The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: How Do You Pronounce 'Croix' Anyway?

Did you actually buy all these magic items? Cause magic gear is usually crazy expensive.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I've bought magic gear. It can be very expensive! Nah, Love didn't buy any of that gear. She made it.

3. - Top - End - #213

Ah, she's an enchanter now.

Hmm, I have questions. okay so destroying a bag of holding destroys its contents, but what happens if the magic is suppressed? Or the item enters a null or anti-magic zone? Is the space closed until the magic returns or would that also destroy stuff inside?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the Captain may have some broken ribs? The blow looked nasty, but Love is no doctor and wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Ah, she's an enchanter now.

Hmm, I have questions.
    Yep! I've been mentioning it for over a year, and she has progressed that way!

Didn't you watch Love's hologram! She was making a magical sword/learning how to enchant! (I'm joking. I didn't describe the sword as magic.) Her support role has always making stuff for the team! (There aren't always computers to hack!)

Let's see if I can answer these questions!

okay so destroying a bag of holding destroys its contents, but what happens if the magic is suppressed? Or the item enters a null or anti-magic zone? Is the space closed until the magic returns or would that also destroy stuff inside?
    There are spells that affect spells but not magic items (dispel for example).
    Spells that reduce the mana level to low would weaken the items.
    Spells that reduce the mana level to none/no mana would disable the item.

I'm assuming the space is closed / the "door" closed, but nothing is destroyed. The item isn't destroyed by going into a no mana zone; it's just turned off. (That's probably one very good reason why the spell says the item can make a new/hidden compartment in the bottom item. That way the item has it's normal capacity and extra.)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic p. 8
    No Mana: No one can use magic at all. Enchantments and permanent magic effects are suspended and do not function while within a no-mana zone, but resume when taken to an area with mana. Temporary and lasting spells (p. 10) are dispelled when they enter a no-mana zone. This mana level occurs in isolated spots in magical worlds. Some entire game worlds can lack mana, making magic use impossible.

5. - Top - End - #215

I think LS knocked the captain down too fast for anyone to notice injuries.

Cool that Love has enchanting skills now. Cause yeah, other than some really low-level stuff, buying magic items is a rip-off. And since loot isn't really an aspect of this campaign, making our own gear is really the only option we have to go to without just buying more wealth levels (even then, still a rip-off to buy most magic items).

Well, seems like the bag is interesting camping gear. Or maybe general storage? I'm good for now though. I'm not seeing anything on the list that is jumping in front of me as really wanted.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

The answer to Rose's question is that Seaworthy was unconscious BEFORE the spell and bracelets hit him, so he will still be unconscious after they are removed.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

I think LS knocked the captain down too fast for anyone to notice injuries.

Cool that Love has enchanting skills now. Cause yeah, other than some really low-level stuff, buying magic items is a rip-off. And since loot isn't really an aspect of this campaign, making our own gear is really the only option we have to go to without just buying more wealth levels (even then, still a rip-off to buy most magic items).

Well, seems like the bag is interesting camping gear. Or maybe general storage? I'm good for now though. I'm not seeing anything on the list that is jumping in front of me as really wanted.
    Love: "They call me eagle-eyed Love!"

I think it's pretty neat! Yeah, magic items are really expensive except for the mass produced items (and those still aren't cheap). Yep, no looting in the Equestrian Military. We don't loot things to keep, really. We always do have the option to requisition items. Red Tape is there for that! It really helped in capturing Blue Mountain.

It's good for storage! Love's bag is almost full. Love has a 25lb tool kit she can carry around instead of leaving it on the bird. Oh, and a 40lb ESU. Let me know if you change your mind about wanting any of the magic items. Love is carrying Rose's magic items! Plus other gear like maybe a power armor.

Hmm. So he's not conscious yet.
    Love rolled 26 & 23 Stun against Seaworthy. Rose healed 8. If he has DR 1 (pony) and nothing else, that's 39 (26+23-8-1-1) Stun left. The easiest way to remove Stun is to wake the person up. Stun naturally heals while a person is awake (1/minute), but since Seaworthy has so much Stun they can't do much except be awake until they catch their breath. It'll take him about half an hour to recover from the Stun. Assuming, there isn't any story/armor stuff going on!

And, he did take damage from the steam.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-25 at 02:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Alright, Rose's party trick can wait a little bit longer until Seaworthy heals the stun damage. Thirty minutes will be time enough to treat the worst burns in the meantime.

Pfft, as if Rose could use power armor. That's like... 24 exp points she'll never have available.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, Rose's party trick can wait a little bit longer until Seaworthy heals the stun damage. Thirty minutes will be time enough to treat the worst burns in the meantime.

Pfft, as if Rose could use power armor. That's like... 24 exp points she'll never have available.
    Stun only heals that fast if he is awake! It heals like real damage (normal rules) as long as he is knocked out. He'll be unconscious a very long time via Stun unless Rose uses Awaken, Revive Capsule, or etc on him when she wants him awake. (Again, assuming stuff.)

Oh, I know Rose doesn't have power armor training! Love designed this power armor with the team in mind. No power armor skilled required.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon
    The suitís muscles are normally programmed to match the userís normal strength and running or jumping ability, but the user can set it to amplify ST and mobility instead. If the user lacks Battlesuit skill, he may choose to deactivate the suitís strength-augmentation feature (removing the ST enhancement and Super Jump). If so, no DX penalties are applied for lack of skill. Even without strength augmentation, suit weight does not count toward encumbrance.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Stun only heals that fast if he is awake! It heals like real damage (normal rules) as long as he is knocked out. He'll be unconscious a very long time via Stun unless Rose uses Awaken, Revive Capsule, or etc on him when she wants him awake. (Again, assuming stuff.)
    Stun heals faster awake then asleep?

Seems backwards to me, but if that's the rules, then Rose will use an etc by way of slapping him around a few times to wake him up.

Oh, I know Rose doesn't have power armor training! Love designed this power armor with the team in mind. No power armor skilled required.
    Isn't that just regular armor then?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a gimmick-y mechanic, yes. But that is the way it seems to work. If you actually fall asleep, it keeps you asleep. If it didn't do that, then it is easy to shrug off.

12. - Top - End - #222

Okay so the action plan in order--

1. Slap.
    2. Smelling salts.
    3. Awaken spell.
    4. Defibrillator.

Let's see how many steps we get through.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Stun heals faster awake then asleep?

Seems backwards to me, but if that's the rules, then Rose will use an etc by way of slapping him around a few times to wake him up.

Isn't that just regular armor then?
    Yep.

Ever see those comics/show where someone gets rescued and a person smacks them awake? Batman was knocked out for hours, but he is good to go after being woken up by Robin. The injury wasn't as bad as it looked! It's the walking off type of injury (assuming someone rescues them).

I suppose it could be thought of that way. It's still powered armor without two of it's abilities. It still does everything else.

14. - Top - End - #224

Perhaps I'm just confusing it with non-lethal damage in D&D, which heals faster with rest. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Shadowrun Stun damage. ...which also heals faster with rest.

(you get the joke by now)

How does the power armor work? Cause if you turn off it's abilities, but it doesn't count as encumbrance, then... isn't that still using it's abilities, but in an odd low-power state to hold itself up?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps I'm just confusing it with non-lethal damage in D&D, which heals faster with rest. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Shadowrun Stun damage. ...which also heals faster with rest.

(you get the joke by now)

How does the power armor work? Cause if you turn off it's abilities, but it doesn't count as encumbrance, then... isn't that still using it's abilities, but in an odd low-power state to hold itself up?
    This is Gurps stun (non-lethal) damage! It's sorta like Fate where only the last hp is the lethal damage. Or, Mutant and Mastermind where a hero recovers the first half of their "hp" faster than the later injuries (they are winded/staggered/dazed before they are knocked out). Maybe, Star Wars Saga were a person has Vitality to represent endurance/luck before damage starts hitting their Wounds.

(I caught on!)

The fluff? It does have two modes. Basically, the suit moves with the person in such a way as to not impede their abilities. It fits like a glove! It feels so natural! The enhanced strength takes practice/training to use properly. Uncontrolled, raw power! Ever see Spiderman not how to use his super jump or super strength? Ever go to open the door and rip it off the frame? I might be slightly dramatic here, but basically a person is clumsy while using the super strength if they aren't properly trained. It's like walking on the moon (super strong vs earth's gravity).

16. - Top - End - #226

This is Gurps stun (non-lethal) damage! It's sorta like Fate where only the last hp is the lethal damage. Or, Mutant and Mastermind where a hero recovers the first half of their "hp" faster than the later injuries (they are winded/staggered/dazed before they are knocked out). Maybe, Star Wars Saga were a person has Vitality to represent endurance/luck before damage starts hitting their Wounds.
    Never played Fate or M&M. :<

I have read the Saga book though. Starfinder also uses a Vitality/Hit Point system which follows about the same rules.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

To ask the obvious question... How many pegasi would be needed to corral a storm of this size?

Answer: more than we presently have.

18. - Top - End - #228

The average pegasus has a flight speed of 10 hexes. Assuming an allowance of half-speed paired with using their Meteorological skills to manipulate weather and a hex height of 2 times hex length, one pegasus can affect approximately 175.38 cubic feet worth of weather per second. A typical thunderstorm size is 15 miles in diameter with an approximate height of 30,000 feet. This gives us a volume of 147.8 trillion cubic feet.

Giving a generous time of one minute to clear the thunderstorm, you will need about 14 billion pegasi for the job.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Well.

The answer was always 'not enough', but that is definitely a lot.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Never played Fate or M&M. :<

I have read the Saga book though. Starfinder also uses a Vitality/Hit Point system which follows about the same rules.
    I actually normally prefer hit points over vitality because I don't like losing characters to crits.

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    To ask the obvious question... How many pegasi would be needed to corral a storm of this size?

Answer: more than we presently have.
    I'd ask what weather factory decided to send us the bad weather, but we already know that answer. I was this close to calling up whoever put bad weather on today's calendar!

Rainbow Dash doesn't seem to do halve bad with only a half a dozen pegasus. Sometimes by herself! This looks like a real nasty storm though.

21. - Top - End - #231

I actually normally prefer hit points over vitality because I don't like losing characters to crits.
    The problem with games like Saga and Starfinder is their tech level; lasers, blasters, machineguns, lightsabers, and explosives are just straight up deadly at any level. And Starfinder has advice should someone with starship weapons fire them at the party. It's not too optimistic. :o
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

The problem with games like Saga and Starfinder is their tech level; lasers, blasters, machineguns, lightsabers, and explosives are just straight up deadly at any level. And Starfinder has advice should someone with starship weapons fire them at the party. It's not too optimistic. :o
    I haven't looked at Starfinder too much. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind high lethal games. I simply need to have those expectations when entering the game. A little vitality damage never hurts anyone (take a nap), but as soon as people start losing wounds things get serious. If there are no force users, healing can be slow.

Edit I don't like this storm stuff. The mainland seems to be the focus of the storm. And, we're not on the mainland to help!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-27 at 02:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

I haven't looked at Starfinder too much. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind high lethal games. I simply need to have those expectations when entering the game. A little vitality damage never hurts anyone (take a nap), but as soon as people start losing wounds things get serious. If there are no force users, healing can be slow.
    I'm usually not fond of high-lethality. I've played the classics (Paranoia, original D&D 1e and 2e modules, etc.) and my experience from then were that most of the deaths were from "gotcha" moments and I never found them to be fair to players. Even as I GMed over the years, I try to avoid that style of lethality. My games can still be lethal, but I try to make it the players choice to risk their life. So the legality is low, but meaningful. Party about to fight a beholder? I gave them lots of warning ahead of time with dead bodies and journal entries on what's up ahead. Still had two player deaths, but they were prepared and knew what they were getting into! That's what was important to me. They got to make the choice (plus they didn't die by the save or die spells. It was all the heat rays/fire damage).

They "got better" later on.

Edit I don't like this storm stuff. The mainland seems to be the focus of the storm. And, we're not on the mainland to help!
    Love: "Uh oh."
    Rose: "Don't tell me, unnatural chaos storm approaching?"
    Longshot: "Yep."
    Rose: "No engine and bilge pumps are out?"
    Longshot: "Most likely."
    Rose: "...Bring it on."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-06-27 at 05:57 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #234

Longshot listens to Rose's message and checks the immediate urge to tell her to go to Tartarus.
    Dang. No reaction is even worse than a bad one. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Digo, do you have an actual plan here?

26. - Top - End - #236

Digo, do you have an actual plan here?
    Nope. Frankly I was just expecting the storm to sink us.

Kinda disappointed it isn't cause that would of meant I didn't need a plan with Seaworthy. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Frankly I was just expecting the storm to sink us.

Kinda disappointed it isn't cause that would of meant I didn't need a plan with Seaworthy. XD
    Love wasn't going to let the storm sink us! So many beautiful mechanic checks. Love has experience raising dead ships.

28. - Top - End - #238

Love wasn't going to let the storm sink us! So many beautiful mechanic checks. Love has experience raising dead ships.
    The Rose of mechanical engineering eh?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

The Rose of mechanical engineering eh?
    Yep! Love repairs a lot of ships.

30. - Top - End - #240

Yep! Love repairs a lot of ships.
    I'm sure she does, but she'll never be able to fix RoseXChrysalis.
    Digo Dragon - Artist