Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 647
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Saves
    Rear mast
    (1d20+2)[12]

    Aft castle
    (1d20+2)[4]
    (1d20+2)[3]

    Forecastle
    (1d20+2)[15] hi

    Edit: all the octogoblins die.

    There is a pause while the were horse climbs the steps and takes the wheel, while her friends stand up, and the newcomers mount climbs aboard. It, and the riders end up in the middle of the deck between the masts.

    While she may not know the right way to stir a ship, she at least unjams it so the ship isn't pulling hard to port. Now it is just bouncing around a bit.

    Just as introductions are commencing, Spears rain from the sky!
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-30 at 05:52 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Thunk! Thunk!

    Horse
    (1d20+4)[7], crit? (1d20+4)[15], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[2]

    Ape-dragon
    (1d20+4)[6], crit? (1d20+4)[17], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[2]


    Ratgirl
    (1d20+4)[5], crit? (1d20+4)[11], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[4]

    Badger
    (1d20+4)[5], crit? (1d20+4)[5], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[7]

    Blue panda
    (1d20+4)[6], crit? (1d20+4)[18], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[3]

    Snakemount
    (1d20+4)[21], crit? (1d20+4)[20], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[4]
    (1d20+4)[21], crit? (1d20+4)[18], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[4]
    (1d20+4)[15], crit? (1d20+4)[23], (X3), dam (1d6+1)[6]..

    ..
    Then it starts raining octogoblins!

    If the attack beats your ac you take damage and then defend against a grapple. If it just hits your touch ac (not flat-footed), then you take no damage, but you are still getting grappled.

    Horse
    (1d20+4)[12], crit? (1d20+4)[23], dam (1d6+1)[3]

    Grapple : (1d20+4)[24]

    Ape-dragon
    (1d20+4)[24], crit? (1d20+4)[21], dam (1d6+1)[3]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[7]
    Ratgirl
    (1d20+4)[12], crit? (1d20+4)[11], dam (1d6+1)[3]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[24]

    Badger
    (1d20+4)[12], crit? (1d20+4)[9], dam (1d6+1)[3]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[20]

    Blue panda
    (1d20+4)[10], crit? (1d20+4)[11], dam (1d6+1)[6]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[12]

    Snakemount
    (1d20+4)[24], crit? (1d20+4)[5], dam (1d6+1)[2]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[20]

    (1d20+4)[13], crit? (1d20+4)[24], dam (1d6+1)[4]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[21]

    (1d20+4)[15], crit? (1d20+4)[12], dam (1d6+1)[5]
    Grapple : (1d20+4)[23]
    .....
    Meanwhile, on the pier...


    The man fishing excitedly calls out, "Hey! I hooked something! First bite all week."
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku stands up.

    "I have a bad feeling about this. We should brace for the inevitable if the man hoist an unknown creature from the depths."

    Getting a quiver out from his haversack and strapped, he attempts to see if he can hear or see anything that the fisherman is about to hoist up. He whistles to his dog.

    "Boy. Down!"

    Regardless of whether the dog follows his order to hide or not (not sure if this needs a handle animal check but rolling one anyways just in case), the raven backs off from the starting area a bit (which will depend on which starting area the others are because he is with them).

    Perception: (1d20+11)[13]

    Handle Animal to push an animal if needed: (1d20)[8]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-30 at 09:44 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Whistles usually mean "up", so the dog is confused, but you said "down" so , what ever, it sits back down.

    You can't see anything from where you are. The angle is wrong and the water is pretty dark.

    He seems to be having a hard time pulling it in. You have time to walk over to him where you can see what it is when it breaks the surface.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Deku sighs and walks towards his dog.

    "Up! Follow!"

    The humanoid raven leads it towards a safe hiding spot (outside the map).

    "Down! Wait!"

    After leaving the dog, he returns to the three, awaiting their reaction.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-30 at 10:17 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e2/38...cdf8a5a9c0.jpg



    Spoiler: map
    Show



    edit:
    pier battle set up.

    The grey thing on the bottom left is a sun shelter. That will be the player starting area. If you want to be out in the sun you may choose another area nearby.

    See the long dock in the middle? The darker, lower dock next to it where the boats are tied? The fisherman is on that lower dock. The height difference is 5 ft. The water is about 3 ft below that.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Well, its more interesting than just sitting and waiting for a ship to arrive. Kiyoko gets up, grabbing her staff with her tail, before following the tengu to the docks, transferring the staff to her hand.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Spoiler: Tam meldshaper info
    Show
    8 melds, 8 essentia, 2 binds to crown/feet/hands/totem:
    Crystal helm, 2 essentia, +2 resistance to Will vs charm/compulsion, +2 deflection AC
    Urskan greaves, 0 essentia, icewalk ; BOUND TO FEET, no further benefit without essentia
    Sphinx claws, 0 essentia, +1 competence to Strength checks and Strength skill checks
    Girallon arms, 3 essentia, +2 competence to grapple and Climb checks ; BOUND TO TOTEM, four natural weapons at +0 enhancement atk/dmg
    Blink shirt, 0 essentia, dimdoor 10' as standard action
    Pauldrons of health, 1 essentia, immunity to sickened/naus/disease, Fortitude +1 (to +10)
    Dissolving spittle, 0 essentia, may make 30' ranged touch attacks for 1d6 acid
    Wormtail belt, 2 essentia, +4 enhancement natural armor

    Spoiler: Ratling meldshaper info
    Show
    6 melds (one expanded capacity), 4 essentia, 1 bind to crown and 1 bind to totem:
    Shedu crown, 1 essentia, immune to bull rush, +1 save vs mind-affecting ; BOUND TO CROWN, telepathy 100'
    Kraken mantle, 0 essentia, +8 competence Swim, swim 40' as full-round or 20' as move ; BOUND TO TOTEM, waterbreathing
    Sighting gloves, 1 essentia, +2 insight ranged weapon damage
    Blink shirt, expanded capacity, 0 essentia, dimdoor 30' as standard action
    Kruthik claws, 0 essentia, +4 Hide and Move Silently
    Wormtail belt, 2 essentia, +4 enhancement to natural armor


    "Help! Master Tam! Flying tentacles!" Though the girl calls for help, she seems capable of helping herself, plipping out of existence to reappear in a less squiddy part of the deck. For his part, the dragon-monkey draws in a large breath, opens his jaw far enough to eat a titan's toe, and blasts out a scintillating stream of freezing cold. Mist forms briefly in the wet air, a sail turns into an icesheet, and two of the attackers frost over as well.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Miss Chief will dimdoor away using Blink Shirt. Like the dimension door spell, she can't take another action afterward.

    I presume there's some way to five-foot-step that would get two bad guys and no allies in a 25' line. (3d8)[8] cold damage, Reflex DC 15 for half damage. Can use breath weapon again in (d4)[1] rounds.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Rat girl ends up on the forecastle.

    (1d20+2)[18]
    (1d20+2)[4]
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Tam freezes one to death. The other is unhappy and has bad frostbite on its face.

    It attacks.

    spear(1d20+2)[15], crit? (1d20+2)[22] (x3) , dam (1d6+1)[5], bite(1d20-2)[6], crit? (1d20-2)[16], dam (1d3)[2], save dc 17, or (1d3)[3] dex

    Free trip (1d20+4)[16]

    ---
    Situation recap:

    Horse is on the aft castle at the wheel, with one goblopus.

    BadgerKnight, The Blue Red Panda, and snakemount are between the two masts, with 5 globlopus. This is only about a 15 sq ft area, so its a charlie foxtrot.

    Tam is between the forecastle and the foremast, he has a wounded opponent.

    Ratgirl is now on the forecastle. For a moment she doesn't have a dance partner, then one appears out of thin air next to her. (spell craft or know:arcane) It is an hideous halfling sized blob of tentacles and flesh.

    It tires to grab her.

    (1d20+4)[6], crit? (1d20+5)[24], dam (1d3+1)[3], improved grab (1d20+2)[7]


    (1d20+4)[6], crit? (1d20+5)[13], dam (1d3+1)[3], improved grab (1d20+2)[5]
    ----

    Meanwhile, at the port...

    The Tegu and the Kitsuni walk up to the fisherman, stopping about 10 ft behind him(players may adjust). The blind catwoman and her seeing-eye badger wait at the shelter (pending player response; there will be enough to do regardless of starting position).
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Depending whether the kitsune descendant helps the fisherman with his pull or not, Deku will summon a celestial dolphin (expending the bless slot to spontaneously summon monster I) and (herald caller class feature summon and summoners to understand each other as if they share common language) then backs off to the shelter after instructing it to do the following.

    "Swim down and scout. If the possible catch or what the fisherman is pulling up is harmless, report back. If it is dangerous, attack the creature!"

    Possible attack with smite evil: (1d20+5)[14]

    Possible damage (+2 to damage if evil): (1d4+3)[4]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-31 at 05:03 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror



    https://imge.androidappsapk.co/poste...ersummon_3.png

    (When you summon something, please post the stats or at least a link.)



    Fisherman is at B7

    Tengu is at (well, you want the dolphin to hit the water, so) H7. Kitsuni is at I7
    The white things are canvas tarps on poles providing sun shelter. They are about 7 ft high.

    Everyone else is under the roof at o7.

    Spoiler: no peeking at what is going on with Flipper
    Show


    Aoo 1, (1d20+11)[13], (1d20+11)[22]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[8]. Grab (1d20+15)[28], venom (1d3)[3] con

    Aoo 2, (1d20+11)[27], (1d20+11)[15]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[5]. Grab (1d20+15)[31], venom (1d3)[3] con

    Initiative pus. (1d20+3)[4]
    Initiative dolphin (1d20+2)[22]

    cmb for dolphin, if needed
    (1d20+2)[20]
    (1d20+2)[12]

    Fort save for dolphin, if needed
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[18]


    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    The water roils a bit.

    Spoiler: the continuing adventures of Flipper
    Show


    Grapple check for pus to maintain hold.
    (1d20+15)[21]
    (1d20+15)[16]

    first 4 attacks.

    1, (1d20+11)[17], (1d20+11)[28]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[7]. Grab (1d20+15)[31], venom (1d3)[1] con

    2, Aoo 2, (1d20+11)[20], (1d20+11)[25]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[8]. Grab (1d20+15)[18], venom (1d3)[3] con

    3, Aoo 2, (1d20+11)[19], (1d20+11)[22]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[9]. Grab (1d20+15)[16], venom (1d3)[3] con

    4, Aoo 2, (1d20+11)[15], (1d20+11)[15]crit? , dam (1d6+4)[7]. Grab (1d20+15)[34], venom (1d3)[3] con

    will roll more if needed





    Edit: Tegu is sickeningly aware that he doesn't need to dismiss the summoning spell, and probably has 1 round to cast a buff or run.

    The fishing man is looking at you with a mix of annoyance and amazement. His line jerks wildly for a few seconds, and then becomes still again.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-31 at 06:09 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    (OOC: H7 should not be his location. Deku summoned the dolphin, gave it instruction and backed away to P7 if that is the shelter in his previous post. And my bad for not listing the square he backed to and stats, will do next time).
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-31 at 06:21 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    I should have mentioned the casting direction. He is throwing his line to the north of the pier. Doesn't matter as Flipper didn't last very long.

    You can be at the shelter, which has no walls, btw.

    So, buffs?
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Ship battle

    Needing posts for
    Horse
    badger knight/pet
    And panda.

    The airborne pair may join in.

    ---
    Dock battle.
    You may retro post greetings.
    And take one round to buff and such in the shelter before...

    The fishing man continues to pull in his taunt line.
    "Ah, shoot." He mildly cusses as the line goes slack. "Must have gotten off."

    A python sized snake emerges from the water with hardly a splash and bites at the man.
    Spoiler: snake bite
    Show

    (1d20+5)[23] . Dam (1d6)[2] con (1d3)[3]

    Fort (1d3)[1]




    The snake doesn't try to hold on after biting the man's shoulder. It shakes it's head trying to dislodge the fishing lures caught in it's mouth.

    The man falls, perhaps in surprise or fear as well as injury.

    The snake is partly in the same square as the man, and partly in the square in front of him. Targeting either square may hit the snake.

    Combat has begun. Party moves the snake goes again at start of round 2.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-31 at 10:37 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Unlike her probable future companion, Kiyoko didn't run back after the summoning. When the fisherman was attacked, she was the first to rush forward to help him. Sliding her shield down to her hand, and adjusting her grip on the staff, and adding her tail for some extra oomph, she charges the creature. She also yells at the fisherman to get to safety.

    Spoiler: Actions/Rolls
    Show
    Draw shield, put second "hand" on staff, charge attack the snake creature.
    (1d20+8)[9]
    (1d6+4)[6]

    Kiyoko: 41hp

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Roll to confirm (or deny) critical fumble.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Roll to confirm (or deny) critical fumble.
    Critical Fumble rules? uhoh.

    (1d20)[4]

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Slip,
    Trip,
    *PoING*
    Vault
    TapLE-crash!
    *SPASH*

    Running charge.
    Staff tightly grasped
    Toe finds empty knothole in deck plank.
    Body shifts instictually trying to catch itself,
    But moving too fast.
    Staff tip hits first,
    Jams in gap between planks.
    Results in ungaingly pole vault.
    Crashes into tackel box.
    Nose into bait bucket of raw chicken organs.
    Feet collect fishing line.
    Tail collects hooked lure resembling crawdad.
    Slide-roll off dock.
    Snake pivots to watch the passing fox.
    The water is cold.

    The kitsuni disappears into the murky water.

    For a worrying ten seconds she is gone.

    Then her tail, then rear, covered in fishing gear emerges from the water.

    Then the rest of her.
    Then the greenish transparent blister she is laying on.
    There is a hooded figure inside it.
    Then the head (mantle really) of the giant octopus...the passenger blister is above the eyes where the forehead would be...
    Then 7 more snakes...
    Which turn out to be snake heads on the ends of the octopus's arms.

    The fisherman does run away.



    Fox lady is eye to...where the eyes should be, under the hood of the ...man?...on the other side of the transparent conopy.

    His head tilts, as though considering her.

    In her mind she hears
    Spoiler: a lispy voice say
    Show
    Hello Friend. Have you heard the Good News? About the immenient awakening of our Lord and Devourer?
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-05-31 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Spelling fix
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Unlike the fox or tengu, the cat woman calmly begins walking towards the snake, with the badger behind her. Both unleashing their weapons as they approach. "It smells rather fishy." "It is a fish.. thing." "That explains it. Seems to be a lot of them. Ready?" She asks as she approaches the first snake, unleashing her first attack.


    Spoiler: Mōmoku
    Show

    Mōmoku AC 23 now. Uncanny dodge
    36/36 hp
    Location:

    Swift - Crane Style.. though technically already in it

    Kitsune Mystique - Can feint as part of a move action
    (1d20+11)[28]

    Fighting Defensively only incurs a -2 to my AC for a +4 to AC due to ranks in acrobatics and Crane style

    +1 Merciful Katana - NonLethal Active
    (1d20+7)[27]
    If Crit (1d20+7)[17]

    (1d8+3)[7] + (1d6)[3]
    If Crit add (1d8+3)[11]
    If the enemy is flat footed
    Iajitsu Focus
    (1d20+11)[15]
    If 10-14 if 15-19 if 20-24
    (1d6)[6] + (1d6)[6] + (1d6)[3]

    Miss Chance
    20% Chance
    (1d100)[64]
    (1d100)[8]




    Spoiler: Anaguma
    Show

    AC 17 (Increases by +1 for each enemy adjacent to her

    Not as much going on mechanically with her
    Masterwork Kusigmai
    (1d20+6)[11]
    If Crit (1d20+6)[26]

    (1d6+2)[7]
    If Crit add (1d6+2)[8]

    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Seeing the octopus creature swallow the kitsune fills Deku with righteous anger. Taking drawing out his bow, he pronounce a destructive judgement on his foes (swift action) and summons a spiritual scimitar that swings at the head of the snake head that the cat woman and her badger companion is currently engaging with after flying to its destination. (Not sure if this is the same space as A6-7 & B6-7 but the scimitar is targetting the head that Momuku attacked)

    Spiritual Weapon attack (crit at 18-20 & x2 damage if crit confirm): (1d20+7)[16]
    Spiritual Weapon Damage: (1d6+1)[7]

    Spoiler: HP/Conditions/Effects active
    Show

    Deku: 40/40

    Spiritual Weapon: 5 rounds

    Judgement (Destruction): +2 damage on his attack for the rest of the combat.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-05-31 at 06:33 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Momentarily stunned, Kiyoko whimpers once she realizes where she's at. "For the record, I have never met any of these people, and I was just trying to get the fisherman out."

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Momentarily stunned, Kiyoko whimpers once she realizes where she's at. "For the record, I have never met any of these people, and I was just trying to get the fisherman out."
    Diplomacy/ bluff check.

    Will save vs charm.

    Now let me turn my laptop back on to get the monster stats...
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Diplomacy (1d20-1)[16] +4 if Evil Outsider
    Will (1d20+6)[12]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Ok. Let's see what we've got...

    Badgerboy(girl?)/Anaguma is at , lets say he climbed to the higher dock...C8. He misses his attacks.

    Looks like I was calling the fisherman's location incorrectly.
    Should have been c7. That is where Catwoman is now.

    Mōmoku is at c7. Crit does not confirm. Secon attack misses.

    The wack that does hit knocks 'fishhook ' head out.

    --
    The Spiritual Weapon redirects to the next head, and misses.

    --
    Kiyoko has made a new friend. He is letting her in on the Good News as she hangs on to the canopy of the octophis.

    HE will bring peace as HE devours all. HE brings forth a world without strife or discrimination. HE consumes all equally.

    She starts to sing along even as he teachers her the Initiants' Rhymes.

    "Ik'thulu' -'ll eat me,
    This I know,
    For the Codex Tells me so..."
    --

    The octophis attacks.

    ...after I take the baby for a walk...
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    <the mid Ramadan school break has screwed up everybody's nap schedules. >

    Three snake heads attack Badger.
    Three attack cat.
    One stands ready to keep Fox from falling off...

    Attacks on Badgerboy:

    tentacle bite 1 (1d20+11)[25] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[22]; damage (1d6+4)[5] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[3] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[17]

    tentacle bite 2 (1d20+11)[30] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[31]; damage (1d6+4)[8] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[3] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[31]

    tentacle bite 3 (1d20+11)[28] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[23]; damage (1d6+4)[6] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[1] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[21]

    Attacks on Cat:

    tentacle bite 4 (1d20+11)[14] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[27]; damage (1d6+4)[6] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[2] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[19]

    tentacle bite 5 (1d20+11)[30] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[14]; damage (1d6+4)[5] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[2] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[31]

    tentacle bite 6 (1d20+11)[24] melee , crit?(1d20+11)[30]; damage (1d6+4)[7] bite, fort dc 17 or (1d3)[3] con (no secondary), and grapple
    (1d20+15)[26]

    Mean while, 5 Redish-brown, squat, halfling sized octopus-things climb up the dock pilings at I- 2, 7, 9, 18, and 20.

    ---
    Where is Tengu's location, and are you sure you want the Spiritual weapon attacking snake heads instead of octopus body?

    ---
    Ik-thu-lu eats the little chilllll-dren,
    All of the chil-dren in the world.
    Red, yellow, black n white
    they are h'dourves in His sight.
    Ik-thu-lu eats the children of the world!
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Each of the spears plinks off of the magic armor of the new arrivals. Then, the serpent attacks the two goblins threatening the blue panda, first with its tail, then with its bite.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks: tail: (1d20+10)[30], tail: (1d20+10)[17], bite: (1d20+10)[13]

    Damage: (2d6+5)[14], (2d6+5)[11], (1d8+5)[9]

    Two tail attacks are DC 18 fort or daze for 1 turn if they hit. Prioritizing undazed, conscious targets.


    Then, the blue panda tries to cast again, conjuring more fog.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting defensively, if needed: (1d20+11)[28], DC 17

    Damage: (1d6)[4]

    Hit the unique monster, plus two gobbos on me if still alive and unstunned, plus the next closest one.


    The badger, on the other hand, looks disgusted at the goblins nearest, and attempts to skewer one on his lance without touching it. "Disgusting! I thought this was a glorious battle, not a pest extermination!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11], damage: (1d6-2)[1]
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2019-06-01 at 04:29 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Each of the spears plinks off of the magic armor of the new arrivals. Then, the serpent attacks the two goblins threatening the blue panda, first with its tail, then with its bite.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks: tail: (1d20+2)[21], tail: (1d20+2)[10], bite: (1d6+1)[6]

    Damage: (1d3)[1], (1d3)[3], (1d20+4)[14]

    Two tail attacks are DC 18 fort or daze for 1 turn if they hit. Prioritizing undazed, conscious targets.


    Then, the blue panda tries to cast again, conjuring more fog.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting defensively, if needed: (1d20+2)[22], DC 17

    Damage: (1d20+2)[7]

    Hit the unique monster, plus two gobbos on me if still alive and unstunned, plus the next closest one.


    The badger, on the other hand, looks disgusted at the goblins nearest, and attempts to skewer one on his lance without touching it. "Disgusting! I thought this was a glorious battle, not a pest extermination!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d6+1)[3], damage: (1d3)[3]
    The BadgerKnight misses.
    The Snakemount SPATTERS 3 of them.
    The spell injures but does not kill the closest two, does kill the one fighting Tam, and Injures tentacle beast on the forecastle.

    Of the remaining two, one tries to run towards the aft castle (attack of opportunity for mount), and the other attacks the panda.

    spear (1d20+2)[21], crit?(x3) (1d20+2)[10], dam (1d6+1)[6], bite [roll]1d202[/roll], crit?[roll]1d202[/roll] , dam (1d3)[1], fort dc 17 or (1d3)[3] dex

    Auto trip (1d20+4)[14]

    --
    While I have this typed out, here is the attack on Horse if she doesn't kill it first.


    spear (1d20+2)[22], crit?(x3) (1d20+2)[7], dam (1d6+1)[3], bite [roll]1d202[/roll], crit?[roll]1d202[/roll] , dam (1d3)[3], fort dc 17 or (1d3)[2] dex

    Auto trip (1d20+4)[12]
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: (IC) The Tentacle Terror

    what is wrong with the bite attacks?
    maybe those are dashes instead of minuses.

    Trying again.

    panda
    (1d20-2)[6], crit?(1d20-2)[8]


    horse
    (1d20-2)[6], crit?(1d20-2)[4]
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >


    ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •