New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Comrades in Arms

Admiral Stormwind, as opposed to Captain Stormwind the traitor, raises an eyebrow as Love seems prepared to stick around. "Right, make this quick," he orders, "You all are but one of my concerns and I may not get to sleep tonight."

He waves her concerns aside. "We have a stockpile that will provide for a month. When the storm subsides, we'll reestablish contact with Command and move forward."

----

Mother Girdle nods. "There is not much to be said to visitors, but do not go deep into the caves and you will save you. Soldier-boys will go down anyway. Disturb what should be left alone. Huh. Those that survive will learn valuable lesson."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot stops a soon as he's topside and scans the shoreline for Rose's landmarks. The important thing to do was make themselves as little nuisance for the Admiral as possible and lessening nuisances meant finding their wayward medic.

Alright, Rose, where did you go?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose scratched at her ear. It suddenly felt like it burned for a moment. Huh.

She sipped her drink. "When the storm subsides outside, I think I'll stick to catching a bit of sun on the beach. Well, after I find some clothes. Probably go shopping if the local market is still open today. Um, stores are still open, yes? The soldiers didn't shut those down, did they?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm a bit of a night person myself."

"No stranger to grabbing a drink either. If you want my ear, you've got it." Joking, "I'm used to listening to command."

If she isn't delayed in leaving, she will hurry to follow after Longshot.

5. - Top - End - #425

Mother Girdle smiles humorlessly. "Oh. The storm is not leaving. Not until the soldier-boys go." In a low voice, she whispers, "They make gods angry."

Fortunately, the house is easy to find. Love, Brazen, and Longshot can head right there and knock on the door, if they so wish. Admiral Stormwind has nothing more to say to them and will dismiss Love with a wave of his claw.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Since it's what's wished, Longshot heads over to Mother Gothel Girdle's house and knocks on the door.

7. - Top - End - #427

Mother knows best.

The knock on the door causes Rose to spring up and step between the door and Mother Girdle. Her drink teeters a bit in her ponykinesis, and rose opts to just set it down on the floor off to the side.

Internal silent comm (EDF): 'This that knock on the door you all?'
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

A new place. Love excitedly heads towards Rose's location while chatting a little with the locals.

9. - Top - End - #429

It is, in fact, Rose's companions. Beyond that, they seem to have her gear.

Mother Girdle sits up and peers over at the door. "More visitors? My, my, what a busy day. Come in! Come in."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

S.C.(EDF): "Such is my assumption. We're opening the door now."

Longshot pushes the door open. "Hello? We're with the medical group and looking for a wayward pony. Have you seen--"

His eyes sweep over the area doing his usual check, threat assessment and tactical breakdown. At the end of it all he finds their teleporting crazy mare.

"-- that unicorn right there. Hello, Rose. Enjoy the trip?"

Spoiler: Rolls Royce
    Show
    Perception
    (3d6)[2][2][2](6) VS 13

Tactics
    (3d6)[6][5][4](15) VS 15

I'm not expecting to actually use anything or get any information from these rolls but you never know.

11. - Top - End - #431

Rose relaxes her stance. "Oh. Hello to you too. I wondered if you were out looking for me." Rose gestures back and forth. "Mother Girdle, these are my friends who are traveling with me. They're the smart ones that didn't fall off the boat."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Lovely. A proper invitation. "Hello, madam." Love says cheery, "Thank you for inviting us inside. It's really cold out there."

Rose, "Hey, Rose."

She seems real nice. "It's nice to meet you, Mother Girdle." A relaxing feeling rushes over her as she walks into the warm building.

13. - Top - End - #433

Other than being a fantastic knitter and having twelve different recipes for potato soup, Longshot spots nothing out of the ordinary in Mother Girdle's house.

The old mare nods. "Yes, these are the ones with brain in their heads. Not fall off good ship." She takes the time to make sure that everyone has a comfortable seat by the fire or at the small table before puttering over to the kitchen once more. "Are you thirsty? Have good drink here. Hungry?"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

How many of them had brains was entirely debatable.

"Than you for your hospitality-- and looking after our wayward medic-- although with great regret, I'll have to decline the drink. I'm sure it's delightful."

Speaking of potatoes, Longshot passes the silver-foil-wrapped bundle to the aforementioned wayward medic.

He shoots a questioning look at Rose. Was Girdle undercover or an actual civilian?

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Rose, "Hey, Rose."
    "Hey," Rose replies back. She makes a a nodding gesture to her friends to introduce themselves. Rose didn't want to assume they're all using actual names.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Erm, or maybe not such a normal introduction. Love introduces herself as whatever it says on her cover papers. She sits next to the fire and watches it. Love could use a drink. She just ate though. Would she like some help in the kitchen?

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    Speaking of potatoes, Longshot passes the silver-foil-wrapped bundle to the aforementioned wayward medic.
    He shoots a questioning look at Rose. Was Girdle undercover or an actual civilian?
    Rose takes the bundle. "Thanks."

She walks over to a corner to get dressed. As she does so, she mentally silent comms (EDF): 'I believe Mother Girdle is a civvie that refused to evac. She says the caves are taboo to wander into'
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #438

Mother Girdle bobs her head in agreement. "Is good drink, but maybe too strong for young ones." However, Love still gets hers. It is quite strong! For tea that is. She declines Love's help and goes to wash the dishes while the four of them enjoy their drinks, a warm fire, and each other's company.

However, they cannot stay here forever. They have an appointment in the caves with the rest of the town's population.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Were they still trapped in Seaworthy's chaos zone? Because the surrealism meter was starting to noticeably climb.

EDF Comm-Silent: "That's what the Admiral said, although most locals are willing to stay towards the surface."

Longshot rises and addresses the elder pony. "Thank you for tending to Rose following her accident. In afraid we have to be going as we all have our responsibilities to meet."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2019-07-10 at 04:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440

Once dressed, Rose finishes her drink and returns the cup. She rejoins the party.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #441

Mother Girdle smiles and reaches up to pinch one of Longshot's cheeks. "Oh, such polite young stallion. You come back anytime. Mother Girdle will have hot meal and warm bed for you."

She doesn't seem intent on keeping them if they wish to leave, nor does she seem to especially wish them to go. All in all, it seems that merely being polite and well-mannered has won her over and given her a fondness for them, even if they are 'outsiders'.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

How do you pinch a cheek with hooves?

Huh. So that's what a cheek pinch felt like. His grandmother never had the opportunity and, for obvious reasons, his grandfather had never been so inclined.

"Thank you, ma'am; I'll keep your offer in mind. We should be going, however. Thank you for looking after Rose for us."

He'll bid Girdle a farewell, good night, etc. and vacate the house at the earliest opportunity.

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Mother Girdle smiles and reaches up to pinch one of Longshot's cheeks. "Oh, such polite young stallion. You come back anytime. Mother Girdle will have hot meal and warm bed for you."
    Mother Girdle is a national treasure.

Rose bows to M.G., "Your hospitality is second to none, Mother girdle. We should go check in and settle ourselves, but I'm sure your invitation will be remembered later." She smiles at her friends to see if they are wishing to go or if there's something else to say?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen happily enjoys the tea. Twas nice for a chance for the natives to actually be welcoming. He stands with the rest. "Thank ye for the hospitality maam."

25. - Top - End - #445

With many fond farewells, the group leaves Mother Girdle's and heads into town, such as it is. They stop by the warehouse, pick up all Rose's gear, and head on towards the caves.

The entrance is blocked off with a steel gate and a few 'civilians' loiter around there. These are the guards that keep watch over the entrance, though the appear to be simple farmers chatting around a campfire. They watch Harrier Squad's approach warily and, as they get within comfortable shouting distance, one of them pipes up.

"Good afternoon to ya," she calls, "What's your business here?"

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Good afternoon." Longshot returns the shout. "We're the outside help here to assist with medical needs and checking on any potential infestations."

He slows his walk to give the guards ample time to process Harrier Squad's arrival.

27. - Top - End - #447

Rose assists with LS' statement by hoisting up her medical bag for the camping group to see.

She kind of thought that remaining low-key wasn't needed, but naturally that would assume that all the soldiers know who to expect and considering those that were in the know took a sucker-punch in the face after attempting to blow them up earlier, LS was making the right call.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #448

The guards exchange glances and make a show of not checking their hidden, technological devices, frown, hem, haw, and then turn back to Harrier Squad and the mare gives a curt nod. "Sure, sure," she says, "Door's unlocked. Just don't, ya know, mess things up or anything."

And with that, they are cleared to head through the gate. It comes open with a wrench and they can step inside easily.

A short trek into the cave leads to a large cavern, filled with ponies. Mares, stallions, foals, all sitting around in various stages of boredom, waiting for something to happen. They look up when Harrier Squad enters, a curious light in their eyes.

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "Just don't, ya know, mess things up or anything."

all sitting around in various stages of boredom, waiting for something to happen.
    x2

Rose silently comms her (EDF) team, 'Want me to play out our cover story? I can fake a decent doctor.'
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot replies via Subvocal EDF Comm: "Go ahead and take the lead. We'll follow your directions, just tell us what to do."

Beat.

"All this time you've been faking?"