New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Comrades in Arms

"Surrender? I was under the impression that we have it, but just need to keep it hidden. We're supposed to be among a bunch of their best soldiers also under cover."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well, you've got them anyway. And everything else I can give," Star says with a wink.

"I don't think you have to give them up, just don't go outside wearing them? That was my impression, anyway," Star says.

Longshot's instincts are good. Some griffons have paused in what they were doing and are casually watching with open curiosity. It probably isn't too often that Equestrian soldiers come to visit and, in all honesty, the tech they are carrying around is bright, shiny, and sticks out quite a lot.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Right." Longshot internally sighs. "Let that be the last time I try exaggerated flippancy as a means of levity.

"Anyway, it sounds like we're in agreement. Does any pony need anything from the Thunderbird?"

All of this is via silent comm. of course.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Love rubs her chin and gives Longshot's question an exaggerated think. Scomm, "You know. You may be on to something there!" She chuckles. "The Flash and us being separated is a triple concern." The island group, Star, and somewhere unexpected. "I don't mind keeping things quiet. I should look into developing our methods there. I think you are onto the right idea with checking the battle records. Following the plan sounds good; I want to take a closer look at the everything." Love smirks at Longshot. "I don't think our armor will be a problem."

Do they have a car waiting for them or should they summon a car? They could walk back.

All this talk of air support, guns, and gunboats has her a nervous.

Love sends Star a flirting private comm.

She scomm about Longshot, "I hope not! I enjoyed your exaggerated flippancy levity! I'm a fan that's enjoying the fresh air."

Scomm, "I need some stuff from the Thunderbird. I'd like to customize my load to better fit the situation."

5. - Top - End - #95

Rose looks at the gear she's carrying, then shakes her head no at Longshot's question.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nod.

"We'll have to hustle, then, and see if Aurum or Hammer can get you a ride back to the 'bird. I'd rather not keep them waiting if at all possible." Longshot replies via silent comm. "Let's get to it."

7. - Top - End - #97

There are a few cars idling, though none specifically for them.

Love's flirt is returned in kind! Heaven help the poor soul who has to go through their DMs at any point in the future.

"It shouldn't take too long," Star mutters.

8. - Top - End - #98

It's a quick ride over to the Bird and back. Loaded for bear, the EDF is ready to move out.

Another armored car comes for them, ready to transport them down to the docks. From there, it's an hour and a half out to the island, by boat at least. From that point on, though...who knows what will happen?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Not I. Said the Longshot. Since not knowing is the entire point.

He enters the car and settles in for the ride.

10. - Top - End - #100

"So, do we need to pack away our combat gear before we get there? I'm not clear when we're supposed to go under cover."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Love secretly packs her stuff at the bird away from any non-EDF eyes. If Rose was interested in why Love was taking too long, she may have noticed what Love was packing for their trip. Love seems to have packed lightly? Or, maybe, that's because she stuffed everything into magical bags that are bigger on the inside. Not Doctor Whooves big though, Love wouldn't want to encroach on his territory.

Star is left with a hug and a kiss. Plus, a LoveHolo and robots to keep her company. The LoveHolo(s) are also there to help the Security Force and work. Love leaves with an energetic wave with some sad undertones to her departure. After three months of living together, Love and Star are separated by work. LoveHolo almost says as much as she watches Love leave Star and her behind with misty eyes.

In the car, she lightly smiles. A distance to her gaze as she seems distracted. She says to the driver (if there is a driver), "Hello." She gives a friendlier version of 'hello, nice to meet you,' in military speak. Which maybe just be a greeting with a smile.

12. - Top - End - #102

The driver nods back to Love. "We're gonna be stowing our gear once we get on the boat," he says, "It'll be all put in crates, labelled to stop any confusion. We'll unload it all when we get to the island and unpack it once we get it under cover. Just gotta keep it out of sight from prying eyes in the air."

13. - Top - End - #103

"Seems straightforward."

Rose then turns to Longshot, and gives him a Grinchy smile. "So, we doing code-names again?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Nicknames might be unnecessary. If the general population has been replaced with military then any spy would sink is regardless." Longshot considers the option. "Although code names would be beneficial if Iron Beak is using any form of long-range surveillance... Just as long as it doesn't turn into another bucking soap opera."

Bitterness? Check.

"I'd be more worried about keeping our cybernetics under wraps. There's no way this artificial back is going to fool any pony into thinking it's all natural." He gestures at his armored hide, which conceals a set of overlapping plates set into his spine.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The haze in Love's eyes slowly dissipates. Love happily asks the driver, "Oh, are you going to be joining us!?"

Love agrees and adds, "We might as well have any names prepared ahead of time so that we're ready if we do need them."

Love puts a hoof up to her smirk, "Depending on our cover, we might want to wear clothes. Boat ponies in movies normally wear full-body clothing for protection from the ocean and boat. I'd love to see you in a wader."

Scomm, "I could go by the name Neuron. It matches my cutie mark slightly"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-06 at 11:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

"Trust me, you're gonna want to wear an overcoat out here," their driver says, "The sea is freezing and everyone wraps up very warmly. Your chrome can be easily hidden away."

He takes a turn and begins heading towards the waterfront.

17. - Top - End - #107

"Long coats apparently solve the chrome problem, so... Yay."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"And a solved problem is a good problem." Longshot says agreeably. "Jury is out on the wader. Although I'm sure we'll find something appropriate."

He switches over to s.comm.: "Refresh my memory. If we crate our armor, will the enchantment recall it or does that only work in its pocket dimension?

"Also, just Neuron? No Neuron Storm or anything like that?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The driver makes Love nervous all of a sudden. "You said freezing? How cold is freezing?" She nervously chuckles. "Yes, an overcoat sounds nice and warm and comfy. Something to counter the cold." Love feels a sudden desire for hot chocolate.

She smirks at Longshot. "Maybe, we can do some fishing and find an excuse to style."

Scomm, "We have to teleport the armor away in order to bring it back. If we crate the armor, we won't be able to summon it to us."

Love chuckles over the Scomm, "Neuron is a little on the nose. How about Brainiac?" Love slightly shows an impish smirk. "Too super hero?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-06 at 02:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Rose starts separating military gear from medical gear to pack away.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #111

The driver grins.

"Very cold means 'during winter, the sea freezes over. During the summer, it doesn't melt until mid-June. We are pretty far north here, you know, but there's the dead Jormungand in the depths of the ocean that makes it specially cold, just for you all!"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot shrugs and half-grins. "I've never been fishing so no comment."

"Then I'll put up a holographic privacy screen and we can dismiss the armor out of sight." The message goes out over silent comm.

"Nah. Brainiac is too super villain for you. Try something like Neutron Spark."

"Sounds peachy." He calls up to the driver. "What's the deal with the Jormungand?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Love shivers and freezes. Her teeth chattering, "That's cold." Maybe, she'll melt out in mid-June.

Love looks over at Rose packing her gear into her bag.

Love chippers in after Longshot on Scomm, "I haven't spent much time fishing." She thinks to herself and states the obvious, "I never did fish much even though I grew up on the coast."

Scomm, "Good idea to sneak away our armor."

Scomm, "If we're wanting to change our coats, I've got digital dye. It's not robots."

Scomm, Love hmms, "It is a bit more super villain. It's sort of on the fence. I do like Neutron Spark. Spark or Sparky for short." She asks, "How about you?"

24. - Top - End - #114

"It's a sea serpent," the driver says, "A massive one. Legends say it circled the entire world, but imaging of the ocean floor puts it at three times the length of a supercarrier. Massive, but not titanic. Also, very, very dead. The bones have some ambient magic effect, though, that sucks the heat out of the sea around here. It's been fading recently, though. Ten years and it will go away."

"Well, finish packing and continue this conversation on the ship," their driver says, pulling up to the quay, "We're here."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"How chilling." Longshot quips.

Subvocal Comm: "Going dark in three... two... one..."

Longshot accesses his holographic projector. Ancient TV static flares around the armored members of the EDF giving them several seconds with which to send their armor into its inter-dimensional hidey-hole.

He dismisses the field, revealing his civvies, longer mane and new dark-gray-on-red colors. It's a more reasonably cleaned up appearance than his old appearance.

"Since 'Smokey Mirrors' sounds too feminine, I'm leaning towards 'Iron Flare'. He silently comms.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2019-06-07 at 11:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Rose wonders how much her sister would pay for a piece of serpent that could keep an office cold because there could be a Queen's fortune in that market.

Done packing, she waits for the drop-off.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Jormungand sounds like a real interesting serpent. It's sad the poor thing is dead. Such a majestic creature lost to the world. Love would have liked to meet it. She sets a reminder to research the thing when they aren't just arriving at their destination. Love lightly smiles at Longshot's joke. She says to the driver, "Have you ever seen pictures of Jormungand?" It doesn't seem to be a ghost story like she may have thought if she heard of such a creature. Maybe, Junktown was right about their being big scary creatures at sea.

Love gives an approving Scomm grunt to Longshot raising the curtains. Nice hologram! Love likes the artist flair! The armor teleports away, and Love is left with only her saddlebag (her gun inside a little exposed). She even packed away her ScoutBot and earbuds. She isn't wearing her neural collar, but she doesn't need the collar for scomms anyway. Love is in her 'at home' coat.

Love gives Longshot a hoofs up! She scomms, "Smokey Mirrors sounds alright to me!" She smiles real big when he gives his most likely name. "Iron flare is great. Reminds me of Iron Toil, my father." She asks, "Do you think Spark is more of an yellow or red pony? I can pull off either." She winks.

Love scomms Rose, "How about your undercover name?"

Love cheers to the Driver, "Thanks!" They got here safely. Love hops out the car and moves to regroup with everyone near the boat-side of the car.

28. - Top - End - #118

The docks are not quite a swarm of activity, but they are moderately busy, as are all mlitary ports during wartime. However, this one is unique in that it has a very civilian-looking schooner sitting in the middle of the quay, currently being loaded up with boxes of all kinds. They're labelled with innocuous words and designs, which hide their true import. Their driver, once they've unloaded, salutes and drives off.

A few boxes lie a short distance away, labeled 'Vegetables' in large, block letters. However, in fine print underneath are the words "EDF Supplies and Munition". The boxes are currently empty.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Just don't don't call me 'dad' and we'll be alright." Longshot no longer has access to silent comms so he obviously foregoes them. "Go for the gold, Sparky."

He drifts closer to the labeled boxes but doesn't stow his saddlebags just yet.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Love salutes the driver goodbye! She likes them.

With better eyes on the port, she puts puts a hoof in her bag and shuffles around until everything settles nice and hidden. She pulls her goggles out of one of the side pouches on her saddlebag and press them against her face without putting them on.

She humorlessly chuckles. "I think we'll be alright." She isn't too keen on calling anyone 'dad' except her father.

She rubs her chin. "Gold sounds golden, Iron Flare." She whispers at him with curiosity, "Eh? How did that sound?"

Love walks around the box scanning it for bugs and patting it down for anything suspicious. She says, "We probably shouldn't leave the boxes empty. That would be suspicious. I've got a tube and some balls." References to a GL and grenades.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Bug Check!
    (3d6)[10] vs 16 (Security) +2 (Software) +2 (Tool) +/- (other(s))

Mundane inspection
    (3d6)[10] vs 13 (Search) +3 (Hyper) +/- (Other(s))
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-07 at 08:05 PM.