New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    ..Honestly, I get what you're doing there, but Raven does also seem to be some kinda prodigy - didn't she make one of Faye's coffee machines time jump ahead like ten minutes that one time?
    Yeah she was sort of a proto emily. Though more science than eldritch abomination. And more airhead than strange person.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

We must make sure that Emily and Raven never meet. If they do, the fabric of space-time would tear itself apart.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    We must make sure that Emily and Raven never meet. If they do, the fabric of space-time would tear itself apart.
    Still a better love story than Twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Still a better love story than Twilight.
    I would like to posit that Twilight was a good loce story in theory, but screwed the pooch in the execution.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    I would like to posit that Twilight was a good loce story in theory, but screwed the pooch in the execution.
    It's really, really hard to screw up a story in theory. Execution is everything.

That said, Twilight gets memed because it's wildly popular fiction for young women which (mis)used toys young men like, rather than because it's actually that bad. It's just regular bad.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    It's really, really hard to screw up a story in theory. Execution is everything.

That said, Twilight gets memed because it's wildly popular fiction for young women which (mis)used toys young men like, rather than because it's actually that bad. It's just regular bad.
    I would like to state my opinion but then I never read or watched twilight so all my knowledge is second hand and that would be unfair.. I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice my time (and sanity) for this, though.

So... Is the lesson here Hanners just transferred her anxieties over to Winslow? and should I even ask how the scorpions got inside?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #487

Griffon

Winslow was always a more sensitive soul than the likes of Pintsize, always being the "little guy" who had to be friendly and non-threatening in order to co-exist with Hannelore.

I'm honestly hoping that the next few strips include as much detail about him adjusting to being humanoid as it is about Hannelore's revelations. There's a lot of stories that could be told about comparing the two, and how her journey of self-discovery and healing was for him a roller coaster of horrible and shocking things he didn't know about humans and how they live
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So... Is the lesson here Hanners just transferred her anxieties over to Winslow? and should I even ask how the scorpions got inside?
    I know this was a joke but, if his processor gets hot then that heat needs venting. It it isn't vented but just radiated that would make him REALLY hot to touch, which makes for bad human/AI interaction.

Where they got in, that's more muse-worthy.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    I know this was a joke but, if his processor gets hot then that heat needs venting. It it isn't vented but just radiated that would make him REALLY hot to touch, which makes for bad human/AI interaction.

Where they got in, that's more muse-worthy.
    It's QC, they obviously got in through his BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

What the F happened to Marigold's nose?
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    What the F happened to Marigold's nose?
    I don't like what's happened to everybody's noses, but given that, this doesn't seem out of place. Marigold has been routinely represented with a more roman nose, compared to the rest of the cast. This seems like a roman/aquiline version of this weird thing Jeph's doing with noses. I mean, I don't like it, but it seems consistent to me.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    I don't like what's happened to everybody's noses, but given that, this doesn't seem out of place. Marigold has been routinely represented with a more roman nose, compared to the rest of the cast. This seems like a roman/aquiline version of this weird thing Jeph's doing with noses. I mean, I don't like it, but it seems consistent to me.
    Today it's MONUMENTALLY huge, though, like major health issues implied huge.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

And in real life, Anime eyes would be a sign of severe facial deformities. I think it's just a more cartoon-y large nose.
    Last edited by georgie_leech; 2019-07-19 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    And in real life, Anime eyes would be a sign of severe facial deformities. I think it's just a more cartoon-y large nose.
    Ah, I see it now. Yeah, you're both right. It is larger than normal and accurate-proportioned features are not necessarily required for the medium (and Jeph is shifting his art style towards less realistic). But yeah, her whole head is a little misshapen and her neck too long. Right next to Hanners with a realistic clavicle, it makes the art style a little inscrutable. I would just say it is a less than perfect drawing.

15. - Top - End - #495

I've read the Twilight books. They're seriously, "Edward and Bella's primary attitude toward each other is contempt, just marginally less contempt than they feel for everyone else alive including themselves," "Bella's natural mood, including when she's self-reporting herself as being in an unusually good mood, is black despair and loathing for everything," "Stalking is romantic, right?" "Imprisonment is romantic, right?" "Forced kisses are romantic, right?" "I'm actually seriously worried about Stephenie Meyer, who seems to be a very cluelessly well-meaning person with the most asterisked-up ideas about relationships I've ever seen" eldritch-horror-level BAD.

And most people who dump on the books, in my observation, care way more about a ptooie romance novel series, covered in girl cooties, getting to be a massive phenomenon than anything valid.

Both can be true. (Empirically, both can be true, for both are.)

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I've read the Twilight books. They're seriously, "Edward and Bella's primary attitude toward each other is contempt, just marginally less contempt than they feel for everyone else alive including themselves," "Bella's natural mood, including when she's self-reporting herself as being in an unusually good mood, is black despair and loathing for everything," "Stalking is romantic, right?" "Imprisonment is romantic, right?" "Forced kisses are romantic, right?" "I'm actually seriously worried about Stephenie Meyer, who seems to be a very cluelessly well-meaning person with the most asterisked-up ideas about relationships I've ever seen" eldritch-horror-level BAD.

And most people who dump on the books, in my observation, care way more about a ptooie romance novel series, covered in girl cooties, getting to be a massive phenomenon than anything valid.

Both can be true. (Empirically, both can be true, for both are.)
    I don't care that a "romance" series was a huge thing.

My dislike is that it's seriously skeevy disturbing broken "romance", and not really that well written in terms of the craft and art of writing.

17. - Top - End - #497

I don't care that a "romance" series was a huge thing.

My dislike is that it's seriously skeevy disturbing broken "romance", and not really that well written in terms of the craft and art of writing.
    Remember, we live in a world where some people think the joker and harley quinn are "romance goals" Because total addiction level devotion to the man who seduced you through lies, torture, abuse physical mental and emotional, neglect, with rare instances of approval and enjoyment is just an awesome way to live.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll say this for Joker/Harley, that one is at least supposed to be creepy and abusive. Twilight skeeves me because it isn't supposed to be, but it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    I'll say this for Joker/Harley, that one is at least supposed to be creepy and abusive. Twilight skeeves me because it isn't supposed to be, but it is.
    Yeah, Joker/Harley is supposed to be an example of a bad relationship.

The problem is the fans, and so far maybe the DC cinematic crew, who totally miss that basic fact.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-thing-in...tha-1795277813

20. - Top - End - #500

Yeah, Joker/Harley is supposed to be an example of a bad relationship.

The problem is the fans, and so far maybe the DC cinematic crew, who totally miss that basic fact.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-thing-in...tha-1795277813
    I dunno, I disagree a bit with the article. Yeah its a terrible relationship, but it still IS her relationship and hiding from it wont fix things or make them better. Suicide squad was literally her origin story. they HAD to include just how obsessed she was with her puddin and how she came about as the psycho she is, or else any future films of her breaking away are meaningless. it turns an abused woman finally taking the steps she needs to take control of her life, while struggling to avoid falling back into old habits, and reduces it to "They broke up, moving on." She has to be devoted to joker and we have to see how terrible the relationship is before her getting out of it has any meaning. As of right now she has no reason (in her mind) to reject the joker. He came back for her while she was on the mission, then he broke her out of jail. He needs to do something to betray her in her mind before she will have any reason to get away from him.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Traab does have a point, and one weakness of the movie is that they are trying to introduce several lesser known characters to the general non-comic book reading audience. Adding more screen time for Harley/The Joker probably would have made the movie even more of a mess.

Of course, Suicide Squad is such a terrible movie I'd argue that the Asylum version is actually superior in many ways.

And if you compare Marigold to a few pages back to Dora, Dora has a far more animesque facial structure. Guessing an aquiline nose to that style is pretty difficult especially for a very feminine face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

This just struck me so out of the blue I need to say something - has Hannelore shown any signs previously of being the sort of person who would fawn over a human-robot romance? Her character's undergone the same homogenization as everyone else and she's had a whole off-screen character arc which could shake things up, I get it, but it's still entirely out of nowhere for me. Just me?

(to be fair, something about having Bubbles being the less awkward of the two about it does elicit a similar reaction from me...hmm.)
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2019-07-22 at 10:30 PM.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Hanners was pretty excited when Marigold and Dale got together, IIRC.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JBPuffin View Post
    This just struck me so out of the blue I need to say something - has Hannelore shown any signs previously of being the sort of person who would fawn over a human-robot romance? Her character's undergone the same homogenization as everyone else and she's had a whole off-screen character arc which could shake things up, I get it, but it's still entirely out of nowhere for me. Just me?

(to be fair, something about having Bubbles being the less awkward of the two about it does elicit a similar reaction from me...hmm.)
    ...maybe she's just really happy that two of her friends have gotten together? Without the robot aspect even factoring in?
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    ...maybe she's just really happy that two of her friends have gotten together? Without the robot aspect even factoring in?
    Basically this. She is real happy whenever she sees romance. Everyone else in her circle was already paired off more or less, so seeing them get together was a squee moment for her.

26. - Top - End - #506

Griffon

To be fair, I also have attempted to steal my mother's dog/s on more than one occasion, when I thought my friends would enjoy a big, goofy ball of furry excitement to play with.

I know that was yesterday's strip, but I just wanted to be clear that I completely empathise with Claire.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Wait a minute. Hold the phone. Are these characters lesbians? Really this is something you think would have been brought up before. Honestly.

Seriously though, Jeph sure is proud of his little couple. Honestly I think its almost a little creepy? Like a grown man mushing two barbie dolls together making kissy noises at us. Not quite Dobson level...but getting close.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2019-07-23 at 10:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Wait a minute. Hold the phone. Are these characters lesbians? Really this is something you think would have been brought up before. Honestly.

Seriously though, Jeph sure is proud of his little couple. Honestly I think its almost a little creepy? Like a grown man mushing two barbie dolls together making kissy noises at us. Not quite Dobson level...but getting close.
    I'm not sure how serious you're being, especially considering that Faye and Dora did have a talk about what this whole thing means for the former's sexual orientation.

Also what you said can apply to just about every animated romance, ever, many of which involve characters that are literal children. Faye is (nominally) an adult and while AI spring forth fully "grown," Bubbles is the AI that acts the most like a reasonable adult, if not a close second to Roko.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

29. - Top - End - #509

So I was hitting the random button, and a thought occurs to me.

Dora was returning to her wiccan ways.

Does that mean she's breaking her lease!

https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1893

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Faye, that appears to be a foot. Learn some organization skills.