The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

I am currently looking at making a Bard | Arcanist, using the Lost Tradition feat in order to create an all-charisma character. With a combination of Bardic Music and the Occultist Archtype's Summoning, this should be a rather effective support build.

Problem is, summoning alone tends to be a rather strong ability, and the fact that I will have incredibly strong Bardic Music abilities to back them up and make them even stronger... It makes me wonder if such a build might end up being too strong for this game.

Because of this, I'm starting to wonder whenever or not a single-strike build might be better. Hyper-focused on dealing a lot of damage with a single strike, most likely using the Iaijutsu Focus Skill, alongside the Iaijutsu Master Prestige class. Perhaps alongside the Duskblade as well, adding some metamagicked spell damage into the mix... But o erall, very much a glass-canon type build.
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-29 at 03:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DM & Players required for a Custom Tristalt PF.5 game in an Overlord-esque world

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Thirst View Post
    Why do I always see people trying to play ghost in these sort of games? What is the draw to being a ghost? It doesn't even make sense flavorwise why a ghost would be a player character.
    As to the first two questions (as they're really the same one)? I regularly have dreams wherein I can walk through walls, posses folks, and throw things around with my mind. While yes, there are other ways to do that, it just screams "ghost".
    From a mechanical perspective, it's a nice little package. Undead immunities, Cha to AC (also Fort saves and HP, in Pathfinder), boosted Charisma to go with that, incorporeality, and Rejuvination are handy. It's also a nice offensive package: a selection of at-will abilities (some of which are just close to at-will, but still); Pathfinder requires Corrupting Touch, but that's OK, as an at-will 1d6/level touch attack of a rare resistance type (aging) is handy.

As for the final question:
    With the default fluff, one might adventure to fulfill their final purpose. If the goal - whatever it is - requires travel to many exotic locations and/or finding something that could be just about anywhere (finding the fate of a lost child, perhaps), well... why wouldn't the ghost travel, if it can?
    But do keep in mind: Fluff is mutable. A ghost might be due to unfinished business... or it could be the result of a failed attempt at immortality (see the Moss Lich's failed ritual note), or it could be a successful attempt at deliberately researched immortality (if ghosthood is the expected result), or it could be someone who simply found the flesh tiring and shed it by force of will. There's no end to what you can do with fluff.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to also request Caustic Hunger

Since it was already asked for I'd also like to grab feats from The Warrior's Way

Knee Jerk
    Improved Knee Jerk
    Battle Nerves
    Intuitive Reaction
    Resolute Resilience
    Combat Meditation
    Zen Mastery

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Might as well also see what the CR would be for Mutant Creature just in case I need to go the template route to be something unnatural.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed this and I am absolutely all over it.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

Across a variety of hidden dimensions you are dismayed.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hi all, I’m thinking going with a holy warrior with build like monk/cleric/paladin or striker/Mageknight/sage from sphere of power. I’ m working on a sheet. Do we have more information about what kind of BG is needed, I mean. Where do we come from, what is this game? Is this something like the manga «*Half prince*», or maybe Hunter X Hunter, Tron?

7. - Top - End - #127

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

And without further ado, the Patch Notes![/SIZE][/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table]
    Aster "Morcleon" Islington

General Updates

Level Cap Raised
    As the first patch in this closed beta, we are raising the maximum player level from 20 to 30. This is in preparation for a future release that will be showcasing some new epic content. Note that existing characters will still remain at level 20.

Class Tracks Increased
    In addition to the level cap increase, we are adding another track to the Parallel Class System, from 2 to 3. This should allow for a greater degree of customization and alleviate a few of the concerns that some players were having about characters feeling too similar.

Gold Cap Removed
    Previously, each character could have a total of 880,000 gp in gold and equipment value. As we were still in the process of balancing some items, this limitation allowed us to play around with cost-effectiveness as balancing tool. However, with the level cap increase and the increasing complexity of both premade and player-made items, we have decided to remove the gold cap altogether.

Ability Score and Hit Point Generation Normalized
    We have decided to remove the random nature of ability score and hit point generation. Instead, ability scores will use a point buy system, while hit points will be at the maximum amount that could be randomly obtained. These changes are due to some of the imbalances that can happen early on through either exceptional or abysmal luck, which is not something we wish to encourage. All existing characters will also be changed to fit these standards, though all other bonuses will still apply. If, like us, you want to start theorycrafting immediately and play around with potential point buy arrays, HawthorneCircle has created a basic calculator here (Hint: characters will start with 25 points).

Homebrew System Released
    For the first time, players will be able to create their own content in-game! Despite the already massive content base this game has, there is always room for more and the developers only have so much time. Therefore, we will be taking player-submitted content and implementing the best ones. For the purposes of this selection process, "best" means that it is balanced to the existing content, fits the genre (sorry, no lightsabers or starships), and is well-made in general.

Races

Race Selection Limitation Removed
    Rejoice, children! We are lifting the restrictions on races set in previous patches. While in previous patches we were testing specific parts of our game, we now feel confident to allow full access to all races. Note that this still does not allow for playing monsters as characters. For a list of all of these previously restricted races, check out the wiki, maintained by players like you!

Level Adjustment System Update
    Level adjustments now only take one track of a Parallel Class, down from two. Due to our increase of Parallel Classes to three, continuing with this would unfairly punish those who have selected less-humanoid races.

Classes

Class Selection Limitation Removed
    Rejoice (again), children! We are lifting the restrictions on classes set in previous patches. This is for the same reason as the races. For a list of all of these previously restricted classes, check out the wiki.

Caster Class Limitation
    Due to the sheer power of casters, we are now limiting all characters to a single flexible casting class. These are classes like the [Wizard] and [Sorcerer] who have full choice over their spells prepared or spell lists. This change does not affect classes like the [Incanter] and [Beguiler], who use a different casting system or a fixed spell list, respectively.

Fractional Base Attack Bonus and Save Bonus
    As we see more and more characters multiclassing, we have realized that the current BAB and save system is outdated. Therefore, we have implemented a fractional version, where each level gives a fraction of one of these stats rather than +1 every few levels. Note that the initial +2 at the start of each class no longer applies for each class. For a more detailed explanation of how this system work, check out the wiki.

Archetype Unlocks
    Players may now select any feature from any archetype within each class, so long as all other conditions are satisfied (prerequisites met, feature being replaced hasn't already been replaced, etc). This changes comes as part our attempt to increase diversity and customization within the class system.

Feats and Skills

Skill Point Increase
    All classes with a Base Skill Point value of 2+Int now have 4+Int instead.

Retroactive Skill Points
    As a quality of life change, we are standardizing skill points so that increasing your Intelligence modifier increases your skill points for previous levels.

Feat Gain Increased
    As the size of our game grows, the number of feats grows as well. At the start, we had no idea that we would end up with the number of feats that we have today. However, we also realize that the feat system in place often requires a significant chunk of a character's allotted feats. Instead of reworking the entire feat system and forcing everyone to rebuild their characters, we're simply increasing the number of feats you get to one per level.

New Flaws Released
    In order to account for disadvantages that a character may have, we have released a large number of new flaws for character to take, now featuring more varied and diverse ones than the initial batch. Check out the wiki page for more details on these flaws.

Extra Flaws and Traits
    Players may now select 2 each of flaws and traits, up from 1 each. The release of so many new flaws means that characters may have several flaws that may fit and even synergize (un-synergize?) with each other.

Items

Item Stacking Tax Removed
    Enchanting a magic item with another enchantment no longer costs an additional 50%. This was done to promote creativity in item builds, as we have found that having more gold encourages players to use utility and non-stat boosting items more.

Character Creation Crafting Removed
    Taking crafting feats during character creation no longer allows you to craft items during character creation. This feature was giving casters and crafters an unfair advantage over their less artisanally talented counterparts.

Magic

Teleportation and Force Effects
    Due to the unforeseen strength of teleporting, all [Force] effects now block [Teleportation] effects. To prevent unrelated [Force] effects from affecting long-range teleports, there is a backend coverage-to-distance calculation that determines if a specific [Force] effect would affect a specific [Teleportation] effect.

Gate Limitations Changed
    [Gate]'s Planar Travel function now allows for transportation on the same plane. We realized that this limitation was overly restrictive and prevented a number of interesting uses with the spell.

Bugfixes and Minor Changes

• Sarrukh's Manipulate Form Ability has been removed pending balance changes.
    • Throwing an object now resets its velocity rather than adding to it.
    • [Szaronik the Despoiler] now devours players who attempt to cheat his riddles.
    • Crafting objects with no market value is no longer instantaneous.
    • Removed legacy alignment tags on most base classes and spells.
    • Fast Healing no longer prevents drowning.
    • Bard's Fascinate no longer increases targets' affection levels to maximum.
    • Casting Charm Person while standing in the center of Lantai's East Tower no longer teleports you underneath the world.
    • Reduced half-dragon spawn rate
    • Apples no longer smell and taste like sawdust.
    • Grass textures no longer clip into each other at a distance.

New Cosmetic Items

To celebrate the progress we've made so far, we've released a number of new cosmetic items in our store. These include a variety of glamours for armor, weapons, and magic items, as well as new spell, power, and maneuver effect skins!

As a thank you, all players in our original closed beta have a one-time opportunity to fit out one character with as many cosmetic items as they want for free. New players, and players wanting to outfit a second character, can find them in our in-game store.
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    Can I get a version of this as a standard big 16 please? I'd probably be interested in this but I honestly do not understand half of it from the format it is presented.

The effort is appreciated but many of the points are a little unclear to me.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2019-05-29 at 03:01 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    Can I get a version of this as a standard big 16 please? I'd probably be interested in this but I honestly do not understand half of it from the format it is presented.

The effort is appreciated but many of the points are a little unclear to me.
    Starting level 20, tristalt

Pathfinder, with 3.5 content allowed, and homebrew reviewed upon request. Dreamscarred Press and spheres allowed automatically

Starting gold 880,000

25 point buy, max health each level

One tier 1 or 2 flexible 9th level vancian casting class maximum

Templates need to be run by Admin for LA assignment

LA only takes up one side of your tristalt

All standard races allowed, no monstrous characters

You can pick and choose features from archetypes, still replacing things, but you don't have to take a whole archetype

Fractional bab and saves, get the +2 on good saves only once

Classes with 2+Int skills get boosted to 4+int

Feat every level

2 traits, 2 flaws

You can stack items onto each other without increasing costs

No pregame crafting
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-29 at 03:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    All standard races allowed, no monstrous characters

No pregame crafting
    I'm pretty sure those two are simply incorrect.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

@aDMin

I would like to request the coral knight I am only looking into grabbing the omninode, to recharge spell slots, so that might be a bit dirty.

Can I treat the personalized trick trait as an [any] trait, as opposed to a [psionic] trait? At this level there aren't many useful enhancements on the soulknife list
    Last edited by thethird; 2019-05-29 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    I'm pretty sure those two are simply incorrect.
    From Morcleons original post
    "Character Creation Crafting Removed
    Taking crafting feats during character creation no longer allows you to craft items during character creation. This feature was giving casters and crafters an unfair advantage over their less artisanally talented counterparts."

"Race Selection Limitation Removed
    Rejoice, children! We are lifting the restrictions on races set in previous patches. While in previous patches we were testing specific parts of our game, we now feel confident to allow full access to all races. Note that this still does not allow for playing monsters as characters. For a list of all of these previously restricted races, check out the wiki, maintained by players like you!"

Im not sure how to interpret those as anything other than 'No pregame crafting, all standard races."
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

12. - Top - End - #132

... So we can play as Vampires and Ghosts and Liches but not a Minatour or a Giant?

That makes perfect sense.

And I did not notice that pre-game crafting is denied. Considering the fact that we have 20 odd feats, I really don't see why either. Anyone with a caster level could pick up Magic Arms & Armour and Wonderous Item. Hell, anyone without a caster level can pick up Master Craftsman and those two feats. Its really not going to make a significant difference.

13. - Top - End - #133

... So we can play as Vampires and Ghosts and Liches but not a Minatour or a Giant?

And I did not notice that pre-game crafting is denied. Considering the fact that we have 20 odd feats, I really don't see why either. Anyone with a caster level could pick up Magic Arms & Armour and Wonderous Item. Hell, anyone without a caster level can pick up Master Craftsman and those two feats. Its really not going to make a significant difference.
    It does make a significant difference, since pregame crafting effectively doubles the amount of stuff you can get. If Morc wanted us to have that much stuff, they could've just doubled the starting gold

14. - Top - End - #134

First up, I agree with you at least a little bit about the precrafting. I would love to see a bit of a compromise. Perhaps players could precraft a single item of the appropriate type for each feat they take. That way their investment would have immediate benefit without just flat doubling starting WBL.

Second, and more important however... it's the DMs game. Don't like it, don't apply.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

15. - Top - End - #135

No need to be so rude about it, sheesh.

There's nothing wrong in questioning the DM's decisions, especially if you disagree with them. There's only an issue if you decide to make a big scene of it and keep arguing the point when the DM has ruled as a DM, that this is where the game is going. I haven't done anything like that at all. I've simply asked why pre-game crafting isn't allowed when the game is basically entirely set-up to encourage people to craft as much as they want.

As for why the DM simply wouldn't just double the price of gold we have if they want us to potentially have more gold than what has been given to us? Well for one, it does take feats. most people will likely have feats to spare, but it's possible they want to burn those feats for a different ability or build instead. Two, flavour. There are a lot more flavour and character building to be had if people actually created their items, rather than simply brought it. Heck, considering this is an MMO Game we're building our characters for, a crafting system makes considerably more sense than having a crafting system actively removed from the game. Third, focus. People could pick up one or two feats to increase the amount of WBL they have sure. Or they could pick up 5 or so feats and sky-rocket the amount of WBL they have at this stage in the game. Some might argue this leads to exceptionally powerful characters... but gold only goes so far in terms of character power. Trust me, I've made a character with insane crafting. Their crafting power only goes so far to power them up. Further crafting efficiency is simply showing off. Four. It's a game. An MMO game specifically. Characters who act as a primary crafter in a game like this just makes logical sense to me. High-level characters included, as they need to be able to get the high-level ore or herbs or whatever they gather. This is doubly so if there was some sort of guild system, where a guild only needs one dedicated crafter to get their guys decked out with strong loot.

For a mechanic and flavour standpoint, there is a lot more justification for pre-game crafting being allowed, than there is against it. And if the full-on WBL efficiency is a problem... just borrow the Pathfinder rules. One feat is a 25% WBL increase during character creation, and two feats is a 50% increase, and further feats don't give you any further WBL increase during character creation itself.

16. - Top - End - #136

No need to be so rude about it, sheesh.
    Exactly what part of telling you that if you don't like the rules for a game, you shouldn't apply for it is rude? Seems like common sense to me.

Making a productive suggestion and stating your case in counter to the DMs point is fine, that's mostly what you did in this second post, so good job. Complaining and criticizing without offering anything as you did in the first post is just inflammatory.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. Infighting aside, I'll wait for a bit more fluff before piling my requests on or coming up with a concrete character concept. I have an inkling of I'll want to play, but there's always that chance that Snow will produce an interesting sheet by then and I'll want to revise based on his ideas.

'lo guys.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

18. - Top - End - #138

I have an idea I'm working on for the edgiest of edgelords... because there's plenty of those in every MMO. Need to finish ironing out the mechanics though. Harbinger is edgier but Stalker is so much stronger mechanically.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

I want to make the chefiest of cooks just to be one of those players that has maxed the Cooking skill.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

20. - Top - End - #140

RedKnightGirl

I'll note that the item section also includes this.
    Spoiler: Item Stacking Tax Removed
    Show

Enchanting a magic item with another enchantment no longer costs an additional 50%. This was done to promote creativity in item builds, as we have found that having more gold encourages players to use utility and non-stat boosting items more.

Which suggests that while characters cannot 'create' items at character generation for significantly reduced cost, they are still able to 'purchase' mix-and-match items. Also, this stacking removal by default does give characters a decent amount of extra functional WBL, by making stat boosts no longer capped by item slots.

Personally I'm in favor of not having a "Feat tax" for crafting items myself, as I know that even with 1 feat per level I'm having to cut corners on which feats I want.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-05-29 at 07:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

I'm thinking my dude is a sort of sword scholar. Maybe he normally protects/forwards the goals of a big arcane/martial library, like some kind of... book-paladin.

Book-paladin is not a combination of words I'd ever thought I'd say type

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    I'll note that the item section also includes this.
    Spoiler: Item Stacking Tax Removed
    Show

Which suggests that while characters cannot 'create' items at character generation for significantly reduced cost, they are still able to 'purchase' mix-and-match items. Also, this stacking removal by default does give characters a decent amount of extra functional WBL, by making stat boosts no longer capped by item slots.

Personally I'm in favor of not having a "Feat tax" for crafting items myself, as I know that even with 1 feat per level I'm having to cut corners on which feats I want.
    If you want, I'll give you some of mine. With the way Grod's fighter works, I've got way too many of the things
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-29 at 07:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

What exactly are you building that'll need more than 20 feats?

23. - Top - End - #143

RedKnightGirl

I'm going for a Spellthief build (with only one actual level in spell thief, but the 'thematic' is there (I adore Reaving Dispel)). Sorcerer/Beguiler/Monk, with a compliment of dips and prestige classes. And I admit that it doesn't 'need' so much as 'would want' those feats. I can always tighten the belt more, but I'd be trimming muscle rather than fat.

(Tbh I have no idea if I'm overshooting or undershooting optimization levels, my plan is kind of to wait and get a better view of the character listing field, and tweak from that point)

Spoiler: Feat Taxes
    Show
    I'm going into Archmage, so that's 2 Spell Focus+1 Skill Focus. Sorcerer's my one tier 1-2 class and I'm using magic, so the casting for that+Beguiler's eating up about 10 Metamagic feats. Swiftblade requires Dodge and Mobility. I want the Fast Healer+Draconic Vigor combo, the former requires Diehard+Endurance (which I can get as a 2-for-1 with Unbreakable Fighter), and the latter requires Draconic Heritage (which also allows for ). To progress Spellthief casting I need the Master Spellthief feat.

I'd still truly want a couple more metamagic feats, a couple more feats to enhance spellcasting in general, Boon Companion for my lvl 17 animal companion to bring it up to 20, the eldritch heritage lines, reserve feats (notably Minor Shapeshift and Summon Elemental).

24. - Top - End - #144

I'm going for a Spellthief build (with only one actual level in spell thief, but the 'thematic' is there (I adore Reaving Dispel)). Sorcerer/Beguiler/Monk, with a compliment of dips and prestige classes. And I admit that it doesn't 'need' so much as 'would want' those feats. I can always tighten the belt more, but I'd be trimming muscle rather than fat.

(Tbh I have no idea if I'm overshooting or undershooting optimization levels, my plan is kind of to wait and get a better view of the character listing field, and tweak from that point)

Spoiler: Feat Taxes
    Show
    I'm going into Archmage, so that's 2 Spell Focus+1 Skill Focus. Sorcerer's my one tier 1-2 class and I'm using magic, so the casting for that+Beguiler's eating up about 10 Metamagic feats. Swiftblade requires Dodge and Mobility. I want the Fast Healer+Draconic Vigor combo, the former requires Diehard+Endurance (which I can get as a 2-for-1 with Unbreakable Fighter), and the latter requires Draconic Heritage (which also allows for ). To progress Spellthief casting I need the Master Spellthief feat.

I'd still truly want a couple more metamagic feats, a couple more feats to enhance spellcasting in general, Boon Companion for my lvl 17 animal companion to bring it up to 20, the eldritch heritage lines, reserve feats (notably Minor Shapeshift and Summon Elemental).
    Are you using 3.5 sorcerer or pathfinder sorcerer, and how many levels of it are you taking? The arcane bloodline Sorcerer gets spell focus as one of its possible bonus feats, so if you're taking enough levels of it, you could get some feats that way. Assuming, of course, you aren't already using Pathfinder sorcerer
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-29 at 08:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

RedKnightGirl

I'm using Pathfinder Sorcerer, and taking 15 levels of it. I know that's almost 100% suboptimal, but I've gotta cut it somewhere. I'm taking Fey (Sylvan) as the bloodline, early on deciding not to take Arcane as a bloodline because it kind of felt like the 'flavorless, most powerful' bloodline (though Shapechange-buffed Animal Companion'll still be pretty powerful). The two feats I'm squeezing out of that one are Mobility (requirement feat) and Improved Initiative (Not required, but super valuable, and better than anything else there).

Using Monk to get Dodge, and using Fighter to get Spring Attack (which translates to Any Feat I Want later on). Using Human Focused Study to get 3 Skill Focus feats, one of which will be Spellcraft for Archmage (the other two idk yet).
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-05-29 at 08:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

I'm using Pathfinder Sorcerer, and taking 15 levels of it. I know that's almost 100% suboptimal,
    Eh, who cares about optimization? At this level, unless you're actively trying to make a bad character, you'll probably kick ass. My character is an arcane caster in full plate, I had to use 9 levels of prestige classes to get the ASF down 20%, I need an enchantment on my armor to take it down another 10%(at level 21, I'll be taking a class that will let me apply the enchantment to any armor I attune to), and I couldn't get rid of that last 5% with class features, so I went with the next best thing - taking a feat to be able to craft my own armor with a modification that gets rid of that last 5%. Utterly suboptimal, but cool.

I think I would've taken more levels of basic Sorcerer if I hadn't needed to get the ASF down

early on deciding not to take Arcane as a bloodline because it kind of felt like the 'flavorless, most powerful' bloodline
    I took it purely because that's the bloodline the Sage Archetype applies to, and I need sage since I need my casting to key off intelligence, and I hate playing prepared casters like wizard
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-29 at 08:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, who cares about optimization? At this level, unless you're actively trying to make a bad character, you'll probably kick ass. My character is an arcane caster in full plate, I had to use 9 levels of prestige classes to get the ASF down 20%, I need an enchantment on my armor to take it down another 10%(at level 21, I'll be taking a class that will let me apply the enchantment to any armor I attune to), and I couldn't get rid of that last 5% with class features, so I went with the next best thing - taking a feat to be able to craft my own armor with a modification that gets rid of that last 5%. Utterly suboptimal, but cool.

I think I would've taken more levels of basic Sorcerer if I hadn't needed to get the ASF down

I took it purely because that's the bloodline the Sage Archetype applies to, and I need sage since I need my casting to key off intelligence, and I hate playing prepared casters like wizard
    Are you talking about Spellsword from Complete Warrior? because if not a 1 level dip gets you another 10%

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    Are you talking about Spellsword from Complete Warrior? because if not a 1 level dip gets you another 10%
    Yes, that is one of the classes I took. The other was Hell Knight Signifer 8.

Normally I'm against dipping, but I made an exception for this case
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-29 at 08:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Morcleon mentioned early on that you could take the lost traditions feat, from the Bastards and Bloodlines book. Changes your casting stat to the mental attribute of your choice.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear View Post
    Morcleon mentioned early on that you could take the lost traditions feat, from the Bastards and Bloodlines book. Changes your casting stat to the mental attribute of your choice.
    Wat.

You mean I didn't have to spend ages looking for a way to cast spontaneously with Int as my casting stat? Bleeeeegh

Well, what I've got now works pretty cohesively with the sword scholar book-paladin idea, so I'll just leave it as is