The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Against the Aeon Throne: Starfinder Adventure Path

It was supposed to be a milk run, 4k credits, a short trip out to the Vast, deliver the supplies to the colonists, enjoy their gratitude and hospitality and leave before their swarthy sons and buxom daughters of Nakondis convinced you to put down roots. Hell, your old friend, and sometimes benefactor Cedona was even in system and you had a lot to catch up since they'd helped you get your own piece of sky those many years ago! Sadly, that's not how it went down ... join me and we'll see how the story really played out!

Welcome! We've got four players;

• Dragon Host as Vault Hesperus, the Human Envoy, Captain of the [Ship Name]
    • Redfeline as Desdemonathule, the Ysoki Operator, Pilot of the [Ship Name]
    • BramsesII as Rainca Nari, the [I]Korashi Lashunta Solarion[i], Engineer of the [Ship Name]
    • Daedalus as Katara Cratermaker, the Vesk Soldier, Gunner of the [Ship Name]
    • Josienoms as Jehir Nerudan Irithiel of Clan Nir, the Kasathan Technomancer, Scientist of [Ship Name]
    • Lasombranti as [Undetermined], the Human Mystic, [Role] of [Ship Name]

We'll be running this game use Core Rules & Armory exclusively. There will not be Legacy races, or classes involved at all.

Each player will make ONE post following this introductory post, and one post only. That will be reserved for your Character sheet to be posted. Following I will make a post for your Ship, which we will detail once all characters are made. For any questions during creation we will be using the recruitment thread, here.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-24 at 05:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Against the Iron Throne: Starfinder Adventure Path

WiP sheet. Sorry I didn't read before my original post.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-08-29 at 10:10 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Presenting Vault Hesperus, Human Envoy!

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1997215

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1997270

Presenting thirty-three android icon mechanic

5. - Top - End - #5

Thanks for waiting, posting to reserve a spot for a Vesk Soldier.

6. - Top - End - #6

Thoroughly industrial in aesthetics, the Venture is a ship designed to keep it's crew alive in unfriendly systems - everything else is secondary. Inside, however, the Venture is surprisingly comfortable, making it excellent for exploration, permanenet residency, and long-haul shipping.

[Ship Name; TBD] TIER 1
    Medium Explorer
    Speed: 6 | Manueverability: Good [Turn 1] | Drift: 1
    AC: 14 | TL: 12
    HP: 55 | TL: - | CT: 11
    Shields: Basic 20 [Forward 5; Port 5; Starboard 5; Aft 5]
    Attack [Forward]: Light Laser Cannon [2d4]
    Attack [Turret]: HE Missle Launcher [4d8]
    Power Core: Pulse Grey [100 PCU]; Drift Engine Signal Basic
    Systems: Basic Computer; Budget Mid-range Sensors; Crew Quarters [Common]; Mk III Armor; Mk I Defenses
    Expansion Bays: Cargo Holds[3]; Physical Science Labs
    Modifiers: +2 Piloting; Complement: 6
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-01 at 05:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Please feel free to discuss among yourselves, backgrounds, connections, your various ship roles and, of course, the name of your ship!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

So I was thinking for connections you guys could have helped me out on jobs before. I free people and I am not against stealing form people who have slaves

9. - Top - End - #9

DwarfFighterGuy

My character would absolutely abhor slavery, and would seek to actively make a profit from those who engaged in it by stealing them blind. He's a pirate, so maybe we hit a transport and found something sellable *and* slave labor, and we freed them?

PS I absolutely love the ship!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Sounds good Dragon I would steal form anyone who keeps slaves so maybe we did that on a crew for awhile. I am known to be a freer of slave and people forced to work

11. - Top - End - #11

Glad you like the ship! So to be clear, let's start nailing down a few specifics, and I am just throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks, and what works for you guys.

Vault is an Outlaw, maybe he cut a deal with some less than savory types in the Diaspora, and to repay a debt owed to them, they asked him to take some cargo from a competitor. His back against a wall, he agreed, only to discover that said cargo was a bunch of miner's being forced to work the belt, he partnered with Thirty Three, someone who was tracking the slavers, and together you saved them.

Thirty Three got recognition for the whole situation, while Vault stuck to the shadows, because he didn't want his employers to know he was involved in them losing their precious cargo.

Now, where does the Vesk & the Ysoki fit in? Maybe the Ysoki was *one* of the slaves, or perhaps her family was, and she was tracking them down with Thirty Three when they met the Outlaw Vault and teamed up?

Thoughts? I just wanna get your guys creative juices flowing so we can get started! :)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

I like the idea of meeting up and tracking down his family

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post

Now, where does the Vesk & the Ysoki fit in? Maybe the Ysoki was *one* of the slaves, or perhaps her family was, and she was tracking them down with Thirty Three when they met the Outlaw Vault and teamed up?
    The two ideas I have based on the others. One is being a slave and that matches well with switching my operative spec to detective, granting sense motive. You learn to read people to avoid beatings.

The other impulse, and honestly my first one, is to be a slaver. Perhaps a slave that partakes in the slave trade. Some one who fought tooth and nail to defend the slaves from freedom and then when her owner died just stopped. Responded to questions on surrender and said she was told by her owner to do slave trading. This act kept her from a life of beatings, poverty, etc. She was treated bad, but she was treated better than the other slaves. Now that the ship was stopped she has nothing left but guilt. Is this idea worth fleshing out more?

As for the ships name, I get the feeling the crew tries to wander into town, help a few people out and then leave. So I suggest the name "Battōsai" as a tribute to one of my favorite anime Rurouni Kenshin.

14. - Top - End - #14

I like the idea of a Stockholm Slaver ... it leads to some interesting character hooks, and something of a redemption arc.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

That does sound pretty awesome we haven’t heard yet form our solider

16. - Top - End - #16

Just popping in, looking for a roll call, see who's still with us, and if we're good to finish connections, name the ship and head out into the Vast!

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfFighterGuy

I'm still here! Reporting for duty

18. - Top - End - #18

Glad to see you are around Dragon ... anyone else? Thoughts on throwing this back to recruitment?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

I am still here but I need to sit down with a book and buy basic gear still. Sorry it is taking so long.

20. - Top - End - #20

So Dragon & Redfeline, what are your thoughts, assuming we've lost two folks, let it drop, re-open for recruitment, let me know and we can figure out if we want to continue trying.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I still want to play some starfinder so rerecruit. Dragon your thoughts?

22. - Top - End - #22

DwarfFighterGuy

Works for me! Sorry, I've been having some computer problems so I'm kind of on a "once or twice a week" schedule.

23. - Top - End - #23

Opened recruitment back up, same thread, you guys may want to head over there to introduce yourself if we get any bites. Obviously your spots are reserved for you, however, Redfeline if we could get sheet & equipment finished, and please be willing to work with the new recruits to come up with a reason you are together as a crew.

Thanks and I hope we can get this ship out of the dry dock she's been in for the last few weeks!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't be much of a problem.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hello everyone. I shall put my sheet here for reference if you don't mind. I am one of the new players (I hope, at least. I did get the ok to go ahead and post my character here)

Raínca Nari is a lashunta solarian who dabbles in engineering. Though if someone really really wants the engineer role I could easily change that to a computers expert.

A very short backstory (I unfortunately didn't have enough time to write something substantial tonight): Sister Bright was educated in the temple of Sarenrae. At first, she studied various sciences, but she quickly found out that fighting was more for her. Combining her strength with her love for astronomy she decided to become a solarian. Eventually, after finishing her education the temple sent her out to investigate something in the diaspora, but her expedition was attacked by slavers and everyone on her crew was killed or made a slave. She happened to be the only one of her crew on the slave ship that Vault liberated as she was being transported to one of the slave markets to be sold: probably to fight in some illegal fighting competition.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-09-19 at 05:05 PM.
    Characters in play:

26. - Top - End - #26

Welcome Bramses! Solarion is looking good, I'm waiting for our Soldier and Mystic to show up, I'm going to ask for a brief character background and connection to other players, and hopefully we'll be good to go by end of week!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of the Soldier, here I am reporting in.

Katara Cratermaker, Vesk mercenary and explosives expert.

To copy a bit from the recruitment thread...

In terms of backstory, I think she's fairly simple. Born on Vesk Prime, went to the Pact Worlds as a mercenary not long after reaching adulthood both because she chafed under the rules and restrictions of Vesk society and as a way to earn honour and wealth. She could either have hired on to the ship as a gunner and bodyguard for Captain Hesperus, or joined the crew in some sort of incident. Her desires are pretty simple, so someone who gives her regular access to enemies to fight, things to blow up and money to buy food and weaponry would be able to earn her loyalty without any need for grand gestures. If our Solarion was also rescued as part of the slave raid, I think it makes more sense for my character to have been part of the crew before that, to give a little bit more muscle to dealing with the slavers, but I'm open to input on that one.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Okay, here's my Mystic: Jehir Nerudan Irithiel of Clan Nir, or just Jehir, for short.

More backstory is forthcoming, but basically she's a priestess of Desna, who disagrees with much of her people's cultural attitudes towards veneration of ancestors. The key to the future can't possibly be in the past. It's out there, beyond the Idari, among the stars. So she left her ancestral home to travel the Vast, discovering things about her goddess, and the mysteries of the spaces between the stars. I see her as something of an astronomer and navigator? I can switch some skills around to fill any role necessary for the ship, too.
    Red Sun: a D&D 5e setting based on DC comics!

Red Sun Redux: a revised and revamped version that includes the new content released since the first version of the setting.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by josienoms View Post
    I see her as something of an astronomer and navigator? I can switch some skills around to fill any role necessary for the ship, too.
    This would suggest she'd make a good science officer. You'd really need ranks in computers for that, though (which doesn't really mesh well with the mystic). In fact, we could use someone who can fill that role. Also, I'm going to switch some skills around to remove some skill overlap.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-09-19 at 04:43 PM.
    Characters in play:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    This would suggest she'd make a good science officer. You'd really need ranks in computers for that, though (which doesn't really mesh well with the mystic). In fact, we could use someone who can fill that role. Also, I'm going to switch some skills around to remove some skill overlap.
    It might be better if I tweak her abilities and skills, and rework her as a Technomancer. I could still keep the spellcasting that I wanted, while also being better suited to be the science officer.
    Red Sun: a D&D 5e setting based on DC comics!

Red Sun Redux: a revised and revamped version that includes the new content released since the first version of the setting.