Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default A Tea Party for the Post-Apocalypse - Interlude: Cloudbreak OOC #2

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Cloudbreak

A Game of Fallout: Equestria

STARRING
    Amish Pirate as - The Scrapscallion (The Driver)
    Balmas as - Starlight Glimmer (The Hardholder) (Now as The Corrupted)
    Elanorin as - Milliway (The Savvyhead) (Previously as The Faceless) (Now as the Hoarder)
    Thanqol as - Luminark (The Hoarder) (Now as The Hardholder)

OOC Thread 1
    IC Thread 1

Updated SBF Rules
    Link

Updated 2E playbooks
    http://apocalypse-world.com/
    The Contaminated
    The Symbiote

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A Tea Party for the Post-Apocalypse - Interlude: Cloudbreak OOC #2

Continued from here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Introducing

LUMINARK

The Hardholder

LOOK
    Stallion - Lux Scrounge Wear - Soft Face - Nervous Eyes - Stringy Body

OUTLOOK
    Nervous, neurotic, obsessive, stylish, proud

STATS
    Cool +2
    Hard +2
    Hot 1
    Sharp 0
    Weird +3

HX
    Milliway +2
    Starlight Glimmer +2
    Scrapscallion +1

HOLD: LUMINARK'S BUNKER
    Surplus: 4 Barter
    Want: Strangers, Reprisals, Idle, Hungry

Gang: 10-20 bastards, 1-harm 1-armour, unruly

Manufactory: The Bunker is still in the business of making science stuff.
    Market Commons: The Bunker is now open for business! Why travel into the world and risk life and limb against raiders when ponies can bring you exotic materials to fill out the library? It's like they're delivering to us!
    Lucrative Raiding: Why trade away perfectly good money when you can just acquire science stuff by force? Luminark has given free reign for any of the Bunker's academics to scavenge anything science related by any means necessary. This isn't really under his control, he's just given mad scientists free reign to set their inventions loose upon the unsuspecting outside world.
    Stone Compound: The Bunker is still a giant underground bunker.

Small gang: Luminark is a pony eminently capable of holding petty grudges, and he has brilliantly decided to combine his strategy of 'open up the Bunker to the outside world' with his other strategy of 'disband the military'. The upside is that he fired all the savages who will no doubt gracefully and smoothly re-integrate to civilian life.
    Crap armoury: In order to remove the temptation to use weapons without his authorization (and/or coup the new regime), the Friendship Patrol is currently equipped with only sticks and harsh language. Problems are expected to be solved with actual friendship rather than violence and brainwashing. In an actual crisis Luminark will issue terrifying WMDs upon demand.

THE NEW LAWS OF LUMINARK'S BUNKER
    - Don't bother me
    - Seriously, like, sort it out yourselves. You're all grown ups. You can handle it.

CRAP

Fluffy Clouds 15.1, Mega Death Warbot

MOVES

ADVANCED: All

Leadership: when you have to order your gang to advance, regroup, hold position, hold discipline, or put their damn backs into it, roll+hard. On a hit, they do it. On a 10+, they snap to; take +1forward. On a miss, they do it, but you’ll hear about it later.

Wealth: If your hold is secure and your rule unchallenged, at the beginning of the session, roll+hard. On a 10+, you have surplus at hand and available for the needs of the session. On a 7–9, you have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, or if your hold is compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want. Surplus: 4 Barter. Want: Strangers, Reprisals, Idle, Hungry.

The mother’s heartbeat: when you withdraw into the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1. You emerge again, about an hour later, and...
    • ...Meanwhile, you can still watch and hear what’s happening where you were.
    • ...You can re-emerge in a different place altogether.
    • ...You are healed of all harm.
    • ...You can bring someone in and out with you.
    On a miss, you are in the dark and warm, listening to the mother’s heartbeat, and many hours pass.

Mercurial: whenever you want, change any or all of your looks. Those who know you can still recognize you, but only if they look closely.

Sticky Hooves: when you give someone a gift, roll +Weird. On a 10+, it comes back to you within a week. On a 7-9, it comes back to you eventually, with strings attached. On a miss, you can never own it again.

SPECIAL
    If you and another character have sex, use acquisitive eye as though your partner were an object and you’d rolled a 10+, even if you don’t have the move.

XP

[_][_][_][_][_]

HARM

[_][_][_]-[_][_][_]

IMPROVEMENTS
    — get +1hard (max hard+3)
    — get +1weird (max weird+2)
    — get +1cool (max cool+2)
    — get +1hot (max hot+2)
    — get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
    — choose a new option for your holding
    — choose a new option for your holding
    — erase an option from your holding
    — get a move from another playbook
    — get a move from another playbook
    We must hurry if we wish to win the game before we realize the game is pointless.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Scraps has a prolific education in the arts of cons, flim-flams, and spectacular bamboozles. Which, thankfully, includes schemes built for two.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the delay, bit snowed under at the moment. Made a quick post to get this cry for help underway. Though if you need to slow Milliway down to conclude some Glimmer/Scraps stuff then by all means do.
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-06-10 at 07:25 AM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

"Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time."
    ~ Snow Patrol

"I think of you much more than I'm allowed to admit, but I do. I still do."
    ~ Bear's Den

Milliway | Samael Hale

6. - Top - End - #6

Elanorin, that was a fantastic post. I cannot wait to get this show on the road.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Elanorin, that was a fantastic post. I cannot wait to get this show on the road.
    Thank you, Amish. I must say I really felt that post and it felt amazing to write it. I'm actually really looking forward to what's ahead now. Huge moments for Milliway.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

~ Bear's Den

Milliway | Samael Hale

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I just want to say that it feels a real privilege when you guys put together awesome posts like that one.

I'm sorry for the slow responses, life is keeping me very busy of late. Wanted to have my post up two days ago, but just couldn't get it together - I find writing for established characters quite hard sometimes. Doesn't come naturally, and "researching" it by rewatching the show takes time I just don't have!

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I just want to say that it feels a real privilege when you guys put together awesome posts like that one.

I'm sorry for the slow responses, life is keeping me very busy of late. Wanted to have my post up two days ago, but just couldn't get it together - I find writing for established characters quite hard sometimes. Doesn't come naturally, and "researching" it by rewatching the show takes time I just don't have!
    Hey, it's cool, and you're doing a tough job very well. Let us know if you need any help or slack
    We must hurry if we wish to win the game before we realize the game is pointless.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks Thanq. Think it's more just a general understanding that I'm not gonna be that prompt in the near future

11. - Top - End - #11

This answer is suddenly relevant again, and I'm scared.

(Mind, I think with how things have progressed, Scraps' heart is off the table. We'll see how other things shake out. )

This post cements how happy I am that we didn't kill off Luminark in the last scene. Once again, any ideas I might've had about where this game could end up just got chucked out the window, and I can't wait to see what happens. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    And if she was too far gone to do that then he'd absorb whatever remained of her, take her identity, and do the damn work himself. He already had the shape - now he just needed the power and the wisdom.
    Could I pre-emptively ask that the most literal interpretation of this route be taken off the table? This sort of absorption of self/consumption of personality can get real squick-y for me. Doubly so when it involves an established pony character I like a lot. I can deal with something like Unity on a functional level, but things get bad if it gets any deeper than that. There was one Fallout Equestria RP I was a part of where a character got willingly Unity'd, and that still messes me up when I think about it. For a milder example, Sirocco going hivemind in the last Tea Party didn't send me into a spiral, but it was still uncomfortable.

(As an aside, I haven't struggled with Luminark's hivemind setup because all the ghosts still exist as distinct people, they're just taking turns on who's behind the wheel.)

Thanks Thanq. Think it's more just a general understanding that I'm not gonna be that prompt in the near future
    No worries. Life comes before horse games, and I hope you manage the business well.

12. - Top - End - #12

Could I pre-emptively ask that the most literal interpretation of this route be taken off the table? This sort of absorption of self/consumption of personality can get real squick-y for me. Doubly so when it involves an established pony character I like a lot. I can deal with something like Unity on a functional level, but things get bad if it gets any deeper than that. There was one Fallout Equestria RP I was a part of where a character got willingly Unity'd, and that still messes me up when I think about it. For a milder example, Sirocco going hivemind in the last Tea Party didn't send me into a spiral, but it was still uncomfortable.

(As an aside, I haven't struggled with Luminark's hivemind setup because all the ghosts still exist as distinct people, they're just taking turns on who's behind the wheel.)
    Understood, will do.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

No worries. Life comes before horse games, and I hope you manage the business well.
    Thanks!

As a note, I posed those last queries to Scraps and Milliway so you have the option of having the convo now or deferring it to after the mission (which will hopefully be 4 or so more posts tops).

14. - Top - End - #14

Thanks!

As a note, I posed those last queries to Scraps and Milliway so you have the option of having the convo now or deferring it to after the mission (which will hopefully be 4 or so more posts tops).
    Heck, sorry, that completely slipped my mind. I'm moving in about two weeks, and so that's been gobbling up my time and attention.

I'll get a post up shortly. I think I want to have this conversation now, before tackling the mission.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hiya! ... oh wow, the title of this game brings back memories

So I hear rumor this game may be winding to an end in a few months time maybe? If anyone's interested, I'm gonna claim its spot and start up an apocalyptic Mage game when it does. My life's recently gained a little less stress and a little more stability (which I hope will last FOREEEEVER), so it seemed a good time.

If you think running and screaming your way through the Arcane Apocalypse all the way into the Post-Apocalypse and Beyond would be super dope, what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
    Last edited by stveje; 2019-06-19 at 07:23 AM.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

16. - Top - End - #16

@Elanorin: Scraps hasn't signed off, he's still holding the radio while he's thought-speeching with Glimglam. Milliway should be able to still hear ambient noises on the other end of ponies moving around, light chatter, Scraps breathing, etc.

Just so she knows he hasn't hung up on her.

Quote Originally Posted by stveje View Post
    Hiya! ... oh wow, the title of this game brings back memories

So I hear rumor this game may be winding to an end in a few months time maybe? If anyone's interested, I'm gonna claim its spot and start up an apocalyptic Mage game when it does. My life's recently gained a little less stress and a little more stability (which I hope will last FOREEEEVER), so it seemed a good time.

If you think running and screaming your way through the Arcane Apocalypse all the way into the Post-Apocalypse and Beyond would be super dope, what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
    I'll have to give a pass on this one. Mage hits way too many notes that are deeply uncomfortable for me. Hope it goes well!

17. - Top - End - #17

I'll have to give a pass on this one. Mage hits way too many notes that are deeply uncomfortable for me. Hope it goes well!
    That's okay. It's important to have fun and be comfortable, first and foremost.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I promised myself I'd reduce my game quota by 1 and not replace whichever game finished first with another in order to free up time for other writing. Added to the fact that I'm just not a fan of Mage (except the character gen bit - I do like that) I shall vacate my seat for someone else who has more time and who enjoys the system more.

I wish you all the best drama!

@Elanorin: Scraps hasn't signed off, he's still holding the radio while he's thought-speeching with Glimglam. Milliway should be able to still hear ambient noises on the other end of ponies moving around, light chatter, Scraps breathing, etc.

Just so she knows he hasn't hung up on her.
    Noted.

It gives her a chance to ramble and babble to awkwardly fill the silence (because silences must be filled!).
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

~ Bear's Den

Milliway | Samael Hale

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    Noted.

It gives her a chance to ramble and babble to awkwardly fill the silence (because silences must be filled!).
    You read my mind.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    I promised myself I'd reduce my game quota by 1 and not replace whichever game finished first with another in order to free up time for other writing. Added to the fact that I'm just not a fan of Mage (except the character gen bit - I do like that) I shall vacate my seat for someone else who has more time and who enjoys the system more.

I wish you all the best drama!
    You're always welcome, of course, but I had a feeling that was your answer :)

I think 2-3 players are ideal, and I think I can count on Thanqol, so one or two more should do it. Balmas, BlasTech, can I tempt you?
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

You're always welcome, of course, but I had a feeling that was your answer :)

I think 2-3 players are ideal, and I think I can count on Thanqol, so one or two more should do it. Balmas, BlasTech, can I tempt you?
    Sorry, I've got barely enough bandwidth at the moment for this, can't commit to regular posting in a new one for the next bit!

Life, amirite?

22. - Top - End - #22

Sorry, I've got barely enough bandwidth at the moment for this, can't commit to regular posting in a new one for the next bit!

Life, amirite?
    deborah's looking to MC a game when this one wraps up in a few months, not add a new game to the list. If you need a break from running games and be a player instead this is your ticket
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-06-21 at 02:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Thanqol is right, even though he keeps forgetting my name
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

24. - Top - End - #24

Thanqol is right, even though he keeps forgetting my name
    look i still have colleagues i have worked with side by side for over three years whose names i haven't learned you are not alone in this

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    look i still have colleagues i have worked with side by side for over three years whose names i haven't learned you are not alone in this
    Either you're a Mastigos who's messing with his own memories a bit too much ... or a Thursus with Mind as your inferior Arcanum. Either way, I just keep reminding you
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Either you're a Mastigos who's messing with his own memories a bit too much ... or a Thursus with Mind as your inferior Arcanum. Either way, I just keep reminding you
    I wish you Patience. This is the one who forgot his own age.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

~ Bear's Den

Milliway | Samael Hale

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Can someone give me a link to the advanced moveset again? I can't seem to remember where I put mine.

28. - Top - End - #28

As a head's up, this week is going to be a busy one for me. Moving on Thursday, and I have a half-dozen other meetings and hangouts sprinkled throughout the week to boot. I'll get posts in where I can, but I may be delayed.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

No worries Amish, thanks for the head's up!

Also, sorry for my slow post - it took a while to find my rules reference for the advanced OYB move.

30. - Top - End - #30

No worries Amish, thanks for the head's up!

Also, sorry for my slow post - it took a while to find my rules reference for the advanced OYB move.
    Oh, right, sorry, I was going to find that for you but then I totally spaced and forgot