New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Finally took the leap and started a channel

Hello all,

Apologies if this is not the right place for this, we looked for a while for the most appropriate subforum.

After four years of loving D&D and watching so many channels and games online my girlfriend finally convinced me we should start our own channel. It's called Dork Forge and is focused on 5e character builds, DM tips, News and some homebrew with live play coming in the future. We would greatly appreciate if any of you that are interested in the hobby would check it out when you have the time, we aim to put out content regularly and build a community.

Please feel free to make any suggestions on how we can improve or any videos/builds you would like to see.

Thank you for your time :)
    For D&D 5e Builds, Tips, News and more see our Youtube Channel Dork Forge

Feel free to message for any build requests or challenges

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Finally took the leap and started a channel

We do have a 5e subforum, so you might consider asking the moderators to move this post there. That would probably get you the most views of anywhere on this site.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a reddit for called r/dndtubers I reccomend joining it. It's a good place where you can cross promote with others
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Would you be willing to do fan suggestions? Like how can I make a build that would allow me to do blank?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum Man View Post
    Would you be willing to do fan suggestions? Like how can I make a build that would allow me to do blank?
    Yes! I'd love to help people with any build requests they might have. The reply can either be in the form of a forum post or a video (crediting whomever made the request unless they'd rather us not) , whichever you'd rather. We posted a twitter poll last night for the next video and Gunslinger won out, we love getting feedback from the community and involve others as much as possible :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    There's a reddit for called r/dndtubers I reccomend joining it. It's a good place where you can cross promote with others
    Thank you for the recommendation! We'll definitely get on that, everything helps our channel and community grow :)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    We do have a 5e subforum, so you might consider asking the moderators to move this post there. That would probably get you the most views of anywhere on this site.
    Thank you! We will take a look at getting put over there :)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    Yes! I'd love to help people with any build requests they might have. The reply can either be in the form of a forum post or a video (crediting whomever made the request unless they'd rather us not) , whichever you'd rather. We posted a twitter poll last night for the next video and Gunslinger won out, we love getting feedback from the community and involve others as much as possible :)
    I wanna request a build for the Iron Man villain Whiplash because I think it'd be cool to be able to wield two whips with special properties.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum Man View Post
    I wanna request a build for the Iron Man villain Whiplash because I think it'd be cool to be able to wield two whips with special properties.
    Oh that's a cool premise, do you have any restrictions on what materials are used? And what level would you like it online by? I have some ideas on how to achieve this already!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    Oh that's a cool premise, do you have any restrictions on what materials are used? And what level would you like it online by? I have some ideas on how to achieve this already!
    Any book or source really so long as it's not homebrew. I'm not all that familiar with 5e, but I did try to make Whiplash in 3.5. I think somewhere around level 10 or 12. That's an appropriate level right?