The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

for PF Psion archetype: Dual Disciple
    *Secondary Discipline
    When the dual disciple chooses his discipline, also selects secondary discipline. "The dual discipleís secondary discipline cannot be the Generalist discipline*

I would like to request the "The dual discipleís secondary discipline cannot be the Generalist discipline*
    to allow the generalist as the secondary discipline

otherwise its almost better to go with the 3.5 version of Psion
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-05-28 at 03:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

HEY MORC

Lix told me about this and since it's a pbp game I figured why the heck not???? So here I am. I'm not fully sure what fully counts as versatile spellcaster in spheres and didn't see that dropped in the thread but I'ma abundantly assume "high-casters, especially Incanter" count as that.

So I was thinking Kitsune Incanter/Hedgewitch/Scholar here. I ...should actually largely stay inside the lines of Paizo/WotC/Dreamscarred/Spheres content so I don't think I'll need to request anything special?

So Yeah. This might take a bit. Also because >4:30am.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I think that "versatile caster" is anyone with spell slots (except fixed-list caasters)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh fiddlesticks. It looks like I can't use my sword cohort after all. Well since other companions like psicrystals and familiars are allowed do they gain the feats per HD like PC's? Do they gain any other benefit to allow them to be more viable facing the same threats our tristalt characters face? I personally am just trying have a neat sword that can use it's own counters and stuff.

I guess I am out of luck with the capstone for zealot. Really any of its abilities since it doesn't have many archetypes. They are all just too different from one another to try and patch anything together. Hopefully the legendary vigilante archetypes were allowed. They have a lot of potential with these rules I think.

5. - Top - End - #95

Planetar

My build is pretty much finished-

Divine minion 1/MoMF 10/Scaled horror 1/Black blood cultist 8//
    monk 20 (mysterial, monk of the silver fist, monk of the mantis, enlightened, hungry ghost)//
    dread 20 (nightmare, nightmare constructor, fearmonger, wild huntmaster)

Like I said, Ill focus on grappling as a main attack tactic, with fear attacks to help me finish off my foes quickly.
    Other things I can do include summoning a pack of ethereal wolves to help me fight, get a synthesist-esque ability from the nightmare constructor, a little bit of veilweaving, and tons of maneuvers.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Ghost: +5 (additional +1 if Malevolence is taken)
    Note that with only six "standard" abilities, and the special abilities being one "for every 3 points of CR", at 20th, Malevolence is required unless "Variant Special Attacks" are in play (which they seem to be).

Also: How does the variable LA interact with things that grant the template as a capstone (such as the Occult Mystery)?

The Chamelon requires the Able Learner feat - which does nothing in Pathfinder's skill system. Is that feat waived, kept as a feat tax, replaced with something else, or the thing I didn't think of?

LA for a Trompe Líoeil?

For 3.5 templates with published LA's: Do you we use the published ones? I'm looking mostly at Half-Fey (Fiend Folio, gets LA +2 in the update booklet) and Phrenic at the moment.

Intentionally crafting cursed items rules in play? They're first party, but they get high enough op that I figured I ought to ask.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-05-28 at 07:19 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got an idea using Gunslinger//Marksman//Psychic Warrior 10/Awakened Blade 10

Does Awakened blade allow me to learn higher than 6th level manuevers if I am using the Pathwalker Psychic Warrior Archetype with that progression?

Awakened Blade also has "Path of the Warrior" ability, do I still gain my secondary path at lvl 11 from the virtual psychic warrior levels?

What era of gun are we allowed? Advanced or simple? I'd like to use a pair of revolvers from the Advanced firearms.
    Requesting a few feats:

Firearm Mastery

Improved Far Shot

Ranged Flank

Opportunity Shot

Flash Attack

Am I right in Assuming that Hawkeye
    would impact Opportunity Shot for an area of up to 60 ft (before adding +5 from improved snapshot) ?
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2019-05-28 at 07:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

This archetypes ruling as alternative class feature is fun.

Can I request a hummingbird familiar from dragon 323? It has stats as a thrush but gives +4 to initiative. Given that there are several familiars in pathfinder that give a bonus to initiative it's probably alright (none of the pathfinder familiars fly though).

Also, what happens with favored class bonuses, do we get one per track or one total?
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

9. - Top - End - #99

HalflingPirate

Holy Creature: +4
    Half-Celestial: +6
    Celestial-Blessed: Please indicate which celestial you wish to be blessed by.
    Angelic Vessel and Divine Champion: No. These templates give benefits more fitting of a class than a template.
    Do you think I can take Divine champion as a 10 level Prestige Class? I really want to have this Avatar form feature

Never mind, will use the sublime template requested below
    Last edited by Drako_Beoulve; 2019-05-28 at 02:08 PM.
    3.99 Project, Trying to Improve the 3.5 version, current fixes:

- Soulknife Fix
    - Samurai Rework
    - Paladin Fix

10. - Top - End - #100

RedKnightGirl

Fluff Concept/Rough Sketch of a Backstory (A small sketch of backstory, I want to be sure this kind of concept is okay in the event I need to shift gears and rework in a whole different direction. This kind of jumped up and ate my original character concept (which can still be nested 'within' this idea))

Spoiler: The World Thief
    Show

Poor little Bell. She never did get a break. Momma told her never to steal, bully or cheat, but what use was that? Sure didn't stop the other girls from picking on her. They'd steal her lunch, toss her into the garbage, the specifics may have changed from Instance to Instance but the result damn sure didn't.

This would go on for what seemed like forever, and what sometimes was forever, until The Hero showed up. He'd clean her up with a prestidigitation, flaunt his gallant armor and show the bullies what for. It was always so easy for him to ride them out of town.

But what use was that. The Hero would always move on out from Tutort, and little Bell'd be stuck behind, only to be dunked on by the bullies after mere minutes had passed.

This went on.

and on.

And On.

Until one day, little Bell decided she'd had enough.

It wasn't fair, why did all these destined heroes get legendary destinies? She was just a human, but some of these were reborn kings, squid vampires, the literal devil. Occasionally they even came back to Tutort, and were so much ... more everything. Screw momma's advice, life wasn't fair anyway.

Whatever separated her from The Heroes, she could steal and make hers. Ancient ancestry? "Mine" No glorious magic powers, huh? "I'll steal that too." Wimpy defenseless human? "I'll wrest the benevolence the gods never saw fit to bless me with in my personal hell from their cold, living, hands."

Rachel could distantly remember those times, when she was still sorting things out. Hell, sometimes she still felt like she was missing some vital information about how the world worked. But what was important was that Rachel'd escaped the cycle. She was The Hero now. And if the literal devil could be The Hero, so could a petty thief.

Rachel had claimed all magic in this and every world as her birthright, and she'd keep going until she grasped the very Mana Heart itself, and made it hers.

Spoiler: General Questions
    Show

How much would the https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/ Sublime template be in LA?
    Do I need to ask for approval for any 3.5 content, or just that which I'm unsure of how the interactions may occur? I've got a character ready build-wise (assuming 3.5 content is allowed, and that Sublime is LA+5), but can easily change based on if I'm wrong about things.

Spoiler: Tentative First Draft Char Sheet
    Show
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1920596

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Do I need to ask for approval for any 3.5 content, or just that which I'm unsure of how the interactions may occur?
    For the most part, just any weird interactions that might happen.

If the content is from dragon magazine, ask, and I would also ask before using any online content

12. - Top - End - #102

Default @Admin Question 2 - Armand Uncarnate v0.35.02

Spoiler: Profile Pic
    Show

Note: The feat Leadership and all similar abilities have been disabled for this Closed Beta. Other, less impactful companions such as familiars and animal companions remain enabled.

See the dev note on Leadership and similar.

No, but the full lore of the game will be released soon.
    @Admin @Morcleon Understandable. May I keep the NPCs already accrued in the world and the lore I've built for them or will they revert to predefined behaviours when I log back in?

I look forward to seeing that.

A link to my plan sheet while I redevelop it: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1919583
    My modified build is an Elan, Psion(Dual Disciple)/Aegis(Aberrant)/Monk (Amalgam of Archetypes) 10, Psion Uncarnate/Elocator/Soulknife(Deadly Fist) 10.

Update: Mechanics are currently complete. Just patching, polishing, and rewriting notes to be more clear right now.
    I'm going to continue either way developing his bio when I get a response regarding the fate of possible NPCs.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-05-30 at 05:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

I'm currently working on a table to organize all of the applicants. If you link your sheet, I can put it into the table

Player Character Sheet Completion Status
    Drako_Beoulve Astrid Lightbringer WIP
    Anti-Eagle Armand Uncarnate WIP
    ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    Aegis013
    RoTWS
    Lix Lorn
    JNAProductions No name yet WIP
    Warlawk
    greenpotato Lord Bison WIP
    Quantumphear
    Stevesciguy Zak Firebrand WIP
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth
    Epinephrine_Syn Rachel WIP

Alright, got it finished, sorry if I missed anyone. If you want to add to the table, make sure you take it out of the quote first, so that we don't end up with several versions of the table

We already have 30 people who've posted interest, so even with a rather large party, spots will be tight.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-28 at 11:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    How much would the https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/ Sublime template be in LA?
    Do I need to ask for approval for any 3.5 content, or just that which I'm unsure of how the interactions may occur? I've got a character ready build-wise (assuming 3.5 content is allowed, and that Sublime is LA+5), but can easily change based on if I'm wrong about things.
    Forgot about Sublime, it will totally fit my theme.

ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    Aegis013
    RoTWS
    Lix Lorn
    Warlawk
    Quantumphear
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth

Will add table to first post
    Last edited by Drako_Beoulve; 2019-05-28 at 11:00 AM.
    3.99 Project, Trying to Improve the 3.5 version, current fixes:

- Soulknife Fix
    - Samurai Rework
    - Paladin Fix

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    So as said, I'm intending on making an Empath//Many As One//Agile ACF Radiant. As part of this, I have to pick eight parallel characters to be through my empath/many as one features! this is... a lot of work and choice, but it's the only way I can be completely true to myself in an isekai.
    (For clarity, the Many As One basically says "instead of changing your BAB/saves, each Aspect from your Empath levels gestalts with a different class", although they're only class level 16 instead of the full 20. This probably needs additional nerfs

The lore is going to be that I was playtesting an early-stage beta for the Parallellist class, which allows you to swap skillsets based on your parallel selves, which I was then placing in a parallel-track with empath and radiant. When I ISEKAI'd into it, though, the early, buggy code freaked out, so I end up getting, essentially, fused with versions of my many other characters - I am, clearly, an altoholic who's only barely gotten to max level.
    (side note: Parallellist is a real class I started coding for a video game once! ...I never got it working since it was, obviously, REALLY COMPLEX. It's time-themed, but idk how much of that fluff I can fit in here.)

Link to my main sheet, which will eventually link to sub-sheets.

Sub-sheets are intended to cover as many roles as possible.

Arcana Class Concept
    The Fool ToB Swordsage (Gunsage acf) Sneak sneak sneak BOOM BOOM KABOOM. trapfinder, rogue. sneak'n'alchemy'n'bullets.
    Empress Verdant (which I homebrewed specifically for this game and still need to make invocations for ahhh) Kindness and compassion. Healing, buffing.
    Emperor Feralist (ALSO homebrewed for this, but as a not-spellcaster it was faster/easier) Raised-by-wolves. Might-makes-right. Lore probably involved being linked to a specific other character who was their morality chain.
    Chariot (Path of War) Mystic Gonna go all in on buffing allies. Melee with buff focus. Warforged.
    Wheel of Fortune ?? honestly probably another initiator
    Temperance Draconic Adept A matriarch who's used to buffing her kobolds and minions.
    Devil Spellshaper of some kind?? Sleeby, serene, peaceful. Water/ice focused blaster.
    Judgement Something paladin-adjacent and ToB/PoW based TANK. Toughness, drawing aggro. A princess with a fortress theme.
    As you can see, it's... not quite finished. I haven't made all the decisions yet. xD
    And... lemme see there...
    Quote Originally Posted by IC
    Hey there devs! Just checking in so all my fans will see the answers too; can I confirm that the Radiant, Spellshaper, Draconic Adept, Feralist, Verdant, Gunsage, Tome of Radiance mods will still be working with the new update? I know that's a lot to ask, but you know I've got a lot of content to keep updated!
    (And the Parallellist... well, let's just say I'm hoping for an impressive opening night, wink wink!)
    Lixie "astralInferno" Lorn
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

@admin

My vigilante class has this ability.

Ancestral Weapon (Su)​ At 1st level, a mercurial duelist gains a masterwork weapon of their choice, and it must be one with which they could make an iaijutsu slash. This weapon is typically handed down through the mercurial duelistís family or given to them by a lord or mentor.Unlike a normal weapon, a mercurial duelist can enhance their ancestral weapon in a very specific fashion. A mercurial duelist can sacrifice an amount of gold or other valuable items as tribute equal to the cost of the enhancement they are attempting to add and spend 1 hour in meditation.

At the end of this hour, the mercurial duelist must make a Knowledge (nobility) check equal to the Spellcraft check they would normally need to make to enhance their weapon, being treated as though they possessed all spells needed for the enhancement and a caster level equal to their mercurial duelist level.If this check is successful, the tribute disappears, and the weapon is enhanced as it normally would be. If this check fails, the tribute remains, and the mercurial duelist must wait 1 day before attempting to enhance their weapon again. While an ancestral weapon can be enhanced normally, it is considered disrespectful to do so.

An ancestral weapon can also be reforged with a different material such as cold iron or adamantine in the same fashion, although the tribute must be composed entirely of the desired material.If the mercurial duelistís ancestral weapon is lost or destroyed, it can be replaced after 1 week in a special ritual that costs 200 gp per mercurial duelist level plus the cost of the masterwork weapon. This ritual takes 8 hours to complete. Weapons replaced in this way do not possess any of the additional enchantments of the previous ancestral weapon.

A mercurial duelist can designate an existing weapon as their new ancestral weapon as long as they could use it to make an iaijutsu slash. This functions in the same way as replacing a lost or destroyed weapon except that the new weapon retains its abilities while gaining the benefits and drawbacks of becoming an ancestral weapon.

This ability the 1st level social talent.
    Would I still be able to use this or do I lose it's benefits due to the precrafting patch?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

ptrcz09
    Heavenblade
    Gunhaven
    samduke Naomi WIP
    Nightraiderx
    JMS
    Aegis013
    RoTWS
    Lix Lorn
    Warlawk
    Quantumphear
    paradox26
    thethird
    Snowbluff
    Hellfire014
    Chromascope3D
    Scarlet Thirst
    Denomar
    redfeline
    Storyteller_Arc
    wantgame
    Thokk_Smash
    Suzune
    Jack_Simth

waiting for gm to make rulings to finalize my build

18. - Top - End - #108

Planetar

@Admin

requesting that the requirement for the constrict ability for final embrace's preq has to be a racial ability

EDIT-requesting that the requirment it is racial would be removed

also-are eidolon evolutions considered ''racial'' abilites?
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-28 at 03:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

I have several queries that I desire to be addressed, mainly about the Custom Archetype System.

To start off with, however, there is a complication that needs to be answered by the Admins: The difference between 3.5 Bardic Music, and Pathfinder Bardic Music.

Specifically. 3.5 Bards gain /Day uses of Bardic Music equal to their level in the Bard Class. Pathfinder Bardís however, gain 2+Charisma modifier rounds worth of Bardic Music per day, with an additional +2 per level in the Bard class. Now, this itself would not be an issue, as it simply means that a Pathfinder Bard has to be more cautious when using their Bardic Music and invest greater resources in stretching this smaller amount out. The issue, however, comes from 3.5 feats and items that allow you to expend /Day Bardic Music uses in order to activate different abilities.

Examples include Snowflake Wardance, a popular feat for a warrior bard from the 3.5 days. Chime of Harmonic Agony, which allows a single daily use of Bardic Music to inflict Sonic damage on their enemies. Or Lyric Spell, which sacrifices a characterís Bardic Music uses in order to gain extra spell slots. How do these abilities interact with the changed Pathfinder Bard Round-Per-Day mechanic? Considering the fact that a Pathfinder Bard gains twice as many rounds per day than a 3.5 Bard gains Daily uses of Bardic Music, simply allowing for a 1:1 ratio is a significant buff for the Pathfinder Bard if they seek to take these feats. At the same time, however, the Pathfinder Bard is significantly limited in the amount of time they can spend performing, compared to the 3.5 Bard, who can perform all day if necessary. In this light, the increased power of the 3.5 feats, seems like a fair trade-off for the decreased coverage of Bardic Music in a day.

On a similar vien, and hopefully one that is resolved in a much easier maner: Do 3.5 abilities that allow you to use Turn Undead uses to fuel feats nad magic items still work when using Channel Energy instead?

Next, there is a question of feats. Whilst many people are happy to hear that feats have been increased to one per level, allowing for a greater diverity in builds and customizations. There is still a lot of grumbling about feats that seem to serve little purpose and do not give the game much balance, and simply eat our precious feat slots. In particular, stable feats for martial characters such as Power Attack or Deadly Aim, full under often repeated feats that feel like they should be used for better purposes, but are too essential and powerful to ignore. One of the most popular and balanced methods to circunavigate this, is known as the 'Elephant in the Room Feat Taxes'. Is there a possiblty for the developers to consider implementing these changes to the game?

Keeping on the subject of feats, with such a significant upgrade to the number of feats allowed, on top of a third class track being opened up. Is the Variant Multiclassing system still in effect? Some might consider the system to be entirely useless, as the benefits gained from the Variant Multiclassing tended to be rather minor in the first place. Others, however, believe that facts to the doubling of the feats, the loss of feats required to use the Variant Multlciass System had been reduced, making it much more lucruative and opening up far more fleixiblity for builds than before. What is the Developers answer to this discussion?

Additionally. Is the Thaumurai class, from the popular creator, sirpercival, likely to see implementation into the game? Or at the very least for testing?

Now. On to the questions about the Custom Archetype System.

First. The primary recruiter for this beta-test has stated that the Custom Archetype System gives us one free archetype, that removes no class features from the base class, and acts as additional means of customization to the classí abilities. Is this actually true, or is this simply a rumour and a misunderstanding from the primary recruiter?

Second. Dreamscarred Pressí Path of War Expanded update, includes archetypes for both the original core classes, as well as the expended base classes, that allowed access to their Path of War system, through at a lowered rate compared to the actual classes utilizing their system. Examples include the Paladinís Knight Discipline, and the Rangerís Ambush Hunter. However. The class features for the maneuvers themselves are separated into 3, apparently distinct, class features: Maneuvers. Maneuvers Readied. And Stances. With only Stances being a replacement to the classes base abilities. Does this mean that a Paladin could theoretically pick up a Knightís Discipline Maneuvers and Maneuvers Readied class features, and not the Stanceís class feature, in order to retain access to their base class abilities?

Third. The Bard technically only has a singular class feature when it comes to their Bardic Music. However, some Archetypes, such as the Arcane Duelist, detail all of the changes they make to the Bardic Music and their replacement songs with a single Class feature. Other archetypes, however, such as the Juggler, do not change the Bardic Music class feature at all, but still affect what songs a Bard might be able to access.

Are classes that have Bardic Music as a single lasted class feature, such as the Arcane Duelist and the Savage Skald, incompatible entirely? Or do we treat each individual song from the Bardic Music class feature, as its own, unique class feature, allowing Bards to mix and match songs from across the different Archetypes in order to create their own, unique bardic music lists? The latter option comes across as being much more in the spirit of the purpose of the Custom Archetype System.

Fourth. A lot of classes allow for a significant degree of customization for users: Barbarianís have their Rage Powers. Rogueís have their Rogue Talents, and Alchemists have their Discoveries. To name but a few. However, of all these classes, there is one that stands unique in regards to their Archetype's interaction with this customization: The Vigilante. It is, as far as I can recall. The only class in the game that otherís custom talents to a wide variety of archetypes. The Brute class has Brute Talents. The Teisatsu has Teisatsu talents. And the Zealot has Zealot Talents. Technically, all of these talents alter the function of the Vigilante Talent class feature. However, they do not make any changes to the Vigilante Talent class feature at all: They simply give more options to a character who has picked up those talents. In the light of the implementation of the Custom Archetype System, is it not more in the spirit of the System to allow Vigilanteís to have full access to the talent pool across all of the archtypes? They are still limited in the number of Vigilante Talents they can have at the end of the day, and many of these talents would be ineffective to the Vigilante if they had not picked up the base ability of the archetype, the ability that most often replaces the Vigilanteís Specialization. So I do not believe that allowing this flexibility would be detrimental to the game. And if it ends up being determinental, is that not why the game is still in closed beta, so that such issues can be fixed before the full release?
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-28 at 05:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

So are we "stuck" in this world or can we log out?

edit: a hybrid game that played like normal pathfinder in the game and pathfinder modern in the "real world" or some other system like cyberpunk would be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Scarlet Thirst; 2019-05-28 at 05:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

I doublechecked, it turns out the word is 'flexible' and means 'anyone who can choose their spell list completely, ala wizard' and Incanter /specifically doesn't count/, neither does stuff like beguiler. But yes! Work work then.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suzune View Post
    I doublechecked, it turns out the word is 'flexible' and means 'anyone who can choose their spell list completely, ala wizard' and Incanter /specifically doesn't count/, neither does stuff like beguiler. But yes! Work work then.
    It also had a clarification: "While Bard is technically a flexible spellcaster, we intended for that limitation to apply to those with access to 9th level spells only."

So theoretically you're also good with Summoner, Hexblade, Paladin, Chameleon, and so on - at least, provided you don't use a 9th level spellcasting trick on one of 'em.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Respectfully bowing out. Happy gaming

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I ended up scrapping the water elemental power armor idea due to mechanical complexity. Just too much work on my end with all the rage and stat changing. I wanted something a little more straightforward to play, so I'm now building Sir Smite-A-Lot.

@Morcleon,
    1. With Extra Turning feat, it applies to all pools of turn attempts. The feat I'm looking to use numerous copies of, Extra Smiting, lacks the same clarifying language, but I wanted to know if I had two or more sources of smite (say Crusader's "Smite" and Paladin's "Smite Evil") would the feat increase the daily limit of both pools of Smite?

2. If I take Sapphire Smite feat to increase my daily limit of Smite feature, and then use an Essentia Helm at the beginning of the day to max invest without using my own essentia, will that give be the full benefit of the feat? Also will the feat affect all of my sources of Smite?
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-05-28 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

I'm thinking something simpler than I usually go for:

Oracle-20 (Shadow mystery, Mixing Dual-cursed and Spirit Guide)//Summoner(Synthesist)-20//Ghost-6/Chameleon-10/Hexblade-4
    - Supernatural abilities and antimagic being my biggest weaknesses.

Spoiler: Rules interactions questions
    Show
    :
    Shades says "This spell functions like shadow conjuration, except that it mimics conjuration spells of 8th level or lower" - whereas Greater Shadow Conjouration says "functions like shadow conjuration, except that it duplicates any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning) or conjuration (creation) spell of 6th level or lower" and Shadow Conjouration itself uses "an mimic any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning) or conjuration (creation) spell of 3rd level or lower" - is the lack of the class list and sub-schools an editing error, or is it deliberate boost to a 9th level spells (and thus, Shades can duplicate Heal if it needs to)?

Animal Ally specifies "as if you were a druid of your character level Ė3" - does that qualify as a class feature for the purposes of Boon Companion and other feats that specify similarly?

A Spirit Guide Oracle can select the Lore Spirit, and the Arcane Enlightenment Hex. The text fo that:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Arcane Enlightenment (Su): The shamanís native intelligence grants her the ability to tap into arcane lore. The shaman can add a number of spells from the sorcerer/wizard spell list equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum 1) to the list of shaman spells she can prepare. To cast these spells she must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spellís level, but the saving throw DCs of these spells are based on her Wisdom rather than Intelligence. When she casts these spells, they are treated as divine rather than arcane. Each time the shaman gains a level after taking this hex, she can choose to replace one of these spells for a new spell on the wizard/sorcerer spell list.
    ... and the Spirit Guide archetype replaces "Oracle" anywhere it would have "Shaman". Catch: Oracles don't prepare spells. How's this work? I can see three basic options:
    1) It doesn't. The Oracle doesn't prepare spells, so the hex has essentially no effect.
    2) The Oracle can prepare a number of their spontaneous slots for the purpose.
    3) They are treated as Spirit Magic Spells, and added to the Oracle's spells known for the day, and thus castable spontaneously.
    Also: Can I change out those spells on a daily basis by talking to a different lore spirit for that day?

Archetypes are intended as "Package deals", but we can now cut them up. Some of the features simply vanish; as an example, the Dual Cursed oracle's mystery skills go away. There's no listed benefit for it, they just go. Do we get to choose to skip that problem, does it become mandatory if we use anything from that sort of archetype, or something else?

Spoiler: 3pp requests
    Show

Spectres (and the associated (Greater) Shadow Necromancy spell from which it inherits)
    Shadow Terrain (and the Shadow Structure spell from which it inherits)
    Shadow Field

Also Voidkin(Sacred Study) from the Kitsune page.

Yes, I'm going for absolute flexibility (and decent defenses) rather than lots & lots of raw power.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-05-28 at 09:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why do I always see people trying to play ghost in these sort of games? What is the draw to being a ghost? It doesn't even make sense flavorwise why a ghost would be a player character.

Anyways @admin was the Trinity Knight being allowed? I wasn't sure if it was or not but I did see it being mentioned.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    Why do I always see people trying to play ghost in these sort of games? What is the draw to being a ghost? It doesn't even make sense flavorwise why a ghost would be a player character.

Anyways @admin was the Trinity Knight being allowed? I wasn't sure if it was or not but I did see it being mentioned.
    Multiprogression is but it only advances one thing. So Trinity Knight could advance one thing (math would probably be funky).
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

28. - Top - End - #118

It was not allowed. Dual progression classes are unavailable, although the Admin did allow someone to disregard the dual progression part of a prc so they could take it for the class features

29. - Top - End - #119

Color me boggled too, it seems very popular but has zero appeal for me. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    It was not allowed. Dual progression classes are unavailable, although the Admin did allow someone to disregard the dual progression part of a prc so they could take it for the class features
    Hmmm, I wonder if removing all the dual (triple) progression would make it simply advance one class of your choice, or if it would still be forced to use the awkward 1 of choice, then your lowest one etc. Thoughts @Admin?
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

@ admin: in the previous beta there was a bug where some times a thrown weapon would trigger the mixed assault talent and other times it would not. Will thrown weapons always trigger or never trigger the talent in the patch. Here is a link to the relevant talent.

Spoiler: Mixed assault
    Show
    "Mixed Assault
    Whenever you wield a melee weapon in one hand and a ranged weapon in the other, you donít provoke attacks of opportunity from firing or reloading while threatened. If you successfully attack two different creatures more than 5 ft. apart from each other in the same round you make an attack using the attack action, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on damage rolls against each creature until the end of your next turn; for every 5 base attack bonus you have, this bonus increases by +2."

edit: like would a pair of starknives work?

@all Just fyi I am making an Investigator // Conscript //Ninja
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-05-29 at 01:56 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing