1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default One on One Campaign (Sort of)

Hello Hivemind!

I would like some help, my wife and I are pretty avid gamers, and I would like to run an adventure path, or have her run an adventure path for me, (or just a homebrew world, possibly)

But what I was wondering, is are there any games/systems/adventure paths out there where you don't actually need a GM?

I know this seems like a silly question, as most games need a GM to adjudicate the rules, but what I was looking for is maybe a game that allows the players to decide what is happening, or has set rules for things, (perhaps a random table of problems).

Something perhaps a bit like Shadows over Brimstone where it's the players vs the game, but for an RP game?

I figured this would be one of the best places to look to get an idea if one exists!

Dan

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One on One Campaign (Sort of)

Googling "GM-less games" turns up a bunch. The only one I have experience with is Fiasco, which isn't really an RPG. It's a ton of fun, mind you, but it's a collaborative storytelling exercise, not a game. From what I saw, that seems to be the predominant trend-- GM-less games cluster in the narrative-driven end of the indie game pool.

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.