New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: This is Life Ain't It wierd.

"I'll put you down as bard" As you enter you see a store with many shelves selling varius things that you may need or want all of a suddon a voice comes over the air. " attention adventurer shoppers we have a blue light special on rope in isle five." (this would be a good time to try to find things and yes nachos are on sale here right next to the squishies.)
    "Those who have packed far up into grizzly country know that the presence of even one grizzly on the land elevates the mountains, deepens the canyons, chills the winds, brightens the stars, darkens the forest, and quickens the pulse of all who enter it. They know that when a bear dies, something sacred in every living thing interconnected with that realm... also dies."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Should we get some rope? Maybe silk rope because it's smooth and lightweight.... Not like my opinion matters." Ruby glances at his new companions.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alveen plays a continues to play his guitar "Well...a bard has no need for such things as our music allows us to achieve great feats, and Mr.Squeaky will allow me to obtain whatever I need..."
    He smiles "However, Ruby, it would be nice to obtain whatever you think we need. You seem to have a bit more experience in this sort of thing than the rest of us..."

He smiles again.

4. - Top - End - #34

"Always be prepared," mutters Ruby. He goes looking for some 50 ft of silk rope at the blue light special on Aisle 5.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

you find the rope and of course there is all types. all colors some cut into one inch strands. and one with a deal by 2 fifty feet of rope packages and get a free hand crossbow.
    "Those who have packed far up into grizzly country know that the presence of even one grizzly on the land elevates the mountains, deepens the canyons, chills the winds, brightens the stars, darkens the forest, and quickens the pulse of all who enter it. They know that when a bear dies, something sacred in every living thing interconnected with that realm... also dies."

6. - Top - End - #36

Ruby picks out some 50 ft of black silk rope and goes up to the counter to purchase it.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

you get greeted by an female elf that seems rather bord and in a monotone voice says" thank you for shopping at dungeon supply, would you like to buy another fifty feet of rope and get a free crossbow we are out of hand crossbows but I have a light one here. We also have a discount card you can sign up for."

8. - Top - End - #38

"Uh, that's OK, I already have enough weapons." His voice is barely audible. "I may be intereste in the discount card, however. Is it like the ones from Hot Topic that don't expire and I get a holepunch every time I spend $25?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hot, what yea sure whatever. look, my break comes in five minutes so fill out this form so I can go get lunch, ok."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

As you leave the stoor you can either head out the entrance or go down since you want to gain levels money stuff I assume you head down the stairs you reach a door that says LVL 1 goblins kobolds and other such things this way.

11. - Top - End - #41

"But we're level 4," whines Ruby. He looks desperately for a sign appropriate to his character level.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check for a sign for other levels:
    (1d20+4)[15]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

"FINALLY SOME ACTION!"
    Alveen lets out a triumphant yell as he charges into the level 1 area, slinging his guitar over his shoulder and drawing his rapier as he goes.
    Last edited by tahu88810; 2007-10-14 at 06:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

And so you enter into level one as soon as you past the entrance way you hear in a female voice. "Welcome to level one." If you go out and come in again the message is repeated. And as you walk past this you see a group of adventuerers fighting off a collection of goblins you notice that two strange things about the adventuerers first of all they all seem to have the health of a wizard and they are all wearing Red Shirts.

14. - Top - End - #44

"They're red shirts. Let's kill them." For the first time, Ruby's voice carries a hint of conviction and malice.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let us go into battle like the dwarves of old, with buckets on our heads and hallucinogenic mushrooms in our stomachs!
    CHARGE!"

He charges into the nearest wall, gets up, and charges into the wall opposite.
    "I'm sorry, I am not used to these "wall's".
    Let us truly slaughter them for experience!"
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

16. - Top - End - #46

Ruby jiggles his hand. "My paper heart to yours."

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+7)[26]

On his turn, Ruby casts cause fear on the nearest red-shirt within the spell's 35 ft range, preferrably a tougher-looking one with lots of armor. If successful (Will save DC 15), the target is shaken for one round; otherwise they are frightened for (1d4)[3] rounds. The spell is not effective if the target has more than 5 HD.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Init(1d20)[19]

Move 20 feet towards the red shirts,
    Ready attack if any enemies get near me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Init:(1d20)[5]
    Attk: (1d20)[1]
    Dmg: (2d6)[7]

Alveen lets out a battle cry and charges to the nearest red shirt or goblin, attacking with his shocking rapier.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: This is Life Ain't It wierd.

You both hit a red shirt who goes down easily. you notice that they all have the same badge Lt. Alenn Smithee ten exp if you know where that refrence comes from.

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know that specific Lt., but red-shirts are a clear Star Trek reference; they would always get killed on missions while characters with names were less likely to die, and main characters were nearly invisible.

"Waste of a spell if he'll die anyway..." Ruby angrily waves his dagger and runs at one.

Spoiler
    Show

On his next turn:
    Attack (1d20)[3]
    Damage (1d4-2)[-1]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

you stab the red shirt and supprisingly he does not die he actualy looks suprised. He looks happy and starts to laugh and dance and sing where upon he falls backwords cracking his head open like an egg and letting all the little brain chunks scatter on the floor.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: Do we get xp for every kill? Even the ones we don't make?

Alveen dances forward through the battle, plunging his rapier into the chest of another red shirt with joyfull glee.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SMASHYS!

He charges into the fray, bashing in the red shirts heads.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage (1d8+6)[11]

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

as you slaughter the red shirts with glee you notice the goblins have now produced folding lawn chares tropical drinks and popcorn and are watching the show. you all go down to level three but then go up to level five.

25. - Top - End - #55

Spoiler
    Show

Aww, I know you're the DM, but must you god-mod us?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

dont worry the idea just popped into my head by the way how do you do that spoiler bit every body knows how to do that but me and dont worry I only did it once it does not happen that often sort of a quirk of the dungeon actualy and you will need it for what is going to be thrown at you.

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler
    Show

OK. To do a spoiler, you write SPOILER in capital letters and enclose it in []. At the end of the block of text, put /SPOILER, again inside [].
    Last edited by The Neoclassic; 2007-10-18 at 06:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I got it! yeay! yippie! yahoo!

You pass through the goblins who scatter when you aproach going oh no not gunna bother. you find a few treasures here and there but nothing worth noting A few coppers and a dagger that looks very thin does not look like it should be used in combat however as you hold it you feel its weight it almost begs to be thrown. any way you pass thorugh level one which seems to have dead bodies thrown About you pass through a few more levels that seem to have been cleared out already There seems to be nothing left. however as you traverse down you see a door that is not only not open but covered in sticky notes they read Don't enter, Go Back, You are doomed, Milk Eggs Bread, Clean your room, You will die, Burn in hell, etc. Do you open the door? Do you go up and clean a room? Do you go grocery shopping? which is it my little pudding cups?
    Last edited by Spiritbear; 2007-10-18 at 01:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Y'know what...
    I knew this was comedy but...it isn't that funny...
    and even as a funny RP there is still supposed to be some kind of actual gameplay. Which there isn't.
    If things don't change, I quit. -_-

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This was all to set the tempo and to see what everyone does the next bit shall be a lot more interesting as this is the true beggining of your challenges. do not worry each of these is set and there is treasure to earn and things to learn all sorts of odd esperiances await.

And so you open the door and walk in ahead of you you see a long path sollid stone on either side of you you can see just to the edge of the hall. Any one checking for traps or such I will need rolls I will also need marching order.
    Last edited by Spiritbear; 2007-10-19 at 12:42 AM.