The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 688
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Ridiculous dimwit! You would think that they would accept whatever help they could get! It is not as if we were expecting compensation." The large elephant man shakes his head in disgust, a trumpety snort blowing through his trunk. "You know very well Father that people don't take an unarmed Halfling seriously. You should carry a rapier or the like so you at least look capable of harming more than a fly." The red headed woman pats the Were Elephant's arm, strangely attempting to calm her father down. Usually it's HIM trying to calm HER down. "BAH! Why should I carry a dinky little piece of metal when my own tusks are as good as any blade? I shouldn't have to be a two ton elephant to get a little respect my dear...." The giant gray brute slowly begins to shrink back down into the well dressed halfing with a shining head. "Well....no matter, we made it on! We should go introduce ourselves to the Animal Adventurers!" "Agreed Father"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Curses! Another plan ruined!"
    "There's been a change of plans, mum."
    "What? Are you behind this?"
    "They paid up front, mum. These people need the help."
    "Bah! I expect to be paid at the end of it, too! Now what kind of therapy session did you sign me up for this time?"
    "An expedition to the southern continent..."
    "Ooh, the tentacle place? Could be fun!"
    "MOTHER!"
    "Oh whatever you prude." The massive hyena in leathers with a pair of scourges at it's waist turned to the rest of the ship. "All hail Flail Flind! And my sidekick, Axe boy!"
    The smaller gnoll, with chain, a shield, and some reversed sickle sword/axe thing, facepalmed. "...Its a Khopesh..."
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-06-11 at 08:46 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Given extra funds for the journey, Deku is certain what he wants and certain that it is unfair to hog all of them. Telling the others that he is going to the market, he asks whether they have any requests. After that is done, he goes to the market and begins to shop.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Leaning on the handrail of the ship, Kiyoko enjoys the cool sea breeze before they set out. She needed a break from studying the books, and just adding the new spells to her prayerbook wasn't enough. Seeing some new people joining the expedition, she goes to introduce herself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    "...nd of therapy session did you sign me up for this time?"
    "An expedition to the southern continent..."
    "Ooh, the tentacle place? Could be fun!"
    "MOTHER!"
    ... and promptly turns around. The shrine maiden is having enough difficulty with all the tentacle dreams going around, compounded by the recent events and research. She doesn't need someone looking forward to it to make it worse. She walks away, blushing heavily.


    After a couple minutes of cooling off, Kiyoko notices another pair conversing on the deck. Hoping they aren't as colorful as the last one, she goes and begins to introduces herself. "Hello, I'm Kiyoko, part of the main expedition to the southern continent."
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-06-10 at 01:35 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The fox lady approaches the Elephant halfling and his lass.

    ---
    (feel free to post about events in port, shopping, time spent at sea, introductions. The rest of the week will be a bit rushed for me as it is the end of the school year her. For the new people, I'm a High School English/Biology teacher, so if I sometimes come off as pedantic...)


    The Voyage goes smoothly. Almost too smoothly. It is as though the clouds are as scared to come out as the birds and fish.

    The quartermaster's fears of suddenly having to feed an elephant turn out to have been overwrought. It turns out that Were Elephants only need elephant sized meals 3 nights a month. So, after learning this, everyone is fed extra vegetables before they can spoil, and the walnuts and peanuts become a casual treat for the crew, and you, to snack on as you please.

    Unlike the crew of the previous ship, the chef and cook here ask you want you usually eat, and then try to provide that for you. Though if you really want a bag of oats, they will let you have one.

    The crew, and the officers, don't really know what to do with you. (That will depend on how/if you interact with them.)

    The captain invites you in turn to dine at the captain's table, and makes polite conversation. Jellico doesn't know if he should be annoyed that they are sending you instead of a team of human rangers, but doesn't seem to begrudge any of you personally.

    The ships armorer and fletcher take measurements of your gear. They will provide mundane arrows and bolts, as well as simple bows and crossbows if requested.

    The quartermaster also informs you that there is a crate of 'junk' that has been provided for your group.

    Spoiler: junk
    Show


    In the crate is a random assortment of 'gear'. Any of you may take items or leave them on the ship. After you inventory it, you have:

    Mithral plate +2, resizes to wearer.
    Small Bag of Spices (25 gp),
    Ceramic Holy Symbol (of a Goddess of Healing) (25 gp),
    Fine Cloth Vest threaded with Bronze (25 gp),
    Ceramic Urn (25 gp),
    Copper Cloth Gloves (25 gp),
    Polished Stone Rod (25 gp),
    Potion of Speed
    Periapt of Health,
    Potion of Diminution ,
    Potion of Superior Healing
    Silver holy symbol of Thor
    Masterwork Composite Longbow (+4 Str bonus) (800 gp)
    Masterwork Composite Shortbow (375 gp)
    Masterwork Composite Shortbow (+1 Str bonus) (450 gp)
    Masterwork Sai (301 gp)
    Masterwork Shortsword (310 gp)
    Masterwork lyre
    Oil of Magic Weapon (cr, 50 gp)
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (cr, 50 gp)
    Potion of Hide from Undead (cr, 50 gp)
    Potion of Protection from Evil (cr, 50 gp)
    Potion of Protection from Good (cr, 50 gp)
    Scroll of Bless (cr, 25 gp)
    Scroll of Burning Hands (cr, 25 gp)
    Scroll of Diagnose Disease (um, 25 gp)
    Scroll of Obscuring Mist (cr, 25 gp)
    Scroll of Sanctuary (cr, 25 gp)

    Bag of Chalk (1 sp, 1/2 lb)
    9 x Bag of Iron Nails
    Bottle of Honey (4 sp, 4 lb)
    Bottle of Vinegar (1 sp, 4 lb)
    36 x Flint and Steel (1 gp)
    Handsaw
    Mortar and Pestle
    Pitchfork
    Small Cask of Wax (2 sp, 5 lb)
    Tent (10 gp, 20 lb)
    Tiny Lead Box (1 gp, 5 lb)
    14 x Wood Axe (5 gp, 8 lb)
    potion of invisibility
    6 +1 javelin
    6 regular javelin
    +1 leather helm
    +1 halberd
    12 darts (like a javelin, but fletched)
    potion of resistance
    12 +3 darts
    scroll of dominate
    scroll of fear
    ring of stealth (+4)
    scroll of teleport
    potion of levitation
    boots of escape (+5 ft movement speed)
    cap of endurance (orioles)(+3 hp)
    Dexterous gloves (+1 to hit)
    scroll of blink
    potion of speed (+5 ft movement for an hour)


    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Now what kind of therapy session did you sign me up for this time?"
    "An expedition to the southern continent..."
    "Ooh, the tentacle place? Could be fun!"
    "MOTHER!"
    "Oh whatever you prude."
    Tori tilts his head slightly after hearing this while Terk just shakes her head slightly. "Fun? What would be fun about evil tentacles?""Don't worry about it Father" Terk then notices the fox lady quickly turn away, the blush on her face evident. Smiling, Terk walks over. "Hi there, my name is Terk. Please tell me that we're not just working with them." She gestures her head towards the two gnolls, of whom Tori is now approaching. "Excuse me, exactly what is fun about covorting with dark forces? How is that....appealing in any way?"
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-06-11 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (gm clarification: the flind is talking to himself. Like Norman from Hichcock's Bates Hotel. Psycho. He. May have meant it as an internal dialogue)
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (It's meant as witty banter between a crazy leader and a long suffering follower.)

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    She gestures her head towards the two gnolls, of whom Tori is now approaching. "Excuse me, exactly what is fun about covorting with dark forces? How is that....appealing in any way?"
    "Pay her no mind, she isnt stable at the best of times," said the smaller hyena, the one with chainmail and shield.
    The larger gnoll, wearing leathers that have lots of pockets and sheaths, with multiple flails and bolas hanging and making a clatter whenever it moves, cackles. "Dark forces? Sounds like a family reunion! Remember old Draj the ritualist?"
    "Mum, they dont need to know..."
    "Now THERE was a DARK one! Like a child of the Demon Lord Yeenoghu himself!"
    "Mum, we need to work with these people..."
    "I'm ANSWERING a QUESTION, buddy. Honestly, children have no respect for their elders anymore."
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-06-11 at 08:45 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (oh, I didn't pick up the Flind was female. It does sorta make sense given hyena pack structure. I just thought he) was crazy and talking to an invisible mother. Can you please use different color text for each character?)
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Zander meanders out to see what's made such a ruckus, then shrugs. Osrik looks at him, and says,
    Spoiler: #CFB53B
    Show
    "You're not going to introduce yourself?"
    Zander shrugs and retreats back to his quarters, prompting Osrik to roll his eyes and walk forward. "Well, that was Zander, I'm Osrik, and this is our snake Snek. I'm a healer and general clerical practitioner, he's a metamagic researcher, and Snek is just very good at hitting things until they die. If you need any of us, Snek and I will be around, and he'll be hiding."

    Spoiler: Stuff from pre-sailing
    Show
    Gonna buy a bunch more scrolls, I'll update my list. Also maybe some alchemical goods and/or other consumables - maybe a wand of Wieldskill.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2019-06-12 at 02:25 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Zander is a red panda, with blue fur.
    Osrik is a halfling sized badger.
    Both are recovering from terrible Burns and their fur hasn't grown back in yet.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The Dragon team will just at the moment sit cross-legged and will wait till everyone else done before they do as dragons do hoard treasure from the random loot between them. The would look out both wondering where these octopus themed monsters seemed to be coming into existence from. Jegan thought he really needed to find more soya sauce before next fight with them as they taste like eating rubber. jiraz would look to his master and mentor and in dragonic " master jegan where are these monstrosities coming for and why now" he asked out of curiosity. jegan would then and try to draw knowledge of planes to recoil if he remembers and creatures like these before.

    Spoiler: the info and stuff
    Show


    knowledge planes to see if he has knowledge of knowing or seeing the octo creatures in other planes (1d20+6)[20]



  14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    While cooling off, Kiyoko decides to try another angle for the book (not the codex), this time with magic assistance.

    Spoiler: OoC / Rolls
    Show
    prepared spells changed slightly during the ship voyage, replaced Omen of Peril and Lesser Vigor for Improvisation and Tears to Wine

    cast Tears to Wine on a mug of water, drink (+2 enhancement to int/wis skills)

    Linguistics to Decipher Script per page:
    1d20+12 if failed: dc 5 wisdom, rolled secretly by DM

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    "Well, that was Zander, I'm Osrik, and this is our snake Snek. I'm a healer and general clerical practitioner, he's a metamagic researcher, and Snek is just very good at hitting things until they die. If you need any of us, Snek and I will be around, and he'll be hiding."
    The smaller hyena stepped foreward and offered a paw. "Mum and I are bodyguards, mageslayers, anti-skirmishers. We're really good at making things regret ignoring us. That should make things easy for the rest of you, but we'll probably need the majority of your services."
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-06-12 at 08:13 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tam scampers down from the ship's rigging to join in the introductions. "Eyyo. I'm Tam Fu Liree, and I swing souls at bad creatures until they die. The bad creatures, not the souls. I also make a mean pot pie. Flail Flind? And you mentioned a willworker named Draj? You wouldn't happen to be the daughter of Flindbar the Barbarian King, wouldja? Oh, and that's my protege over there, Miss Chief." He points at a nezumi who is facing away but has rotated her ears to listen more closely to the hubbub.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-06-12 at 08:54 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    The Dragon team will just at the moment sit cross-legged and will wait till everyone else done before they do as dragons do hoard treasure from the random loot between them. The would look out both wondering where these octopus themed monsters seemed to be coming into existence from. Jegan thought he really needed to find more soya sauce before next fight with them as they taste like eating rubber. jiraz would look to his master and mentor and in dragonic " master jegan where are these monstrosities coming for and why now" he asked out of curiosity. jegan would then and try to draw knowledge of planes to recoil if he remembers and creatures like these before.

    Spoiler: the info and stuff
    Show


    knowledge planes to see if he has knowledge of knowing or seeing the octo creatures in other planes [roll0]

    Jegan knows that
    Spoiler: creatures
    Show



    Resembling 🐙 octopoids and squid, or that have tentacles are common to many planes, except for the Plane without shrimp.

    The ones you were fighting seemed native to your plane.

    Sometimes if there is a planer alignment, similar creatures from different planes may influence each other...



    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    While cooling off, Kiyoko decides to try another angle for the book (not the codex), this time with magic assistance.

    Spoiler: OoC / Rolls
    Show
    prepared spells changed slightly during the ship voyage, replaced Omen of Peril and Lesser Vigor for Improvisation and Tears to Wine

    cast Tears to Wine on a mug of water, drink (+2 enhancement to int/wis skills)

    Linguistics to Decipher Script per page:
    1d20+12 if failed: dc 5 wisdom, rolled secretly by DM
    How many pages are you trying to read? There are (1d200+100)[109] pages.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Tam scampers down from the ship's rigging to join in the introductions. "Eyyo. I'm Tam Fu Liree, and I swing souls at bad creatures until they die. The bad creatures, not the souls. I also make a mean pot pie. Flail Flind? And you mentioned a willworker named Draj? You wouldn't happen to be the daughter of Flindbar the Barbarian King, wouldja? Oh, and that's my protege over there, Miss Chief." He points at a nezumi who is facing away but has rotated her ears to listen more closely to the hubbub.

    "Great granddaughter, on my grandfather's side,"
    crowed FF. "Of the third Flindbar King, long may she feast on those taken by the Demon Lord. You civilized races always judge our lives by your own, and miss how quickly reins change in the Outlands."

    "She heard a story once," sighed the smaller hyena. "She does this every time."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Weeks pass aboard the Reliant.

    You grow accustomed to sleeping on the rocking vessel, but still some times you have disturbed dreams.

    Kikoyu:
    Spoiler: in her cabin
    Show


    Works on the recovered book. (Before we get into spell effects, let me describe it.)

    Cleaning the 🐙 octopus ink off the pages is laborious,and stains your hands black. It takes hours to clean a page, and even then, some of the words are unrecoverable. The book, or maybe the octopus ink, seems resistant to cleaning spells.

    You discover that you really have 2 books here. Someone was recycling. There is an older text that has been whiped away, but the stains of the old ink are still mostly visible. The new text was written in a translucent reddish yellow ink. With close examination you can make out both texts. However, some times you must guess at overwritten or destroyed characters. The

    The new text is in a mix of abyssal and dragonic. It seems to be describing communion with other planes, cocktail recipes, and a spell casting system. (Roll 2d6 + 6, note as POW)

    The older text is in a mix of ancient elvish script and frost giant runes. It seems to be a poorly updated and organized personal log with many scribbles squeezed into spaces between other entries, stories that stop suddenly and pick up again on other pages, and several things partially crossed out and corrected. It looks like a travel log mixed with the notes of an apprentice priest or mage, with some giant drinking songs and cookie recipes. And their are notes on some type of spell casting system...(roll 6 + 2d6, note as MAG)

    You can only clean about 1 page a day.

    And you are starting to dream about cleaning pages and how good a spa day would feel...


    Tam:
    Spoiler: dreams
    Show

    Of an avatar of Bahamet fighting a dragon in a damp cave.



    J and J the dragonish
    Spoiler: both dream about
    Show

    A terrible purple sword relentlessly chasing you.



    Osrik
    Spoiler: sees
    Show
    in his dreams an 👼 angle offering a mighty sword.


    Flail and Axe
    Spoiler: dream of
    Show
    the yapping of a strange pack.do they want to play, or fight?


    Tori
    Spoiler: dreams
    Show
    of a black cloud calling you to a ruined fortress


    Momoku and her squire
    Spoiler: dream
    Show
    of cold, wet, slimy embraces...and then a good shiatsu session...


    Deku
    Spoiler: sees
    Show
    weird chickens in his sleep


    Terka
    Spoiler: perhaps out of character
    Show
    really wants to go to a salon. Every night. New hairdo dream.


    Ratta
    Spoiler: night mares
    Show
    about sausages with eyes


    Zander
    Spoiler: dreams...
    Show
    is somehow stuck in a night school learning to read Sumarian.


    And everyone is dreaming of Drums.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Weeks pass aboard the Reliant.

    You grow accustomed to sleeping on the rocking vessel, but still some times you have disturbed dreams.

    Kikoyu:
    Spoiler: in her cabin
    Show


    Works on the recovered book. (Before we get into spell effects, let me describe it.)

    Cleaning the 🐙 octopus ink off the pages is laborious,and stains your hands black. It takes hours to clean a page, and even then, some of the words are unrecoverable. The book, or maybe the octopus ink, seems resistant to cleaning spells.

    You discover that you really have 2 books here. Someone was recycling. There is an older text that has been whiped away, but the stains of the old ink are still mostly visible. The new text was written in a translucent reddish yellow ink. With close examination you can make out both texts. However, some times you must guess at overwritten or destroyed characters. The

    The new text is in a mix of abyssal and dragonic. It seems to be describing communion with other planes, cocktail recipes, and a spell casting system. (Roll 2d6 + 6, note as POW)

    The older text is in a mix of ancient elvish script and frost giant runes. It seems to be a poorly updated and organized personal log with many scribbles squeezed into spaces between other entries, stories that stop suddenly and pick up again on other pages, and several things partially crossed out and corrected. It looks like a travel log mixed with the notes of an apprentice priest or mage, with some giant drinking songs and cookie recipes. And their are notes on some type of spell casting system...(roll 6 + 2d6, note as MAG)

    You can only clean about 1 page a day.

    And you are starting to dream about cleaning pages and how good a spa day would feel...


    And everyone is dreaming of Drums.
    Spoiler: OoC / Rolls
    Show
    Was only aiming at 1-2 pages for the time, before going back and socializing. Oh well.
    More spellcasting? As if 2 prepared lists weren't enough
    I see I'm gonna need more Linguistics ranks. And maybe craft(cooking)

    POW (2d6+6)[14]
    MAG (2d6+6)[15]

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Weeks pass aboard the Reliant.

    You grow accustomed to sleeping on the rocking vessel, but still some times you have disturbed dreams.
    Flail and Axe
    Spoiler: dream of
    Show
    the yapping of a strange pack.do they want to play, or fight?
    Spoiler: reactions...
    Show
    The children of Yeenoghu know not the difference between play and battle. Flail flind will playfully set up to kill when she can; Axe is cautius, and will avoid them if possible, fight if pressed.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The seas are quiet. Too quiet. No birds. No fish. No dolphins. You pass far fewer ships than you should be for a trade and postal route.

    Near day 45 dark bands of clouds are spotted in the air. They seem to gradually curl to the same direction, a distant destination.

    On day 50 Liberia Island is sighted. It is a large island that take about 3 days to walk across. There is a settlement there and the native tribes are friendly. It is a planned stop to take on water. But something, well, a lot of things, are amiss.

    The black bands of clouds join others from around the horizon, and they swirl together, seeming to converge at the center of the island.

    There are no boats from the settlement, nor from natives, upon the water. Usually they come out to greet arriving ships, or are at least out fishing.

    Spyglasses reveal that there are hundreds of dug out canoes and primitive rafts seemingly abandoned on the beaches. These are varied in design and most are not the outrigger types favored by the natives.

    There seems to be some activity in the seaside fishing village, but not as much as there normally should be, and certifiably not enough for all the extra canoes. But there is chimney smoke, laundry on lines, and some detectable movement.

    Old Maggie, the ship's witch says that "Bad Mojo" is brewing on the Island. From this distance she can't tell if it is worse Mojo than on Austeros proper, or just closer bad Mojo.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    The smaller hyena stepped foreward and offered a paw. "Mum and I are bodyguards, mageslayers, anti-skirmishers. We're really good at making things regret ignoring us. That should make things easy for the rest of you, but we'll probably need the majority of your services."
    Osrik shakes heartily, though winces when his burns make contact. "Good to hear. We'll get along just fine, as long as you slay the other mages and not mine."

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Not the talkative type, Deku enjoys the voyage observing the sea, listening to any conversations and the crewmen manning the mast and the wheel. The hyenas' loud banter behind makes him shifts his head and raises his eyebrow at their craze exchange and as more and more people introduce themselves to each other, he walks to the group and waves.

    "Deku. Unless any of you have any emergency needs, I will be right over there."

    Deku points to where he originated, walks back his spot, continuing his people and sightseeing.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-14 at 03:34 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGnodTjD6QM

    From the island, the drums go on and on...
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Osrik shakes heartily, though winces when his burns make contact. "Good to hear. We'll get along just fine, as long as you slay the other mages and not mine."
    The small gnoll leaned closer. "It's all the same, really. Big monster gets in their face, they decide they have better places to be, and we go for the hamstrings while their back is turned."

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGnodTjD6QM

    From the island, the drums go on and on...
    FF yawned as she rose to the deck. "What's that racket? Can't I get some decent shut-eye around here?"

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori and Terk look out towards the island. It has been a rather quiet trip for them. It has felt rather awkward and strange being with these new people, and the disturbing dreams they experienced have left them tired and irritable. The strange woman Maggie, who the others have denoted as their ship's witch, denotes the island being 'Bad Mojo' despite the supposed friendliness of the native tribe. "Let's go there then! We've spent enough time on this bloody vessel already, I'm eager to bash something to pieces!' "Calm yourself Terk, we can't just rush in without preparing for the unexpected. Though I am in agreement, I feel like it has been too long since I have had a good stretch. And those drums.....I feel we need to investigate"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The captain draws the Animals and his officers around a table on the aft castle. Navigator Savik spreads a map.

    "The approaches to the island are all on the south side. The main harbor is roughly in the middle here. That would be the direct approach. Anyone watching from the port would see you coming. There are sea caves 3 miles west of the port, where you might land and hide your boat. You would need to work your way around the cliffs.... On the east if the port, about 5 miles is a lighthouse. We don't know why the light house is there, but there is a beach nearby where you could land."
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-06-14 at 06:45 PM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The first officer adds, " The good news is that we have spotted birds and seals on the Island. So there must be food in the water for them."

    Maggie will supply 3 scrolls of message, and 3 of animal messenger. Also, a bag of popcorn.

    The air seems charged. Your clothes occasionally Pop, despite the humidity.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •