary Games Red Queen intrigue archetypes book? I have the actual pdf but I don't think it is on the d20 website.

Also since the capstone stuff wasn't approved can we homebrew something up that might be acceptable for everyone to use? My capstone is extremely lackluster.
    Last edited by Scarlet Thirst; 2019-06-01 at 11:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

I fully agree.
    Sorry, by the way, I feel my last post was a little defensive/aggressive.

So, here's my concept:

(My character would be a Loreblade)

Looking around, I couldn't really find anything, first party or homebrew, that really felt like it got what I was going for.(Although, if you happen to know anything of the type, please tell me, it'd be greatly appreciated! )

I will also note that this would not be a case of "well, these are the features and abilities I want, so I'll just stick 'em all into the PrC and hope the DM allows it." I feel like I have a strong enough concept to build a proper flavorful class off of, and hope that I can get the class to embody that concept.(Possibly 2; might also make the Lorekeeper just for completeness, and maybe so that the Admin could use it for other guild members if she wished)
    ...I... have a couple of things along that kinda "arcane martial scholar-researcher" theme, but none of them are vancian casters. I have a dark knowledge/eldritch themed martial discipline, I have an Invoker based around being a heavily armored melee arcane researcher, and - though it'd need refluffing - my Forest Tribes setting has a race associated with lost magic, the pursuit thereof, and Indiana-Jonesing in its search.

24. - Top - End - #294

Sorry, by the way, I feel my last post was a little defensive/aggressive.
    Oh, no, not at all! I just wanted to reassure that I wasn't going to just make a class that did all the things I want with no tradeoff.

...I... have a couple of things along that kinda "arcane martial scholar-researcher" theme, but none of them are vancian casters. I have a dark knowledge/eldritch themed martial discipline, I have an Invoker based around being a heavily armored melee arcane researcher, and - though it'd need refluffing - my Forest Tribes setting has a race associated with lost magic, the pursuit thereof, and Indiana-Jonesing in its search.
    I'll have to look through those! I've got some ideas already, but not enough I feel to fill out the class properly, so it might give me some inspiration

Would you mind if I asked for advice in general/if I get stuck?
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-01 at 11:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

I don't come by as often as I used to, but with that caveat aside, go ahead! Note that while I like big numbers, my design sensibilities might be a bit... under-epic for this level of game.

26. - Top - End - #296

I don't come by as often as I used to, but with that caveat aside, go ahead! Note that while I like big numbers, my design sensibilities might be a bit... under-epic for this level of game.
    I'm kinda hoping to make this class something that can stand on its own feet, outside of this game. So under-epic is probably just fine, unless we have very different definitions

Edit: hmmm, I'm a bit tempted to steal Font of Knowledge. Originally I was just thinking of giving them a bonus = 1/2 class level to Knowledge skills, a bit like a bard, but extra skill points seem kinda fun
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-02 at 01:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Big Ooph on that +8. What would "Spellwarped" from MM3 be? What about "Corrupted by the Abyss" from Expedition to the Demonweb Pits? Or Runewarped Creature, for something more Paizo.

Or Daelkyr Heir for that homebrew option?

There's not a huge selection to change myself into some otherworldly being, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-06-01 at 11:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Morcleon

How would you feel about this as a capstone for Zealot? Compare it to the class features Harbinger gets before 20 level and the actual capstone Warder gets.

Uncompromising commitment:

"At 20th level a Zealot has become a master at both protecting her allies and punishing her foes. Anytime an enemy attacks or uses a harmful effect against a member of her collective not including herself, she may make an attack of opportunity against them. Furthermore the Zealot may use any standard action strike in place of an attack of opportunity as well as her Strike of Unity conviction if she possess it. When using her Martyrdom class feature she may now apply any damage reduction, immunities, or resistances she possess before the damage is applied to her. This includes abilities that reduce of negate ability damage/drain."

Here is one for any caster character I just thought of that works like how they use to try and make the magic traits work.

Meta Mastery:

Any vancian casting class

At 20th level you may assign an amount of spells equal to half your casting modifier as "master spells". These spells use a slot one level lower than normal. If they would be reduced to 0 level they are considered cantrips although you may only assign a maximum of 3 spells as cantrips in this manner. If one of these spells is also a spell selected with spell mastery it can ignore an amount of either spell resistance or energy immunity up to your casting modifier whenever cast. A signature spell can either add half of your casting modifier to the spells dc or 1/4 of your caster level to each die of damage rolled if applicable. These benefits stack with themselves and similar benefits.
    Please do not be mad at my crappy names >_<
    Last edited by Scarlet Thirst; 2019-06-02 at 12:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Uuuuuuh... A Capstone that lets my turn a 10d6 Shocking Grasp into a Cantrip doing 10d6+50 damage for the cost of two feats is far too powerful of a Capstone.

And that's without Empowered spell, which would be doing 15d6+75 damage!

Pact Magic is not approved. New and unfamiliar subsystems are unlikely to be approved due to the extensive research necessary.
    But it is neither new nor unfamiliar. As previously stated, it simply functions as an update to the Binder Class from the 3.5 content. Giving other classes the ability to summon and bind spirits as a Binder could.

If the Pact Magic feature is being disallowed due to the fact that you do not know of the new spirits that can be bound with it, then how about a compromise? Allowing for the new archetypes to be used, but restricting players to only be allowed to use the old 3.5 spirits instead? That way there should be little concern or confusion as to what the system can do, as it is simply utilizing one already in place.

That being said. There is are a few other questions to be made.

First. There are rumours of there being certain locations in the world that allow people to gain a feat after visiting and performing a special task at this location. Either permanently, or temporarily, often for a year. Through it also comes at a reduction to your gold, either directly or a buff that negates the next X amount of gold you would gain. Do these locations exist in the game, and are we allowed to access them during the remake of our characters?

Secondly. Is the Dragon Magazine Feat Easy Metamagic, which allows you to reduce the Metamagic cost of 1 specific feat by 1 spell level, allowed?

Third. The item Crystal Echoblade is a Longsword that when I am performing a Bardic Performance, allows me to add half of my bard level to damage with its attacks as sonic damage. Is it acceptable to turn this into a different form of weapon? Such as a Sword Cane?

Fourth. Older games had different worlds known as 'Planes', that could only be access via portals or the Planeshift spell. Does the game currently have any 'Planes' beyond the Material Plane, or will they be implemented in a future update?
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-06-05 at 09:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Planetar

Admin-does the smite ability of the ordained champion works like the smite ability of the 3.5 paladin or of the pathfinder paladin? I'd assume pathfinder, but just wanted to be sure