Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55

Thread: Hellbreaker IC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Hellbreaker IC

    As you flow down the river of souls, you feel as if every cell in your body is being ripped apart over and over again. Your mind cycles through nightmare after nightmare, but then something changes. You awaken, but you feel yourself being pulled under. You cling to land as the current tries to wrest you free. Despite this, you are slowly and surely able to pull yourself out of the flowing river of souls.

    You look around, seeing a blasted wasteland in all directions with a few dead trees dotting the landscape. The air burns in your lungs, smelling of suffer, and the sky is red, yet lacks any celestial bodies. Instead, shadows flicker across it, like a flame. Strange beings seem to be carrying souls and dumping them into the river. For the moment, they do not see you, but you do not know how long that will last.

    As you examine yourself, you feel different, but do not quite understand how. Your mind is hazy, and you can only recall snippets of your life. Particularly, you remember your death, and a new anger comes over you. Resentment at being struck down. Soon, you see three others emerge from the river and they look to be in the same dilemma you are.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-05-30 at 10:24 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    "Ugh.....my head.....what the heck hit me last night......." A young looking man slowly begins to collect himself as he lays on the dry crusty earth. "Ok......go through the checklist.........Name.....Pyr Odrugan...good I haven't forgotten that. Next.....you work as a pit fighter......that's right a damn good one too. Alright.....now yesterday.....what happened.......I was in a fight......big bruiser of a guy, nothing new or special......he got me pinned up against the edge of the circle......I was about to knock his feet off when." Pyr suddenly opens his eyes, the memory of a sharp pain stabbing him in his back rocketing him to his feet. "I remember! Those bloody BACKSTABBERS! They can't knock me off THAT easily!" For the first time, Pyr actually takes notice of his surroundings. The desolate wasteland before him is drastically different than the muggy underground arena he was in previously. Blood drains from his boyish face when he looks up at the sky and sees shadowy figures flying across a blood red horizon. "Those bastards........they actually succeeded......how could they do this to me.....why?" Pyr's sudden shock at his realization over his demise is overtaken by an alien sense of anger and desire for violence. It builds in his gut, provoking and mixing with his own fury. A cry of rage bellows forth, his face going red as he bellows toward the sky.
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-05-30 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    A man in armor pulled himself out. "Those tricky bastards," he muttered to himself. "Banish me to Hell, will they? I will ensure they will not live long enough to enjoy their conquest of my territory." He grins as a new power flows through him and a blade of fire briefly manifests in his hand. "Especially since they seem to have strengthened me in the process."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Kvolk closed his eyes as the axe came down upon his neck. He hadn't been a very good person. Hopefully hell wouldn't be too bad to him.

    He almost got a grin in before his head was severed, rather gruesomely, from his body.

    And he was surprised to feel pain. Excruciating pain. Worse than anything he had felt in life. He had to grit his teeth -if he could even be described as having teeth right now- to find the focus to even think. So this is hell. he thought to himself. This is what my feats in life have gotten me.

    And he consigned himself to an eternity of torment in this strange river. Days passed. Weeks. Months. And five long years of unimaginable torment later, by some grace of God, Kvolk found himself washed up on the beach of the stream.

    He lay there, in shock eyes closed. After what felt like an eternity of torment in the river of souls, not being in pain was almost as bad as the torture. Almost. Finally he opened his eyes and gave himself a look over.

    His hair had grown down to his waist, and he found from his chin a beard a little too long. And his nails. Around him he saw three others, and the environment around him. He began to realize. That river hadn't been hell. Tha five years was little more than an appetizer. Now it was time for the main course.

    Kvolk looks to his companions. Well kids, looks like we've been damned.
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Coming out of the gate last, a girl in a loose floppy brown robe and hat. She takes a few steps out, before yawning and sitting down on the floor. "I guess I should have checked the papers properly.." She murmers to herself, letting out a yawn as she looks to the others around her. "You get blown up too?" she asks before laying down without even waiting for a response.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    You have only a short time to regain your bearing as you hear barking, like a dog, but hollow, as if it were passing through a tube.

    Four strange quadrupeds begin bounding towards you as a taller figure emerges from behind them. The beasts have a skull for a head and the rest of the body is skinless, showing exposed muscle. Unlike a normal dog's paws, their legs end in fully articulate hands. They ooze a black sludge from their mouth, but you can sense it is salivating in hunger. As for the other figure, he appears to wear a black cloak, but closer observation reveals it is a pair of enormous wings. His face is half skeletal and the other half is that of a very attractive man.

    The figure speaks, his voice gutteral and deep, but with the same tinny sound the "dogs" have. "Wonderful, it has been some time since my hounds got a chance to feed. Your souls shall be a much anticipated meal for them."

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Pyr Odrugan = (2d20+11)[28]
    Zefir = (1d20+5)[13]
    Kvolk = (1d20+3)[8]
    Taidana = (1d20+3)[7]

    Enemy = (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-01 at 08:55 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Pyr stares at the sudden arrivals, his anger only growing at the sight of them. "You think I'm gonna be easy pickings for your mutts?" His eyes flash brightly as a cruel sneer pulls back his face. Cracking his knuckles, he lowers his stance as he prepares for the hunkered monsters. "Bring it, I've got a fire in my belly, and it'll only be quenched with your blood."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Standard Action: Demoralize (1d20+12)[26] Attempt to Demoralize the 'hounds'
    Move Action: Martial Flexibility(Shark Style)
    Swift Action: Shark Style(Unarmed Strikes can do piercing, piercing unarmed strikes deal +1d6 Bleed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    The hounds begin to close, though one that was originally targeting Pyr veers off to the side and attacks Kvolk along with it's packmate. They all attempt to use their powerful jaws to bite their targets.

    Spoiler: Hound Attacks
    Show
    H1 (Shaken) charge attacks Kvolk (1d20+4)[11]
    Crit? (1d20+4)[19]
    (1d6+5)[9]

    H2 charge attacks Kvolk (1d20+6)[16]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[21]
    (1d6+5)[11]

    H3 charge attacks Zefir (1d20+6)[7]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[22]
    (1d6+5)[7]

    H4 charge attacks Taidana (1d20+6)[7]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[22]
    (1d6+5)[8]


    The winged creature slowly approaches, his gaze fixed on Pyr, the eye socket on the skeletal half of his face flashes a bright viridian light.

    Spoiler: Baleful Eye
    Show
    Winged Skeleton (WS) ranged touch attack (Ray) on Pyr (1d20+6)[7]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage (2d8)[10]

    Save vs Stun (DC 14) (1d20+9)[23]

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Taidana sighed as the villain shows up loudly announcing that his evil plan was to feed them to his dogs. At the dog snaps at her she groans, holding her head. "Stop.." she says. Her mind begins to focus on an image of a creature to fight the dog biting at her.


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Casting Summon Monster two to create a akata to fight


    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Kvolk eyes the winged skeleton, looking for any valuables. Of course, he would still murder the bastard if he had nothing to his name, but some good loot would make the killing so much sweeter.

    "Aye, Skellyman-guy. I'm gonna 'ave a good time ripping your valuables from your bony body. Kvolk swings his hammer down with one hand as the first beast charges him, fending off the second one with his shield.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    TWFing with Earthbreaker and Klar, Power Attacking
    Earthbreaker on 1: (1d20+8)[13] to hit.
    Crit conf (1d20+8)[17], x3 crit
    (2d6+12)[21] damage.
    If crit, add (4d6+24)[37] damage.

    Klar on 2: (1d20+7)[9] to hit.
    Crit conf (1d20+7)[15], x3 crit
    (1d6+11)[16] damage.
    If crit, add (2d6+22)[29] damage

    Hopefully I didn't mess up the formatting on mobile
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    d6 Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Zefir grins at the hound in front of him. "You made a mistake challenging me." He summons a blade of fire crackling with lightning and then swings it at the hound in front of him.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Zefir takes a swift action to use Arcane Pool to make his Kinetic Blast a +1 Frost Kinetic Blast, then uses Spell Combat as a full-round action, first defensively casting Shocking Grasp with Spellstrike and Kinetic Blade, then making another melee attack with Kinetic Blade. As Kinetic Blade is paired with Fire Blast, the attacks target touch AC.
    Shocking Grasp concentration check: (1d20+14)[32]
    Spellstrike attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Spellstrike damage: (3d6+2)[14] fire damage and (1d6)[3] cold damage
    Spellstrike confirmation (if necessary): (1d20+8)[25]
    Spellstrike critical damage (if necessary): (3d6+2)[13] fire damage and (1d6)[6] cold damage
    Shocking Grasp damage: (5d6)[21]
    Shocking Grasp critical damage (if necessary): (5d6)[18]
    Kinetic Blade attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    Kinetic Blade damage: (3d6+2)[15] fire damage and (1d6)[6] cold damage
    Kinetic Blade confirmation (if necessary): (1d20+8)[14]
    Kinetic Blade critical damage (if necessary): (3d6+2)[15] fire damage and (1d6)[5] cold damage



    Realized after making this post that I traded out Spell Combat.
    Last edited by RoTWS; 2019-06-03 at 01:56 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Zefir enhances his Kinetic Blast with Arcane Pool, making it a +1 Frost Kinetic Blast. He then uses Spellstrike to cast Shocking Grasp through a Kinetic Blade.
    Attack roll: (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage: (3d6+2)[12] fire damage, (1d6)[5] cold damage, and (5d6)[23] electricity damage
    Critical confirmation roll (if necessary): (1d20+10)[27]
    Critical damage (if necessary): (3d6+2)[8] fire damage, (1d6)[3] cold damage, and (5d6)[21] electricity damage
    Concentration check: [roll]1d20+14[/roll]
    Last edited by RoTWS; 2019-06-03 at 02:00 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Spoiler: Concentration check for previous post
    Show

    Shocking Grasp concentration check: (1d20+14)[23]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    While the others try to penetrate the defenses of the hounds, Zefir slays one with a devasting blow, unleashing an onslaught of elemental energy. The body of the beast begins to dissolve rapidly in a pool of fetid meat and blood.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Pyr deftly dodges out of the way of the strange creative's eye beam. "HEY! WHY YOU!" In intense anger, Pyr charges at the Winged , pumping his arms furiously as to runs over. Just as he is about to reach the fiend, he winds back his arm, preparing to smash his fist through the bony houndmaster. His hand lights up with a burning inferno, though in his intense rage and focus, Pyr doesn't even notice. When he connects with his opponent, the fire on his fist burst onto the skeletal monster, engulfing it in flames. "Woah! Did I do that?" Pyr asks, stunned at the outcome and his still gently smoldering fist.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Charge the Winged Skeleton(+2 Attack, -2 AC)
    Attack: Kinetic Burning Fist(Burn Cost: 1)(Rolled a 30, non crit)
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] piercing + (1d6)[1] Fire + (1d6)[4] Bleed
    Infusion specialization(-1 Burn)
    Burning Infusion(Sets target on Fire, 1d6 Fire damage/rd until extinguished)
    Searing Flame(-X Fire Resistance for 2 rds whenever Burning Damage is taken, X equals unmodified Burning Damage)
    Total Burn: 0
    Shark Style: 9/10 rds left
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    The winged figure reels back in pain.

    Spoiler: DoT
    Show
    Burning = (1d6)[1]
    Bleed = (1d6)[2]


    He opens his wings rapidly, which buffets Pyr and extinguishes the flames burning his body. Beneath the wings, his body is similarly decayed as his face.

    Spoiler: Bull Rush
    Show
    Bull Rush vs Pyr (1d20+10)[26]


    Hey draws a wicked scythe seemingly out of nowhere and attempts to slash at Pyr.

    Spoiler
    Show
    WS takes 5 ft step if he succeeds in knocking Pyr back with his wings.

    WS attacks Pyr (1d20+8)[27]
    Crit? (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage (2d4+5)[11]
    If Crit, add (6d4+15)[29]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-04 at 07:31 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    One of the remaining hounds moves to flank Kvolk as it and it's partner attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    H1 (still shaken) takes a 5 ft step to flank, and the both attack.
    H1 attacks Kvolk (1d20+4)[6]
    Crit? (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage (1d6+5)[6] if crit add (1d6+5)[7]

    H2 attacks Kvolk (1d20+6)[20]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage (1d6+5)[9] if crit add (1d6+5)[6]


    Meanwhile the hound pestering Taidana attempts to bite her again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    H4 attacks Taidana (1d20+4)[16]
    Crit? (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage (1d6+5)[9] if crit add (1d6+5)[10]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-04 at 07:48 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Taidana growns huffing at the dog bites her rather easily. Trying to picture something and bring it forth was going to be more work for her than practically anything else. picking up chip out of the folds of her robes, she raises her hand and creates a powerful cutting attack at the beast.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    TK Blast - Kinetic blade
    1 burn is already taken care of with Kinetcist.

    (1d20+6)[12]
    If Crit: (1d20+6)[13]
    (3d6+7)[18] cutting damge


    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    When Kvolk misses both of his attacks, his face turns down into a snarl. There were many things he'd wanted -craved- in life, and there were several he found he craved in death as well. Right now, however, there was nothing he craved more than the death of these stupid hounds and their stupid master. With a grunt, Kvolk lashes out at one of the hounds with the blade on his shield. He then, in an impossible feat of strength, swings his hammer over his head one-handed, turning around to land it on the other hound's head.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Against Hound one: Attack with Klar, Power Attacking
    (1d20+7)[24] to hit
    (1d20+7)[23] crit confirm
    (1d6+11)[13] damage
    Add (1d6+11)[12] damage on crit

    Against Hound two: Attack with Earthbreaker, Power Attacking
    (1d20+8)[11] to hit
    (1d20+8)[24] crit confirm
    (2d6+12)[18] damage
    Add (4d6+24)[44] damage on crit

    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Seeing an opening lull, one of the hounds harassing Kvolk breaks off and pounces on Zefir, using its hand-like feet to grab ahold of both his arms and legs. Then, like a spring, it coils up and leaps into the river of souls carrying its prey with it.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Since I have been unable to get a response from RoTWS, I am temporarily disabling him from combat in order to allow the rest of you to keep going. Whenever he gets back, his character can climb out of the river and rejoin the group.

    Kvolk technically does get an AoO, but unless he crits for max damage, it won't kill the hound, so I'll just skip that

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Pyr cries out in pain as the scythe slashes at him. Shaking his head, he refocused on his opponent, a wide hateful grin plastered on his face. "I'm gonna knock you on your ass if it is the last thing I DO!" Both of his fists light on fire as Pyr attempts to pummel the skeleton.

    Spoiler: Attack 1
    Show

    Brawler's Flurry
    Empowered Burning Fist Burn Cost(2): (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] piercing + (1d6)[3] Fire + (1d6)[2] Bleed
    Crit Confirm?: (1d20+8)[26]
    Infusion Specialization: -1 Burn
    Elemental Overflow added +1 to attack
    Total Burn: 1

    Spoiler: Attack 2
    Show

    Brawler's Flurry Cont.
    Declaring Knockout
    Burning Fist Burn Cost(1): (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4] piercing + (1d6)[6] Fire + (1d6)[4] Bleed
    Crit Confirm?: (1d20+8)[16]
    If first attack succeeds, add +2 to attack roll
    Knockout DC 15 Fort, target unconscious for [roll]1d6] rounds if fails
    Infusion Specialization: -1
    Total Burn: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Burn (1d6)[6]
    Bleed (2d6)[5]
    Knockout Fort save (1d20+8)[12]


    Pyr's fist lands a devastating blow to the Winged Skeleton. While still alive, it falls motionless and unconscious as it burns and bleeds out.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-07 at 09:20 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    The remaining hounds seem uneasy with their master down for the count. Still, they tentatively attack Taidana and Kvolk, biting at them with their skull-like faces.

    Spoiler
    Show
    H1 attacks Kvolk (1d20+6)[15]
    Crit? [roll]1d20+6][/roll]
    Damage (1d6+5)[9] if crit add (1d6+5)[9]

    H1 attacks Taidana (1d20+6)[21]
    Crit? [roll]1d20+6][/roll]
    Damage (1d6+5)[6] if crit add (1d6+5)[11]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    In the hound's clutches, Zefir forms another blade of fire and ice, though this time without the lightning, then strikes.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Attack roll: (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage roll: (3d6+3)[16] fire damage and (1d6)[5] cold damage
    Critical confirmation roll (if necessary): (1d20+10)[15]
    Critical damage roll (if necessary): (3d6+3)[13] fire damage and (1d6)[6] cold damage

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Taidana wined as she was bitten yet again by the canine, "Stoooop!" she clutched her hat pulling it down over her head. With another wave of her claw at the beast, another blade of energy appeared to strike at it.


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Kinetic blade
    (1d20+6)[26]

    (3d6+7)[16]



    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Kvolk sighs. This fight wasn't going super well for him. Sure, he hadn't been seriously hit yet, but he wasn't putting on a very good show either. Being in the river for all those years likely hadn't done a whole lot of good to his bodily health.

    He sighs again as Pyr knocks down the skeleton guy. He'd wanted to get a crack at the bastard, but it looked like that wasn't gonna happen. This "hound" would have to do.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    TWF and Power Attack

    Earthbreaker: (1d20+8)[19]
    Crit Conf: (1d20+8)[24]
    (2d6+12)[18] damage
    Add (4d6+24)[35] on crit

    Klar: (1d20+7)[11]
    Crit Conf: (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d6+11)[13] damage
    Add (1d6+11)[12] damage on crit
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Sensing the battle is lost, the hounds withdraw and move to escape. They flee in different directions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hounds take the withdraw action to avoid AoO's, but move only up to their speed (50 ft) so, I mean you can try to blast them at range if you want, but they are leaving battle.


    The winged skeleton remains face down on the ground, unconscious, burning, and bleeding out.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Pyr looks up from his defeated foe, and sees the others that washed up with him have managed to chase away the skeleton's mutts. "Any of you capable of healing? I wanna get some answers from this guy."

    Spoiler: If affirmative
    Show

    "Great! Let's patch him up!" Put grabs the unconscious body beneath him and pulls it up. He wraps his arms around the creatures arms and wings to keep him in place if it should wake up
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move Action: Martial Flexibility: Improved Grapple
    Standard: Grapple the Winged Skeleton.
    Let me know if I need to roll


    Spoiler: If negative
    Show

    "Hmph, too bad for him then. You shouldn't have messed with us half-face." Pyr lights his fists one more time before bashing in the back of the fallen skeleton's head.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Brawler's Flurry
    Burning Kinetic Fist 1 (1d8+3)[7] + (1d6)[5] Fire + (1d8+3)[4] + (1d6)[1] Fire
    Burning Kinetic Fist 2 (1d8+3)[7] + (1d6)[6] Fire + (1d8+3)[10] + (1d6)[1] Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mousedigits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Probably some computer.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    Kvolk grunts as his odd hound of a foe ran away. His greed was beginning to flare up. He needed this kill.

    Suddenly, he feels a strange power manifest inside him. Something he hadn't felt before. In a surge of instinct, Kvolk drops his Klar and hoists his hammer in both hands. His feet stomp thunderous lay on the ground, and a pillar of rock jolts out from the ground. With a yell and a crack, he slams his hammer into the pole of rock, sending a huge chunk of it flying fifty feet towards the hound.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    (1d20+8)[17] To hit
    (1d20+8)[12] Crit conf?
    (3d6+6)[23] Damage (B, P, S)
    If crit, add (3d6+6)[18] Damage (B, P, S)

    The rock pillar and such is just a creative way to tie Kvolk's powers into a large aspect of the character -martial prowess and the big friggin' hammer. If this isn't okay, then a standard "Rocks shoot at his foe" works too!
    Extended Signature
    .

    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

    Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

    Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

    Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Hellbreaker IC

    With a heavy sigh, Taidana slowly stands back up again moving over to the down skeleton. With a flash of energy, she blasts the creature with a blast of healing energy as she forces life back into it. Once she was done, she summons a floating matress and falls onto it, falling back to sleep again.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    2 rounds of actions really.. The first is to use kinetic healing to heal the skeleton (3d6+7)[21] health and takes 1 point of Burn.

    Then casting floating disk and laying down on it.



    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •