New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Masks] Phoenix Academy: IC

Phoenix Academy
    Issue 1: Welcome Class of 2019

The panel starts with a beautiful shot of an Island just off the coast of the bustling impossible supertropolis that is Halcyon City. The island looks uninteresting, with naught but a small port and a couple of older buildings on it, covered with scenic trees.

But all is not what it seems, for as we go closer, like scales falling from the eyes, we see the truth of the island. It's filled with several impossibly constructed buildings, some twisting like vines or serpents, others built more precariously than a house of cards, while one has been roped down to prevent it's bulbous roof to float off like a hot air balloon.

This is Phoenix Academy, the school where young metahumans will be trained in their abilities, as well as everything they need in order to become the greatest of heroes.

Speaking of young metahumans, the panel shifts to what looks like a sports field, with the white paint outline seemingly set up for soccer. However, there is no soccer being played on this field.

The field is covered with scrap metal, much like a junkyard, while billowing heat comes from 3 large vats of smelting ore set up on one side of the pitch.

A tall figure stands on top of a hill of metal in the centre of the pitch, his arms stretched wide as he holds what looks like two gladius in his hands. The figure is covered in a twisted suit of iron, which scratches horribly against the ground as he moves.

"Bow down before the mighty Titan!" The figure yells out. "I have come to conquer the city of Halcyon!" He yells pointing at the city across the water. "If you do not heed my demands, I will sentence my hostages to a burning demise!" He points to the 3 large vats.

Over the vats are three floating cages, each containing a person trapped within.

"Oh heavens no!" A handsome man in the cage calls out, holding his head dramatically. "Who would ever think such a faith would befall Chuck Tonson, innocent lawyer slash journalist slash astronaut!" He calls out. "Won't anyone save poor Chuck Tonson, so he can return to report on the case of the lunar century that he is also prosecuting for?"

"Yes, will anyone save us all?" An attractive woman, with her hair in a bob cut and dressed in a smock calls out. "Who will get us out of these-actually really exquisitely designed cages, you have to really admire the architecture in here. Titan did you make these yourself-superb." She notes. Then she sees the glare Titan gives her. "I mean-HELP! HELP US!" She rattles on the cage.

In the third cage an older man in a lab coat, possibly in his 70s, is leaning against the bar, gently snoring.

"Ahem." 'Chuck Tonson' calls out. The man doesn't stir. "Ahem!" He says louder.

"Ah, no, you can't have my brain I need it for SCIENCE!" The older man yells out with a start. He then looks around. "How did I get here?"

"You have been captured by The Mighty Titan!" The large figure in metal calls out. "And you will all perish," The figure turns forward.

"Unless there are any brave wannabe heroes who think they can stop me, and rescue them in the next three minutes!"

The large scoreboard set up next to the pitch shows a timer for 3 minutes starts ticking down.

Who will save them?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Welcome to the game everyone. Post how you arrive on the pitch and what you all do.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2019-05-21 at 09:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks] Phoenix Academy: IC

This was it. This was the day. All her hard work, all her training, all her dedication - it all lead up to this moment.

She was going to prove she deserved to be here.

"The trail of breadcrumbs lead me to this," she said. "Mystery concealing justice! Take your true form! Sally Bitters, Saviour of the Universe!"

She tore away her brilliant red coat in one dramatic (and very practiced) gesture. It was no true magical girl transformation but it was what she had. Below, a sharp red, black and white bodysuit, a personally tailored and upgraded version of the track-and-field uniform. She let her legs tense and she broke into a run, heading directly towards Titan with no fear in her eyes. Her feet moved with expert, perfect smoothness over the junk metal, catching every angle perfectly as she ascended the hill.

"Secret attack!" she yelled, "Leaden Rain Justice Kick!"

[Directly Engage: 3. And we're off to the races.]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-05-21 at 09:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

As Anemone runs over to the nearest vat, her clothes seem to turn almost liquid and reshape themselves into her pastel red and white costume. She reaches out a hand to try and examine the vat psychometrically..... and then she sighs as nothing happens.

Asses the Situation: (2d6)[4]
    Yay potential?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-05-21 at 10:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Approaching the field Lagoon was bored, just he had been living here for a while before school started but he was dragged out for this opening ceremony thing. Seemed like a drag if he was being honest. But coming into the field he saw that something was up.

"Bow down before the mighty Titan!"

The Mighty Titan, Lagoon had heard of him before he was pretty sure he was a pretty big player in the super villain game and he had come to interrupt the opening event of the school. Seemed like the perfect way to send a message. Lagoon knew this would make him a star in the school if he took him down.

"Finally this is getting interesting, you lot try to free those three. I'll take the big guy." Lagoon said preparing to launch at the Mighty Titan.

As he does however he sees a girl in an admittedly brilliant red coat jumping in to fight the Mighty Titan. "Damn it should have been quicker, guess I'll go in anyway."

Spoiler: Directly Engage
    Show
    (2d6)[12]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally

Your Henshin style kick goes directly for Titan, striking firmly on his chest-and then an intense pain goes through your leg. It's like kicking a tank.

You fall on the floor, clutching your hurt leg while Titan looks at you dismissively.

"What are you even doing?" He notes, shaking his head. "That was the most pathetic, ill advised move I have ever seen."

Show
    That hurt. Both physically and emotionally. Take a potential and then roll to take a powerful blow.

When you take a powerful blow, roll + conditions
    marked. On a 10+, choose one.
    • you must remove yourself from the
    situation: flee, pass out, etc.
    • you lose control of yourself or your
    powers in a terrible way
    • two options from the 7-9 list
    On a 7-9, choose one.
    • you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate
    to foolhardy action or take advantage
    of your Influence to inflict a condition
    • you give ground; your opposition
    gets an opportunity
    • you struggle past the pain;
    mark two conditions
    On a miss, you stand strong. Mark potential as
    normal, and say how you weather the blow.

Lagoon

You come in swinging at Titan, sending a mighty punch that actually knocks him back a step. His metal twists like rusty gears as he lunges at you, grabbing your shoulders and brings you close, so his head is right next to his.

"Excellent punch." He whispers. "Form is a tad unpolished, but you definitely used your momentum right." He notes, sincerely impressed by your moves. "Now, put your arms up and get out of my grapple with a swift break." He advises.

You do so, and he steps back roaring full of anger.

"How dare you try and challenge the mighty Titan! Fear my wrath!" Sharp spikes of iron erupt from the ground, surrounding the terrain with 5 foot tall blades of metal. It's going to be difficult to move through these without getting cut.

Show
    He's impressed. He's also marked the 'Angry Condition'.

Ruby Host

You try and reach out to understand the vats your hands glowing with ruby energy, but either the distance is too far or your powers are just too weak to understand the vats, so the light sputters out.

"Boo! You suck!" A voice calls out. You turn to see the stands around you are full of students and faculty. Even some heroes, who've come to watch the opening ceremony of Phoenix Academy. Including the Ruby Shield-your mother. It's hard to see how she's feeling from this distance. (Is your mum wearing a full mask to cover her face, or like a domino mask/Captain America mask so you can see her mouth?)

You're not sure who yelled at you, but you get the feeling that a lot of the crowd is not impressed by your showing. Or are at least waiting to be impressed.

Show
    Not imposing a condition, but just letting you know eyes are on you. Judging you.

OOC: Rosie, Legion, X-celerate, what are you guys upto?
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2019-05-22 at 12:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

X-Celerate

X-celerate is nearly vibrating with anticipation as he approaches the field, distinctive grey-and-white suit and helmet obscuring his expression from anyone watching. This is the moment he's been waiting for, his first opportunity to show off his powers in front of everybody! As Iron Titan makes his delightfully hammy speech and introduces the scenario he settles down into a low crouch, the ready stance for a sprinter or football player, shakes his head, and waits. When the timer above the field starts counting down and Titan ends his speech, the speedy Hero-in-training... Does nothing, immediately, waiting to see how the others move. Two rush towards Titan, and before they've made it halfway across the field X-celerate blurs into motion, heading for the cages and vats. He gets there a few moments before Ruby Host, his speed more than making up for the head start his red-attired classmate built up, but while she focuses on the vats he jumps up to one of the cages, hanging from the metal bars with practiced ease, and examines the scene for any way to get them open... Or get them away from the vats of metal, if that proves difficult. When he hears the shouting of combat from the pitch proper, he quickly turns his head to take a look, then shouts "Good work, guys! Keep up the pressure!" and returns his focus to the cage.

Show

X-celerate succeeds at an Assess the Situation check, with an 8.

The question I'd like answered is: "What here can I use to get these people away from the vats of molten metal?"
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

X-celerate

You deftly move down the field, easily launching to the cage of the older man

"Whoa hey there!" The older man says startled. "I'm 60% certain that's real ore-" One of his pens falls out of his pocket and lands into the vat, disintegrating in the heat. "Make that 100% certain." He notes. "Also, why am I here again? This does not look like my lab."

Glancing at the cages you note they are being suspended above the vats by an invisible force, most likely telekenis of some kind or perhaps magnetism. There's no lock on the cages, or an obvious door, they are just cubes with iron bars.

Looking out on the field you see a lot of the scrap metal has been turned into the metal blades. However, about 20 feet (or just over 6 yards) away you notice wrapped around one of the blades is a long metal chain with a hook at the end-possibly once part of the crane of a pick-up truck. If you hooked a cage, you could probably pull the cages away from the vats to safety.

Show
    There's a chain with a hook nearby you can use. If you choose to use that to get the caged hostages away from the vats, you gain +1 to the roll.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Conditions - None

When she was told they'd be at the sports field in the morning, Rosie wasn't exactly sure what to expect. She hadn't really seen the point of athletics training for a while now, what with having mechanical limbs and everything. But the sight of the football pitch being turned into some kind of dystopian hellscape? That caught her attention. Her eyes flickered over the scene as she settled to a stop, taking in the three figures in cages, lingering a little longer over Miss Keller's, then up to the Iron Titan presiding over the scene like some abominable warlord, set to try and plunge his new world into anarchy.

Guessing at what the scenario would entail, Rosie hunkered down ready to run forward when given the signal. And then the ham-fisted acting started. She blinked, caught off guard by the unexpected touch. Glancing down to the ground with a grin as the situation grew progressively less serious. Recomposing herself as the countdown was announced, she glanced up to see Ruby, Sally, and Lagoon already racing forward. Giving a "Hmph." to herself, she began to run forward herself.

Ahead of her, she watched as Sally clanged off the Titan's chest, followed by Lagoon landing a right hook that actually sends him staggering back, before promptly getting caught in a circle of jagged metal. He had, however, made a little space between the pair and Sally. Hurriedly, Rosie offered a hand to Sally once she was close, hauling her to her feet if the hand was accepted. Giving a brief nod at the cages, she added "Get them down, I'll keep him busy."

Not waiting for a response, she continued on toward Titan. With a roar of challenge, she plunged a hand into the ground, tearing up a boulder-sized clump of the pitch and hurling it at the armoured figure. Using it as a screen, she barreled forward, ducking low and punching upward in an effort to wrong-foot him.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rolling to Direct Engage, and using 'In a China Shop' to cause significant damage to the pitch and get the 'Resist/Avoid blows' as my additional option;

(2D6+2)[10]

Edit - Will then also take his weapons from him, and create an opportunity for her allies. I forget if I have to tell you what said opportunity is.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-05-22 at 02:06 AM.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

X-celerate

X-celerate narrows his eyes as he spots the chain in the nearby pile of scrap, and a few moments later he comes up with a plan. He nods his head to the professor in the cage, his reassuring smile completely hidden behind the face-covering helmet he wears, and he quickly says, "No worries, Professor. We'll get you down in no time."

Seemingly unconcerned by the bubbling metal he's precariously hanging over, X-celerate leans over and points one arm at the hook and chain he spotted, keeping the other and both legs firmly lodged in the cage. "Hey, Ruby, there's a chain over there. If you toss me the hook, I can connect it to the cage!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Rosie

You go flying forward, your initial ground attack able to distract the Titan, allowing you to hit him hard enough he goes flying back several yards, going through several blades of metal, clearing a path, as his weapons are sent flying.

As he does however, one of his swords goes flying, just missing Ruby Host's head and stabbing into the vat under 'Chuck', causing the smelting metal to seep out forming a pool several yards wide. The entire ground under the cages are now too hot to walk on.

"Uh heroes?" Chuck says worried. "Are you sure that was the best move to rescue Chuck Tonson, innocent lawyer slash journalist slash astronaut?"

Titan rubs his jaw before turning back to look at the hostages.

"Oh, this doesn't look good." You hear him mutter. He then glances at someone in the stand before nodding slowly.

"I mean, BWAHAHAHAH! Foolish hero, you have played right into my plans! Now the hostages are in even more danger!" He says, running towards you.

Spoiler: Rosie OOC
    Show
    You've taken his swords away (and have one at hand if you want it) and there's a clear path without bladed steel for allies to use to run towards the cages. He's also gained the Insecure Condition.

However, you're collateral damage has made things a bit more dangerous for both the hostages and your other team mates.

Ruby Host The pool of hot metal is coming towards you at a fast rate. What do you do?

X-celerate you are somewhat safe as you are dangling from the cage, but you are definitely feeling the heat. However, the hot metal is approaching the hook chain earlier. If you don't get to it soon, the chain will be destroyed by the ore. What do you do?

OOC: Last to go is Legion. People can react, just don't do a move until Legion gets a chance.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Of all potential problems, "the ground is lava" is so childish in theme and non-problematic (in this situation anyway) for the Ruby Host that she barely manages to contain a laugh. While struggling to maintain her composure she simply hops onto the side of the vat and quickly scales up in a few seconds, hoping she'll have a clearer idea of what to do next by the time she reaches the top.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-05-22 at 03:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Lizardfolk

"Excellent punch." He whispers. "Form is a tad unpolished, but you definitely used your momentum right." He notes, sincerely impressed by your moves. "Now, put your arms up and get out of my grapple with a swift break." He advises.

Why did he say that? Lagoon thought he must be dealing with a very helpful super villain. Something seemed up but it was time to think about that he had a show to run.

As he was thinking someone was crashing through from behind toward him. But she had passed him and gone for Mighty Titan. Hang on a second he had seen he before when we had ganged up on some pig dude. "Hey good to see you see you again Rosie was it? I like your style" peering at the wreckage and mayhem caused behind her. Now that he was looking he had seen that stylish red coat before. "You both were there, well I'm looking forward to round two on this metal dude but I think I'll be wanting to take the lead on him." Readying for his next move.

Show
    This is just some banter while we wait for Legion

13. - Top - End - #13

Flumph

While the others began their assault on "Titan", Cassius ran forward with the rest of them. Instead of charging in to fight "Titan," Cassius settled into a grounded stance, and began to pull on the first cage (with the "lawyer-slash-journalist-slash-astronaut") with his telekinesis. He didn't need to get them too far - just far enough to where the molten ore wouldn't flow and hurt them.

He could have probably engaged "Titan" with psychic swords or brute strength, but their priority now was to get the caged victims out of the way of the fight.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion

Your careful telekinesis grips the cage and moves it to the side, depositing it over the white paint lines are for safety.

"Oh thank you brave hero for rescuing me, Chuck Tonson, innocent lawyer slash journalist slash astronaut!" Chuck calls out. "Now I will have time to defend those moon monks from the terror of corporate environmental greed-" Suddenly the cage opens up and Chuck falls out of the cage. "Ow! My hiney! Be careful kid!"

Except you weren't the one who did it. The cage, now just a series of warped pipes, lunge towards you, wrapping your body up like a mummy before lifting you into the air.

"You think I didn't notice you hero?" The Mighty Titan called out. "I am the master of iron, and while you may have freed one hostage, you yourself are now captured! Bwahahahaha!" He calls out.

Show
    You're restrained now and dangling 10 feet off the ground. However the team pool has increased to 3.

Everyone
    Team pool: 3

There are two hostages left. One vat of molten ore is leaking causing the area under the hostages to be too hot to touch. There are 2 vats remaining which aren't leaking.

X-celerate has noticed a cable with a hook nearby, but the molten ore has almost reached it. There's a path through the 5 foot tall metal blades to the hostages made by Rosie. What do you all do?

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Anyone can go now.

Spoiler: Sally
    Show
    Still waiting for a take a powerful blow roll from you.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Conditions - None

Rosie glances briefly to Lagoon, a faint look of confusion on her face. "... We're not taking turns, we just need to stop him."

Her attention rapidly shifts to the pooling molten metal, and then to the boy now caught in the cage. Whipping her head back to the Iron Titan, she frowned. If he was controlling the cage to catch her teammate, he was probably also keeping the other cages above the molten metal. So she couldn't just knock him out. Too risky. Her eyes flashed blue briefly, tactical data running over her pupils as she bent down and grabbed a handful of dirt. Hurling it at the Titan's helmet, she yelled out, "Hey! Let them free! If you do, I might even give you a head start!"

Seeing a hint of hesitation, she added "Hell, it's not like any of the rest have much of a chance of catching you if you do, right? I'm the only one here you've really gotta worry about."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rolling to Provoke (Looking to get Titan to let the hostages, including Legion, run free) - (2D6+1)[9]

Edit - Gonna go ahead and spend a team selfishly to bump that to a ten, shifting Mundane down and Superior up to do so.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-05-22 at 12:48 PM.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The Ruby Host frowns as the person she was going to try to save gets saved by Legion instead, forcing her to leap over to the next vat. Then she grins at Rosie's words. They would hopefully give her exactly the opportunity she needed.

She looks over at X-Celerate and points to the older man, herself now being on the vat underneath the woman. Hoping he gets the message that she's got this one covered she then proceeds to wait for Rosie's provocation to pay off and put herself and her shield between the falling woman and the vat of molten metal. She could have tried to time a last second rescue, which certainly would look more impressive but would also be more risky. And she was pretty sure she didn't want to get one of their teachers killed on the first day of school.

(If she does wind up falling into the vat, can we say she at least pushes the hostage onto the lip of the vat so they're not falling into it too?)

Defend: (2d6+2)[8]
    Exposing myself to danger or Escalate the situation both work. Or rather, whichever would lead to this post making more sense.

Is this enough help to give 1 Team to X-celerate if he needs it?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-05-22 at 01:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Flumph

Cassius' grin turned to shock as soon the cage opened up. He didn't do that. But he didn't have time to be shocked. Before he could try to defend himself telekinetically, he was wrapped up by the metal of the cage. Cassius struggled, doing his best to try and tear free of the prison.

He could escape. He could do it - it'd just require pushing a little bit past his limits. It wouldn't be hard, pushing himself just a bit further into his pow-

Ȩ̷̶̀ ̵̨҉M͘͡ ̀͢҉͠B̛҉̸͝ ̴̸̸̛͜R̶̷͠͡ ̶̛̛͟À̛ ̷҉͝͞C̶̛͞ ́҉E͟҉̶̨̡͘͝҉̵ W̷̢͡ ̸̵̴͡Á͞͡ ̶̴҉Ŕ̀͡͠

Cassius stopped. The thought had flickered through his mind for a moment, and it filled him with awe and terror. But he couldn't do that here. Not yet. He'd need to figure out another way to get out of there...

Show
    Missed on the unleash powers move.
    Last edited by OutOfThyme; 2019-05-22 at 01:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Rosie and Legion

Titan stared at Rosie incredulously.

"A head start I don't think you are in any position to make demands girl." He clenches his fist. "My grip is still as strong as IRON!"

Legion, as you struggle with your internal query, you suddenly find yourself flung through the air heading straight at your team mate Rosie. Both of you tumble to the ground, until you find the metal bands that once surrounded only Legion now tightly restrains both of you. Face to face.

Spoiler: Rosie
    Show
    He is not susceptible to the words you spoke. He's not scared of you and you did not give him a reason to free the hostages. Besides he does not think you are the biggest threat to him.

You're labes have still been moved because you were so selfish, although in the future, please state how your actions are selfish before you shift your labels.

Spoiler: Legion
    Show
    You're basically nose to nose with Rosie. When was the last time you were this close to a girl? What was her name?

Ruby Host
    With incredible agility and flexibility, you stretch yourself over the vat, while using your shield to knock the cage with incredible force, sending the cage tumbling out of the pitch, safely next to the stands.

"Oh my that was a bumpy ride!" The woman in the cage notes with a laugh. "Like playing bumper carts. I kind of want to go again!"

As you stretch over the vat, you glance up and see your mother. While hr expression doesn't change, you see her clearly nod at you-was that approval?

As you think that, your arch back momentarily slackens and a bubble of the hot ore beneath you laps against your back, causing you incredibly pain. You definitely are going to have severe burns and if not for the fact your Host was clinging onto the sides for dear life, you would certainly have fallen in.

Spoiler: Ruby Host
    Show
    You have a severe burn on your back. Even if you had a healing factor, which I don't think you do, you would still be feeling this burn for at least the rest of the fight. Regardless, you are going to need medical attention before you are going to have full mobility restored.

How does your Host let you know it's in pain? Also, it's not vulnerable to anything is it, such as heat or fire is it-or does Ruby just not know?

Spoiler: Team Pool 3
    Show
    Start: 3
    -1 Rosie Selfishly
    +1 Ruby Host defending
    End: 3
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2019-05-22 at 02:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The Ruby Host yelps in pain as even through the dulled sense of shared pain coming from the symbiote there cuts through her own body's actual pain as the parts of the suit covered in molten metal drop off too damage to continue to function and to get the hot metal away from the rest of her.

As the suit slowly closes back up over her burned back, she moves via the suit pulling itself along the surface in a way that just makes it seem like she's sliding up the vat in a weirdly rigid position until she's standing so that she doesn't have to do a lot of painful bending at the moment.

"That didn't go at all like we were expecting did it?"
    she thinks to herself. "At least I'm not getting booed anymore." this thought having a bit of a bitter note since trading boos for burns wasn't really an improvement.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Sally

Your Henshin style kick goes directly for Titan, striking firmly on his chest-and then an intense pain goes through your leg. It's like kicking a tank.

You fall on the floor, clutching your hurt leg while Titan looks at you dismissively.

"What are you even doing?" He notes, shaking his head. "That was the most pathetic, ill advised move I have ever seen."

Show
    That hurt. Both physically and emotionally. Take a potential and then roll to take a powerful blow.

When you take a powerful blow, roll + conditions
    marked. On a 10+, choose one.
    • you must remove yourself from the
    situation: flee, pass out, etc.
    • you lose control of yourself or your
    powers in a terrible way
    • two options from the 7-9 list
    On a 7-9, choose one.
    • you lash out verbally: provoke a teammate
    to foolhardy action or take advantage
    of your Influence to inflict a condition
    • you give ground; your opposition
    gets an opportunity
    • you struggle past the pain;
    mark two conditions
    On a miss, you stand strong. Mark potential as
    normal, and say how you weather the blow.
    [Take a powerful blow: 10; taken out of the fight]

"Ow ow ow ow ow," Sally whimpered once she had finished rolling down the pile of junk. Had she just broken her ankle? She was like ninety percent sure that she had just broken her ankle.

"Hey Sally," said Moonwolf, appearing above her. "Nice kick."

"Owiessssss," said Sally, eyes watering.

"At least you got it over with quickly," said Moonwolf. "What was that you called the move?"

"... leaden rain justice kick," she mumbled.

"Were you up all night watching anime again?"

"I also practiced!" she protested. "I practiced while watching. Shut up, don't give me guff for not having style, have you seen Mr. Titan's acting?"

"Yeah, I saw it while he took you out - literally - without lifting a finger," said Moonwolf, then bit Sally's collar and started dragging her away out of the field.

"Shut up," grumbled Sally, which Moonwolf did because he had his mouth full. "I'll get him next time."
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-05-22 at 05:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Lizardfolk

Then Legion comes knocking through and both him and Rosie got tied up. Sally had been knocked out of the fight also. Lagoon let out as hearty laugh not poking fun at anyone but more out of the absurdity of the situation. "Glad to see you could show up bro" talking to Legion "but I have to admit I was expecting a little more."

"Never the less looks like it up to me, lets turn it up a notch." Lagoon said as he used his illusions to create a multicolored light display. Not for any combat advantage but just to look cool.

"Hey awfully nice metal dude you seem pretty cool but your also a big villain and I've already put to much in to this. So but sorry I'm going to have to take you out". Lagoon went in for a roundhouse kick on the Mighty Titans head.

Spoiler: Legion
    Show
    I know Legion already from us both staying here before school started where we committed the stunt

Spoiler: Directly Engage
    Show
    (2d6)[8]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

X-celerate

The young helmeted Hero looks at Ruby Host in confusion for a moment. Why isn't she going for the chain? Oh, I guess she must have a plan and wants me to deal with this alone. He looks down at the chain and the molten metal oozing towards it, considering. This might require some fancy acrobatics... He grins under his helmet, not that anyone would be able to see, and quietly whispers to himself, "This... Is going to be awesome."

X-celebrate bends his legs up against his chest, makes sure he has a good grip on the cage, then... Pushes off like an uncoiling spring, jumping farther and faster than should be remotely possible given the limited amount of leverage he should be dealing with. He gracefully flips over backwards, covering nearly twenty feet to near the edge of the expanding pool of cooling metal, lands briefly on top of a piece of scrap metal that's only just beginning to turn into an island in the red-hot liquid, and then cartwheels away, landing right beside the chain with a quick shoulder roll, ending up in a static crouch mere seconds after launching off the cage. He winces slightly as he picks up the chain by the non-hooked end. "Guh. Hot. I guess I probably don't get a second shot at this..."

Hefting the chain, he begins to spin it, faster and faster, then with a mighty heave throws the hook as hard as he can towards the last remaining cage hanging above the metal, noting with approval that Ruby Host seems to have rescued her own target even as he makes his throw. With any luck, the chain will hook right on to the cage and he can simply drag the last hostage out of the field without needing to worry about that hot, encroaching pool of metal...

Show

X-celerate is using the chain to try to rescue the old Professor. Of course, if he misses his throw, the chain probably isn't going to be too useful after being engulfed in molten metal...

(2d6+1)[9]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The Ruby Host sees that X-celerate is dangerously close to stepping into the molten metal and whips her shield down right in front of him where it forces the flow to redirect to either side around him for at least a few moment more. As it does she can feel the distant ache of the material around the psychic shield burn away, but not enough of it that it effects the integrity of the now exposing glowing ruby red shield underneath. Not yet anyway. But she's sure a second or two more is all he needs.

Spending 1 Team on X-celerate's last roll to get him to a 10.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagoon

Your roundhouse kick hits Titan solidly with a mighty clang, as he leans to the side from the impact-it looks like you dented the metal.

"Impressive roundhouse kick-Karate style?" He notes. "However, I would have recommended the Thai Style Roundhouse kick, where you follow through with the kick as if you are trying to go through your opponent. Like so."

Then with a flexibility you did not think possible in his suit of armor, his leg snaps forward, hitting you solidly in the side, before sending you flying into the stands. He audibly winces.

Spoiler: Lagoon
    Show
    Roll to take a powerful blow. He's marked Guilty, cause he feels bad about kicking you so hard.

Rosie and Legion

"Hope the kid's alright. He's the only decent fighter in this group." Titan whispers, but loud enough for Rosie to hear.
    Spoiler: Rosie
    Show
    He's basically said you are not a good fighter, unintentionally using his influence on you to shift your labels. Danger down, Mundane up. To you accept, or roll to reject?

Both of you feel the chain around you slacken, as if he's not paying close attention to it anymore. Lagoon's given you an opportunity to break free and attack.

What do you do?

X-celerate and Ruby Host

X-celerate, protected by Ruby's shield, is easily able to move the cage of the old man off the pitch to safely. You look to see if he's ok, but it seems he's fallen back asleep.

The timer on the scoreboard stops. It reads 12 seconds remaining.

"Hostages have been rescued. Heroes are successful." A commanding voice calls out. You see the speaker is Principle Hellbinder, whose voice somehow carries all the way from the stands unassisted by any obvious speaker system.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Gonna give Legion and Rosie a chance to escape/hit Titan if they want to, before I call this. But well done heroes!

Sally

As you are dragged away, you notice inch tall green aliens with wings buzzing by your head, one carrying a microphone and the other a camera. One is speaking, but you can't understand a word they're saying, but they seem to be looking in your direction.

Meanwhile in a galaxy far but not that far away

In a dingy cantina, filled with all manner of scum and villainy, a decrepit green flatscreen flickers in the corner on the wall showing a news report.

"This is Fly=Wrzp news reporting from Earth, and Oh. My. Glorp. As you can see, Sally Biter the Savior of the Universe, has just been taken out of her first fight in her new school Phoenix Academy. Here's the action again in slow motion." A frame by frame playback of Sally doing her henshin kick, before hitting Titan and landing hard in pain, before she's dragged away by her talking dog.

"This is a disappointing showing, and certainly would make anyone defeated by her in the past seem quite pathetic in comparison. It makes you wonder if you could even consider them a real threat-" A bottle goes flying and smashes the flatscreen.

Every eyestalk in the cantina turns to an armored figure who had thrown the bottle. He was dressed in what was once resplendent Powered Armor, but now it looked old and unmaintained. His mask was resting by his side, and alcohol dripped off his silvery grey beard.

"Give me my keys." He commanded. The feathery barkeeper rubbed her four arms nervously.

"I'm not sure you're suitable to drive. Maybe I should call you a Rick-Star-"

"I WILL NOT ASK TWICE!" The armored man slams his fist on the table. The barkeeper squarks and tosses him his keys.

The armored man picks up his helmet and a large hammer by his side.

"Give me a burbon for the road." He states firmly as he slams his helmet on. "It's a long ride to Earth."

Spoiler: He is coming
    Show
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2019-05-22 at 11:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Lizardfolk

Lagoon had thought he would have taken out the Mighty Titan but as a leg slammed into his torso he was horribly corrected. Sent flying it felt as if his innards were being rearranged by the blow, looking back at Legion and Rosie being free he gave a cocky smile at least he achieved what he wanted to.

"Hostages have been rescued. Heroes are successful." A commanding voice calls out. You see the speaker is Principle Hellbinder, whose voice somehow carries all the way from the stands unassisted by any obvious speaker system.

Lagoon had just realized that it was just a showing, he saw the crowd and who the rescued 'captives' actually were. "At least I put on a good show heh"

Spoiler: Take a powerful blow
    Show
    (2d6)[4]

26. - Top - End - #26

Lizardfolk

Lagoon managed to land safely from the blow, I didn't look like he had taken any serious damage.

Standing up he smiled and waved for the crowd, he didn't realize it was all just a presentation but he would roll with it.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagoon

Spoiler: Take a Powerful Blow result
    Show
    Nice, you can walk off the hit without taking a condition. Whether you still want medical attention is up to you the player. You also get a point of potential.

"Are you alright?" You turn to see a young girl with curly red hair looking at you concerned. She is dressed in the Phoenix Academy uniform, but looks a bit younger than you, maybe a year or two. She also seems a bit familiar, but you are pretty sure you've never met her before.

"I can't believe you actually dented Titan's armor like that." She admits. "You were, like, really awesome." She says, twirling her hair a bit.

What do you do?

EDIT: You can edit your reaction to a move into your old post rather than double post, it's quite alright.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2019-05-22 at 11:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Lizardfolk

Show
    Yeah I added the point but damn I wasn't expecting rolls like that haha. Also I heard that if you edit a post with rolls it sort of breaks them so I went for the double post but I'll test that on the OOC board and do it in future.

The kick had still hurt Lagoon incredibly badly it may have been in his interest to go see medical attention. But it could wait for a while he didn't want to look weak in front of the crowd.

"I can't believe you actually dented Titan's armor like that." She admits. "You were, like, really awesome." She says, twirling her hair a bit.

"Oh you know it" Lagoon said giving the girl a wink "but I think you better help the others out they seem like they could be in pretty bad shape."

"I'll just stay here and catch my, ergh, breath." Lagoon had tried to hide the grunt of pain as a second wave of it washed over him. Hopefully he had hidden it well enough.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Sally

As you are dragged away, you notice inch tall green aliens with wings buzzing by your head, one carrying a microphone and the other a camera. One is speaking, but you can't understand a word they're saying, but they seem to be looking in your direction.
    Fly=Wrzp didn't register much on Sally's radar these days. She'd already cracked that case. She'd already been to Rigel-44, unravelled the Cosmos Conspiracy and proved definitively that it was only the Aztec pyramids that had been inspired by aliens and the Egyptian ones were just boring old Earth architecture. Her presence was just one note in the constant buzz of background weirdness that surrounded her at all times.

"She's trash talking you," Moonwolf informed her helpfully. He'd learned to speak GalStandardV4 fluently, of course - his one claim to fame was the ability to talk, and 'talking dog who only speaks one backwater planet language' didn't get you very far when you started interacting with galactic society.

"Yeah, I know," grumbled Sally, snagging her coat with her good foot as she was dragged past it.

"You don't want to make a statement for the cameras?" said Moonwolf.

"I've had my butt kicked in training every day for weeks now," said Sally. "I can't PR spin my way out of that." She aerobically flipped to get her coat back on just so she could stuff her hands resentfully in her pockets, and remained such until she reached the first aid station.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-05-23 at 12:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

X-celerate

With a last gasp of effort, X-celerate hauls the final cage across the line and ends the exercise. He takes a moment to relax, letting out a long breath, then turns around and pumps a fist in the air. "Yeah! That was great! Thanks for the assist, Ruby. You killed it out there!" He walks over to his slightly more injured compatriot, holding up his hand in the time-honoured and universal gesture that indicates he would like to high-five. The fact that not everybody seems to have had quite as easy a time with the exercise as he did seems to have near-completely escaped him.

Show

Waiting on Ramsus responding to the prospective high-five before continuing, but Jason has stuff to say to the rest of the team, too. Except maybe Sally, since she's both in a funk and rapidly exiting the scene.