The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 688
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Deku: [roll0]
    Deku
    Spoiler: notices
    Show
    a shadow in one of the windows.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tam steps in something soft and gooey.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    To Monoku, "Last time I went out on my own, I was mentally molested by a tentacle monster. I'll let other people go first for a while."

    Perception: (1d20+10)[27]

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Flail Flind glances up at one of the village windows. "Ladies, please, we have an audience!"

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku points to the door.

    "Anyone want to do the honors of knocking or unlocking?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-17 at 06:10 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    To Monoku, "Last time I went out on my own, I was mentally molested by a tentacle monster. I'll let other people go first for a while."

    Perception: [roll0]
    Kikoyu also sees the shadow in the window.

    ..
    The door is a double door, 15 ft wide. Chains and a padlock secure it.

    ..
    What Tam stepped in is yellowish and smells like rotten fruit.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tori approaches the door. "If I may have the honor Deku." His skin suddenly ripples before he enlarges into his Hybrid form. Raising both his meaty fists, he pounds on the door, taking care to avoid any parts that have that disturbing cream on it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move Action: Change Shape
    Standard Action: Slam Attack (1d20+13)[28]
    Damage (2d6+11)[19]
    Delay 1 rd if not next to the door
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Tori approaches the door. "If I may have the honor Deku." His skin suddenly ripples before he enlarges into his Hybrid form. Raising both his meaty fists, he pounds on the door, taking care to avoid any parts that have that disturbing cream on it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move Action: Change Shape
    Standard Action: Slam Attack [roll0]
    Damage [roll1]
    Delay 1 rd if not next to the door
    Give me a strength check for Tori.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    "Well yes.. that does tend to happen. I believe I was bitten by snakes myself once." she hums a little, "Well if its a door we should be goin.. Thud thud! She jumps a little at meat filled fists hamfisting the door. "Oh we brought a battering ram."

    Monoku, I'm not sure we should be here, we don't even know who owns this warehouse

    "True enough.. maybe we should go find some place like the city hall or whatever they have here first before we finish breaking in the door."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Whoever's up in the window tosses a bottle at Tori.

    Ranged touch (1d20+5)[9] dam 1 physical and (1d6)[5] fire.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku lifelinks Tori and gives him a ring of shield other while the hybrid is banging the door and the tengu wearing an identical ring of his own as he assesses the threat to see if it it worthy of the shield other spell.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-17 at 07:16 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Axe and FF stand to either side of the door, Melee weapons drawn, ready to follow the shapeshifter in once he brings down the door.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Let's just say you gave him the ring back at the ship.

    (Anyone who hasn't already done so, please add your info to the cast table on the ooc)

    The door cracks (structural damage), but does not open.

    The alchemist fire has set the ground under Tori on 🔥 fire. If 9 hits his touch ac, Tori is on fire.

    Everyone take 1 fire splash damage.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (OOC: I have 10 DR/Silver, so do I take any damage from the initial strike? Also, 9 just misses so we don't have flaming elephant at the moment.
    STR check (1d20+11)[24]

    Edit: yea I took no damage)
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-06-17 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Which is on the left, and which is on the right?

    Everyone, roll initiative.

    Start of round, Tori takes (1d6)[3] fire damage, either for being on fire, or standing in the fire.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    (OOC: I have 10 DR/Silver, so do I take any damage from the initial strike? Also, 9 just misses so we don't have flaming elephant at the moment.
    STR check [roll0] )
    Dr does not apply to fire. That is ER. .you just take 1 splash from the initial attack, then the damage for standing in the fire. The stg check will be applied on your initiative.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    [OOC:Btw, forgot something. Any magic or alignments? I did state that Deku auto detects everytime he moves to a new area.]
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Spoiler: meldshaper status for Tam (44 of 45 hp, AC 22)
    Show
    8 melds, 8 essentia, 2 binds to crown/feet/hands/totem:
    Girallon arms, 3 essentia, +8 to grapple and Climb checks ; BOUND TO TOTEM, four natural weapons at +3 enhancement atk/dmg
    Health shoulders, 0 essentia, immune to sicken/disease/nausea, +0 enhancement Fortitude
    Incarnate soul, 2 essentia, +2 insight AC
    Sphinx hands, 0 essentia, +1 to Str checks and Str skills ; BOUND TO HANDS, pounce with natural weapons
    Strongheart heart, 2 essentia, take 3 less ability damage (doesn't affect drain)
    Wormtail waist, 1 essentia, +3 natural armor
    Impulse feet, 0 essentia, uncanny dodge and +0 enhancement Reflex
    Yrthak brow, 0 essentia, +4 Listen


    Spoiler: meldshaper status for Miss Chief (31 of 32 hp, AC 19 (+2 vs evil))
    Show
    6 melds (one expanded capacity), 4 essentia, 1 bind to crown and 1 bind to totem:
    Hunter's crown, 0 essentia, +2 Heal and Survival ; BOUND TO CROWN, Track feat
    Lammasu arms, expanded capacity, 3 essentia, +2 deflection AC vs evil creatures, +3 resistance saves vs evil creatures ; BOUND TO TOTEM, breathe 15' cone of 4d4 fire
    Kruthik hands, 0 essentia, +4 to Hide/Silent
    Health shoulders, 0 essentia, immune to sicken/disease/nausea
    Blink heart, 0 essentia, may dimdoor 10' as a standard action
    Wormtail waist, 1 essentia, +3 natural armor


    "Very vigorous knocki-- OW! Hey, who did that? Do you mind, I just got this fur back!"
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-06-17 at 08:54 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Kiyoko is only mildly annoyed by the liquid splashing on her.

    Spoiler: Rolls/Stats
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[15]
    Hp: 41 AC: 19
    spell points 10/10 25/25

    Alchemist fire does nothing against her resistances

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    [OOC:Btw, forgot something. Any magic or alignments? I did state that Deku auto detects everytime he moves to a new area.]
    If there is anything to detect, or if you have time to run a dectection sweep, I'll let you know..
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    24. Sniper in which window shoots at Tori with a crossbow. He is dressed in black commando gear with a cloth mask.

    (1d20+5)[6], crit (1d20+5)[16] , dam (1d8)[1]

    (Need initiative for the gnolls)
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    FF: (d20+7)[13]
    Axe: (d20+3)[7]

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Monoku moves up to the door. "Now that was just uncalled for. Here, let me try my key." she remarks moving up to the door and grabbing her cold iron katana, drawing it in one quick slash.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Monoku is in Blinded blade style and gets into the Crane Style as well.
    Fighting Defensively - AC is 22 but takes a -2 to hit.

    (1d20+8)[24] Strike with the katana
    If crit (1d20+8)[14]

    Normal Strike damage (1d8+3)[8]
    Crit Strike damage (1d8+3)[10]

    Iajistus Focus (1d20+11)[20]
    If IF is 10-14(1d6)[2]
    15-19(1d6)[1]
    20-24(1d6)[2]


    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The door falls open.

    1: at Tori (1d20+2)[20], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[15]; dam (1d8)[4]

    2: at Tori (1d20+2)[17], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[7]; dam (1d8)[7]

    3: at Tori (1d20+2)[10], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[13]; dam (1d8)[5]

    4: at Tori (1d20+2)[8], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[22]; dam (1d8)[6]

    5: at Tori (1d20+2)[12], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[16]; dam (1d8)[3]

    6: at Tori (1d20+2)[4], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[13]; dam (1d8)[4]

    7: at Tori (1d20+2)[3], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[13]; dam (1d8)[6]

    8: at Tori (1d20+2)[8], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[11]; dam (1d8)[6]

    9: at Tori (1d20+2)[15], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[17]; dam (1d8)[1]

    10: at Tori (1d20+2)[10], crit 19-20?(1d20+2)[9]; dam (1d8)[2]

    1: at Monoku (1d20+10)[16], crit 19-20?(1d20+10)[14]; dam (1d8)[7]

    Releasing a swarm of crowbow bolts from the men taking cover behind crates.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    As the door swings open, cascades of bolts fly out towards Tori, all of them bouncing off of his shiny Mithral armor. "Now exactly what are you folks trying to accomplish with that? I suggest you all calm down so we can talk, before you make me angry" Tori moves forward out of the flames, preparing to shield his allies from another onslaught of arrows if need be.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    AC is 30 in Hybrid Form
    I'll move inside to get out of the flames
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Your choice. Diplomacy or intimidate?
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    OOC: Diplomacy, since I can only intimidate 1 person at a a time without any Display feats

    (1d20+5)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Can I have a map update?
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-06-18 at 10:37 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Can I have a map update?
    (positions in OOC, but that have been just made irrelevant)

    "HOLD FIRE" shouts a hidden voice.

    "He can talk, so we can talk. What do you want?"
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rakaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Flail flind grinned, and opened her mouth to interject, when she was interrupted by Axe. "Mum, shouldn't we check out the chicken noises? These people don't seen to be worth your time."
    "Aww, but I was gonna..."
    "Chickens. You were hungry anyway."
    "I am n-*rumble*...ot. dammit, fine."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •