Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: (ooc) The Tentacle Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    You mentioned charm, is this Charm Person, or charm monster/ just some charm Su ability? And do I get a spellcraft to identify it? I'm Outsider(Native), not Humanoid.
    It doesn't matter. Since it is an anthropomorphic campaign most of the mind control monsters have been adjusted to use 'charm intelligent life-form' so we don't have to track who is a humanoid, monstrous humanoid, magical creature, shape shifter, fey, or outsider. Charm Monster and Dominate are also in play, but with higher DCs.

Since you are Charmed, you don't care about the nature of the effect, but you might roll for it after it wears off.

For now you are just happy to be friends with the guy driving the octopus and are trying not to fall off his wind-shield.

Oh, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us..
    Oh, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us...
    Yes, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us....
    HE's gonna eat us all!
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I've got all Knowledge as class skills, but Mythos isn't exactly a traditional knowledge. Should I check it off as one, or no?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've got all Knowledge as class skills, but Mythos isn't exactly a traditional knowledge. Should I check it off as one, or no?
    ...how evil should the gm be here....

Yes. It is now a class skill for you.
    and roll percents and note it as your fractional part of the skill.

I'll explain later...

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

4. - Top - End - #94

BardGuy

... I can not keep my damn mouth shut.
    (1d100)[36]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

... I can not keep my damn mouth shut.
    *snerk*

Player Character Defense
    (AC, Touch, FF)
    Senses Initiative Melee/Range CMD/grapple
    Kiyoko 19, 13, 16 DV 60',
    Perception +10
    +3 yes/- CMD 18
    Tam 23, 13, 21 mundane +2 thwack 5', spit 30', breath 25' line grapple usually +12
    ratling 18, 12, 16 low-light, scent +2 claw 5', crossbow 120' increment grapple +4
    Mōmoku 19 18 13 Scent, Blindsense 5 feet +3 +1 Silver Ghost touched Katan, Cold Iron Katan, +1 Mercififul Katana CMD 23
    Anaguma 17 17 15 Low Light +2 Kuragami (reach/not), Fist, Shuriken 10 feet CMD 22
    Deku 19, 13, 16 Low Light +7 +1 Masterwork Ghost Touch Elven Curved Blade 5', Cold Iron/Silver Cestus 5', Beak (Bite Attack) 5', +1 Masterwork Composite Longbow 110' CMD 18
    Last edited by Dimers; 2019-06-01 at 10:29 AM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

hey Dimmers, since you are up, you can go ahead and do actions. Rat is fighting a tentacle mass on the forecastle.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

7. - Top - End - #97

BardGuy

... Just remembered I get an extra +2 vs enchantment, didn't add Still Mind to the main total. >.<
    Oh well, I get to learn new things. Wonderful, horrible things.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to see a thing in the book before I can post actions. This is my first time actually playing an incarnum character, so I'm double-checking a lot. I'm at work now, I'll be boardgaming immediately after, and then I'm installing a friend's stereo, so it'll be at least ten hours.

Staying so active is nice.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Oh well. That is pretty much it for cat and badger.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Fear not. The Lord, and the DM, work in mysterious ways...

Any chance of causing damage?

Current home hp?
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-06-01 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Autocorrect fail

Spoiler:
    Show

]

11. - Top - End - #101

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    (Who says all the PC's have to be on the same side?)
    You claim that PCs do not have to be on the same side.
    The fact that I'm not a Kraken Caller has determined that to be a lie.

That horse or mule is looking rather useful at the moment...
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-06-01 at 01:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If you earn enough points to actually call a kracken and we'll see.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

13. - Top - End - #103

BardGuy

For some reason, I feel like that many points is a bad thing.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Tri, looks like you forgot the roll tags.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    It doesn't matter. Since it is an anthropomorphic campaign most of the mind control monsters have been adjusted to use 'charm intelligent life-form' so we don't have to track who is a humanoid, monstrous humanoid, magical creature, shape shifter, fey, or outsider. Charm Monster and Dominate are also in play, but with higher DCs.

Since you are Charmed, you don't care about the nature of the effect, but you might roll for it after it wears off.

For now you are just happy to be friends with the guy driving the octopus and are trying not to fall off his wind-shield.

Oh, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us..
    Oh, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us...
    Yes, Ik-thu-lu 'll eat us....
    HE's gonna eat us all!
    You can say that he is fairly charming.

Hope he is not an illithid disguised as a humanoid via mind control/illusions, weakening the player in order to suck out their brains.

Anyways, about targeting body parts and the octopus itself, I am not sure if you are clear or not because you stated that all the snake heads and it are one creature then you stated that they are separate creatures. After you clear that up, I will need your clarification whether my tengu needs to use his move action to direct it to another since the snake head it is already down.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

confused Re: (ooc) The Tentacle Terror

Let's go with you don't need to redirect. Just roll attack and damage for the spell ,and I'll apply the effect wherever is most cinmatically advantageous.

The octophis is an octopus with snakes combined with it's tentacles. Technically, the sunder action is supposed to be needed to Target individual tentacles, but that seemed overly complicated.

Your "judgement" effect applies to the whole creature. Your spell targeting applies to the whole creature.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah, judgement is straightforward in that it applies to every enemies, current & incoming than say the wrath spell which specifies one enemy. Thanks for clarification. I am going to wait until niw18 posts his actions before I go. My tengu might have something in his sleeves or robes to help zatoichi kitty or Momoku.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-01 at 09:17 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Forgot to mention IC: The fog still is DC 18 will save or daze. Also, it does that once a turn, not sure if I should manage the damage rolls or you?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Forgot to mention IC: The fog still is DC 18 will save or daze. Also, it does that once a turn, not sure if I should manage the damage rolls or you?
    Go ahead and roll the damage.

The pet gets an aoo on the gob trying to flee.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Still waiting for niw18. Question regarding Momoku. He can still move after he attacks, right? Because I am not sure we are using turn based system since we do not roll for initiatives for this battle.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-06-01 at 11:58 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

d20 Re: (ooc) The Tentacle Terror

The cat samurai (female I believe) can make a move action, but is currently immobilized by grapple. If you manage to free her she could move. Two arms are grappling her.

The badger (player has been inconsistent with pronouns, but I think male) is in a similar situation, but is only held by one arm/tentacle.

The kitsuni can attempt something social as she is technically currently allied with all parties and is in telepathic contact with the driver, who has been using most of his/its actions to teach her hymns and try to sell her a Codex.

After for where we are in the round, Yas and NIW have a go, then the monsters have their turn. Hellfire can make a social action action at anytime.

Yas, unless your trick involves the spitual weapon, you can go ahead and roll damage for it and describe the rest of your turn later.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler:
    Show

]

23. - Top - End - #113

BardGuy

At the moment, Kiyoko is mentally off guard, a little afraid, and Charmed. Make me realize I'm charmed, or trick me into proving i'm not charmed so I can cast a Protection from Evil (and pray I don't roll low again) and help you guys.

The whole "selling me the codex" thing is almost working. I don't have the money, I'm not too keen on selling my animals, and I haven't fallen far enough to sacrifice people's souls. She's also not that good at stealing.

But... yea. Save us Niw18! I can only unintentionally distract the octophis so well!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You could try a peacemaking activity.
    Though how well that would go with an activ attack spell...

Spoiler:
    Show

]

25. - Top - End - #115

BardGuy

Have you seen my social stats? They're negative. Not to mention, I doubt an envoy of some greater being calling itself a Devourer would be too interested in a peaceful resolution, aside from recruitment. I honestly have no clue what to say for that, even to give the rest of the party a little breather.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Desperate times....

If you roll low enough it might drop everyone else to concentrate on eating you.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

27. - Top - End - #117

BardGuy

Or if I'm rude enough. Negative social skills can be useful.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

The dragon team made it's posted hopefully it helps cat lady or at least by tengu guy time to do whatever he has up his sleeve.

I will also post again if the chance comes up as fast and as many times as I can
    Last edited by niw18; 2019-06-02 at 01:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    posted the dragon team made it's posted hopefully it helps cat lady or at least by tengu guy time to do whatever he has up his sleeve
    Wait. Aren't I on top of the grey robed man? This is gonna hurt.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ummm my understanding he was not on deck but floating above the ship if not well then you have to make the save for half