New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Help creating spec item with special materials

I am looking for help with costing out a specific magic weapon with special materials.

I want to purchase a Raptor arrow (MIC pg.56) using Serrinwood (Boed pg 38) as the shaft, Razor feathers (MMV pg. 169) as the fletching and a Serpentstounge arrow head (RoTW pg 165).

I'm not sure how much the feathers would cost since the MMV isn't really specific. Also I don't know if there would be some type of surcharge or something....?..

any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help creating spec item with special materials

A Raptor Arrow is 6,006 gp.

Serren is +4,000 gp for 50 arrows, which would be +80 gp for one arrow.

Steelwing feather arrows are considered to be masterwork and adamantine, and a single feather costs 50 gp. Masterwork is already being taken into consideration, adamantine ammunition is +60 gp so let's assume that takes both the materials and the craftsmanship into consideration.

Serpentstongue arrows are 3 gp per 20 (1 for 1 sp 5 cp) according to the weapons table in RotW, normal arrows are 1 gp per 20 (1 for 5 cp). So just add 1 sp to the overall cost.

The total for that should be 6,146 gp, 1 sp. Good luck taking out that phantom suspension bridge!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

So that's just about what I came up with. It just seems so cheap to get a +1 arrow that is unbreakable, ghost touch, keen, bane to whatever the target is (yes I'm planning on taking the true believer feat) and returning as well as being considered piercing, slashing, and adamantine.

I just didn't know if I was missing something.

thanks
    Last edited by Thac0 Redeye; 2019-05-26 at 11:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Do note that you'll need more than one of these super arrows. Returning doesn't let you fire the same arrow until the next round, so you'd need however many copies you need for one round of actions.