New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Comrades in Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Love scomms Rose, "How about your undercover name?"
    "Rose is fine," she answers, stressing that it is all she'll say on the matter.

Rose looks at the boxes and has a few jokes in mind under 'vegitables'. She deposits her combat gear there, holding on just to her basic medical bag as she can always pass that under the guise of a civilian medic going to a war zone to help.

She helps her gloves tho, just to cover her hooves because cold hooves during an exam is just mean.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-06-08 at 07:18 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Fair enough, Rose." Longshot says.

To Love he whispers/answers: "Like an ill-fitting cheap suit."

If the car passes the Love test, he'll place his saddlebags inside. His daily medication stays in his coat pocket, however.

One casual glance around the area for a perception check...

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (3d6)[3][4][4](11) VS 13

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Love seems a little troubled by Rose's stressed answer. Rose has barely talked at all since they left the base. "How are you, Rose?"

Longshot's answer gets a "hmm." She quips, "We might need to make some fitting adjustments."

If the crate passes her testing, Love puts her goggles away and puts a saddlebag into the crate. If no one has bugged the crate, someone should bug it! It's common decency! Love looks out towards the busy military dock full of 'civvies' but she is mentally distracted inside the crate.

Spoiler: Items
    Show
    Saddlebag of Lighten Burden
    Nanobug (3d6)[12] vs 18 = 16 (Security) + 2 (Software)
    Beacon (Deactivated) (Hidden)
    BugBot (Hidden)
    Launchers (Paint x5)
    Grenade (Paint x3)
    Ration
    EM Field Meter

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "How are you, Rose?"
    "Eh, I think cranky. Probably need something to eat," she answers. "Maybe part of me wonders if there is more to Ironbeak and if so how much of a pain in the plot it'll be to put him in a box. New mission jitters? Eh, we could call it that."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

New mission jitters or not, a young stallion in a sailor uniform is coming their way. Though dressed in ragged oilcloths, he moves with the exact and precise movements of a trained sailor. Rose remembers those drills well.

"So you lot are the Equestrian 'Medical Team' here to help with the bird-flu outbreak, eh?" he says with chuckle.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Rose's words strike a cord and Love's eyes widen. Of course! It's so simple! "One second!" Love jabs her hoof in her bag and roots around into the Rose Hungry stash. She pulls out a granola candy bar and offers it to Rose. "A pony shouldn't travel on a light stomach! Sights are already overwhelming enough without being hungry."

She thinks about the second part. "We're well prepared." Love doesn't imagine it'll be easy, but they have the skills and tools. Love will chalk this up to the jitters. "We've got this."

Love smiles at the sailor. "Yep! We're here to help everyone." Love pats Rose on the shoulder. "Brought our best doctors."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Sounds like some pony should have brought a snickers."

Longshot turns to the disguised sailor pony. This entire operation was starting to feel familiarly slap-dash. An intelligence operative Love was not.

"Depends on whether you're our ride or not. Rose here is the medical brains. Neuron Spark is the logistics, I'm here for precision and Tiny over there just stands around and looks pretty."

Longshot throws an exaggerated wave at Brazen to show he's joking.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Did he not come from their boat?

Spoiler
    Show
    New Pony
    (3d6)[14] vs 14 (Body Sense)

9. - Top - End - #129

"Yeah, ate all my snacks waiting on Star to show up for the trip here," Rose says, eating the granola. "Thanks."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

"Someone's gotta do it." Brazen lobs right back at Longshot, a wide grin showing his words to be similarly kidding. His armor is safely sent away and he lobs a saddlebag into the box as he walks up. Though the earth pony keeps his horseshoes (shock gloves) on.

11. - Top - End - #131

Granola bar passed along, Rose's stomach will soon be satisfied.

The sailor did not come from their ship...but there are a lot of people moving around right now. Who knows where he did come from?

"In fact I am. Ensign Seaworthy," he says by way of introduction, "If you've loaded your things, I'll need you to follow me. The captain wants to go over a few last minute details before we depart."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot's head bobs in a routine nod.

"Lead on, Ensign Seaworthy."

He'll follow after the self-proclaimed guide.

13. - Top - End - #133

Rose follows as well.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Love smiles at Rose. "You're welcome. Hunger should never be underestimated."

Love says to the Ensign, "Hello." Love makes sure their crate is secure and loaded with some old fashioned hoof taps. She asks a little nervous, "The captain wants to see us?" She will follow everyone's lead. She whispers, "I hope there isn't a problem."

15. - Top - End - #135

Seaworthy nods and turns smartly, leading the way into a low building but a little ways back from the quay. Inside is an office, which he leads them past, and into a room where stout and sturdy griffon in a captain's uniform sits behind a desk. He rises in greeting. "Ah, the Equestrians. Very good. Sit down. We have a few matters to go over before we depart."

Assuming everyone obeys, he begins to pace up and down. "I'll cut right to the chase. There is a suspected spy onboard. One of my chief officers, no less." He flicks open a file and shows them a picture of a stately griffon with golden eagle's plumage and a tawny, lion hindquarters. "You'll see him on the bridge, I shouldn't wonder. That's where he likes to be. Of course, the danger is that he might not be and we're all jumping at shadows. So I want you to 'test' him for me. I have a package here."

He bends down and produces a wrapped parcel, which he slides across the desk towards them. "I want you to give this to him with as little explanation as possible. His reaction will determine his loyalty."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: It's a Tradition, Why Change?
    Show
    Body Language
    (3d6)[2][4][1](7) VS 16

Longshot studies the file until he's confident that he can recognize the suspect griffon. Then he extends a hoof and takes hold of the equally suspect package.

"Understood, sir, we'll flush him out for you... And if you'll forgive my impertinence, I don't believe I caught your name."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Love follows Seaworthy into the completely not suspicious in a dark alley building. She walks past the completely normal looking office which is definitely not a false front to provide a measure of legitimacy to this meeting. A Captain! A person of obvious legitimacy who would not be questioned! A suspicious tune plays in the back of Love's mind.

She asks him as she takes a seat, "Is something wrong, Captain?" Seaworthy did call him a captain. "Our papers should be in order."

Upon hearing the chase, she says, "I - Wow, that's heavy." Love looks to Longshot study the file and moves to sate her nosy curiosity - checking for mistakes or a forgery. Her eyes get big when he asks them to 'test' the fellow. She looks to Longshot on what they should do. This is too much! They're doctors, not spies! Her eyes go wider when Iron Flare agrees. She holds out for a moment before her shoulders slump in resignation. "If the Captain is asking us... " It seems Love will agree.

She eyes the package and a spark of mischief lights in them. She raises her hoofs above the package and wiggles her hoofs. She can't open the package while it is in Longshot's hoofs, but she is 100% going to open that package at the first chance available.

In the back of her mind, she is eating red tape. So much red tape in her research! Still, she goes slow and covers her tracks.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Bug Search while she walked through the office.
    (3d6)[10] vs 11 = 16 (Security) +2 (Software) +2 (Tool) - 9 (Haste) +/- (Other(s))

18. - Top - End - #138

Haven't even gotten to the island and already we got a possible spy on board. While Love wiggles her hoof, Rose just shrugs. "Will do, captain," she says.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-06-09 at 10:26 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #139

The Captain's attitude is present, correct, and proper.And Love can at least say that there are no active bugs in the vicinity. "Captain Stormwind," he says with a nod, "And thank you. Thank you for your cooperation. Now, it would be best if you were to get out of here. The less time you spend out of sight, the less suspicious anyone is likely to get."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Of course."

Longshot turns and exits the building.

21. - Top - End - #141

"Aye, sir," Rose adds and leaves too. She heads out to watch the cargo get loaded.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-06-09 at 10:26 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

The files were mostly pictures? Love records the information she was given.

Love seems a little meek/hesitant about accepting his thanks. She explains, "We need a ride on that boat. People are depending on us." She stands up, ready to walk out with the rest. Along the way through the office she stealthy sheds some BugBots to gather more information and do a more through scan for spying devices. A hasty quick run through the room doesn't really have Love at ease.

Love walks slowly and gives Longshot some time to talk before rushing off anywhere.

23. - Top - End - #143

The files were mostly pictures...but they didn't appear to be forgeries. Not at first glance, at least.

Seaworthy is waiting for them outside. He nods and leads the way back out through the office, unaware of Love shedding bots here and there. Once they reach the door, he looks right, left, and then nods. He steps aside, letting them out.

Love's bots fan out and find what appears to be a normal, Vedinian office. Of course, this could be construed as spying on an ally, which is not...always a welcome thing.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Once outside and en route to the ship, Longshot quickly and quietly slips the package to Love. Hopefully, she can do some analysis without opening it.

"Rose, do you want to make the delivery?" He whispers.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Love shivers under the cool breeze outside. A respite inside and back out into the cold.

The search for the captain will have to be intermittent. Though, she'll finish her bug sweep and eavesdrop to prevent themselves from being fools. She tries to put herself in the middle of the group away from the edges.

She takes the package and excitedly holds it in her hoofs. "Awesome," she says to Longshot. She whispers to the package, "Just me and you now." She stares at the package intently (doing a bug scan) then seems to give up and put it in her saddlebag. Love walks alongside the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    What are you package?

Bug Detector
    (3d6)[14] vs 20 = 16 (Security Surveillance) + 2 (Tool) + 2 (Software)

Mage Sight
    Any magic?

Chemsniffer
    (3d6)[11] vs 26 = 16 (Sensor) +8 (Tool) +2 (Software)

Squid
    Any computer / datachips?

Robots
    (3d6)[8] vs 16 = 13 (Search) +3? (Hyper)
    Is the package loosely sealed enough that Love could get a bug inside?

Forensics
    (3d6)[11] vs 17 = 10 (Forensics) +3 (Hyper) + 2 (Software) +2 (Tool)

26. - Top - End - #146

"Nah," Rose says to LS. She'll go seek out the ship they'll be taking and instead study the crew loading the cargo.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Love steps up besides Longshot if she already wasn't near enough to him to talk. She chuckles, "Are we going to rush the delivery?" She smirks. "This reminds me of the time we dispatched Ruby's laptop or met in Wire's basement. I don't think any will care as long as we get things done within an hour. " Love takes out her phone and checks her text messages. Love seems to be hinting that the package is a bomb! A bomb with a one hour timer!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-10 at 04:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Love's analysis of the tightly-bound, paper-wrapped package yields some...interesting results. The package contains a time-bomb. It is unknown how long it will take for this to blow.

Meanwhile, the Captain packs up his office, seemingly in preparation to board the ship, while Ensign Seaworthy stands guard outside. He gathers his papers into a briefcase, plops his laptop in beside them, and locks up the drawers. He steps outside, answers Seaworthy's salute, and begins walking towards a different exit than the EDF took, Seaworthy falling in behind him.

The mare who watched the front desk rises and says she's taking her break. She also heads towards that exit, though taking a different route.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Huh." Longshot mulls over the cryptic hint. "We've certainly had some crazy requests and adventures. Things have worked out for us so far... I doubt there's any harm in running this errand. Nevertheless, we should hustle."

No sense getting worked up and possibly disrupting a griffin's apple cart. They tended to get grumpy when the best laid plans of lions and birds went astray because of meddling ponies.

"Step it up, ponies."

30. - Top - End - #150

Rose blinks at the message. She replies to Love's text, 'Real?'
    Digo Dragon - Artist