New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: All-New "Monster for Every Season" - Spring 2!

It's not a reference, it's literal. The previous four entries in this series were not all-new, because they had been released to the Kickstarter backers as part of the Kickstarter stretch goals. This set is 100% new, as no part of it has ever been seen before by anyone who doesn't live in my apartment. "All-New" is the easiest way to convey that sentiment in 7 characters or less.

Also, just in general, "all-new" is a marketing term that predates Marvel's use of it and continues to be deployed regularly. I just googled it and X-Men didn't show up until page 5 of the results.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, just in general, "all-new" is a marketing term that predates Marvel's use of it and continues to be deployed regularly. I just googled it and X-Men didn't show up until page 5 of the results.
    Thank you for the answer.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

So update, I tried the card-page storage trick, and it's working great! My local comic shop sells a variety of different sized card pages, and the 16-pocket pages are perfect for anything Medium or smaller, and even some Large creatures that are taller than they are wide. The 9-pocket pages work for most things above that, until you get up to the really big stuff, and then the 4-pocket pages do the trick. Being able to stack multiples of the same creature in the same pockets also really helps cut down on storage space, so instead of trying to cram multiple craft boxes into my bag along with all my books and worrying that I'm forgetting something I need for the session in a box I'm not bringing, now I've got everything at all times in one slim binder. A box of small paperclips is working perfectly for the bases, too.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vulsutyr View Post
    Does anyone know if we can use the minis from AMFES as avatars on this site, either in original form or edited?
    Here is what Rich had to say about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew on Twitter
    So I've had a few people ask me over the last week or two if they're allowed to use the AMFES monster miniatures in their gameplay videos/streams/whatever. Yes! Feel free. They exist to be used.
    Link

Grey Wolf
    (Thanks for linking the quote, Grey Wolf!)

Note my avatar for an example.

Thanks, Rich!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2019-06-19 at 01:32 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey, Rich! I have a request. I want to use Mimics in my campaign more, but the only AMFES version is the one that looks like a treasure chest. Rather than make a Mimic for multiple different items, do you think you could include a set of Mimic arms/eyes/mouths that we could cut out and then glue onto the minis you've already created (like the weapon racks or the cauldron for example)? That way we can customize the Mimics to our individual scenarios.

I love the work you've been doing on these and can't wait for the eventual next Season set!
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-07-04 at 08:19 PM.