New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Exalted 2 Lunar, new player, min-maxer need help

Hello guys :)

As I was to effective as a solar in my group so I am going to build a Lunar and be the ultimate hunter(wanted a change and my DM said to me that the lunar will do what I want).

I want to be able to hunt everything and I made a list of KNACKS I will need. I am going to be the main melee guy in combat so I need to find a way to survive, some broken combos for defense will be welcome.

I am basing the character on 3 songs:
    Hulkoff - Beastmode
    Hulkoff - Jarfr
    Hulkoff - Scyth

I will like to also find some blood magic to do(stuff like using my enemies life for my benefits).

As it is my first non D&D TTRPG I will like your help.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Exalted 2 Lunar, new player, min-maxer need help

Exact Errata version? Any Houserules?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldstreak View Post
    Exact Errata version? Any Houserules?
    Well, I don't know how many Errata version there are, what I do know is that we use the rules that says that combos don't cost extra to create and use. It is 2 edition.

We use the books the DM owns so I can't really check (his book is updated to as it is a translated version). I use the internet for info and I can't really find everything. I am sorry I am unable to answer your question properly as I am the one who benefits from your help.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-05-23 at 08:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

For Exalted, the errata version is like really important, the "2.5" errata (also known es the "Scroll of Errata" ebook) is massive and changes just about everything in some very fundamental ways.

I'd need to look up my stuff since it's been quite a few years since I've taken a look at Lunars, but making a Lunar practically unkillable for all intents and purposes should be pretty much trivial in Exalted 2 if I remember correctly, if you stack health levels, armor, regeneration and so on.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    For Exalted, the errata version is like really important, the "2.5" errata (also known es the "Scroll of Errata" ebook) is massive and changes just about everything in some very fundamental ways.

I'd need to look up my stuff since it's been quite a few years since I've taken a look at Lunars, but making a Lunar practically unkillable for all intents and purposes should be pretty much trivial in Exalted 2 if I remember correctly, if you stack health levels, armor, regeneration and so on.
    I asked the DM, he said that we play 2 edition but if i ask to use some rules from 2.5 or 3 it is OK.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    I asked the DM, he said that we play 2 edition but if i ask to use some rules from 2.5 or 3 it is OK.
    OK, coz this
    combos don't cost extra to create and use
    is from 2.5. As for 3, it is a different system altogether.

Is your character a starting Lunar?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

You're in luck! Among their advantages, Lunars have the benefit of being able to make deals with the Fair Folk, which always work out for the best.

Being a fine young plunderer with an eye towards bloodshed, hunting, and sorcery, you are sure to find something appealing among the minor baubles herein. Yours for the taking of course, by right of might if nothing else.

Cauldron of Life

Sorcerers will claim that power comes at a price - though the Exalted pay with lighter coins than most, it is only the truly visionary ones who understand the primal truths of Creation: the size of the price is of no concern to a true warrior, only who must pay it! The Cauldron was forged with this insight, a seemingly mundane metal basin but for the runes carved in the bottom. When properly blessed by a Knowing One, it holds power until Luna turns her eye from world, becoming a means by which life itself can be mastered.

Once the runes are covered in the lifeblood of an enemy and mixed with certain herbs, a paste forms in the Cauldron which contains the full power of the life poured into it. This supernatural salve can heal the worst wounds, vanquish poison, restore the wounded in whom the slightest flicker of life persists... And if properly preserved, it can keep for decades. Thus the owner of the Cauldron and his warband need never fear the risks of battle, for only their fallen foes will pay for them.

Mechanics

This is a 1 dot Outward Facing Oneiromancy which creates the healing salve (working like Celestial Wine) as specified. It requires some maintenance to keep functioning, which can be done by a Lunar (requires a charm and committed motes), a feyblood shaman, or a Raksha minion. More powerful versions exist which can raise those sacrificed to the Cauldron to fight for you once more, grant near immortality, and other such feats.

Wolf Soul Pelt

There is a hunger in the heart of each man - nay, of each thing that truly lives - a need to rip, to bite, to claim and devour. A wolf knows this hunger as well as any many or better, for the wolf does not hide from it. And so the Pelt, which gives the hunger shape and binds it to the service of its master, to tear through any obstacle and ignore the feeble blows of the prey. When it is not worn, its master can grant it life and motion on its own, to join the pack and hunt alongside other warriors.

Wearing the Pelt allows its master to deliver extremely powerful blows even - especially - unarmed, wounds that will not heal easily if at all, strikes that are best compared to artifact weapons. It also can also deflect weak attacks, and take on the shape of a wolf to hunt at its master's command, with fangs and hide as potent as those it grants.

Mechanics

This is a 2- or 3- dot Behemoth, with Bestial Shape and Person's Heart, allowing it to take on characteristics of a wolf and share its powers with its master. One meant for combat will inflict considerable damage and have reasonable soak. More powerful beasts become very hard to hurt (and can share this trait) but do not grow significantly more dangerous - they are dangerous enough as is. Keeping such a thing content is a major investment on the part of a Lunar (committed motes), but the task can be assigned to a feyblood beast master or a Raksha Worker - the latter will typically allow the beast to be more potent than expected.

Raven Song

Once, the lord of birds wrote the secrets of his kin on a flurry of leaves falling from the First Tree. The wind scattered this knowing across Creation and beyond, for fear that men might discover it. Most were lost, returning to the earth as new trees where birds could hide and whisper their lore to one another. But the Song was carried so far that the wind learned a bit of it, and the winds are incurable gossips.

When someone with the proper insight has heard the Song, and sworn to keep the ravens fed, they learn to dance ravens do, stepping on the wind and flying where they wish. The Song is so powerful that its user need not take on the shape of a bird to fly, merely will it so.

Mechanics

This is a 1 dot Adjuration, granting the power of flight. A Lunar must commit a single mote to the Song, or learn a charm. Feybloods or Raksha who are exposed to the Song can also gain the ability, but only for themselves.

How do I get these?

You have a few options:

- Personal Commitment: as a Lunar, spend 1 bonus point to get a Grace. This allows you to use Fair Folk artifacts (like those above). Then buy the artifacts normally (cost is the dots of the artifacts - cheap!). You need to supply the committed motes, though.

- Feyblood: spend background points to get a feyblooded follower, and artifact points to get artifacts. The follower will supply the motes, but cannot give you the benefits of an Adjuration. The artifacts may be more loyal to your follower, unless you have a Grace.

- Raksha: spend background points to have a Raksha Ally. They may come with a plethora of artifacts, and will likely be willing to use them on your behalf with utter loyalty. A sufficiently devoted Raksha can create more artifacts, or grant you powers significantly beyond those described above.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, coz this

is from 2.5. As for 3, it is a different system altogether.

Is your character a starting Lunar?
    Yes, but I start Casteless. My Spirit form is an Eagle.

We had a game last night so I wont like to change what I got until now.

after bonus points and extra bonus points from stuff I have:
    Attributes:

5 STR/DEX/STAM/Precep(Favored)/INT(Favored)
    4 Wits
    3 Appearance
    1 Cha/Man
    I have -1 to all social and a bad smell of blood from be(A flaw I liked) and I get extra necromancy spells 3 from the first circle and 1 from the second circle If I will choose to open it.

Abilities:
    5 Athletics/Awareness/Integrity/Martial Arts/Resistance/Survival(Favored)/Occult(Favored)
    1 everything else.

Specialties:
    2 Blood magic(spell with a sacrifice and blood)
    2 natural weapons(for my forms combat)

I have 5 Essence

Virtues:
    4 Valor
    3 Conviction
    1 Temperance/Compassion

Backgrounds:
    2 A snake tattoo that can come to life and have an incapacitating venom that work on everything(easy to resist)
    5 Tall:Green Eay Devil - Your Tell is legendary among your kind- and anyone who has listened to their bedtimes stories as a child will know you at once as false, as a shapechanging spirit standing revealed. Iroincally, this very twist seems to enhance all other aspects of your protean nature- perhaps it was a dark blessing of the No Moons... or a Curse from Luna. In any case, you begin with +11 Freebies, and your Deadly Beastman Shape has it's limits improved by 3- you can have a max of (Essence +3) x3 Attribute points, which can rise to a max of Attribute + Essence + 3, and have Essence +3 Gifts.

The DM said that the Freebies are extra points for the war form mutations.

Knacks:

Humble Mouse Shape
    Emerald Grasshopper Form
    Towering Beast Form
    Mountainous Spirit Expression
    Illimitable Beast Declaration
    Emperor Ox Expansion
    Becoming The Swarm
    Tyrant Mouse Dominion
    Prey's Skin Disguise
    Green Sun Child
    Heart-Theft Of The Behemoth
    Hearth-And-Flame Shell
    Ash And Tears Banquet
    Deadly Beastman Transformation
    Perfected Hybrid Interaction
    Terrifying Beastman Alteration
    Devastating Ogre Enhancement

Shapes:
    only the true and the war, I lost everything else in the last game.

I have to choose now charms, gifts and spells.
    I have to take 4(total) charms from Preception and Intelligence(lowest have to be 1)
    I need to find 8 gifts I want to take.
    I have 1 special that can buy everything but Essence that I need to use.
    I have to choose 3 spells from first the circle of necromancy and 1 from the second the circle of necromancy

I don't think I need to work to much on my war form. Right now have 13 on all Physical Attributes, 11 Perception and same as regular form on other Attributes. and those mutations active:
    4 Regen
    1 Night Vision
    2 Talons “punch” deals two lethal damage, the “kick” five lethal damage
    2 Toxin (5L/action, 2, –/–, -2
    4 Lidless Demon Eye: This blight is identical to the Chakra Eye affliction discussed previously, except that the eye glows with an unearthly green light that makes stealth impossible while the eye is exposed. The Lidless Demon Eye confers all of the benefits and drawbacks of the Chakra Eye except as follows. First, the Lidless Demon Eye can automatically perceive invisible and dematerialized creatures without the need for a roll. Second, the character can detect the use of Essence and magic as if he had used the Charm All-Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight (see Exalted, p. 222). Finally, attempting to cover the eye sufficiently to conceal its light is quite painful for the character, inflicting a -3 internal penalty on all actions while the light of the Lidless Demon Eye is concealed.
    6 Terrifying Mane
    6 Wings

I want to focus on spell casting.

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    You're in luck! Among their advantages, Lunars have the benefit of being able to make deals with the Fair Folk, which always work out for the best.

Being a fine young plunderer with an eye towards bloodshed, hunting, and sorcery, you are sure to find something appealing among the minor baubles herein. Yours for the taking of course, by right of might if nothing else.

Cauldron of Life

Sorcerers will claim that power comes at a price - though the Exalted pay with lighter coins than most, it is only the truly visionary ones who understand the primal truths of Creation: the size of the price is of no concern to a true warrior, only who must pay it! The Cauldron was forged with this insight, a seemingly mundane metal basin but for the runes carved in the bottom. When properly blessed by a Knowing One, it holds power until Luna turns her eye from world, becoming a means by which life itself can be mastered.

Once the runes are covered in the lifeblood of an enemy and mixed with certain herbs, a paste forms in the Cauldron which contains the full power of the life poured into it. This supernatural salve can heal the worst wounds, vanquish poison, restore the wounded in whom the slightest flicker of life persists... And if properly preserved, it can keep for decades. Thus the owner of the Cauldron and his warband need never fear the risks of battle, for only their fallen foes will pay for them.

Mechanics

This is a 1 dot Outward Facing Oneiromancy which creates the healing salve (working like Celestial Wine) as specified. It requires some maintenance to keep functioning, which can be done by a Lunar (requires a charm and committed motes), a feyblood shaman, or a Raksha minion. More powerful versions exist which can raise those sacrificed to the Cauldron to fight for you once more, grant near immortality, and other such feats.

Wolf Soul Pelt

There is a hunger in the heart of each man - nay, of each thing that truly lives - a need to rip, to bite, to claim and devour. A wolf knows this hunger as well as any many or better, for the wolf does not hide from it. And so the Pelt, which gives the hunger shape and binds it to the service of its master, to tear through any obstacle and ignore the feeble blows of the prey. When it is not worn, its master can grant it life and motion on its own, to join the pack and hunt alongside other warriors.

Wearing the Pelt allows its master to deliver extremely powerful blows even - especially - unarmed, wounds that will not heal easily if at all, strikes that are best compared to artifact weapons. It also can also deflect weak attacks, and take on the shape of a wolf to hunt at its master's command, with fangs and hide as potent as those it grants.

Mechanics

This is a 2- or 3- dot Behemoth, with Bestial Shape and Person's Heart, allowing it to take on characteristics of a wolf and share its powers with its master. One meant for combat will inflict considerable damage and have reasonable soak. More powerful beasts become very hard to hurt (and can share this trait) but do not grow significantly more dangerous - they are dangerous enough as is. Keeping such a thing content is a major investment on the part of a Lunar (committed motes), but the task can be assigned to a feyblood beast master or a Raksha Worker - the latter will typically allow the beast to be more potent than expected.

Raven Song

Once, the lord of birds wrote the secrets of his kin on a flurry of leaves falling from the First Tree. The wind scattered this knowing across Creation and beyond, for fear that men might discover it. Most were lost, returning to the earth as new trees where birds could hide and whisper their lore to one another. But the Song was carried so far that the wind learned a bit of it, and the winds are incurable gossips.

When someone with the proper insight has heard the Song, and sworn to keep the ravens fed, they learn to dance ravens do, stepping on the wind and flying where they wish. The Song is so powerful that its user need not take on the shape of a bird to fly, merely will it so.

Mechanics

This is a 1 dot Adjuration, granting the power of flight. A Lunar must commit a single mote to the Song, or learn a charm. Feybloods or Raksha who are exposed to the Song can also gain the ability, but only for themselves.

How do I get these?

You have a few options:

- Personal Commitment: as a Lunar, spend 1 bonus point to get a Grace. This allows you to use Fair Folk artifacts (like those above). Then buy the artifacts normally (cost is the dots of the artifacts - cheap!). You need to supply the committed motes, though.

- Feyblood: spend background points to get a feyblooded follower, and artifact points to get artifacts. The follower will supply the motes, but cannot give you the benefits of an Adjuration. The artifacts may be more loyal to your follower, unless you have a Grace.

- Raksha: spend background points to have a Raksha Ally. They may come with a plethora of artifacts, and will likely be willing to use them on your behalf with utter loyalty. A sufficiently devoted Raksha can create more artifacts, or grant you powers significantly beyond those described above.
    Ok, I really like the 2 fist ones but I have already use all my points but 1(this is a special extra point that can be 1 of everything but not Essence) and the DM said that we will not encounter the Wyld in this game as some players hate it.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-05-25 at 05:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Toxin is stackable, and stackable mutations can be taken up to Essence times, meaning you can boost it to (5L/Action, 6, -/-, -6).

There are several Regeneration mutations in the books, which one is that?

Lunar Hero considers natural weapons "in-form", I've seen it paired with quills/etc.

Claws of the Silver Moon are standard.

Limb-Shielding Growth is a neat gift.

Might-Bolstering Blow is interesting as it can net you motes.

Vigilant Mastiff Technique and its ilk let you protect allies.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Toxin is stackable, and stackable mutations can be taken up to Essence times, meaning you can boost it to (5L/Action, 6, -/-, -6).

There are several Regeneration mutations in the books, which one is that?

Lunar Hero considers natural weapons "in-form", I've seen it paired with quills/etc.

Claws of the Silver Moon are standard.

Limb-Shielding Growth is a neat gift.

Might-Bolstering Blow is interesting as it can net you motes.

Vigilant Mastiff Technique and its ilk let you protect allies.
    Tnx for the answer, I am only in the middle of the lunar book but I will mark those for later.
    I have 2 times Exalted Healing as regeneration. I have taken Toxin as an extra, I want to be base on spells.
    I use this form to ferry the party and our stuff and for basic combat(the stats are high in this form and for now it is way more then I need) I will change the mutations as needed when the time will come and I will remember the stackble stuff.
    Why should I take Toxin more then 1 time?
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-05-25 at 08:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Tnx for the answer, I am only in the middle of the lunar book but I will mark those for later.
    I have 2 times Exalted Healing as regeneration. I have taken Toxin as an extra, I want to be base on spells.
    I use this form to ferry the party and our stuff and for basic combat(the stats are high in this form and for now it is way more then I need) I will change the mutations as needed when the time will come and I will remember the stackble stuff.
    Why should I take Toxin more then 1 time?
    Look up charms in Ink Monkeys and Glories:Luna, not just the splatbook.

There's a regeneration mutation in Debris of the Fallen Races that heals two levels of bashing damage or one level of lethal damage per action (unless the damage is dealt by heat or flame).

Toxin becomes better when stacked. What you have now is Toxicity 2, penalty -2, but it can be Toxicity 6, penalty -6.

I take it you want to be a Necromancer, but what's good for a necromancer depends a lot of the campaign/ST. For instance there's a spell that opens a door to the Underworld, which can be amazing, or useless depending on the campaign. There are spells that are very strong by the rules, but few ST will dare allow them un-houseruled, like Bone Puppet. There are lots of spells concerning ghosts or powered by ghosts (eg. Blind Edge) which again can be amazing or useless depending on how many ghosts are in the story. Spellcasting is also facilitated by gear like spell-capturing cords and Third Hand Orb.

As for the sacred hunt knacks, having so many enables some interesting things like Eristrufa (West p132) mist form, potentially combined with Fog Carrier.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Look up charms in Ink Monkeys and Glories:Luna, not just the splatbook.

There's a regeneration mutation in Debris of the Fallen Races that heals two levels of bashing damage or one level of lethal damage per action (unless the damage is dealt by heat or flame).

Toxin becomes better when stacked. What you have now is Toxicity 2, penalty -2, but it can be Toxicity 6, penalty -6.

I take it you want to be a Necromancer, but what's good for a necromancer depends a lot of the campaign/ST. For instance there's a spell that opens a door to the Underworld, which can be amazing, or useless depending on the campaign. There are spells that are very strong by the rules, but few ST will dare allow them un-houseruled, like Bone Puppet. There are lots of spells concerning ghosts or powered by ghosts (eg. Blind Edge) which again can be amazing or useless depending on how many ghosts are in the story. Spellcasting is also facilitated by gear like spell-capturing cords and Third Hand Orb.

As for the sacred hunt knacks, having so many enables some interesting things like Eristrufa (West p132) mist form, potentially combined with Fog Carrier.
    I will check them. Luckily I have stuff do with a Necromancer in our game.
    I think I like your regeneration mutation.

Ones more, thank you for the help :)

Edit: I think I will not be a spell caster, I don't like the spells.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-05-25 at 01:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Ok, I really like the 2 fist ones but I have already use all my points but 1(this is a special extra point that can be 1 of everything but not Essence) and the DM said that we will not encounter the Wyld in this game as some players hate it.
    An excellent plan! The Wyld is a terrible place and no one should go there. Your lack of minions does make it harder to use the shortcuts to Crazy Raksha Power, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Lunars can learn Fair Folk charms, which are typically weird and require some investment to work with - hence the importance of getting artifacts instead - but there are a few easy options which Essence 5 makes rather impressive.

* Spend 1 bonus point on getting a Sword Grace. You can now use Fair Folk artifacts and learn Raksha Sword Charms, which include the following (no prerequisites beyond having a powerful enough Grace)
    - Always on +1 to Strength and Stamina (counts as from a Charm), no committed motes required.
    - Always on +1 to Dexterity, as above
    - Ability to fly, even without wings (this lets you save on the Wings mutation in your transformation... - take it twice to get double speed)
    - +2 Specialty that stacks with existing specialties (for +4 dice to combat, say...)
    - Add +Essence to a natural weapon (for instance +4 Attack and +1 Damage at Essence 5 - you need to pick an assignment and stick to it)

* Spend 1 bonus point on getting a Ring Grace. You can now use Fair Folk artifacts and learn Raksha Ring Charms. The one you're most interested in is
    - +5 Damage to unarmed attacks, causing aggravated damage too. Always on. No committed motes. No prerequisites. Essence 5 is great.
    - Eventually +2 * Essence to Bashing and Lethal soak. Requires a Charm chain, so less interesting
    - Eventually get +1 stunt die to anything you do, and cast any Sorcery or Necromancy spell you want (lower tiers) a few times a month.

If you don't have Charms available, pretty much every effect above can be obtained with an Adjuration (1 dot artifact each), requiring one committed mote (per Adjuration). Also requires having a Grace of any kind.

The other Grace types are Cup (you can eventually drain enemy Willpower and Virtues with a touch, regaining motes as you do, or boost your virtues to insane levels), Staff (create artifacts, requires heavy investment), and Way (no real use besides having a portable pocket dimension the size of a few cities).

The more powergaming option is to get a Fair Folk ally who has the charms and treasures you want, and bind it to yourself via Assumption of the Person's Heart (a Charm your ally has, so you don't need to get it either). If tied to a mortal, the Raksha would probably take over - but you're a Lunar and not as easy to manipulate, besides which your ally won't want to turn on you anyway.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

An excellent plan! The Wyld is a terrible place and no one should go there. Your lack of minions does make it harder to use the shortcuts to Crazy Raksha Power, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Lunars can learn Fair Folk charms, which are typically weird and require some investment to work with - hence the importance of getting artifacts instead - but there are a few easy options which Essence 5 makes rather impressive.

* Spend 1 bonus point on getting a Sword Grace. You can now use Fair Folk artifacts and learn Raksha Sword Charms, which include the following (no prerequisites beyond having a powerful enough Grace)
    - Always on +1 to Strength and Stamina (counts as from a Charm), no committed motes required.
    - Always on +1 to Dexterity, as above
    - Ability to fly, even without wings (this lets you save on the Wings mutation in your transformation... - take it twice to get double speed)
    - +2 Specialty that stacks with existing specialties (for +4 dice to combat, say...)
    - Add +Essence to a natural weapon (for instance +4 Attack and +1 Damage at Essence 5 - you need to pick an assignment and stick to it)

* Spend 1 bonus point on getting a Ring Grace. You can now use Fair Folk artifacts and learn Raksha Ring Charms. The one you're most interested in is
    - +5 Damage to unarmed attacks, causing aggravated damage too. Always on. No committed motes. No prerequisites. Essence 5 is great.
    - Eventually +2 * Essence to Bashing and Lethal soak. Requires a Charm chain, so less interesting
    - Eventually get +1 stunt die to anything you do, and cast any Sorcery or Necromancy spell you want (lower tiers) a few times a month.

If you don't have Charms available, pretty much every effect above can be obtained with an Adjuration (1 dot artifact each), requiring one committed mote (per Adjuration). Also requires having a Grace of any kind.

The other Grace types are Cup (you can eventually drain enemy Willpower and Virtues with a touch, regaining motes as you do, or boost your virtues to insane levels), Staff (create artifacts, requires heavy investment), and Way (no real use besides having a portable pocket dimension the size of a few cities).

The more powergaming option is to get a Fair Folk ally who has the charms and treasures you want, and bind it to yourself via Assumption of the Person's Heart (a Charm your ally has, so you don't need to get it either). If tied to a mortal, the Raksha would probably take over - but you're a Lunar and not as easy to manipulate, besides which your ally won't want to turn on you anyway.
    This is interesting(but the Ally option, the DM will not like it, I don't really like to keep stuff safe and it doesn't fit the character personality+that will mean that I will want to take the knaks that let me hunt a Wyld creatures).
    I want my character to look bad to society and I think this will help :) Now I have some to replace the spell casting I didn't like.

Can the +1 to Attributes break the cup? right now in me war form my cap is 13 and I am at it. That mean I will be able to move the points somewhere else.
    Or
    Does it change my base Attributes and rise the cup higher?

From the information you gave me I only want the soak from the ring one.

May I know in which book I can find this information(the DM and I will want to read it)?
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-05-26 at 03:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

One point to empathize: Fair Folk are weird, and tend to be either very weak or very strong, primarily through abusing their weirdness. Straight power boosts as described below are the safer route to follow, but I recommend having your GM approve the effect as it's easy to get something which is stronger or weaker than desired. The typical expectation is that Exalted charms are better than Fair Folk ones, but there are ways around that...

You can find all the base charms and artifact rules in Graceful Wicked Masques (the Fair Folk book), but they have been massively revised in the Errata (Scroll of Errata, free from drivethruRPG). Fair Folk artifacts are created individually (by players or GMs), so the rules are a lot more flexible there.

Glorious Hero Form gives you +1 to attributes (either Strength and Stamina, or Dexterity alone, or Intelligence and Perception, or Wits alone...), the dice counting as being from Charms so your limit is the same. The effect is always on (even when you're not transformed) which means you can assign points elsewhere though. It's Native, which makes it a bit harder to pick up (or get a 1 dot Adjuration for 1 committed mote)

Surpassing Excellence gives you a 2 point specialty (which stacks with existing specialties, to a maximum of +5 dice). Also native, but you can get two different specialties with a single 1 dot Adjuration.

To boost your Strength and Stamina further, have you considered the benefits of the Large mutation? If you're worried about fitting into tight spaces (or getting enough mutation points), Fair Folk have ways to help with that.

Opalescent Gossamer Raiment gives you Essence + 2 Bashing / Lethal soak. The next Charm in the tree (Blade Turning Skin) adds Essence to your Aggravated soak. The final Charm (Inviolable Presence) doubles the bonuses (so you'd get 14 Bashing / Lethal and 10 Aggravated soak). They are all Native charms, though, meaning you might have trouble learning them - or you can take a 2 dot Adjuration (2 committed motes) and get the benefits of the first two.

If you're interested in avoiding damage for cheap, there are many other options:

- Gossamer Armor: this stuff weighs nothing, looks good, and protects you incomparably. If tends to require a Fair Folk to have made it, but you could always loot it from them. Maximum range is around 12/12 soak, no fatigue, no mobility penalties. Traditionally known as a Gossamer Heavy Plate loincloth or bikini.

- Bastion of the Heart: you are now immune to damage. Well, almost. You can still take damage from charms or magic, but you get +Essence to your DV if so (or +Essence dice to resist damage if it's something environmental). Also works with a 3 dot Adjuration, or as part of a 1-dot Wolf Soul behemoth (behemoth gives you more options too). Also a Native charm.

- World Angering Bestial Mastery - wolves and ravens follow you everywhere, and dive in to block attacks directed at you, giving people trying to strike you in melee a 5 (Essence) point external penalty (this isn't removing 5 dice, it's removing 5 successes!) for 5 motes (or 3 motes to make it an internal penalty - remove 5 dice). Best used in a 1-dot Inward facing Oneiromancy, as you don't need to spend motes to make it happen and get extra benefits too. Note that it's only for melee attacks - you're still vulnerable to ranged attacks (or you can take the effect to protect you from ranged instead). Not a Native charm, requires Assumption of Bestial Visage (also not Native, and grants you (Essence) mutation points that are always on), so it's the easiest path to follow if all you have is Charms to spend.

Snake Tattoo: this can be reproduced fairly easily by a 1-dot behemoth, though it would require committed motes. Assumption of the Person's Heart lets it merge with you and then split off to go bite people, Bestial Visage gives it venom, and then you have 4 points left for other things (Bastion of the Heart is 4 points, Glorious Hero Form is 2 points, Opalescent Gossamer Raiment is 2 points, Large, Blade Turning Skin and Surpassing Excellence are 1 point each...). Or get two tattoos, and pick up more bonuses! Requires 3 committed motes per dot of the behemoth(s), so use with care.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

To boost your Strength and Stamina further, have you considered the benefits of the Large mutation? If you're worried about fitting into tight spaces (or getting enough mutation points), Fair Folk have ways to help with that.

- Gossamer Armor: this stuff weighs nothing, looks good, and protects you incomparably. If tends to require a Fair Folk to have made it, but you could always loot it from them. Maximum range is around 12/12 soak, no fatigue, no mobility penalties. Traditionally known as a Gossamer Heavy Plate loincloth or bikini.
    Lunars p137 Players cannot apply the Large mutation to the war form;
    war forms are already larger and stronger than a normal human form.

That's one of the main reasons RAW Lunar mutations suck compared to what Infernals get.

Gossamer armor is just perfect (or even worse) mundane equipment post-Fair Folk, gone are the days of gossamer chain swathing (plus it doesn't officially have moonsilver flexibility).

Glorious Hero Form is an odd case. Strictly speaking, it's charm dice. However, it also says:

Players can purchase this mutation up to once per dot of
    the raksha’s Sword. Each time an Attribute rating increases
    as a result of this Charm, the character’s maximum rating
    in that Attribute also increases by one.

Could be an early attempt to describe 'natural attribute' before the term existed. Also, the errata limits it to one increase per Attribute (or Attribute duo as defined in the charm).
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2019-05-27 at 05:39 AM.