New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Sell me on Vampires: The Masquerade V5

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Does that mean these games are safe to buy now? I thought that they were inescapably tainted, that buying them would be stabbing those creeps' victims in the back, metaphorically.
    It's up to you, but I will note that if you want to stop buying books from a company because they had a major sexual predator on their staff or have deliberately contracted out work to known predators, you're pretty much accepting that you won't buy anything from Wizards of the Coast, Paizo, Green Ronin, White Wolf, Onyx Path, Green Ronin, Magpie Games, Mongoose Publishing, Steve Jackson Games, and Pinnacle Entertainment, plus a lot of smaller presses.

My personal feeling is that Onyx Path handled their own crisis as well as a company can. Freelancers also don't generally get royalties, so it's not like buying these books will bring that author extra money, and Onyx Path books are written by a lot of people, so it's not like it's one person's oeuvre.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

I run V5, fairly simple for new players to grasp. Originally was a test run for how we felt for the system but so far everyone in my playgroup enjoys it. I guess the term Ymmv sums it up best.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

My girlfriend decided to gift me the V5 Rulebook for my birthday since we've been talking about it lately. I'll let you know how it plays out for us since it's our first experience with WoD.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Please do!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.