New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: Delta Emerald

Seeing the ghost leave the field Bryce perks up "Now's our chance to shine! Get em Blue!" the Sawk goes in on the desert pokemon slamming its fist down. With the pokemon fainted Bryce and Amber recall their pokemon. Bryce walk up to Julius and Madelyne offering a hand "Sorry about going a bit overboard but it was a good battle none the less." Amber is writing in her journal walking slowly up, she finishes writing when she gets right up to the two of you. "That was very useful information, I think i'll be good to fight Norman now, what about you Bryce?" Bryce shakes his head "Nah, I still need more training." He turns to Julius "Mind if I hang out with you guys for awhile I got nothing else to do and you seem good enough people."
    After recalling her Pokemon Madelyn continues to watch the battle lingering on the outskirts field until the fight reaches it's conclusion. She watches intently and records every detail she can about her opponents team that she possibly can.

Watching those battle alongside their Pokemon makes me feel like we're in totally different leagues... The artist thinks to herself as she continues to sketch in her book.

When Julius recalls his Pokemon, Madelyn will meet the others midfield and shake hands with Bryce with a bit of embarrassment. "Oh... you don't have to apologize, it should really be me. The three of you were simply amazing to watch if I'm being honest. I kind of feel like the odd one out here.", she offers.

"Hey Julius I think I'm going to check my Pokemon in at the Center for treatment but if you're free later today I wanted to talk to you if that's okay?"

Madelyn will leave the exchange and make her way back over to Cordelia, taking in a deep breath before exhaling. Her face flushes. "So... it wasn't that bad, was it?" Madelyn asks the senior trainer while avoiding direct eye contact.

Spoiler: Chronicler Mechanics and EXP Distribution
    Show
    Madelyn spent 1 AP to add Bryce to her Profile Archive!
    Madelyn spent 1 AP to add Amber to her Profile Archive!

137/137 EXP Remaining

Easel - 30 EXP
    Tails - 30 EXP
    Lillipup - 30 EXP
    Eevee - 47 EXP

0/137 EXP Remaining

Madelyn gained 3 Trainer EXP!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2019-08-13 at 10:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialTM View Post
    Seeing the ghost leave the field Bryce perks up "Now's our chance to shine! Get em Blue!" the Sawk goes in on the desert pokemon slamming its fist down. With the pokemon fainted Bryce and Amber recall their pokemon. Bryce walk up to Julius and Madelyne offering a hand "Sorry about going a bit overboard but it was a good battle none the less." Amber is writing in her journal walking slowly up, she finishes writing when she gets right up to the two of you. "That was very useful information, I think i'll be good to fight Norman now, what about you Bryce?" Bryce shakes his head "Nah, I still need more training." He turns to Julius "Mind if I hang out with you guys for awhile I got nothing else to do and you seem good enough people."
    "Got no problem with that though, i gotta head to the PC to get my crew looked at... This nurse is gonna think I'm bad luck since I keep bringing back more 'mon that need urgent care. That was a good Battle." Julius says to the man. "You're welcome to come along as well, Amber."

Spoiler: EXP Distribution
    Show
    Mask Earns 33 xp! MAsk is Level 11! Mask Learned Astonish

Vandal Earns 103 xp! Vandal is level 13! Vandal Learned Sand Attack, Torment, and Sand Tomb

Vengeance gains 1 xp.

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    After recalling her Pokemon Madelyn continues to watch the battle lingering on the outskirts field until the fight reaches it's conclusion. She watches intently and records every detail she can about her opponents team that she possibly can.

Watching those battle alongside their Pokemon makes me feel like we're in totally different leagues... The artist thinks to herself as she continues to sketch in her book.

When Julius recalls his Pokemon, Madelyn will meet the others midfield and shake hands with Bryce with a bit of embarrassment. "Oh... you don't have to apologize, it should really be me. The three of you were simply amazing to watch if I'm being honest. I kind of feel like the odd one out here.", she offers.

"Hey Julius I think I'm going to check my Pokemon in at the Center for treatment but if you're free later today I wanted to talk to you if that's okay?"

Madelyn will leave the exchange and make her way back over to Cordelia, taking in a deep breath before exhaling. Her face flushes. "So... it wasn't that bad, was it?" Madelyn asks the senior trainer while avoiding direct eye contact.
    "You did great! Honestly, it was my fault putting you into that position. I'm sorry." Julius says slightly embarrassed. "After we head back to the PC we can talk and all grab a bite to eat, maybe look for some pokémon. Sound Good?"
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Rocky Mountain Pokemon Spotting Fever

Ace keeps an eye on the sleeping pokemon as they march passed it, but is content to leave the abra be, the bugs catch his eye though, wondering if they might have a bit more oomph to them than Boll.

"Hold up Jo, I wanna do some uh.... recruiting." He gives her a big smile and moves toward the trees and their buzzing cohorts. "Vigil, if one comes to attack me, put it to sleep okay?" He whispers to his invisible companion before winding up and throwing his last overpriced ball at what he thinks looks like the biggest of the black spotted bugs.

Spoiler: ooc/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Ace's Perception: 16
    Ace throws a pokeball at Ledyba? 8
    Capture roll! 95

if any of the wild pokemon become aggressive/approach Ace, Vigil will use hypnosis on the first one to come within range
    Hypnosis to hit: 18

regardless of the success or failure at catching the Ledyba, Ace will try to catch all 3 of them if they stick around to fight.

When Joanna decides to go after the furball, Ace takes another crack at another insect, this time going after the grub in the bushes. He cracks his knuckles and winds up for another pitch, sending the ball into the bug's carapace.
    "Same drill as before Vigil" He calls out.

Spoiler: ooc/mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Ace threw a pokeball at Venipede? 12
    Capture roll: 12!

Pre-Coffee, not exactly my best work, oh well.

4. - Top - End - #184

Kimiko looks at her pokedex and chooses to send the newly caught Emolga to the PC. She will reunite with it when they reach Petalburg.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Mountain Travels -

Ace's pokeball scores the Ledyba causing the other two to fly around frantically before one turns on Ace angrily. The Ledyba charges straight for Ace beating its wings creating a discordant sound. The charging Ledyba droops and glides to the ground asleep.

Spoiler: Catch!?
    Show
    Spoiler: Wiggle
    Show
    Spoiler: Wobble
    Show
    Spoiler: Snap!
    Show

The remaining Ledyba now shaking turns to run before the thrown pokeball breaks open releasing the big Ledyba. The Ledyba on the ground shakes its head waking up beating its wings furiously. The Timid Ledyba shows more courage with the other two around but fails to act. As Ace acts The big Ledyba releases a storm of stars that burst upon reaching Ace.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Ledyba 3 uses Supersonic on Ace!
    It misses!

Vigils Turn resolves
    Ledyba 3 fails to wake up with Early Bird!

Initiative Resets!

Ledyba 3 wakes up with Early Bird!

Ledyba 1 uses Supersonic!
    It Misses!

Ledyba 2 uses Swift on Ace!
    Ace takes 20 Normal Damage vs Special Defense!

Ace has Initiative!

Initiative -
    Ledyba 1 - 13
    Ace & Ledyba 2- 10
    Ledyba 3 - 9
    Vigil - 8

Seeing Joanna about to act the chinchilla wraps its tail around itself and its eyes grow big. The Cinccino hides as Talon makes its pass and is energized by the pokeball that follows.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Wubble
    Show
    Spoiler: Click!
    Show
    The Minccino uses Baby Doll Eyes before being caught!

Minccino gains 2 Injuries!

You caught a Miniccino!

Level - 15
    Gender - Female
    Loyalty - 2
    Nature - +Atk / -Atk
    Triat - Spd
    Ability - Helper
    Moves - Pound, Baby Doll Eyes, Helping Hand, Tickle, Double Slap, Encore

Joanna gains 8 Exp that she can distribute to Talon and Maverick however she pleases.

Ace's pokeball scores the unsuspecting bug easily.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    You Caught a Venipede!

Level - 2
    Gender - Female
    Loyalty - 2
    Nature - +Phys / -SpA
    Trait - SpD
    Ability - Poison Point
    Moves - Defense Curl, Rollout

Vigil gains 1 Exp

OOC: Will the two of you be stopping for a midday break or continuing onward?

Forest Travelers -

Edwards pokemon catches the snake as it rears back once more.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    The Ekans is released hissing furiously as it's hit by Shusui. Ekans now struggling to raise itself, stands fierce against Edward and Shusui. Slower than before the snake bites at Shusui barely managing to score a hit.

Show
    Ekans uses Bite on Shusui!
    Shusui takes 28 Dark Damage vs Defense!

Edward has initiative!

Initiative -

Ekans - 11
    Edward - 10
    Shusui - 6

Selina smirks at Edward's comment. "You'd need some other transportation if you were hoping to reach Petalburg soon, it's at least a 3 day travel from Oldale. Luckily the road is a straight shot there so we shouldn't be to worried about getting lost." Selina moves to sit down along the side of the road. "Well I thought we were going to stop for lunch but if you want to keep going that's fine by me."

Central Square -

As the 4 trainers meet in the middle the small crowd around erupts into applause and a few cheers. Cordelia smiles brightly at Madelyne's question "What are you talking about! Yeah they got some lucky hits, but it was your first battle! You were just as good as any of them out there!"

Entering the pokemon center the nurse welcomes everyone cheerfully. "Welcome everyone, how can I help you today? Back again so soon?" The nurse asks after seeing Julius. The nurse takes any pokemon that are given to her for healing "Your pokemon will be out in about an hour." The nurse says to Julius, Amber and Bryce. "You're pokemon will need to be here overnight they got really hurt. Must have been some battle." The nurse says to Madelyne.
    "You will get a notification on your pokedex when your pokemon are fully healed, so be careful in the meantime!"
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-08-09 at 10:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Yeah, sorry. My mom always says 'Fight hard or run fast.' and we we're definitely fighting hard." Julius says looking at the pokeballs. "We're gonna go search for some pokemon so we're gonna be frequent visitors until tomorrow at least." Julius says with a grin. "But first lets get some lunch! Where do you guys wanna go? I'm new around here. so I'll let you guys decide."
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

7. - Top - End - #187

AssassinGuy

Ed's body is rigid as he attempts to recall Shusui, who falls battered.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show

Edward is Paralyzed and cannot move!
    Paralysis: 1d20 2

Shusui faints!
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-08-09 at 11:37 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace snaps his fingers in frustration. His eyes widen as he realizes he has 3 angry bugs swooping in at him. He grits his teeth in a fierce grin and braces for the first attack. As soon as the cloud of stars dissipates, he sidesteps the largest ledyba in front of him and hurls an orb of flame at the timid one, catching it's red carapace alight. Turning back to the big one, he pulls Brand's ball from his belt and looses the charmander. "Vigil, Paralyze the big one!" he shouts.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

10 - [Standard Action] Ace used Will-O-Wisp on the timid Ledyba
    to hit: 18
    The timid ledyba was burned!
    10a - [Move] Ace released Brand next to the largest ledyba, Brand is uncontrolled on Initiative 7

in the interest of speed,
    on initiative 8, Vigil will advance on the largest Ledyba and lick it.
    Vigil's Lick to hit: 5
    Lick Damage: 15 Ghost damage vs. Defense and 9 Bonus Damage!
    STAB die: 4 I knew I was forgetting something

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Forest Battle -

The Ekans rises in triumph hissing maliciously. The snake slithers and wraps its body around Edward constricting his body.

Show
    Ekans Grapples Edward!
    Edward loses a tick of HP!

Edward has Initiative!

Initiative -
    Ekans - 11
    Edward - 10

Ledyba Encounter -

The Timid Ledyba falls to the ground trying to put out the flames while the Angry Ledyba charges Ace and swoops over his head missing its attack. Brand and Vigil attack the Big Ledyba who cries out after the assault and slams into Brand putting some distance between itself and its opponents. The big Ledyba struggles to keep itself in the air after its attack.

Show
    Ledyba 3 uses Tackle on Ace!
    It Misses!

Brand uses Scratch on Ledyba 2
    Brand deals 22 Damage to Ledyba 2!
    Ledyba 2 gains 1 Injury

Initiative Resets!

Ledyba 1 fails to act
    Ledyba 1 loses 1 Tick of HP

Ledyba 2 uses Tackle on Brand!
    Brand takes 18 Damage vs Defense!

Ace acts simultaneously!

Initiative -
    Ledyba 1 - 13
    Ace & Ledyba 2- 10
    Ledyba 3 - 9
    Vigil - 8
    Brand - 7

10. - Top - End - #190

AssassinGuy

Edward grits his teeth at being squeezed by the snake, unable to move.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show

Edward is Paralyzed and cannot move!
    Paralysis: 1d20 5

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace glances over his shoulder at the ledyba that had swooped past him before returning his attention to the larger specimen tussling with his pokemon. He pulls another empty pokeball from his belt and flings it into the carapace of the struggling ladybug, simultaneously recalling Vigil. Ace points to the one swooping behind him. "Brand, torch it!"

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot:
    Show

10 - [Standard] - Ace Throws a pokeball at the Big Ledyba
    Pokeball to hit: 15
    Capture Roll: 77 can't catch a break on these d100s
    10 - [Move] - Ace recalls Vigil
    7 - [Standard] - Brand uses Ember on Ledyba 3, Brand activated Blaze and Brightest Flame for Bonus Damage!
    to hit: 15 Ledyba 3 was burned!
    Damage: 26 Fire Damage vs. Special Defense and 17 Bonus Damage

also, Ace is going to vote we stop for a break.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Serpent Troubles -

The Ekans flicks its tongue in and out taking its time seeming to have assumed victory. A fist slams the snake right in the face as it rears back to bite down on Edward. The Ekans loosens its grip and falls to the ground unconscious. "You ok? Did it poison you at all?" Selina asks. Selina walks over to the Ekans and prods it with her foot testing to see if it's unconscious. Selina puts a Paralyze Heal in Edward's hands "Next time don't be afraid to call out for help, there are some really dangerous pokemon in the wild, and the further we go from cities the worse it gets."

Spoiler: EXP
    Show
    Edwards gains 16 Exp that he may distribute to Kitetsu and Shusui in any way he pleases.

Mechanics -

Selina Joins Initiative!
    Selina uses a Struggle Attack on Ekans!
    Ekans takes 17 Typless Damage!

Ekans Fainted!

Encounter Over!

Ledyba Encounter -

The angry Ledyba swoops down once more as Ace throws the pokeball. It slams into the trainer and circles around for another dive when Brand's fire catches it. The Ledyba cries out in pain plummeting, barely catches itself before hitting the ground. The Timid Ledyba looks at the situation and turns running.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    You caught a Ledyba!

Level - 10
    Gender - Male
    Loyalty - 2
    Nature - +Def / -Spd
    Trait - SpD
    Ability - Early Bird
    Moves - Tackle, Supersonic, Swift

OOC: You have 1 more turn to act before the Timid Ledyba runs away.
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-08-10 at 09:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193

AssassinGuy

As the grip on his loosens and he fees he can move again, Ed looks up at Selina. “Yeah, thanks a ton for the assist. Was actually about to call out and the Paralysis hit me, but no poison.” Ed recalls Shusui to his ball for a good rest and fishes out a Paralyze Heal from his bag and hands it to Selina. “In return for the one you used. Thank you.” Before he rejoins the group he walks over and picks up the Pokeball with the Vulpix in it and clips it to his sash.

When they stop for lunch, Ed will call Shusui back out along with Kitetsu to spray Kitetsu with another paralyze heal and bandage and spray Shusui with a potion.

Spoiler: EXP Distribution and Item Usage
    Show

Shusui gains 8 EXP! Level up to 8!
    Kitetsu gains 8 EXP! Level up to 8!

Ed gives Selina a Paralyze Heal.
    Ed uses 1 Potion, 1 Bandage, and 1 Paralyze Heal.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-08-10 at 11:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace shoots a derisive glare at the timid Ledyba. "Go on, get! I ain't got no use for them that's got no stomach for a fight." He turns and lobs another pokeball at the flailing, burning ledyba.

Show

Ace throws another pokeball at the burning one that's been putting up a fight
    throw:13
    catch!?: 11

Brand will forfeit his turn to Intercept if the ledyba breaks free and goes after Ace again

did I take damage on the last post?

15. - Top - End - #195

NinjaGuy

Central Square

As the 4 trainers meet in the middle the small crowd around erupts into applause and a few cheers. Cordelia smiles brightly at Madelyne's question "What are you talking about! Yeah they got some lucky hits, but it was your first battle! You were just as good as any of them out there!"
    Madelyn is caught off guard by the cheers of the crowd and praise she receives from Cordelia, her face clearly reflecting this fact as it begins to flush. "If you say so...", she whispers as she shyly waves to the various people in the square.

Entering the pokemon center the nurse welcomes everyone cheerfully. "Welcome everyone, how can I help you today? Back again so soon?" The nurse asks after seeing Julius. The nurse takes any pokemon that are given to her for healing "Your pokemon will be out in about an hour." The nurse says to Julius, Amber and Bryce. "You're pokemon will need to be here overnight they got really hurt. Must have been some battle." The nurse says to Madelyne. "You will get a notification on your pokedex when your pokemon are fully healed, so be careful in the meantime!"
    "I understand and thank you for taking care of my pokemon.", she replies bittersweetly.

Yeah, sorry. My mom always says 'Fight hard or run fast.' and we we're definitely fighting hard." Julius says looking at the pokeballs. "We're gonna go search for some pokemon so we're gonna be frequent visitors until tomorrow at least." Julius says with a grin. "But first lets get some lunch! Where do you guys wanna go? I'm new around here. so I'll let you guys decide."
    "Lunch sounds good right about now. Does anyone have any idea where or what they want to eat? Honestly I could go for anything..."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2019-08-11 at 12:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: In the woods
    Show
    Jeremy will squint at the rock that seemed to be moving. That had to be a pokemon, undoubtedly. What could it be? Either way, it was coming with Jeremy.
    it was interesting. He throws a ball, Catch? If not caught, he will release Hermes, the Yanma, as backup.

17. - Top - End - #197

Kim perks up, "Oh right, lunch! I was so eager I almost forgot to take care of myself. Let's do that, yeah. Stopping for lunch is definitely something we should do." she said with a smile, plopping down next to Selina to enjoy some lunch before they would set out on the road again, "Should we camp out by the road tonight? Probably easier to find a safe spot, yeah?"

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Ledyba Encounter -

The Ledyba is energized and sent into the capture device as the other one runs deep into the forest.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    You Caught a Ledyba!

Level - 7
    Gender - Male
    Loyalty - 2
    Nature - +SpA / -Atk
    Trait - SpA
    Ability - Early Bird
    Moves - Tackle, Supersonic

Spoiler: Mechanics for last round
    Show

Ledyba 3 uses Tackle on Ace!
    Ace takes 18 Normal Damage vs Defense!

Initiative Resets!

Ledyba 1 Loses a Tick of HP from Burn!

Ledyba 3 was Caught!

Ledyba 1 Runs Away!

Encounter Over!

Ace gains 16 EXP that he may distribute to Brand and Vigil any way he pleases

Upon registering each of these pokemon your pokedex will prompt you with a notification. Including the Venipede

"You have more pokemon then you're able to hold" at the bottom is a button labeled OK

Spoiler: OK
    Show
    Would you like to keep this new pokemon?

Spoiler: Yes
    Show
    "Please choose one of your other pokemon and scan it to send it to the PC."

- ENDEAVOR-
    - Brand -
    - Boll -
    - Skiddo -
    - Jewel -
    - Vigil -

Spoiler: After Your Choice
    Show
    The Pokeball in your hand glows a bright blue and then disappears in a flash.

Spoiler: No
    Show
    The Pokeball in your hand glows a bright blue and then disappears in a flash.

Dwebble Encounter -

The rock gives a short cry right as the pokeball score it.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    You caught a Dwebble!

Level - 9
    Gender - Male
    Loyalty - 2
    Nature - +Phys / -Atk
    Trait - Def
    Ability - Sturdy
    Moves - Fury Cutter, Rock Blast, Withdraw
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-08-11 at 11:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Oldale Crew -

Leaving the Pokemon center the group passes by a few choices for food. Mudbraised BBQ, Gulpin Good Deli, and Traveler's Shack are the ones that stick out, along with the few street carts selling food near the main square. After meals are done and deciding to head North for some pokemon hunting. Julius, Bryce and Amber's Pokedex vibrate and chime a little after eating. A message appears on the screen "Your Pokemon have been fully healed and are ready to be picked up at the Pokemon Center." Bryce and Amber will make there way back to the Pokemon Center acquiring their pokemon before Bryce joins back with the group. Heading up north the group makes their way into the dense forests that surround Oldale. The suns rays still managing to pierce through the thick canopy.

Players may Refresh any spent AP before continuing on

Spoiler: Pokespotting TN - 6
    Show
    It's not long into the journey when you see a couple of large butterfly like pokemon. One has large blue eyes and black antennae with black wings marked yellow down the middle. The other is gray with large pixelated eyes, its wings are mostly dark olive green and brown at the bottom. You hear a loud cry the sounds distance but still can be clearly heard. The two butterfly pokemon freeze startled by the sound and hesitant to move.

Spoiler: TN - 10
    Show
    Some time passes and a cream coloured bird pokemon with a plumage of red and yellow lands on a nearby branch above you. It tilts its head side to side interested in the people walking below it. On another tree hand a couple of acorns with beige masks that swing a little in the breeze.

Spoiler: TN - 15
    Show
    As the sun nears dusk you find a collection of small red and white mushrooms that kind of resemble a pokeball off to the side with a large one in the center of them. Slithering in the distance you bare are able to see a black serpent with long red fangs and a blade like tail.

As the group is heading back and the sun is setting you see a flash of blue light and an arc of electricity trail off. Following the tail of light it leads to a small blue and red bird with a long black tail that splits off into a V atop a light post. The robin like pokemon chirps a couple times before it crackles with small arcs of electricity and jumps to another light post.

Forest Crew -

Selina takes the Paralyze heal and shrugs "Sticking near the road is probably for the best." Selina answers. Stopping for a lunch break nothing eventful occurs and the group continues onward. The forest trail doesn't seem to deviate at all but and the group passes a few people on wagons or small carts heading the direction to Oldale. Some wave others just ignore and continue on their journey. Selina stares at each of the traders as they pass with a deeper and deeper scowl forming on her face as each on passes. Selina whipser to Kim as a few of them approach. "Is that the one you saw? Does that guy look familiar?" However as the sun starts to set a small camp can be seen already set up next to the road. A tall woman dressed in greens and browns with many small pouches around her waist sits by the newly made fire preparing a meal.

Mountain Crew -

With successful captures and a good distance traveled the group stops for a quick lunch break. Not too long after resting a loud cry rings out through the forest. The noise is followed by branches snapping and brush being trampled. The sound of many foot falls sound louder and louder as the ground shakes a little with whatever it is getting closer. Another shrill cry rings sending nearby birds scattering to the wind. A black feline pokemon with 2 red stripes on each of its legs bursts out of the nearby brush and immediately turns facing what can now be seen as a large centipede pokemon charging through the forest, breaking everything in its path. The feline hisses and bursts into flames that coat its entire body, the small pokemon now radiating heat that it seems unaffected by itself. The cat leaps out of the charging centipede's path, the large pokemon stops and turns now looking at Ace and Joanna giving one more shrill cry.

Spoiler: Battle begins!
    Show

Battle begins!

Sunny Weather is Active!

Scolipede uses Screech!
    Ace, Joanna, Maverick, Talon, and Litten take 7 Damage and lose 2 CS in Defense!

Litten activates Flame Coat!
    Litten uses Scratch on Scolipede!
    Scolipede takes 27 Fire Damage!

Ace and Maverick have Initiative!

Initiative -
    Scolipede - 26
    Litten - 11
    Ace & Maverick - 10
    Joanna & Talon - 5
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-08-12 at 03:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Oh," Joanna says as she sees the giant centipede crashing through the trees. "That's bad. That's really bad!" She glares at the small cat as she releases both Shrike and Rook to help them survive the encounter.

"Careful everyone. That thing can probably take any of us out in one hit. Shrike, try to keep in between us and it, you'll be able to protect us the best. Everyone else hit it with everything you've got!"

Show

Talon gains 2 xP- Levels up to 8!
    Maverick gains 6 xP- Levels up to 4!

Joanna will recall Talon and re-release him to reset his Attack CS

She will use Med Edu on the Cincinno to heal it of injuries.

Scolipede Battle
    Maverick is under GM control.

On Joanna's turn she uses her Move and Standard Action to release Rook (Initiative 14) and Shrike (Initiative 8).

Joanna will choose to control only Shrike and have her Intercept any of the Scolipede's attacks.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-08-14 at 11:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace's eyes glint with tiny flames when the small flaming kitten bursts from the treeline, that spark of desire changing to a flame of passion as the massive equine-bug follows it. He smiles and cracks his knuckles. "Joanna, you got a funny way of saying 'worthy challenge."

He takes a few steps toward the bug, releasing both of his fire types. "Alright boys, we got ourselves a biggun' to barbecue, let's step to it!"

Show

Book keeping:
    Ace caught a Venipede
    Ace caught 2 ledyba
    Ace took an Injury
    Ace Drained 2 Field AP to heal 1 injury and gain 50% of his HP
    Brand gained 5 Experience Points
    Vigil gained 11 Experience Points, Vigil leveled up

Ace sent Skiddo and Boll to the PC and kept Jazz the Venipede and Ranger the Ledian (the level 10 one)

Ace took damage and lost CS from screech

Ace used his standard and move actions to release Brand and Endeavor. Endeavor is ordered to use Ember on the Scolipede

Dice Rolls:
    Ember to hit: 11
    Endeavor activates Blaze and Brightest Flame for... lots of Bonus Damage.
    Ember Damage: 23 Fire Damage and 28 Bonus Damage

I anticipate being able to get a 'real' post up tonight after work.
    Last edited by big teej; 2019-08-14 at 06:04 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Danger Near The Mountains -

Maverick and Brand rush the bug head on biting and scratching on the Scolipede, though their teeth and claws do not seem to be able to pierce its shell. Rook once released takes to the air circles the centipede before diving straight for the monsters eyes. It scores a hit but the big seems unfazed by the attack. The Scolipede shrieks out in pain at Endeavors flames giving Talon enough time to jet in for a series of devastating blows that puncture the bugs carapace deeply. Green blood flows from the wounds as the Scolipede falls over from its injuries. The Litten still burning turns to the large group back arched giving a deep growl.

Show
    Maverick uses Bit on Scolipede!
    It misses!
    Brand uses Scratch on Scolipede!
    It Misses!

Rook uses Astonish on Scolipede!
    Scolipede takes 0 Damage!

Scolipede gains 1 Injury from Endeavors Attack

Talon uses Fury Attack on Scolipede!
    It hits 4 times and crits once!
    Talons deals 36,32,54, and 47 normal damage to Scolipede!
    Scolipede is fainted!

Rook has initiative!

23. - Top - End - #203

Kimiko would scan over each Trader as Selina interrogated her silently about them. She also made sure to note what was driving each cart, specifically looking for one that had a small empty harness that would have held the Mudbray. She shook her head, turning to Selina, "I can't say for sure, but when I do see him, I'll let you know."

Perception for identifying Trader: 13

Upon happening on the camp with the pocketed woman preparing her dinner, Kim looked at Selina, Jeremy, and Edward. She motioned over towards the woman, "Seems someone is camping out here already. Perhaps we could ask if we can join her? Safety in numbers and all, and she seems alone. Plus we wouldn't have to try and find a site of our own, preserving nature." She didn't wait for an answer though, going ahead and trying her luck, "Excuse me, Miss? My friends and I have been traveling this road for most of the day, we were wondering if we could share your campsite with you? If not, that's ok, we will find our own space. But it might be nice to have your company?" she inquired politely.

Charm the Camper!: 18
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2019-08-13 at 10:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

NinjaGuy

Leaving the Pokemon center the group passes by a few choices for food. Mudbraised BBQ, Gulpin Good Deli, and Traveler's Shack are the ones that stick out, along with the few street carts selling food near the main square. After meals are done and deciding to head North for some pokemon hunting. Julius, Bryce and Amber's Pokedex vibrate and chime a little after eating. A message appears on the screen "Your Pokemon have been fully healed and are ready to be picked up at the Pokemon Center." Bryce and Amber will make there way back to the Pokemon Center acquiring their pokemon before Bryce joins back with the group. Heading up north the group makes their way into the dense forests that surround Oldale. The suns rays still managing to pierce through the thick canopy.
    "That hit the spot!" Madelyn exclaims after devouring any food she ordered from a nearby street cart. Reinvigorated from her meal and motivated by Cordelia, Maddy sets off with the group in search of new traveling companions.

Spoiler: Perception and OOC Mechanics
    Show
    Madelyn refreshes her Field AP after Lunch!

Perception: 20

It's not long into the journey when you see a couple of large butterfly like pokemon. One has large blue eyes and black antennae with black wings marked yellow down the middle. The other is gray with large pixelated eyes, its wings are mostly dark olive green and brown at the bottom. You hear a loud cry the sounds distance but still can be clearly heard. The two butterfly pokemon freeze startled by the sound and hesitant to move.
    "Take a look at the color patterns on those butterflies!", Madelyn remarks excitedly. She attempts to close the distance and scan the pokemon with her pokedex. "I think I'm going to try and catch that Beautifly if that's okay with you guys?" she whispers to the others.

If the two insects are still unware Madelyn will send out her Eevee and instruct it to pin down the Beautifly!

Spoiler: Madelyn's Capture Attempt
    Show
    Eevee activates Sprint to make Tackle a Priority (Limited) Move!
    Eevee used Tackle!
    Attack: 8 (5 after AC vs Physical or Speed Evasion)
    Damage: 20 Normal Physical vs Defense + 7 Bonus Damage

Pokeball Throw: 9 (5 after AC vs Speed Evasion)
    Pokeball Capture: 75 (73 after subtracting 2x Trainer Level)

Some time passes and a cream coloured bird pokemon with a plumage of red and yellow lands on a nearby branch above you. It tilts its head side to side interested in the people walking below it. On another tree hand a couple of acorns with beige masks that swing a little in the breeze.
    "It seems we're not the only ones keeping an eye out for anything interesting.", the girl smiles at the sight of the Pidgeotto.

As the sun nears dusk you find a collection of small red and white mushrooms that kind of resemble a pokeball off to the side with a large one in the center of them. Slithering in the distance you bare are able to see a black serpent with long red fangs and a blade like tail.
    The collection of mushrooms are readily apparent to the artist's trained eye however sudden movement in the distance has her quickly shifting her attention elsewhere. "Hey guys... are you seeing what I'm seeing? Look at the fangs and tail on that Pokemon!". She points out the serpent to anyone in the party interested.

As the group is heading back and the sun is setting you see a flash of blue light and an arc of electricity trail off. Following the tail of light it leads to a small blue and red bird with a long black tail that splits off into a V atop a light post. The robin like pokemon chirps a couple times before it crackles with small arcs of electricity and jumps to another light post.
    Madelyn's eyes light up at the display of energy from the tiny bird, immediately recalling the arcs of electricity emitted by River and her partner. I definitely want to try adding a pokemon like that to our team! Hmm... but how would I even go about getting it down?" "Hey, I really like the look of this pokemon. I'm going for it but uh... do you guys mind watching my back just in case things don't work out the way I imagined?", she says smiling nervously.

Madelyn releases her Lillipup and approaches slowly as to not startle the tiny bird. "Hey there little guy... or girl?", she chuckles and shakes her head before continuing, "You're full of energy today aren't ya? Your feathers are absolutely beautiful and I'd love to get a closer look at you if you don't mind, so would you mind coming down for me?". She extends her arm into the air and invites the bird to perch on her hand.

Spoiler: Charm
    Show
    14 (Spent 1 AP to Boost)
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2019-08-16 at 12:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Eventually.... it'll be my turn again.

Ace tilts his head to the side, confused as the massive bug crumples beneath the combined assault of their team. "Well, I... uhm... Yeah, I guess that just happened." He looks over his shoulder at Joanna "I guess we really didn't have anything to worry about huh?"

He'll then turn his attention to the tinycat place his hands on his hips, flanked by Endeavor and Brand.

"Look, we're just like you." He says, coating his fist with flame. "you can be just like us. Strong, Predator instead of Prey. I can teach you how." Ace grins without malice. "Or we could do this the hard way, I can totally understand that."

Show

Ace attempts to... Command? the litten to join him.
    Boosted with AP and adding in his Elemental Connection nets a total of 17
    If you would count this attempt as a Charm instead, that takes the 4th die off for a total of 15 instead.

Ace will recall Brand if it seems that the tinycat wants to do it the hard way.

also; does the litten appear wounded? or more like it had succeeded in evading the scolipede's attacks as it was chased through the woods?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Oh," Joanna repeats, after seeing the giant bug faint. She grins at Ace. "I guess so!"

She recalls most of her Pokemon, leaving Shrike out in case the Scolipede had a buddy nearby. She'll wait for Ace to finish up with the fire-cat while she give her Skarmory some scratches between her blade-like feathers.

Show
    Joanna will control Rook and have him recall himself, then use her Move and Standard Action to recall Talon and Maverick.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Litten Lockdown -

The Litten prowls back and forth watching all the pokemon be returned, it stops only for a moment when Ace speaks to it. The cats eyes bounce between Ace and Joanna giving a low growl. In a flash the Litten leaps at Ace and Endeavor, the cat lands near Endeavor scraping its claws along the pokemon.

Show
    Initiative Resets!

Litten uses Scratch on Endeavor!
    Endeavor takes 21 Normal Damage vs Defense!

Ace has initiative!

The Litten does not look wounded at all. You can guess that it mostly ran and dodged around the forest to keep distance.

Initiative -
    Litten - 11
    Ace - 10
    Endeavor - 5

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ace smiles at the Litten's attack, backpedaling to get some space between himself and his pokemon. "The hard way it is, I can respect that... it's my favorite."

He pulls a pokeball from his belt and steps forward into a throw, watching the ball drop to the ground. "Endeavor, play nice with our new friend if they break free."

Endeavor snorts contendedly and stares at the pokeball, twitching slightly with each wobble of the ball. Ace plants his hands on his hips and grins at Joanna. "Best. Job. Ever."

Show

Ace threw a pokeball! to hit: 7
    Capture roll: NEGATIVE ONE1111!!!! NERDS

if for some ungodly reason that Endeavor still needs to hit this thing after it somehow breaks out of a defective pokeball that will DEFINITELY result in Ace tracking down the sales rep and Quality Assurance drone and having a VERY serious talk with them.

Typeless struggle
    to hit: 17 actually 18, I forgot Endeavor had 20 attack
    Damage: 29 Typeless Damage and 5 Bonus Damage

29. - Top - End - #209

AssassinGuy

He nods in agreement with Selina. “Yeah probably for the best.”

Ed stays pretty quiet and in the back of the group for the remainder of the trip for the day. Of course when he sees the traders, he scowls, thinking the worst of that one from this morning.

Later he sighs and shakes his head with a smile at Kim’s gung ho attitude of meeting new people.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Mountain Adventures -

The ball catches the Litten right on the head energizing the fire cat.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Is it gonna snap?
    Show
    Spoiler: I mean you did get a -1
    Show
    Spoiler: But then again it is shiny....
    Show
    Show
    You caught a Litten!

Level - 10
    Gender - Male
    Loyalty - 3
    Nature - +SpA / -Atk
    Trait - Spd
    Ability - Intimidate and Flame Coat
    Moves - Scratch, Growl, Ember, Lick

Special Ability Flame Coat -
    AP Cycle x2
    This character sets its body alight causing the area around it to heat up. While active after a character hits this character with a melee attack, the user takes 8 points of fire damage. During sunny weather this does 12 points of fire damage and during rainy, sandstorm, or hail it does 4 points of fire damage. While active all melee attacks made by the character can be treated as fire or their original type. While active this character produces a bright light in a Burst 2 area. While active this character cannot be frozen and treat all water type attacks as resisted 1 step further. This effect lasts for either 1 scene, until the character leaves the field, or the character is fainted.

After that encounter the day continues on without much incident, the forest seems to quiet down after the Scolipede's rampage. The sun is beginning to set and you have made it far into the forest towards the mountains. You can continue on till nightfall or settle down and camp where you are with an optional survival roll.

Trail Side Camper -

The woman looks up from her preparations and smiles "No not at all." She says. Her gaze shifts behind Kim looking at the rest of the group that follows "You are all welcome to sit around the fire, and camp here for the night." The woman stands up setting down her cooking utensils and extends a hand to Kim "My name is Iaira, what is your name?" Iaira goes around introducing herself to everyone in the group. Selina shakes the woman's hand "Selina, just Selina, thank you for sharing the space." Iaira goes back to preparing food, and behind her a light brown duck looking pokemon waddles out of the forest with its 'hands' full of berries, roots, and herbs. It quacks getting Iaira's attention who turns around taking the ingredients "Thank you Leek, these people will be staying with us for tonight so be nice to them ok?" The Duck gives a short quack in response grabbing a tall leek, resting it on its shoulder eyeing the group. "He is hesitant around people but really a great friend when he feels safe. It took me many weeks before I was even able to get near him and luckily he doesn't hit hit people who get too close to him anymore."

Forest Foraging -

Cordelia's eyes are locked on the green and brown insect. "I don't mind Maddie, but I would like to try and catch the other butterfly, the green and brown one." Cordelia turns to Julius and Bryce "I mean unless you guys want it instead." Her cheeks flushing a bit "I don't want to get in the way of your guys' circuit but... its just so beautiful."

The Beautifly too busy looking off into the woods doesn't notice the Eevee tackling it. The pokeball scores the bug energizing it.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    The Beautifly is released and it beats its wings sending a torrent of air at the Eevee. The bug gives a cry of surprise and pain as it focuses on what is attacking it.

Show
    Madelyen's and Eevee's turns activate!

Initiative Resets!

Beautifly uses Gust on Eevee!
    Eevee takes 24 Flying Damage vs Special Defense!

Madelyne has Initiative!

Initiative -
    Beautifly - 13
    Madelyne - 10
    Eevee - 5

The blue robin turns and tilts its head to the side quizzically. The air around the bird warps as heat is generated and small sparks begin to form. In another burst of energy and a flash of blue light the robin jumps and lands on Madelyne's hand. Madelyne's hair stands up a little with the Fletchling touching her, the bird chirps a small tune when it lands. The Fletchling looks down at the Lillipup by Madelyne and chirps a couple notes. It seems more curious than aggressive.