The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 688
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default (IC) Spreadsheet Inputs

    The ship is apparently dual registered.

    The Western Common lettering reads Dusk Treader but the Eastern pidgin picto-characters read Kobayashi Maru.

    The ship is flying the flag of Midway Island. Obviously a flag of convenience.

    Two men introduce themselves as the captains first officers. Johnson and Chin Li (Lee?). Apparently they swap roles depending on which port they are in.

    They usher you below into the hold. Near the back they have curtained off space for you and have provided a mix of food. Cheese, raw fish, bread, fruit, and a bag of oats. They seem to be guessing.

    The crew is a mix of westeners, easterners, and inbetweeners. They keep their distance and don't seem to know what to make of you.

    The ship is pulled out of port, and sets sail along the coast for the next port where others will be joining you.

    You have time to introduce yourselves.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-07-09 at 08:32 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Spoiler: Tam meldshaper info
    Show
    8 melds, 8 essentia, 2 binds to crown/feet/hands/totem:
    Crystal helm, 2 essentia, +2 resistance to Will vs charm/compulsion, +2 deflection AC
    Urskan greaves, 0 essentia, icewalk ; BOUND TO FEET, no benefit without essentia
    Sphinx claws, 2 essentia, +3 competence to Strength checks and Strength skill checks
    Girallon arms, 0 essentia, +2 competence to grapple and Climb checks ; BOUND TO TOTEM, four natural weapons at +0 enhancement atk/dmg
    Blink shirt, 0 essentia, dimdoor 10' as standard action
    Pauldrons of health, 2 essentia, immunity to sickened/naus/disease, +2 enhancement Fortitude
    Dissolving spittle, 0 essentia, may make 30' ranged touch attacks for 1d6 acid
    Wormtail belt, 2 essentia, +4 enhancement natural armor

    Spoiler: Ratling meldshaper info
    Show
    6 melds (one expanded capacity), 4 essentia, 1 bind to crown and 1 bind to totem:
    Shedu crown, 1 essentia, immune to bull rush, +1 save vs mind-affecting ; BOUND TO CROWN, telepathy 100'
    Kraken mantle, 0 essentia, +8 competence Swim, swim 40' as full-round or 20' as move ; BOUND TO TOTEM, waterbreathing
    Sighting gloves, 1 essentia, +2 insight ranged weapon damage
    Blink shirt, expanded capacity, 2 essentia, dimdoor 30' as standard action
    Kruthik claws, 0 essentia, +4 Hide and Move Silently
    Wormtail belt, 0 essentia, +2 enhancement to natural armor



    The odd-minded draco-monkey-man Tam sits with his legs and dragon tail wrapped around a bag of oats, grinning and tossing grains in the air to catch them in his mouth. He misses most of the time but shows no dismay, and he chews with gusto the few he does catch. He's simply having a good time, unlike his ratgirl companion who tries her best to keep close at hand, to protect him (from both himself and external threats).

    The pair arrived in town some months ago with the subtlety of a typhoon and the grace of a cow on roller skates. While they've generally been kind, helpful, and fascinating, few will shed a tear that their weirdness will be leaving the city. Particularly given the nature of the mission -- fight fire with fire, and fight foreign strangeness with foreign strangeness.

    "Master Tam, you're making a mess," the ratgirl complains. One nearby sailor mutters to another, "So, what's new?" and the second snickers uncharitably.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-05-26 at 04:33 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Harrumph. I'm rather quite certain that miscreant knew the bag of oats was for everyone being hired to go on a dangerous mission."

    Using what he assumes to be an indoor voice, a bombastic and rather overfed looking raven waddles in a semi-circle back and forth around the person he's talking to, a sleepy eyed but wiry bodied girl wearing a dark blue peasant's tunic and various bands over her limbs, as well as a suspicious looking amulet shaped like a horse collar. She's setting cross legged in a meditative pose, ignoring the fat bird's literal walking over her as he mutters indignations. She barely opens her eyes.

    "I'm not hungry 'Master' Pitch, though I'm flattered you care so much for my nutrition. Why not play a game of go or something to pass the time instead?"

    "A game? Well, I suppose, but you'd better step up, my dear Natsu, I would rather fancy a challenge of my intellect before our mission begins..." he says, continuing to pace and passive aggressively attempt to shame the monkey-man.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "A miscreant? Where?!" Tam spins as he gets up to look behind himself, knocking over the bag and spraying a fan of oats onto the Kobayashi Treader's treated deck; the ratgirl groans. Tam completes his turn and examines the mess. "Ah. I see the miscreant must have gotten behind me. Quick little buggers. Miss Chief, turn a hand here." He seems to be poking fun -- at both himself and his accuser.

    As the ratgirl cleans up his mess, Tam approaches the raven, a few oats in his palm as a peace offering. "How do you do, Sir Corvus. Tell me, are you hengeyokai? Birds who speak are held as myth here."
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The ship starts to sway and bounce stronger than before. It looks like you are heading into bad weather.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Natsu seems indifferent to Mr. Miscreant, closing her eyes and seemingly nodding off in spite of the ship swaying a bit more. She's been through worse, apparently.

    Pitch, however, narrows his eyes and jabs at an oat seed or two with a spiteful peck, before launching into a new tirade.

    "Mythic, indeed! I am no hengeyokai, but a powerful! Magnificent, Astounding--

    "Humble."

    "Quiet, Natsu. Anyway! Look upon me with awe, Sir Simian, for I am a powerful wizard crow. Perhaps THE most powerful wizard crow in existence! Natsu is my porter. She--and I were sent forth on a very important mission and I won't have you making such a mess! Here I was about to gather my wits and play a game of go when your hedonism distracted me! Now, what are you going to do about it, hmmm????"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The pitching and yawning continues to increase making Go more difficult or easier to cheat at as the pieces slide around the board.

    *SPLOT* goes the deck above. *SPLOT*...*SPLA-LOT*

    The confused screams and panicked shouts of sailors carry though the decking. The ship feels like it is...spinning?

    Running foot falls...The cabin boy opens your curtain, steps though, closes it behind him, hides behind the bag of oats. "m..m..m..mon..mom..st.st..t.sters" he fearfully stutters.

    You only have time to look to each other when the curtain violently parts.


    https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Grindylow (url if the link won't work)

    The halfling sized goblin squid thing screeches at you, but cuts off mid-screech when it catches sight of the dragonborne.

    "Hrurmmm?" The creature ***** its head in confusion. Edit: ***** is , in this case meaning 'to tilt'.

    (no initiative, Role play or rollplay to bash it.)
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-26 at 08:00 AM. Reason: that is the dumbest word to censor on a forum with guns and crossbows.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Both the bird and his woman companion act in an instant.

    Natsu rolls up and pulling a staff from a quiver on her back (a weapon too long to normally fit into it) just launches herself at the octo-goblinoid thing and tries whacking it around before it gets any more ideas about assaulting crew or passengers.

    Pitch... scrams. For a fat bird he sure can move fast when he wants to...

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show


    Natsu:
    Tumble check to get next to this...thing... and attack without drawing an AoO-(1d20+11)[29]
    Attacks (1d20+5)[19] (1d20+5)[9]

    Damages: (1d6+3)[8](1d6+1)[7]

    Pitch:
    He up and hides: (1d20+18)[27]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Spoiler: Tam meldshaper info
    Show
    8 melds, 8 essentia, 2 binds to crown/feet/hands/totem:
    Crystal helm, 2 essentia, +2 resistance to Will vs charm/compulsion, +2 deflection AC
    Urskan greaves, 2 essentia, icewalk ; BOUND TO FEET, +2d4 damage on charge attacks
    Sphinx claws, 0 essentia, +1 competence to Strength checks and Strength skill checks
    Girallon arms, 3 essentia, +2 competence to grapple and Climb checks ; BOUND TO TOTEM, four natural weapons at +0 enhancement atk/dmg
    Blink shirt, 0 essentia, dimdoor 10' as standard action
    Pauldrons of health, 0 essentia, immunity to sickened/naus/disease, no further benefit without essentia
    Dissolving spittle, 0 essentia, may make 30' ranged touch attacks for 1d6 acid
    Wormtail belt, 1 essentia, +3 enhancement natural armor

    Spoiler: Ratling meldshaper info
    Show
    6 melds (one expanded capacity), 4 essentia, 1 bind to crown and 1 bind to totem:
    Shedu crown, 1 essentia, immune to bull rush, +1 save vs mind-affecting ; BOUND TO CROWN, telepathy 100'
    Kraken mantle, 0 essentia, +8 competence Swim, swim 40' as full-round or 20' as move ; BOUND TO TOTEM, waterbreathing
    Sighting gloves, 1 essentia, +2 insight ranged weapon damage
    Blink shirt, expanded capacity, 0 essentia, dimdoor 30' as standard action
    Kruthik claws, 0 essentia, +4 Hide and Move Silently
    Wormtail belt, 2 essentia, +4 enhancement to natural armor


    Tam grins and says "Fun!" before hurtling at the little beast, attacking with more body parts than he has any real right to. After a moment of looking stunned, the ratgirl furrows her brow, bares her incisors and grabs a big crossbow from the berth. A clear, high voice enters the heads of everyone on the ship, saying in Common, "Think your place at me if you see a monster!"

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    With the penalty for charging and a few reshuffled essentia, Tam's AC is now 20.
    primary girallon: (d20+9)[14], hit: (3d4+4)[10] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 1: (d20+6)[7], hit: (d6+1)[3] plus (2d4)[5] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 2: (d20+6)[18], hit: (d6+1)[6] plus (2d4)[4] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary tailslap: (d20+1)[5], hit: (d6)[6] plus (2d4)[5] bludgeon and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 1: (d20+4)[9], hit: (3d4+4)[9] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 2: (d20+4)[10], hit: (3d4+4)[11] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 3: (d20+4)[5], hit: (3d4+4)[10] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    I'll roll any crit threats separately.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-05-26 at 04:42 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    *Whack*
    *Thack*
    *Shread*
    *burn*

    Between the precise staff strike and the Dragonborn going ape-<censor beep>, the monster looks like someone dropped something in a sushi kitchen and stepped on it.

    Ratgirls gets a bunch of garbled team speak in nautical jargon relating to parts of the main deck, and a flash of the party as seen from behind the oatbag. The panicked crew seem to be reporting between 5 monsters on the main deck and twenty-something "they're everywhere".

    place holder map. Note the stairs going up to the main deck.

    Spoiler: map
    Show
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    {We will go by order of post. You may go up either the front or rear steps to get to the deck. The top of the stairs are considered the staring space for the players.In either case there is a goblinpus 10 ft from the door. There is another one just south of each mast, one next to the spar, and 2 on the rear castle near the wheel. There aren't any balista on this ship. Call your move, roll a balance check to make it across the pitching deck (dc 15), and roll your attack and initiative for next round. if you fail the balance check, you fall down somewhere between the stairs and the intended target.}

    Frightened crew tumble down the stairs seeking safety in the hold. The ship is now leaning left and swaying wildly.

    Heroically (unless the players all want to go defensive and fight in the hold), the adventurers work their ways toward the stairs, front or rear as they favor.

    Though the doors above you see glimpses of brown sky, foamy green sea, torn sail, and tentacles....
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Miss Chief pops out of the fore stairwell, muttering, "The ship sails south with good wind, but this 'went south' faster than expected!" She fires her crossbow at the closest monster just before Tam Fu Liree rips past to hurl himself at the nearest sushi in need of dicing.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Miss Chief: (d20+2)[9]
    Tam: (d20+1)[15]
    The ratling's crossbow attack isn't penalized for being prone. (d20+5)[20], (d10+3)[8] magic cold iron piercing damage. If Tam manages to keep his feet, here's another crazy-ass charge:
    primary girallon: (d20+9)[22], hit: (3d4+4)[14] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 1: (d20+6)[22], hit: (d6+1)[6] plus (2d4)[4] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 2: (d20+6)[21], hit: (d6+1)[7] plus (2d4)[6] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary tailslap: (d20+1)[19], hit: (d6)[1] plus (2d4)[5] bludgeon and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 1: (d20+4)[15], hit: (3d4+3)[12] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 2: (d20+4)[17], hit: (3d4+3)[9] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 3: (d20+4)[7], hit: (3d4+3)[10] pierce/slash and 1 fire


    The dracomonkeyman knocks his aide off balance in his rush, but he manages to keep his own feet on the madly tilting deck.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-05-31 at 12:17 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The bolt catches one in the chest, and it falls, a 'clean' kill.

    The assorted monkey dragon body parts...beat, tear, and burn he other one...like a angery 2 year old venting on a plate of speggettie. It died quickly, but what a mess!

    The Dragonborn ends up next to the foremast.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Meanwhile, at the docks in the next port of call....

    (Written to show what a blind samurai 'sees'. The visual references are for the sighted. If you have scent you notice some of these no visual clues.)

    Teragon.

    The expensive smelling, but actually cheap for you get it in Manama, spiced tobacco and Jasmine calone of the ship's master.

    The cheap local pipe weed, cheaper rotgut, muscle ointment of the sweaty longshore men unloading the spice cargo.

    The ship smelled like Manama. Their particular dates, dust, perfume, and furtively cooked pork.

    That ship left a week ago, but it hasn't rained since. It will today though. The scent of impending rain mixes with the salt and rotting fishbones.

    The weathered wood of this now empy pier is sticky in places with pitch and years various spilt cargos. Small wake waves from ships in the harbor lap at the pilings. Disant calls from sailers to loaders and the cresks of rope carry from docking operations a few hundred feet away.

    There are no gull cries. Or dove coos. Or even rat skitters. There isn't as much 'human' activity as there should be for this time of year. The omens seem to have everyone spooked.

    The sea is a greenish brown, and the sky's overcast.

    You are waiting at the pier for your ship. It is due anytime, but could be a while as the weather at sea seems worse than in the harbor. The pub that normally serves the area is closed, so hear you are, travel papers already stamped, waiting.

    There is one middle aged local human fishing from the pier. Seems to be a merchant, though dressed in old "work" clothes. He smells too good to be fishing for subsistence, and his clothes aren't dirty enough to be a laborer. His bait is fresh chicken hearts. If he were poor enough to need to fish, he would let have just fried up his bait.

    (New characters may talk to each other while waiting. They will have their own combat in a bit)
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Back on the ship, Natsu keeps up her work, only she fades from view the moment she steps out from the crew quarters. Assuming she keeps her balance even while invisible, one of the two close by goblinoids shall feel her wrath.

    Spoiler: ooc rolls
    Show

    (1d20+10)[22] Balance

    Spending a ki point to turn invisible for one round

    TWF Attacking an octogoblin who is probably flat footed at this point: (1d20+5)[10] (1d20+5)[19]

    Damages: (1d6+4)[10] (1d6+2)[7]

    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[4] (1d6)[6]

    Pitch will move so he can see outside but remains attempting to hide: (1d20+18)[23]
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Mōmoku walked through the streets towards the dock with Anaguma following behind her. Three katana click together on her side, while her ears flicked this was and that way to pick up the sounds of the world around her. "So The job is over here?" Momoku asks, moving with an easy unlike that of a normally blind person. "Yes, sir. I believe we are to wait here." The badger Anaguma had a chain around her waist with a kama hanging off one side of it. Neither of the two actually wore any armor but moved with a grace that made its eeem like they didn't need it.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The first blow bounces off it's rubbery skin. (Ha ha. Flatfoot 13). The second crushes it.

    The nearest one to the were horse shifts closer and tries to stab with its spear. And these things bite!

    1)

    (1d20+4)[7], crit? (1d20+4)[21] . X3. Dam (1d6+1)[7] ), bite (1d20)[7] , crit ? (1d20)[18], dam (1d3)[2] , fort DC 17 or (1d3)[1] Dex damage.



    ( I'm going to switch to keyboard and ttyoe out the rest)

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-28 at 01:17 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    continuing on attacks against werehorse (we need to set up a characters chart in occ)

    the oct-goblin's tentacles try to trip her. (free attempt, no retaliation)

    (1d20+4)[21]


    (1d20+4)[24]

    ---

    The one near the spar moves to the railing and throws a spear at the monkey dragon.

    [roll]1d20+3[roll], crit ?[roll]1d20+3[roll], dam [roll]1d6[roll]

    ---
    The two on the rear castle watch to see how their comrades fare, (or will attack if another player joins in)
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-28 at 01:18 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    A crit!
    It of them knocks you on your bum.

    rerolling the spear toss:

    (1d20+3)[7], crit ?(1d20+3)[13], dam (1d6)[4]

    Edit: The spear misses and slides off the deck into the sea.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-28 at 01:18 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Kiyoko sits on the pier, dozing off meditating on a small area she cleaned off, while waiting for the boat to arrive.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Kiyoko sits on the pier, dozing off meditating on a small area she cleaned off, while waiting for the boat to arrive.
    Mōmoku hears a rhythmic buzzing noise. Almost like a grig sawing a tiny log...

    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile, at sea....

    The ship rocks and bucks as the waves alternate hitting different sides of the ship. The his no one at the wheel, and the wheel seems jammed all the way to port. The ship corkscrews though the sea unguided.

    Above, ropes dangle from the rigging as a sail rips.

    Someone had better get this situation under control before the ship flips over...
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    After accepting the mission to combat the tentacles, an above average height anthropomorphic raven garbed in silver tabard over a golden robe with a sheathed blade on his side arrives at the dock, riding a moderate sized dog that can bear his weight. Seeing three occupants already there, Deku dismounts. He and his dog find a spot near the pier. The humanoid raven sits cross-legged in a meditative and prayer gesture while his dog standby as they wait for their sea vehicle to dock.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-29 at 09:04 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The human fishing off the pier keeps looking over at the collection of animal people. He shakes his head bemusedly and softly chuckles.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Kiyoko stifles a yawn as she wakes up comes out of her meditation. Seeing new people around, she offers a greeting. "Hello."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku half-opens his lids but does not uncross his legs and waves with his wing hand before going back to his prayer but not before a quick glance at the sea.

    Perception to see any incoming boat or hear any noises from the boat from a distance if it makes some: (1d20+11)[3](3)

    EDIT: Botched the roll. Should be 14.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-29 at 08:33 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Hello." the cat says in no real direction in particular "I take it the boat isn't here yet?" Meanwhile the badger "No it hasn't."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Surprises all around.


    The old, human Natsu wouldn't have literally fallen for this. Still, best not to tip her hand immediately as she tries to roll away from the octogob and get back on her feet.

    Meanwhile, Pitch realizes his mighty magic actually can help the situation...sort of, and from his hiding spot flaps his feathers and whispers an incantation...

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show


    Natsu will roll tumble to try to get out of reach so she can stand up: (1d20+11)[18]

    Meanwhile Pitch will cast animate rope on some sturdy looking rope and try to command it to re-tie the sails. That's at least a first step; he can't very well sail the boat and Natsu has things to kill.

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Knowing full well the ratling's position is his own fault, Tam nevertheless snaps, "Quit lying down on the job and get to that ... that ... boat turny thing." He tries to make his way toward another octogoblin. Miss Chief hooks her crossbow on a convenient post so she has both hands free to crawl toward the tiller.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Tam Balance: (d20+1)[8]
    Miss Balance: (d20+2)[3]

    Let's do the easy one first. Spend a move action putting the crossbow somewhere it won't just slide over the edge into the drink, then spend a move action trying to get up. If successful, celebrate with a five-foot step toward the helmsman's spot.

    If Tam can charge another monster, here's his ridiculous pile of rolls:
    primary girallon: (d20+9)[11], hit: (3d4+4)[11] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 1: (d20+6)[21], hit: (d6+1)[7] plus (2d4)[8] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    primary talon 2: (d20+6)[21], hit: (d6+1)[2] plus (2d4)[5] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary tailslap: (d20+1)[20], hit: (d6)[1] plus (2d4)[2] bludgeon and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 1: (d20+4)[8], hit: (3d4+3)[12] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 2: (d20+4)[22], hit: (3d4+3)[6] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    secondary girallon 3: (d20+4)[21], hit: (3d4+3)[8] pierce/slash and 1 fire
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

    Current games list

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Two furry creatures atop some kind of reptile approach, and as they close, you can make out a blue-furred red panda wearing robes and a lance-wielding badger in a blacksmith's apron, riding some manner of two-tailed snake. The badger shouts, "Never fear, the cavalry has arrived!", and attempts to wiggle on board from the snake's lifted neck, as the red panda sighs and conjures some manner of chilling fog to surround each of the goblins.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration check for vigorous motion (riding a moving mount): (1d20+11)[12] succeeds on nat 1 so I think it's autosuccess but if there's fumbles I'm rolling anyway.

    Dropping my Kelgore's combo on each of the remaining gobbos, such that it hits them but not my allies - deals (1d6)[6] damage, half irresistible divine, and they need a DC 18 Will save or get dazed for 2 rounds.

    Climb check if it's necessary for Osrik: (1d20+1)[3]

    (The snake is about 15 feet long so I feel like it shouldn't be too hard but I'm not sure how high the closest boat side is at this point)
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2019-05-30 at 02:06 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (explain the Kelgor stuff to me via email. For now we'll just run with it as described.)

    The were horse (still in human form?) Rolls away to near the aft castle and stands.

    Her friends aren't as fortunate, and lose their balance both are prone.

    The animated rope starts tightening the loose sail, but is mostly causing a tangle.

    As the creatures advance, you hear the badger calling from the back of his... Snake monster?

    The blue (red) panda (like Shift in kf panda) casts a spell. Mists form and the octogoblins stiffen.


    Saves
    Rear mast
    [Roll]1d20+2[\Roll]

    Aft castle
    [Roll]1d20+2[\Roll]
    [Roll]1d20+2[\Roll]

    Forecastle
    [Roll]1d20+2[\Roll]
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •