Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Darkest Dusk. Gestalt 3.PF Re-Recruitment

Here is Rundelion Tresmar, Unmonk//Unrogue: MythWeavers ID 1927308.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

@ Denomar

I've tried mythic before with Wrath of the Righteous and it got very silly very fast

Is there a preference from yourself for spheres of Might/Power or is it just a common theme?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sheet here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1925807

Just need spells picked for sha'ir, gear, and backstory. I'm thinking something in the line of a lineage of human binders that deal in and consort with various genies.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

No preference. Just happened to be used by the people with the best submissions last time.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    No preference. Just happened to be used by the people with the best submissions last time.
    Can I ask if the current alchemist is, like, Vivisectionist? If they're a bomber or something, my character (area denial melee scholar) hopefully won't step on any toes-- but if I'm too close to them I'd like to swap out Scholar for something new.

6. - Top - End - #36

I happen to have a mostly-complete gestalt character that I built a while back for another failed campaign, let's see how it measures up

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=697026

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Presenting Karhal Al'Shedim, not youngest, but certainly not oldest of the Al'shedir family.

Spoiler: further backstory fluff
    Show
    Being the latest Ifrit born to this long standing family of elemental binders, Karhal was not raised as any other of his kind normally would be. He came from a well known family, at least to genie-kind, for their tendency to contact, control, and consort with various genies, as well as other of the more humanly elementals of the planes. To this end, he was raised with all the senses and furnishing of nobility, along with the extracurricular knowledge and training that would one day lead him to being the next in a long line of binders and conjurers.

He wears this badge of honor with pride, having already taking his practices to heart with the recent summoning of his gen companion and familiar. An earth elemental, of all things, was the first to answer his call of service, but it surely isn't going to be the last.

He now greets the world fondly, entering the upper levels of training that his family so graciously offers, knowing full well that eventually, he too will be called upon for purposes of barter and brokering, and he will be loathed to refuse an answer.

8. - Top - End - #38

PaladinGuy

EDIT: I have no experience with Spheres of Power, but I did a quick readup on Scholar, and...yeah. Rundelion is pretty much the same type of character as the current monk//scholar already in-game. Ugh.

I am going to (probably) still use him, but with slightly different fluff (and different classes!).

Denomar, I have a question. Do we know, or need to know, where we're starting, so we can fluff our backgrounds accordingly? Or is that something you'll inform us of, once the game starts(if we're chosen)?
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-06-10 at 09:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Make your character independent of any background.

I will figure out how to bring you in after recruitment is done.

Fair warning, get those ten minute backgrounds done!
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cecil1994 View Post
    Can I ask if the current alchemist is, like, Vivisectionist? If they're a bomber or something, my character (area denial melee scholar) hopefully won't step on any toes-- but if I'm too close to them I'd like to swap out Scholar for something new.
    Bombs and poison; certainly not a melee combattant.
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #41

PaladinGuy

My character: Rundelion Tresmar

Spoiler: Rundelion's 10-minute BG
    Show
    Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character. You don’t have to stop at five, if you like…this is just a minimum.
    1. Rundelion joined a gang during his time in the Redroof district
    2. The gang was directly responsible for his parents' death.
    3. He attempted vengeance, failed and was beaten nearly to death
    4. Milo Rensmarch, priest of Abadar, healed him in exchange for his oath to serve the Church of Abadar for the rest of his life.
    5. He entered a monastery to begin the first step of training towards becoming a Balanced Scale.

Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game. During any session in which you take positive action to achieve that goal, I will award you an action point that can only be used in scenes furthering that goal. These Action Points are separate from the action points you gain by resting and reaching milestones. You can change goals later, though you lose all the accumulated Action Points for the goal you abandoned.

1. Rundelion wishes to bring (exact) vengeance upon the gang that destroyed his family.
    2. He wishes to become a Balanced Scale; he found he enjoys the challenge of the training, and it will allow him to see the larger world.

Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!

1. The blood of the fiend running through him is that of Noctula herself. (he's not aware of this)
    2. In the course of his vengeance, Rundelion murdered a young boy in cold blood, another tiefling named Gaspar. He had gotten some information out of the boy, that he needed, then killed him. He's never forgotten.

Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character though blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.

1. Milo Rensmarch, the friendly priest. He took Rundelion and raised him from age 13, until he was sent to the monastery at age 17.
    2. Graja Mensch, half-orc leader of the Fiery Stars, the gang Rundelion was a part of in the Devils' Nursery. He was a brute, and smart. He was also unpopular, but his intelligence, ruthlessness and brute strength kept him on top, even though he wasn't a tiefling
    3. Laodai Minsala, his Tien Hand to Hand combat trainer. She was strict, ruthless, competent...and Rundelion remembers her lessons best because he loved to watch her form...for lots of reasons <cough>

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.

1. His mother, choking on blood as she attempted to speak to him, with the gentle creak-creak of his father swinging on a rope, surrounded by destroyed furniture, shredded books and broken glass.
    2. His teacher's smile as he gave the right answer to a question about Kintargo's history.
    3. His first day of training at the monastery, where he had to run up a nearby hill, and sprint down it, then practice footwork, then finish with the same run. He vomited at least three times.

As I thought about it more, my character's focus, both right now, and later in his career(if he lives that long) is far different than a monk//scholar. So, if it's okay by him, I'd like to leave my app as it is.
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-06-11 at 11:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Planetar

Here is Brok of the Yellow Eye - Druid (Feral Shifter) / Barbarian

Thought the party could use a meatshield and a survivalist. Background:

Five Character Concepts
    1. Brok is a consumate hunter, earning his living as a wilderness tracker and scout. Prefers to ambush his quarry and then strike with his spear. Feels like he is honouring his mother and his People when he hunts. The hunt is spiritual.

2. Brok learned primal magic from his grandmother, who is descended from a line of shamans stretching back centuries. She taught him the basics of wilderness survival as well, how to track, find water, navigate by the stars, and predict the weather.

3. Brok is stoic and independent, the result of years of having to take care of himself. He is naturally disinclined to those with money and sees it as a corrupting influence on the purity of nature.

4. Brok believes he has a great destiny, but feels constrained by the circumstances he is in, especially the need to protect and care for his grandmother.

5. Brok doesn't drink and generally looks down on drunks. Some residual trauma there from what happened to his dad.

Two Goals
    1. Don't become like his father; don't show weakness, fight back if necessary, and don't give into despair.

2. Restore / bring honour to his People's lost heritage.

Character Secrets
    1. He could have saved his father from being murdered in the streets, but was so ashamed of the shell he had become that he just watched from the shadows.

2. He doesn't fully know he is descended from orc blood in his distant past. The stories his grandmother tells him of his "People" have been so bastardized that there are only hints of his true ancestry.

Connected People
    1. His grandmother, Dreva of the Yellow Eye, a half-orc shaman of waning health, but great power. A wise-woman and local healer. Some call her a witch.

2. Tetius Grack, a fairly reputable merchant who has hired Brok on more than one occasion as a guide, caravan guard, and general labourer. They enjoy a fairly friendly relationship, though Brok isn't shy about criticizing Tetius' soft lifestyle and chosen profession. In turn, Tetius razzes Brok for being a savage.

3. Rutheren (Ruthless) Bludd, a half-elf thief and leader of a middling-sized criminal enterprise. Terrorizes the poorer population, extorting money for protection while not so secretly enforcing the local ruler's authority. Brok's been on the receiving end of a beating or two in his day from the group and suspects, but hasn't been able to confirm, that the people who killed his father were connected to Ruthless in some way.

Three Memories
    1. His first solo kill in the wild. He was eight years old and managed to wrestle a young stag to death after chasing it for three hours through the woods. He very nearly died. He still carries the young stag's antlers; fashioned into his belt.

2. Sitting by his grandmother's side as she told him stories of his People's past. She would make the best herbal tea, the smell of which still brings him comfort.

3. Watching his father be murdered by rival hunters after a night of drinking. His father was being taunted by the men and refused to fight back when they started pushing him around and teasing him about his missing/dead wife. Ashamed, Brok did not try to stop the fight and ran when the beating started.

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Portrait
    Show

A beautiful but hard-eyed woman, quick and graceful. The polished bronze sheen of her skin marks her as something more than human.

Auriel of the Dawn
    F LG Aasimar (Azata-Born) Paladin (Tempered Champion) 1//Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 1, Level 1, Init 4, HP 12/12, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 4, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Scimitar +5 (1d6+4, 18-20x2)
    Scimitar (Battle Dance) +7 (1d6+6, 18-20x2)
    Cold Iron Chakram +5 (1d8, 20x2)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition None

Spoiler: 5 Things
    Show
    Auriel is a serious and disciplined fighter, as well as a devoted member of the Cult of the Dawnflower, a militarized offshoot of the Church of Sarenrae.

Auriel is not one for small talk. She is almost always wearing a serious, severe face and calm demeanor, and prefers direct action over idle discussion. This is not to say she will charge heedlessly forward, but delays and distractions irritate her.

Auriel's most prized possession is her scimitar, an heirloom from ages past. It was given to her by her father the day he left for the Mendev Crusades, and she practices with it constantly.

The Sarenrite virtue of patience is one that Auriel struggles with. She feels that to not move forward is to move backward, and her confidence in her abilities can lead her to make rash decisions because of this.

Auriel can be stubborn to the point of obstinate regarding the punishment of the wicked. She would far rather slay an unrepentant enemy and trust her Goddess to guide her than try to bargain for information or assistance, with obvious consequences.

Spoiler: Goals
    Show
    Auriel has never learned of her father's fate in the crusades. Learning what happened to him, and avenging his death, would be major goals for her.

Spoiler: Secrets
    Show
    Auriel is secretly terrified of the idea of not living up to her father's example. Her stubbornness and stoicism are masking her insecurity that she isn't good enough.

Unknown to her, Auriel's father never made it to the crusades. He was ambushed and killed by bandits while on the road.

Spoiler: Contacts
    Show
    Arval, Auriel's father and a cleric of Sarenrae. Raised Auriel with the help of the temple after her mother died. Left for the Mendev Crusades more than ten years ago, and never returned.

Raldol, the master of arms in the town where Auriel was raised. It was Raldol that first taught Auriel to fight, and became a second father to her.

Caeyla, the ranking priestess of Sarenrae at the temple. Disapproves of Raldol's teachings and has tried to restrain Auriel from her more destructive tendencies. Often clashes with Auriel over the matter, believing that her militancy and uncompromising attitudes are damaging the Church.

Spoiler: Memories
    Show
    The day Arval left for the Crusades is still Auriel's most vivid memory.

She's never felt as proud as she did the first time she won a sparring match. She's won many more since, but the first always felt best.

A recent, bitter argument with Caeyla has driven Auriel to leave the temple, seeking to prove her worth to her Goddess.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Bombs and poison; certainly not a melee combattant.
    Lovely! Scholar works really well for Paul, I'll be keeping it :)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Here's the sheet for Krag, basically finished pending GM review, coming up with one "known secret", and spending a little more gold.

16. - Top - End - #46

Deadline for submissions is in two hours and fifty minutes. I will need more time to make a selection because I will be well and truly sauced at a friends wedding tomorrow.
    All Hail Fun!

17. - Top - End - #47

Thank you for your submissions.

Grats, doko369

OOC is here.

IC is here.
    All Hail Fun!