The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 688
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (OOC:Any result from him concentrating his detection spell all the way?)
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    ( only that he figures out that detection abilities are now a chore. Everything detects as choatic, magical, and the scent of an out of tune piccolo playing bluegrass. It takes a few minutes of close examination to determine the true qualities of an item's aura. Getting closer helps as there aren't as the fewer motes between you and the object the less obsured things are.)


    The boy watches as you tie up the boat and disembark.

    The drums continue...
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku keeps his eyes and ears sharp for any peculiarity.

    Perception (Take 20) - 31
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    From somewhere deeper in the villiage out of site, Deku hears clucking.

    Anyone speaking to the boy? From his looks and demeanor it is hard to guess his age. Somewhere between 15 and 25. Looks like he spends most of his time outdoors.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Yello!" Tam pipes up. "Catching fish? Or just staying away from the drums?"
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Huh?"
    He tilts he head and cups an ear towards Tam. His eyes look intently at Tam's lips and his lips quiver for a moment.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The hyenas skirt the local, looking to secure the ramp up to the village.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The gnolls move 60 ft north.

    There are warehouses north of the docks.

    the One on the east side is heavily damaged by a recent fire.

    The one on the west side seems intact.

    They hear clucking coming from behind the fire damaged one.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori and Terk get off the boat, happy to finally be on solid land despite the sense of dread and chaos in the air. The pair look around to see where they should head first. They see the small child speaking with the one called Tam, as well as the gnolls skulking about. They decide to leave Tam with the boy, too many people approaching at once could scare him off. And wherever the hyenas go, they silently agree that they will go the opposite way.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Tori Perception Check (1d20+10)[23]
    Terk Perception Check (1d20+8)[12]

    If they don't see any more than anyone else, they'll go to the opposite spot that FF and Axe decide to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The tengu tails the hyenas, stopping just some distance behind them. Deku awaits what the group will do. In the mean time, he straps two quivers he retrieve from his haversack. While he is near to the source of clucking, he tries to use his senses to identify the any other noises besides the clucking and whether the clucking is from chickens.

    Perception: (1d20+11)[29]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-16 at 09:46 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The fishing boy looks past Tam. (1d20+5)[11]
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Something in the boy's head seems to click.

    He quickly sets his pole down and digs into his tackel box.
    He pulls out something and unwraps it dropping the oil cloth next to his gear. He steps around Tam and jogs after Terka.

    Catching up to her, he opens the small wooden box he is carrying. He takes out a card presents it to Terka.

    Smiling, he looks over the group, and then goes around presenting cards to the females, except Flail.

    The card reads:

    MADAM VIDAL
    HOUSE OF BEAUTY and RELAXATION

    This card good for one free "B" treatment.

    ---
    Deku: The sounds sound like *Cluck uck* *BaWK-awK*. It sounds like a flock of chickens.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Something in the boy's head seems to click.

    He quickly sets his pole down and digs into his tackle box.
    He pulls out something and unwraps it dropping the oil cloth next to his gear. He steps around Tam and jogs after Terka.

    Catching up to her, he opens the small wooden box he is carrying. He takes out a card presents it to Terka.

    Smiling, he looks over the group, and then goes around presenting cards to the females, except Flail.

    The card reads:

    MADAM VIDAL
    HOUSE OF BEAUTY and RELAXATION

    This card good for one free "B" treatment.

    ---
    Deku: The sounds sound like *Cluck uck* *BaWK-awK*. It sounds like a flock of chickens.
    Tori: spots something small and yellow go behind the intact warehouse.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori's eyes pick up the movement of something small and yellow sneak behind the building over there. "There is something over there.....let's go Terk." He moves to go investigate before he sees if she follows.

    Terk begins to follow her father when the little boy suddenly runs up to her. Smiling, she greets the child. "How's it going little fella? Can I help you?" Terk takes the card the boy hands to her and reads it. When she sees what is on the card, her face goes white, as though she saw a ghost. It quickly changes to bright red, one can almost hear a vein pop in her forehead. "DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED TO RELAX! AND I ALREADY LOOK BEAUTIFUL! RUDE LITTLE BRAT! GET BACK HERE!" She screams after the boy as he runs to give the other woman cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The halfling heads off to go around the intact warehouse.

    The redhead angrily cases after the 15-25 year old 'boy'.

    He sees her coming, and after tossing his last intended card delivery at Monoku's feet, drops his box near his fishing gear and jumps into the water.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Monoku tilts her head with the badger following after as they disembark. "Something was just thrown at me." she pauses for a moment reaching down to pick it up and sniffs it. It appears to be some sort of card, Monoku The badger says
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    *splash* the boy goes in the water.

    *Bumba Bumba Bumba Bumba* repeats the drums.

    The air smells of burnt banana.

    The clucking of chickens.

    The raving of an angry woman.

    These things the cat samurai precieves.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Kiyoko, who was following Terk and Tori and watching the interaction, blinks and asks, "What was that about?"

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Monoku hands the card to her badger companion, "Well it looks like everyone else running off on their own there. She approaches Kiyoko "Are you heading out too? Someone seems to be heading towards the clucking sound."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori is heading towards the yellow thing he saw, and is going around the front (water facing) side of the intact warehouse.

    Deku and the gnolls are in the ramp area, which is a southern extension of the intersection of the road between the two warehouses and the waterfront "street" .

    The boy is some where in the water.

    Everybody else is on the dock.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-06-16 at 07:50 PM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori proceeds cautiously, focusing on catching up on the yellow blur without letting it know what he can do....yet

    "Damn jerk.......you should never insult a lady like that." Terk turns from the water after she loses sight of the boy. Hearing Kiyoko's question, Terk turns to her. "The punk was suggesting that I'm not already beautiful and need to relax. I am the PINNACLE of CALM and RELAXED!" She takes a few deep breathes before continuing. "I'm sorry......I've been having weird dreams, and this card reminded me of them...."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Tori will spend as many rds as necessary to move behind the warehouse. He isn't gonna run but will double move until given a reason not to. 20 ft speed thanks to the armor
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    All of the "move" 30 and 40 people can easily catch up with the armored halfling.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Was that as strange as me?" Tam asks Miss Chief, confused by the boy's behavior. "No, master Tam. Not close." "Ah. Well, grab a gaggle of gear and let's get going." The two pick up fairly heavy packs and move toward Tori, who looks to have found something to be curious about. FUN!
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Looks like we are in "everyone follow the halfling" formation.

    Perspective marching order? The road is 15 ft wide.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku sighs before following after Tam and her assistant towards where Terk is heading.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-17 at 04:51 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Everyone bunches up behind the halfling.

    Spot checks.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Axe: (d20+4)[9]
    FF: (d20+5)[18]

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori: (1d20+10)[13]
    Terk: (1d20+8)[15]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku: (1d20+11)[19]
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    FF,
    Spoiler: notices
    Show
    a shadow in one of the windows.


    Tori and Terka
    Spoiler: notice
    Show
    against the side of the building a bit of white cream.
    Spoiler: like this
    Show
    about 3 inches tall.


    The warehouse is about 35 ft tall with windows 30 ft up. There are doors every 30 ft, but they all looked chained up.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-06-17 at 06:50 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •