New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Default Pokemon: Delta Emerald

Welcome To The World Of Pokemon!

Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of Pokemon! This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokemon. We humans live alongside Pokemon at times as friendly playmates, and at times as cooperative workmates. And sometimes we band together and battle others like us. But despite our closeness, we don't know everything about Pokemon. In fact there are many, many secrets surrounding Pokemon. To unravel Pokemon mysteries you've been selected to help with the research by exploring the land of Hoenn and taking on the circuit.

Before we begin our story we look to our heroes. 7 Destined individuals who unbeknownst to them will accomplish great things in their life. We start in the region of Alomesa where Ace, Julius, and Joanna depart to the Hoenn region.

The airport is bustling with people as you make your way to the terminal. "Flight 625 to Ever Grande is now boarding, all passengers please make your way to the gate." Rings out over the intercom. You all turn to face your family to say goodbye. Megan approaches Ace, "I guess this is finally it, we finally get to start our big journey." She smiles though you can tell she is a little sad. "It's going to be weird traveling with you not around." She stops and starts digging in her bag. "I actually have something for you. You know, as a good luck charm for your journey." Megan pulls out a metal necklace with a Flame emblem attached to it. "This should withstand your heat, I had it specially made, so people will know that you are the brightest flame." She gives you a hug before departing.

Julius you are approached by Ace's father who claps his hand down on your shoulder. "Well my boy, don't go getting yourself into too much trouble. I'd hate to have to come and fly you all the way back here." He gives you a wink "Though I hear that this place might have some dangers in it, wouldn't that be exciting." He says with a hearty laugh seeming to mock the region. Turning to Ace he nods and says "Keep an eye on him would ya, I trust that you two will be fine. I want to hear stories of grandeur before you boys come back."

Joanna, Samantha comes up to you and gives you a warriors handshake. "Glad you could be here with the family Jo." She smirks "Not that I expect Ace to finish before I do but it's nice to know he's in good hands." Samantha pulls you in for a hug. "Good luck on your travels, and try not to die while you're out there."

Ace's father hands each of you ferry tickets telling you that these should get you to Slateport once you land, and to make your way to Littleroot from there and meet up with Professor Birch. With farewells said, you three board the plane and make the long flight to Hoenn, and Ever Grande City.

The plane lands and you all gather your belongings. Exiting the airport you are met with a grand city. The doors lead out onto a elevated courtyard where you can see the entire city below. Your eyes are caught by the clear blue skies and the ocean dazzling from the rising sun. Large buildings dot the area and a ginormous arena stands out from the urban setting. Flower beds of varying colour and beauty line the streets and shops of this city. Looking at your ferry tickets the boat doesn't leave for another 6 hours leaving you time to explore and relax. Welcome to Ever Grande City, capital of the Hoenn region. What would you like to do?
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-06-01 at 10:09 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: Delta Emerald

"Man, that flight was loooong." Julius says, rolling his shoulders and neck. "I'm~~glad we can finally move around. You guys up to grab some breakfast?" Julius says turning to Ace and Joanna. "I hope they have pancakes here. I am starving and a short stack is calling my name somewhere in this town." Julius says, looking out over the town. "You guys probably need to get a lay of the land, too." he says taking the 2 poke balls off his belt and loosing the pokemon inside. A small gout of flame punctuates the yawn from the Houndour that appeared and beside it, a Sandile sprawls out on the sun-warmed concrete. "Come on, guys lets get a move on!"

Pokespotting After Breakfast and such.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-06-01 at 02:42 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then...

Ace returns Megan's hug, then takes her hand. "Hey, you're gonna do fine, the trainers in Johto won't know what hit em." He smirks at her. "I mean, hey, not as great as I'm going to do in Hoenn, but fine." He winks and turns to board the plane.

Now...

Ace drops his bag to the ground and stretches his arms over his head. "Breakfast sounds like a plan. I say we grab a bite, get the blood moving again, but we'd better make sure we don't miss the ferry." He examines the ticket again. "six hours?" He groans. "What the heck are we gonna do for six hours?" He brightens almost immediately. "No, wait, I've got it." He turns to Julius and Joanna with a big grin. "Let's go find food, then let's track down a pokemart and get some basic supplies, have a look around, and then find the local courts. No reason not to get a head start while we wait, right?"

He'll then turn and set off in the arbitrary direction of food.

Soon...
    Meal complete, Ace will urge his cousins to hunt down a pokemart to acquire a few pokeballs, once he has some, he'll keep his eyes peeled for worthy locals to join his team.

Spoiler: Post shopping poke spotting
    Show
    Last edited by big teej; 2019-06-01 at 02:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"I could go for some pancakes," Joanna replies. "What do you think, Ace? I bet you're hungry enough to eat a Rapidash," she says with a teasing smile.

She releases both of her Pokemon has well, knowing that these two were not used to being cooped up for so long. Her Rufflet immediately takes his customary place on her shoulder.

The other Pokemon she releases is a a small Skarmory, head only reaching up to Joanna's shoulder. Her claws scratch the hot concrete a few times before she gets caught up in Ace's excitement. The Skarmory let's out a quiet whistling call and small chirps as she follows them through the city, to breakfast, the Pokemart, and then while they're out looking for Pokemon.

Spoiler: Pokespotting
    Show
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-06-01 at 02:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

With food on your mind you all head out down the steps and into the city. The streets are bustling with people and pokemon alike. The morning air has the smell of sea salt and freshly baked goods. Following your noses you find yourself's at a small corner shop called IHoopa, with the small Djinn holding out a large pancake in place of its ring. A young lady with a Furfrou can be seen exiting the restaurant with a small take out package in her hands. Inside the IHoopa there are many small booths with a few people starting off their day with a similar idea to your trio. Outside are a few tables set up, where a small family sits enjoying their morning.

Shopping around you pass many kiosks with small charms, totems, clothes, and plenty of street food carts preparing their first batches of the day. Anything a tourist could want, could be found. The Pokemart is easy to find, a large two story building with the iconic pokeball in front sits across the street from the Pokecenter. Inside you are met with displays of all different types of pokeballs, medicines, and traveling gear. Should any of you venture upstairs you will find glass cases showing off TM's and other devices. The prices seem a little higher than what you're use to. A little Cinccino climbs around cleaning the glass with her tail until thoroughly satisfied.

Spoiler: Pokemart Supplies
    Show
    The Pokemart supplies the following items for 0 Badge Trainers -
    Basic Pokeballs – $315
    Potions – $250
    Burn Heals – $250
    Antidotes – $250
    Paralyze Heals – $250
    Awakenings – $250
    Bait – $375
    Lures – $750
    Climbing, Survival, and First Aid Kits – $1,250
    Repels – $625

Shopping done and bellies filled you have about 4 hours remaining that you spend wandering the city.

Spoiler: Ace
    Show
    While passing through a small park you find a small group of small gray birds that have a white spot on their chest, drinking by the fountain. The birds completely ignore the surrounding bustle of the city around them.

While walking down one of the less busy street your eyes catch the form a slim humanoid with large black buns on either side of its head adorned with white bows. Next to it is a smaller humanoid with small tuft of hair and two small white bows on either side of its head.

Spoiler: Joanna
    Show
    Wandering the streets of Ever Grande you notice a small yellow bell with a red and white sash hanging from one of the nearby street lights. It makes a soft chime when a breeze blows through.

Down an alley nearby you see a gaunt pink feline who is looking directly at you, arch its back ready to flee or fight in an instant.

Spoiler: Julius
    Show
    While walking down one of the less busy street your eyes catch the form a slim humanoid with large black buns on either side of its head adorned with white bows. Next to it is a smaller humanoid with small tuft of hair and two small white bows on either side of its head.

On the opposite side of the street you see two gears floating near an electrical box attached to the side of a building.
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-06-01 at 04:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace does a double take seeing an evolved pokemon walking the streets. He smiles. What better way to start my journey than by catching something ahead of the game. He turns to Joana as he pulls a ball from his belt. "Hey, Jo, back me up, I'm going after that thing. I betcha I can take it." He laughs and jogs towards the gothic pokemon.

He looses his tepig and orders "Endeavor, back the big one up against the wall!" He breaks into a run. Flames begin to trail from his arms and legs as he picks up speed, his body completely catching as he leaps into a flying leap at the biggest goth, the flames explode as he makes contact, throwing the gothic pokemon back toward the wall.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Pre-Combat (?) - release Endeavor
    Round 1
    10 - Ace delays his turn by 5 to act concurrently with Endeavor
    5 - Endeavor cornered Gothorita
    Endeavor's Cornering: 13
    5a - Ace used Flame Charge on Gothorita
    Ace's Flame Charge to hit: 8 vs. AC3 = 5 vs. Evasion
    Flame Charge Damage: 37 and 1 bonus damage
    Gothrita is displaced 2 hexes toward the alley wall if possible, if it makes contact it loses a tick of hp

also, Shopping things
    3 pokeballs - 945
    1 First Aid kit - 1,250
    remaining funds - 805 poken
    Last edited by big teej; 2019-06-01 at 05:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Here we go again, Joanna thinks as Ace goes charging into battle. She hadn't even seen these Pokemon hiding down the alleyway. "Talon, go help him out. Hit the smaller one!""

The Rufflet flutters up from Joanna's shoulder and sails over to the smaller pokemon, picking up speed as he goes. He dives into it beak first, slamming the psychic into the ground.

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Joanna activates Celerity, Binding 2 AP! Talon's Initiative is increased to 11!

Talon uses Peck!
    To Hit (AC 3): 12
    Damage (Flying, Physical):... 56 +9 Bonus Damage

Mach Speed triggers, DR is increase by 4!

Joanna buys 3 basic pokeballs for 1260
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-06-01 at 05:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

GreataxeFighterGuy

Seeing Ace and Joanna thrash those 'mon, Julius sighs and looks at his to mon who are staring back at him. "What?! I guess you wanna scrap too, huh? Fine." He concedes and looks across the street to see a set of floating gears around the electrical unit. "There we go! We can scrap with that guy." He says crossing the street. "Vengeance, Ember!" Julius says, Tossing a pokeball. The Doom Pup launches a searing gout of flame at the floating gears, engulfing it in flame. The Pokeball beans the floating gears, energizing it.

Spoiler: OOC Shopping and Mechanics
    Show
    Spoiler: Shopping Pickups
    Show
    Shopping
    4 pokeballs - $1260
    1 awakening - $250
    1 Antidote - $250
    2 Potions - $500
    Total $2260 - 740 remaining

Vengeance used Ember 28 Fire Damage v Sp Def +2 Bonus Damage
    Julius Tosses a Basic ball and is Trainer level 1
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: Joanna and Ace
    Show
    The Goth pokemon pushes the smaller one behind her before firing off a psychic blast at the small pig. Endeavor is knocked back with a resounding crack as his body hits the stone ground. Talon swoops into the alley skewering the smaller pokemon knocking her away with a spray of blood. The Gothorita stands shocked at the display. Endeavor manages to get back up and corner the pokemon giving Ace time to crash into it. The pokemon slams into the wall behind her, pushes you off and gives out a terrible cry of anguish. She fires off another psychic blast widely, no longer thinking about her safety.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Battle Begins!
    Gothorita uses Psybeam on Endeavor - 13
    Endeavor takes 24 Psychic Damage vs Special Defense + 7 Bonus Damage

Gothita is KO'ed

Gothorita uses Cute Tears on Ace after being hit!
    Ace Loses 2 CS in Attack!

Next Round!

Gothorita uses Psybeam on Talon - It Misses!

Talon has Initiative

Initiative -
    Gothorita - 16
    Talon - 11
    Ace - 10
    Gothita
    Endeavor - 5

Show
    The ball falls to the ground after the flames disperse.
    Spoiler: Catch!?
    Show

Spoiler: Wiggle
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Wobble
    Show
    Spoiler: Click!
    Show
    You Caught a Kilnk!
    Level - 7
    Nature - + Def / - Atk
    Trait - Phys
    Ability - Levitate
    Moves - Charge and Vice Grip

Vengeance gains 4 Exp!

Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-06-01 at 06:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace curses under his breath, seeing Endeavor limp from the attack. "That's enough outta you, put up or shut up!" Ace says and throws a pokeball into the gothic pokemon. Keeping an eye on it, he recalls Endeavor.

Show

I'm bad at this as a player apparently, Ace's speed went up due to Flame Charge.

12 - Ace Throws a pokeball at Gothorita, Ace Recalls Endeavor
    Ace's Pokeball throw: 10
    Capture Roll: 49

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: Ace and Joanna
    Show
    The ball falls to the ground
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Crash!
    Show
    The ball splits open releasing the angry goth pokemon

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Geeze Ace, you really need to get that thing captured. It smashed Endeavor with one hit!" Joanna says. "Talon, stick around and help where you can."

Talon takes back to the sky and pins the larger goth Pokemon with an angry glare.

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Talon used Leer!
    To Hit (AC 3): 13
    Damage: 28

However, I don't think its Defense is lowered because of Sheer Force?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Talon stands off against the Goth pokemon who wobbles and falls from exhaustion both emotional and physical.

Spoiler: Rewards!
    Show
    Gothorita and Gothita are defeated!
    Ace and Joanna gain 32 Exp to split among their party!

As time passes and you explore the streets of Ever Grande you find yourselves passing a small set of battling courts in the middle of a park. On the field you can see two trainers battling it out. A tall black haired man who is covered in thick dark clothing facing off against a plain looking girl in a brown dress. On the field itself you see a snowflake pokemon and a large purple rat fighting off against each other. Looking on the match are 3 other trainers, a red haired girl with a long white scarf, a blue haired boy in a black pokemon jacket, and a blond haired boy with many piercings in his ear.

14. - Top - End - #14

GreataxeFighterGuy

Julius makes his way back across the street to the others.

"Uhh... you guys okay over here?" Julius asks, looking at the grisly scene. "It looks like guys had it rough. Looks kinda like a back-alley brawl. Well, pick yourselves up. We need to hoof it if we want to get in any matches before we gotta catch the ferry."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Oh..." Joanna says, seeing the larger Pokemon fall. "Sorry about that Ace. Talon doesn't know his own strength." She shrugs as the Rufflet returns to her arm with a coo as he rubs his fluffy head into her cheek . "There will be more out there."

"Good job, Talon," she says to the bird as they walk, along with other compliments. The flying type preens under the praise. Shrike looks betweeen her trainer and the other bird. "Don't worry," she says to the Skarmory. "You'll get a chance to battle soon enough."

Spoiler: Experience!
    Show
    Shrike gains 20 XP- Levels up to 7! Learns Sand Attack
    Talon gains 12 XP- Level up to 6!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Zen View Post
    Julius makes his way back across the street to the others.

"Uhh... you guys okay over here?" Julius asks, looking at the grisly scene. "It looks like guys had it rough. Looks kinda like a back-alley brawl. Well, pick yourselves up. We need to hoof it if we want to get in any matches before we gotta catch the ferry."
    "Yeah, we should probably get going. I definitely want to get a match in before we leave."

Later at the courts...

Joanna will approach the other trainers and call out, "Hey guys! These guys," she hooks her thumb over her shoulder at Ace and Julian, "and I are looking for a battle. We just started our circuit, so all we have are babies. Any one want to triple battle, six pokemon to a side?"
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-06-01 at 07:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace tenses for a moment, frowning at the fallen goth before shrugging and turning to Joanna "It's frustrating, but hey, we've been here for like 2 hours, there'll be other chances, don't sweat it. I see you've been raising Talon right."

Ace brushes himself off as he emerges from the alley, followed by adjusting his hat and grinning at Julius. "No big deal, just fighting a worthy opponent." He laughs. "Yeah, I'm ready to move on and find the courts, but if we pass by a park bench or something I wanna tend to Endeavor, he got walloped. Ace doesn't seem to perturbed by the scuffs and bruises his pokemon picked up.

Interlude
    Upon finding a bench or park or something similar, Ace will release Endeavor again and sit down next to him. "Hey buddy, you did a great job getting that thing backed up against the wall for me. I'm sorry you got walloped for it, but you'll be alright, now hold still." Ace then quickly and with... questionable efficiency goes about cleaning his pokemon's wounds and getting him bandaged.

Spoiler: Medicine Education go!
    Show

Ace spends 2 Field AP rather than using his First Aid Kit to boost his checks, he'll use 2 of his 3 checks
    Endeavor is healed of 7HP and 1 Injury
    Endeavor is healed of 14 HP and 1 Injury

At the courts

Ace is content to let Joanna pitch the terms of the battle, nodding eagerly at her shoulder and eyeing up his potential opponents, confidant in his team's ability to carry their weight in the challenge.

Spoiler: Exp Spending
    Show

Endeavor was awarded 20 Exp, leveld up to level 7, learned Ember!
    Brand was awarded 12 exp, leveled up to 6

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

The blue haired boy looks to the other 2 trainers and smirks. "You're looking in the wrong place if you want a battle. Most people here have 8 badges, so unless you 3 want to face me I don't think it'll be a fair fight." He holds out 2 pokeballs between his fingers "We can do a 3v1, 6 pokemon per side, that seems fair enough to me" He says with a smirk. On the court you watch the snowflake encase the rat in a block of ice causing it to be recalled by the girl. The blue haired boy turns looking at the court "Well i'll be damned, he actually beat her." He turns back to the three of you "So what do you say to those terms?"
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-06-02 at 11:11 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace purses his lips, impressed by the kid's statement until he issues his challenge. His head tilts to the side, confused. Confusion that quickly curls up into anger. He reaches out and puts a hand on Joanna's shoulder, pulling himself in front of her and standing a little to close to the kid.

"Hold on. Lemme get this straight. You've got all eight, and you think it's a fair fight to battle 3 Trainers who haven't even gotten started with your whole roster?" Ace spits to the side. "You must be a real tough guy, I can tell you've got such a great opinion of yourself. I can also tell we'll be done with your whole region inside a month if it's full of jokers like you who think they can get stronger beating up on people weaker than them." Ace's eyes narrow and he gets very quiet. "What's your name boy? I'm gonna go knock out all 8 badges myself, then I'm gonna come back here and kick your teeth in."

19. - Top - End - #19

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Ace purses his lips, impressed by the kid's statement until he issues his challenge. His head tilts to the side, confused. Confusion that quickly curls up into anger. He reaches out and puts a hand on Joanna's shoulder, pulling himself in front of her and standing a little to close to the kid.

"Hold on. Lemme get this straight. You've got all eight, and you think it's a fair fight to battle 3 Trainers who haven't even gotten started with your whole roster?" Ace spits to the side. "You must be a real tough guy, I can tell you've got such a great opinion of yourself. I can also tell we'll be done with your whole region inside a month if it's full of jokers like you who think they can get stronger beating up on people weaker than them." Ace's eyes narrow and he gets very quiet. "What's your name boy? I'm gonna go knock out all 8 badges myself, then I'm gonna come back here and kick your teeth in."
    "Try not to set the Island on fire, Ace. We just got here." Julius says, ignoring the blue haired boys outrageous proposition and walks over to the Red Haired girl with the scarf.

"Hey there we're waiting on the ferry to Littleroot to get started on the circuit. Care to have a battle?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace's shoulders slump as he turns to look at Julius, blinking in confusion. He shrugs with a smile, and says cheerfully "yeah, you make a good point." He turns to the kid and winks "I guess I'll deal with you some other time yeah? make sure you're ready. Cause next time we meet, you'll have heard my name before."

He holds out his hand to the kid "I'm Ace, Ace Curtis if you're feeling formal."

Having 180'd back into a good mood, Ace will wander off and look for more pokemon.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Last edited by big teej; 2019-06-02 at 02:35 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Joanna grins at Ace's antics, eventually letting out a chuckle as he walks away from the courts. "Jules is right, we'll have plenty more opportunities later."

Shrike looks up at her trainer and lets out a grinding noise and flaps her wings a few times. "Yeah, yeah," she says to the bird, "I know I promised a battle. You're gonna have to wait a little bit longer." She pats the Skarmory on her armored head and waits for Julius to either have a battle, or follow Ace on his wanderings.

Pokespotting: 8
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-06-02 at 03:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

The trainers grin grows wider "The names Maren." He releases a blue and teal bipedal pokemon with a large red sac the grows and shrinks in rhythm with his breath "And I know that I'm a tough opponent because Blight here could take on all three of you without even breaking a sweat." Maren leans in closer to you "I'd like to see you try and get all 8 badges before the championships start. If you can even manage to get past 3 gym leaders that is."

"Hey there we're waiting on the ferry to Littleroot to get started on the circuit. Care to have a battle?"
    The red haired girl looks at you and chuckles "Hun, I like the spunk but a fresh beginner like you wouldn't stand a chance." After Maren releases his pokemon she pushes past you and jogs to his side. "Maren don't waste your time on these kids we have a job to turn in remember, and while it would be funny to beat these kids into missing their ferry I don't feel like stranding a bunch of kids on an island today." Maren gives one final look at Ace before turning and leaving the courts with the other three trainers behind him, leaving your trio and the tall dark haired man.

OOC: Ace you may edit your post if you would respond differently to the situation

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace's carefree grin sours back into his earlier scowl as he eyes the Toxicroak. "Real manly man." Ace deadpans. He holds up an unambiguously euphemistic and defiant finger and assures Maren, "I'll see you then, just don't let anybody else knock you out before I get the chance." He'll flash a much less pleasant grin and then clear out of the pissing match arena he mistook for a pokemon court.

Show
    OOC: my previous post stands, Ace nopes outta here and goes squad-hunting again.

also, Ace thinks about if he knows when the championship starts, how much time does he have? General Education 8

Shounen mode activated
    Last edited by big teej; 2019-06-02 at 03:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Come on guys, let's get outta here. Plenty to do other than waste our time." Julius says, walking over to Ace and Joanna. "Let's see if there's some more 'mon to find before we gotta head out."

Spoiler: Narrator: "He Couldn't."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Leaving the goons behind you face yourself towards the city. On your travels you pass by a ginormous stadium with a stone statue of a coiled serpent pokemon standing before the entrance. You also see kids running through the streets playing, and other tourists shopping for charms and trinkets before their flights home.

Spoiler: Optional Occult Edu./Academic Edu./General Edu. Roll - TN 4
    Show

Spoiler: Occult Edu.
    Show
    You recognize this as Rayquaza the Legendary pokemon who maintains balance in the Hoenn region. Often considered a guardian that protects the region from any threats.

Spoiler: Academic Edu.
    Show
    You recognize this as Rayquaza, one of the weather trio pokemon. He is told to have control over the weather and resides in the skies of Hoenn.

Spoiler: General Edu.
    Show
    You recognize this as Rayquaza, a legendary pokemon native to Hoenn. Stories spoke of him protecting the region during times of crisis.

Spoiler: Ace
    Show
    Gen Edu. - Thinking about the Hoenn region you recall your father telling you that their circuit works in yearly seasons. These tournaments are held at the end of each year during the winter months of Hoenn. It is the beginning of the year now so you conclude that you have about 1 year to complete the circuit to participate in the upcoming championships.

Walking through the city you see a gaunt yellow feline with spiky fur. It hisses in your direction after seeing you and arches its back ready to flee or fight.

Spoiler: Joanna
    Show
    Hearing a noise in one of the nearby trash piles you see a small feline pokemon with a golden charm attached to its head digging through the waste looking for food.

Show
    You see out of the corner of your eye a small dark green trash bag with topknot. You swore it moved just a second ago.

As the sun rises you realize that your ferry is going to be leaving soon and you should head to the ports where your ride to Slateport awaits. Making your way to the docks you ride the Gondola down and manage to catch your ride before it departs.

Spoiler: Optional Perception Roll - TN 7
    Show
    You see the tall dark haired man from the courts earlier boarding the same boat as you.

Once on board you all head to your rooms and settle down to relax. Looking at a brochure that is placed besides the bed, you can see that there is a large open deck out front where people can hang out, many small shops on the lower decks, and a lower viewing area for an undersea view of the ocean down near the bottom of the boat.

Day 1 -
    After embarking the rest of the day is clear and the seas are calm. You can see seagull pokemon flying overhead high in the skies at different times during the day. Down below if you head to the viewing decks you can see colonies of coral and a multitude of different fish pokemon swimming past. As Day turns to night you are all invited to a dinner being hosted by the Ferry Company.

Spoiler: Optional Perception Roll - TN 12
    Show
    At dinner you overhear talk from a few sailors who you assume operate the ship talk about the possibility of The Wraith attacking the ferry on the way to Slateport. The younger one seems very scared of the prospect while the older sailor brushes it off as ghost stories made to scare young sailors like him.

Day 2 -
    Day 2 on the sea you pass by many small islands that seem to be uninhabited by people. The skies are once again clear and the seas are calm allowing for great views of the ocean and ocean life. Around evening time you can just barely see ships in the distance as well as the possible horizon of land. You estimate you would make it to Slateport by the morning. That night there is no special event so you are free to roam the boat as you please.

Spoiler: Optional Perception or Intuition Roll - TN 13
    Show
    Standing on the deck after having dinner you see the nighttime fog rolling in the distance. Though it seems different. You swear you can see a pale green light from within, you blink your eyes trying to clear them and get a better look but once you look back it's just plain old fog.

Day 3 -
    Once you wake up in the morning it is not long until the ferry docks at the ports of Slateport. The white sandstone city stands before you gleaming off the morning sun. The bustling ports seem even busier than the capital Ever Grande. You see set up not too far away from the ships is a large gathering of stalls and stands. They form a market area where many people come in and out of with goods of all varieties, some not even from this region. The large beach next to the port is covered with people either on vacation or enjoying the sun. While you don't have a set time to be in Littleroot you figure the earlier you make it there the quicker you can start the circuit.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

At the Stadium...

Ace pauses to admire the coiling statue. He'll nudge Julius without shifting his gaze. "Ya think they get it right? Artists I mean, 'bout nobody's ever seen one, but we've got all these pictures and statues." He'll shrug and move on.

Walking around town...

Ace eyes the feline, sizing it up, and considering how his last catch attempt had panned out. "Watcha guys think? Should we try to go big again, or just hold off til later?" He'll ask Joanna and Julius. "I'd love to go after it, but I'm not about leaving scrapped pokeballs all over Hoenn, ya know? People might talk." He trails off with a grin.

Boarding....

Ace notices the trainer from the court, but doesn't make mention of it to Joanna or Julius, figuring the guy was at best, some other trainer just passing through, and at worst, another punk like Maren.

After finding his way to his cabin and putting his stuff down, he reads through the brochure before pointing out the under-sea viewing area to J&J "Hey guys, check this out! apparently you can see out the bottom of the boat, that sounds cooler than this other stuff, so I'm gonna go hang out there til it's time to eat. Suiting action to words, Ace'll wish his cousins fun roaming the boat and head down to look at the water from under the water, grinning the whole way. Unless distrubed, he'll stay there until the dinner invite comes.

Day 2....

Having found the ocean viewing relaxing, and figuring he won't get a chance to see the ocean like this for a long time, Ace will spend most of his day in the under-water area again.

Day 3....

Ace hangs out at side railing watching the ocean pass by, and eyeing the city as it comes into view. His hat's been left behind in his room and his hair trails toward the wake of the boat in the breeze. If either of his cousins are nearby, he'll suggest that they skip the markets and whatever else Slateport has and book it for Littleroot so the trio can get started on the circuit. He'll also point out that there will be plenty of time to explore Slateport when they come back to battle the gym.

Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

Ace's Occult Education: 9

Optional perception #1 - 10

Perception #2 - fail

Intuition fail

27. - Top - End - #27

GreataxeFighterGuy

At the Stadium...

Ace pauses to admire the coiling statue. He'll nudge Julius without shifting his gaze. "Ya think they get it right? Artists I mean, 'bout nobody's ever seen one, but we've got all these pictures and statues." He'll shrug and move on.
    Julius looks at the statue "I don't know but if there's this many pictures, someone saw something." He says, continuing his pace.

Around town...

"No way. Did that trash bag move?" Julius asks, looking down at His pokemon. Vandal begins growling and lunges at the bag. "I guess it did! Bite it, Vandal!" Julius says. Vandal claps his jaws shut on the front of the bag, tearing at it. "Hold it steady." Julius says, lobbing a ball at it. It hits squarely, energizing it.

Spoiler: OOC: Mechanics
    Show
    Vandal uses bite! 32 Dark Damage +1 Bonus Damage v def!
    Julius is a level 1 trainer and is using a basic ball

Boarding...

As Julius walks onto the boat he notices the tall man and remembers him from the courts earlier. He nods at him.

During the trip, Julius sticks around the shops and the glass bottom. If he runs into the tall man, Julius will introduce himself. On the dinner of the 2nd night, Julius alerts Ace and Jo of the strange sight in the fog. The next morning Julius gathers his things in preparation to begin the adventure.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Zen View Post
    Julius looks at the statue "I don't know but if there's this many pictures, someone saw something." He says, continuing his pace.
    "I wonder what it would be like to meet something that powerful... do you think it would even notice us?" Joanna trails off, following her two cousins.

Walking around town...

Ace eyes the feline, sizing it up, and considering how his last catch attempt had panned out. "Watcha guys think? Should we try to go big again, or just hold off til later?" He'll ask Joanna and Julius. "I'd love to go after it, but I'm not about leaving scrapped pokeballs all over Hoenn, ya know? People might talk." He trails off with a grin.
    "You can try it, but I can't help you with that one." Joanna pats Shrike's head. "My birds can't take on an electric type. I'll cheer you on from here though!" Joanna gives Ace a big thumbs up and teasing smile.

One the boat Joanna enjoys have a few days to laze about and spend some time sunbathing, checking out the shops and the ocean. She shines her Skarmory's metal skin and feathers until they gleam.

Day 3....

Ace hangs out at side railing watching the ocean pass by, and eyeing the city as it comes into view. His hat's been left behind in his room and his hair trails toward the wake of the boat in the breeze. If either of his cousins are nearby, he'll suggest that they skip the markets and whatever else Slateport has and book it for Littleroot so the trio can get started on the circuit. He'll also point out that there will be plenty of time to explore Slateport when they come back to battle the gym.
    "I totally agree. Let's head to Littleroot so we can get started!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Occult Edu: 11
    Perception 1: 5- Nope
    Perception 2: 2- Nope
    Perception 3: 8- Nope
    OOC: Joanna can't see anything

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Around the city -

Show
    Vandal bites down of the bag which releases a burst of purplish gas on contact. Luckily the two of you are able to hold you breath until the vapor disperses. Your pokeball sails through the air and lands on the pokemon.

Spoiler: Catch!?
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Wobble
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Click!
    Show
    You caught a Trubbish!
    Level - 2
    Gender - Female
    Nature - +Def / -SpA
    Trait - Def
    Ability - Absorb Force
    Moves - Pound, Poison Gas

Vandal gains 1 EXP

Days Sailing -

If he runs into the tall man, Julius will introduce himself.
    The air grows considerably colder as you approach him and you notice now that the crowd has seem to form a sort of small bubble around him. He looks down at you with an intimidating stare as you introduce yourself. He holds out his hand "The name's Cassius. I remember you from earlier. I'm glad that nothing happened, I didn't feel like dealing with a fight." After a bit of silence he slowly walks off "See you later." The temperature returns to normal once he leaves.

One the boat Joanna enjoys have a few days to laze about and spend some time sunbathing, checking out the shops and the ocean. She shines her Skarmory's metal skin and feathers until they gleam.
    The shops hold an assortment of tourist trinkets, charms of a bird-like pokemon with large straight wings, wooden pokemon, T-Shirts and shorts. While passing by one of the shops Talon hops off your shoulder, landing on a stand with ribbons. He takes a red one and throws it over his head before turning back to you chirping happily. A shop keep appears and chuckles tying the ribbon around him, letting the end trail off a bit. "I think it looks cute on him. I've never seen a pokemon like this, what is it?" she says handing the bird back to you.

Suiting action to words, Ace'll wish his cousins fun roaming the boat and head down to look at the water from under the water, grinning the whole way.
    While down in the viewing area you see a couple of large Manta-Ray pokemon with a school of smaller fish and rays swimming along with them. "Whoaaa" A kid to your right has his face pressed up against the glass staring awe-struck by the pokemon. Once the pokemon pass he turns to you with his eyes still gleaming "Hey mister! Do you see stuff like that everyday as a trainer! I can't wait to grow up and be able to go on adventures everyday with a pokemon! Pokemon are so cool! Do you think they'll come back around, or maybe something bigger will swim by like a Gyarados!"

In The City -

Making your way out of the city, you pass by a cycle shop called Blitzing Bicycles that has a sprinting Blitzle with a bolt of lightning behind it as their logo. A poster is taped outside on the window.

Spoiler: Cycle Poster
    Show
    A large poster with a sprinting Blitzle creating a bolt of lightning behind sits in the middle of the poster, and reads as the following.
    Blitzing Bicycles!

Buy or Rent a Bicycle Today!

Prices are low and stock is high! Buy your own Bike for 10,000 Pokken or rent one for 100 Pokken and return it to one of our shops once you're done!
    With a Blitzing Bicycle you can make it to your destination in half the time! Nay! A quarter of the time! Get yourself somewhere fast with our Blitzing Bicycles!

Should a rented bike not be returned or returned with damage the buyer agrees to pay for the bike in full and then proceed to have said bike returned to the company with no refund of property. Bike rental payments will be made on moment of signing a waiver. The buyer has a total of 3 days to return a rented bike before being marked for a full purchase. For more information please visit one of our shops in the following locations, Slateport, Mauville, Petalburg, Rustoboro, Oldale, Lavaridge, or Lillycove
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-06-03 at 09:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialTM View Post
    The shops hold an assortment of tourist trinkets, charms of a bird-like pokemon with large straight wings, wooden pokemon, T-Shirts and shorts. While passing by one of the shops Talon hops off your shoulder, landing on a stand with ribbons. He takes a red one and throws it over his head before turning back to you chirping happily. A shop keep appears and chuckles tying the ribbon around him, letting the end trail off a bit. "I think it looks cute on him. I've never seen a pokemon like this, what is it?" she says handing the bird back to you.
    Joanna pulls out her wallet and follows the bird over to the shop keep with a grin. "He's a Rufflet. They're pretty common over in Unova. I found his egg while I was visiting one of my cousins up there. How much is the ribbon?"

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialTM View Post
    In The City -

Making your way out of the city, you pass by a cycle shop called Blitzing Bicycles that has a sprinting Blitzle with a bolt of lightning behind it as their logo. A poster is taped outside on the window.

Spoiler: Cycle Poster
    Show
    A large poster with a sprinting Blitzle creating a bolt of lightning behind sits in the middle of the poster, and reads as the following.
    Blitzing Bicycles!

Buy or Rent a Bicycle Today!

Prices are low and stock is high! Buy your own Bike for 10,000 Pokken or rent one for 100 Pokken and return it to one of our shops once you're done!
    With a Blitzing Bicycle you can make it to your destination in half the time! Nay! A quarter of the time! Get yourself somewhere fast with our Blitzing Bicycles!

Should a rented bike not be returned or returned with damage the buyer agrees to pay for the bike in full and then proceed to have said bike returned to the company with no refund of property. Bike rental payments will be made on moment of signing a waiver. The buyer has a total of 3 days to return a rented bike before being marked for a full purchase. For more information please visit one of our shops in the following locations, Slateport, Mauville, Petalburg, Rustoboro, Oldale, Lavaridge, or Lillycove
    "What do you think guys?" Joanna asks Ace and Julius. "We could get to Littleroot way faster if we rented one?"