Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Saqqara and the Restless Dead (Barbarians of Lemuria)

In the City of a Hundred Hundred Tombs

On the bluff above the marshy and fertile flood plain, in the hard land at the edge of the Sunset Desert, a city of tombs lurks under the vast purple cloak of the night sky. There is no moon, only the light that shimmers from the stars of Hathor’s Girdle. A faint odor of rotting flesh wafts through the city, but the spear-bearing warriors who patrol among the tombs are long since used to that. In the tidy rows of small brick apartments that stand along the bluff edge at the outskirts where the sun shines first, the warriors’ spouses and children sleep restlessly. In the Osiris Temple near the center of the city, a few priests drone the Litany of Slumber under the flickering light of open oil lamps.

It is the time of Pharaoh Akhenaten. Rumors say he is raising a new city upriver from Saqqara, the city of tombs. Rumors say that the new city will be Akhetaten - “Sun City” - and that it will have grand new temples raised by slaves from upriver, downriver, sunrise and sunset. Rumors say that Akehnaten is angry at all the priests of all the Four Halves of the Two Lands – but in this city those rumors have been heard only by the priests of the Osiris Temple.

Summary
    This will be a Barbarians of Lemuria game. You can use the latest free version of the rules to create your character. There are a few house rules that I will be bringing over from the premium Mythic version:
    - boons and flaws available to heroes (as a boon, you can specify one thing your hero has a gift for, and if that comes up in play you get to roll an extra d6 and drop the lowest) (as a flaw, if you want your hero to have more than one boon, or if your character has the Magician or Druid career, you also must specify one thing your hero does terribly, and if that comes up in play you have to roll an extra d6 and drop the highest) (use a cool name for your boon or flaw: “Carouser,” “Moon-favored,” or “Catlike Stealth” all are good)
    - weapons damage unarmed (d3) / improvised (d3) / light (d6L) / medium (d6) / heavy (d6H)
    - alchemy craft rules (if you want to play an alchemist)
    - priests granting temporary boons and flaws vs. casting spells (you can do either, but you have to pick which one when you make the character)
    - others may arise

The game will be set initially in Saqqara, the city of tombs. Political and religious intrigues will happen. The PCs will not initially be players in those intrigues – more like bystanders or pawns. As a result of the intrigues, numerous bad things and maybe a few fortunate things will happen, which will give rise to adventures.

The GURPS Egypt book would be helpful for background, but there also are many free resources for learning about the setting generally and in the time of Akhenaten.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-06-09 at 02:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Saqqara and the Restless Dead (Barbarians of Lemuria)

Intrigued. But I've never worked with the rules before. What time frame are you looking at? Do I have time to read up?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Intriguing stuff. A good old sword and sorcery romp, it seems. Looking over the rules and an Egyptian gods list, I'm thinking of playing a thief and cleric of Bes who believes in redistribution of good fortune- making sure that all those lucky merchants out there give sufficiently to the poor whether they want to or not. Sound ok?
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivesRat View Post
    Intrigued. But I've never worked with the rules before. What time frame are you looking at? Do I have time to read up?
    I'm looking for three to four players. So far we have interest from two. It seems like you'll have time to review the rules. They're fairly simple - one reason I like them. Character generation is particularly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Intriguing stuff. A good old sword and sorcery romp, it seems. Looking over the rules and an Egyptian gods list, I'm thinking of playing a thief and cleric of Bes who believes in redistribution of good fortune- making sure that all those lucky merchants out there give sufficiently to the poor whether they want to or not. Sound ok?
    That sounds fun. Keep in mind that a lot of the trade in ancient Egypt is licensed by local temples, so a thief-priest may be continually interfering with the service and revenues of other deities. As is common in the ancient world, theft is a highly discouraged activity ... your character probably should carry the marks of a few old canings! Also, maybe he or she has learned to forge a passport? (The official I.D. pendant worn by all good Egyptians, and marked up by the wearer's local magistrate to indicate any deviations from the principles of Ma'at.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Question: Since we're set in Egypt w/ Akhenaten, does that mean we're using the "real" world instead of the world in the BoL rulebook?

6. - Top - End - #6

OrcBarbarianGuy

Might be interested. Gotta review the rules tonight.

7. - Top - End - #7

... are you looking for frequent posts (daily) or less frequent? That will probably help me decide too.
    I'll be posting daily-ish but not more than that. If you also could post daily-ish or every couple of days, that would be helpful. But quality better than rate.

Setting info
    I've been doing some reading about the setting and thought the following might be interesting for you:

Barter economy

Trade in ancient Egypt

Weights and measures

Wages and payments

Daily life

Deities

Medicine

Magic

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbius View Post
    I'll be posting daily-ish but not more than that. If you also could post daily-ish or every couple of days, that would be helpful. But quality better than rate.
    Helpful, thank you! Plus all the articles. I'll get back to you by the end of the weekend.
    Running: [Fate Core Fantasy] War of the Dragon. IC. OOC. Wiki. Recruitment. [ Amedeo ] [ Hachikat ] [ Melkath ] [ Yorn ] Die Roller

9. - Top - End - #9

I notice there's shared interest between ArchivesRat and purepolarpanzer regarding TSnS (BoL Hack) and Saqqara. The two games will have different settings and plots but similar themes and rules. Since we have interest from roryb, who would make a third for Saqqara, maybe we could consolidate on the ancient Egypt setting for now? It would be a bit less work for me.

Sorry dojango. Missed your post. You could make a fourth for this one, which makes me even more interested in running it.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-06-08 at 08:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm just been through about six games that either never got started or died off within a month. Whatever you think you can run reliably without burning out.

11. - Top - End - #11

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Ancient Egypt setting is interesting, but I must admit that I was thinking more classic sword and sorcery when I posted interest. I like the cleric/thief idea, but it's a lot harder to steal units of bread than coins haha.
    The Bear is Back.

12. - Top - End - #12

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ancient Egypt is a setting that that doesn't get much attention. Egypt was, IIRC, the region that had most of the gold mines of the ancient world, up until the Romans found gold in Dacia. So there'll be plenty of gold trinkets to steal. Or 'liberate' from tombs where they're no longer needed...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think the gold mines were in Nubia and points south. Which Egypt controlled during its height, but not Egypt proper.

(Sorry, this comes into play in my character's background.)

But yes, given that we're going to be in the "city of a hundred hundred tombs" I think it's safe to say that there will be trinkets to steal.

14. - Top - End - #14

Posting interest. I need to download the rules and get an idea for the game.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

15. - Top - End - #15

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivesRat View Post
    I think the gold mines were in Nubia and points south. Which Egypt controlled during its height, but not Egypt proper.

(Sorry, this comes into play in my character's background.)

But yes, given that we're going to be in the "city of a hundred hundred tombs" I think it's safe to say that there will be trinkets to steal.
    Could be, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember that the Amarna letters apparently contain letters from other kingdoms complaining that the King of Egypt isn't sending them enough gold.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Had a glance at the rules, and I am most definitely interested. I'll try give them a more detailed read tomorrow.

I'm also interested in TSnS, too, but since they might get consolidated I figured I'd post here (honestly I think the other setting speaks to me a little more, but the fact that this one's using the free version of the rules is a plus. And Ancient Egypt is cool too!)
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

17. - Top - End - #17

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tarkasan the Driver

Tarkasan grew up in the Mittani heartland, near Washukanni. He lived in the king's household, the son of an honored retainer. When he was grown, he served as a charioteer in the wars against the Hattusans and the rebel Assyrians. King Tushratta sent him as a bodyguard for his daughter Tadukhipa when she was sent to marry Amenhotep III. After Amenhotep III died, Tadukhipa was married to his son, Amenhotep IV. Over the past few years, Amenhotep IV has become entranced with his new consort, Neferiti, and their new religion, leaving Tadukhipa and her entourage to scheme and plot in relative exile in their quarters. Tarkasan has been out collecting information for his mistress on the state of her adopted realm, and on the missives coming from their native home.

Strength: 1
    Agility: 2
    Appeal: 0
    Mind: 1

Lifeblood: 11
    Hero Points: 5/5

Combat: He is a balanced warrior, capable of using the spear and the bow and the shield.
    Initiative: 1
    Defense: 1
    Ranged: 1
    Melee: 1

Careers:
    Soldier: 2. A veteran of several campaigns.
    Beastmaster: 1. Trainer and driver of horses.
    Noble: 1. He has served at the king's table back in Mittani, and lived as an honored guest of both Amenhotep III and Amenhotep IV.
    Assassin: 0. Not a killer-for-hire. He has been collecting information for Tadukhipa and for Tushratta back home.

Boons:
    Charioteer: He has been as skilled charioteer most of his life, and he is at home on the chariot, whether it is driving or fighting.
    Fearless: Whether in the heat of battle or against the raging storms, Tarkasan has nerves of tempered bronze and does not flinch in the face of danger.

Flaws:
    Distrust of Sorcery

Languages:
    Mittani
    Akkadian
    "Middle Egyptian"

Trappings:
    Suit of Medium Armor, Spear & Shield, Bow and arrows. Chariot & team of horses.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-06-09 at 03:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Would love to play in this, but I don’t have enough time to familiarize myself with the setting. Time isn’t right...otherwise I would. Sounds like you have plenty of takers. Good luck, all!
    Running: [Fate Core Fantasy] War of the Dragon. IC. OOC. Wiki. Recruitment. [ Amedeo ] [ Hachikat ] [ Melkath ] [ Yorn ] Die Roller

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Eshe of the Javelin

Spoiler: Following the gold
    Show
    Eshe was born in a small village near Lake Nyanza (lake victoria), and grew up among the farmers and fishermen of Africa’s Great Lakes region. Eshe herself helped to harvest sorghum and other crops, but she quickly showed a real gift for spear fishing in the great lake itself. She had the eye to spot the fish and the patience to wait for it to swim into position, then the arm to launch the spear and the legs to haul it back. Her skills gained her appreciation, and she soon showed that she could hunt the forests with a javelin as well.

Eshe’s life should probably have followed a set pattern. She hunted and fished, aided her family and eventually married to add her own children to the village. But a fever swept through the area one year, and it took both her parents and her new husband, leaving her adrift. She left her brothers in charge of the family and wandered away.

Looking for a goal, Eshe remembered a question that had always perplexed her. Her people had always traded bits of raw gold and uncut gemstones for salt to wandering traders. The traders said that they took the gold north through the rift valley to the sea, where it was taken on a boat … somewhere. Where? Who were the people who would trade precious life-giving salt for shiny useless metal? Having nothing better to do, she set out to answer the question.

Eshe eventually found the answer: Egypt. Along the way, north from the lakes through Nubia, she traded her skills with javelin and spear. Armed with a spear, a buckler-sized leather shield and a trio of javelins, Eshe proved to be an effective mercenary. She gained a reputation when she killed a hippopotamus with just a pair of javelins.

These days, Eshe sontinues her earlier quest of following the gold. She works as a hired spear; hunting dangerous game, aiding in a raid or fighting for an audience. She's a tall, lanky woman, usually wearing a coarse linen kilt and a hide strap to hold her javelins. She's rarely found without her spear and hide buckler.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Attributes:
    Strength - 2
    Agility - 2
    Mind - 0
    Appeal - 0

Combat:
    Brawling - 0
    Melee - 1
    Ranged - 2
    Defense - 1

Careers:
    Farmer - 0
    Hunter - 2
    Mercenary - 1
    Gladiator - 1

Spoiler: Boons and flaws
    Show

Boon:
    Falcon’s eye: No one doubts Eshe’s strength and courage, but her greatest asset is her eye. She is adept at picking out the right target and the right moment to strike. She gains a boon when precise aim or careful timing are called for.

Lake tongue: The Great Lakes are a crossroads of various Bantu speakers, red sea trade tongues and nubian dialects. Residents have to be linguistically flexible. She gains a bonus when trying to grasp an unfamiliar language.

Flaw:
    Barbarian manners: In civilized Egypt, Eshe is an obvious uncultured barbarian. Any roll that requires social sophistication or tact suffers.

20. - Top - End - #20

I like how things are developing!

It would be helpful if the characters knew each other at the outset. Did Eshe meet Tarkasan during her mercenary work? What about panzer and ybn's forthcoming characters? Why has everyone ended up in Saqqara at this moment?

These are things that could be worked out in the IC thread, through conversations between the characters ... we will need to have a "yes, and" approach to those conversations for the intro portion.

I'm not yet ready to open the IC thread bc we have only two characters so far. I'm thinking the thread eventually will open with everyone gathered in the garden outside the apartment of the Widow Hafsa, eating their daily bread ration and drinking their beer. The initial conversation might relate to how each of them obtains their rations and what their workdays have been like.

Spoiler: rules notes
    Show

In addition to Melee, Ranged, and Defense, there are two other options: Brawling or Initiative. This is because there are two different versions of the rules, the free version and the Mythic version. Brawling gives a bonus to unarmed attacks. Initiative gives a bonus in determining who acts first - basically, any character who succeeds (9+) at an Initiative roll gets to go before the NPCs, a character who fails goes after tough NPCs but before the rabble NPCs, and a character who has a calamitous failure goes after all the NPCs. Pick whichever option you like.

I really like the creativity with the boons and flaws - I don't think I've seen some of these by these names in the official rules, but they look reasonable and appropriate to the characters.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, like I said, this is my first time doing a character in this system, so let me know if I did anything incorrectly.

Semmopet, priest of Amun

Strength: 0
    Agility: 1
    Mind: 3
    Appeal: 0

Brawling: 0
    Melee: 1
    Ranged: 1
    Defense: 2

Careers:
    Slave: 1
    Scribe: 1
    Physician: 1
    Sorcerer: 1

Boon:
    Silver Tongue - While not naturally appealing, Semmopet has a sharp wit and a way with words, and is skilled at subtly swaying people's opinions or getting them to agree to what he's saying, without them realizing they're being manipulated.

Flaw:
    Consumption - Semmopet is beset by a wasting disease that he has been able to mitigate but not cure. Any activity requiring extreme strength or endurance is at a disadvantage, and he must meditate in the morning while breathing in the fumes of special herbs he prepares for himself or he will be plagued by fatigue and coughing.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Semmopet has come far from humble beginnings, by means of his wit and cunning. Born late in the reign of Tuthmose IV, his early years were spent as a court eunuch in the palace of a powerful noble in Thebes. Without much in the way of physical ability, he set about making himself integral in the lord's household. By carefully listening in on conversations and offering wise advice to his master, he earned a position of trust, overcoming the fact that many slaves who showed too much cleverness found themselves to be too dangerous. By attention to detail and strong memory he became an adviser and scribe to his master, and even studied with the court physician who had trained in Alexandria. He served in this capacity for many years, until his master died from a sudden and inexplicable illness, and conveniently enough Semmopet was mentioned in his will--that on the lord's death the loyal servant was to be freed and sent to the temple of Amun. There he trained as a priest, furthering his knowledge of magic and medicine, and claiming the name he uses to this day. His old name he discarded forever, furthering himself from his past--and from any whispers around his old master's court about who had prepared his drinks the night before the apparently healthy man had become so violently ill.

As a priest of Amun, he became involved in the power struggles between the temples which had traditionally held so much influence over the Pharaohs and Amenhotep, who sought to reduce their influence by claiming special connection to Ra. When Amenhotep's son claimed the name Akhenaten and closed the temples of Amun, Semmopet resolved not to take the loss of influence and prestige lightly. He hadn't clawed his way up from nothing to have it all taken away again. Though he was forced to leave Thebes, he continues searching for a way to restore the priesthood of Amun (and therefore himself) to its rightful power.

I chose the sorcerer career rather than priest because the two were relatively intertwined in ancient Egypt, and game-wise sorcerer seems to fit better. If the DM thinks the priest career would be more fitting I can change it. (And I assume due to the nature of his magic the bonus on rolls would apply to religious rather than arcane matters regardless)
    DMing:

22. - Top - End - #22

OrcBarbarianGuy

OK, let's check out the map. Thebes, the capital is way upriver. Saqqara is down by the delta, and Amarna is a-building about halfway between them. A messenger came from home, bearing an official letter for Akhenaten. On the pretext of escorting the messenger back to Memphis, Tarkasan travelled downriver with him to pass along some additional information that he had gathered wouldn't be included in the 'official response'. In addition, Tadukhip asked him to check in on the construction of the temple to Astarte that was being built in Memphis. It would stand as a visible monument to the great alliance between Egypt and Mittani. But to Tarkasan's surprise, the workcrews assigned to the temple have been diverted by order of the pharaoh... and his wife. To this new city. This will not please his mistress. Tarkasan has decided to stop over in Saqqara to see if he can find any workmen who can be sent back to Memphis to continue work on the Mittani temple.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Eshe has been escorting spoiled young noblemen on a "hunting" expedition down from the delta in search of larger game than can be found in the marshes. The noblemen drank more than they hunted, and Eshe got tired of protecting them from their own quarry. Once the job was done, Eshe decided to make excuses and leave the party before they headed back downriver. At that point, even the crocodiles made for better company.

Eshe is taking the slow route, allowing the noble brats a chance to stay ahead of her, and to scout for more work along the way. She pauses for breakfast in Saqqara, buying bread and onions from a tavern. And who should she see in the street but Tarkasan, attendant to Tadukhipa. Eshe did some bodyguard work for them a few years back, when Tadukhipa was in better favor. Eshe still has the ebony scarab that was part of her pay; a fine piece she hopes to take back to the lake country some day.

Perhaps Tarkasan is looking for another spear? Can't be too careful these days, and Eshe can never have too much gold.

24. - Top - End - #24

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tehuti, Priest of Bes and "Retired" Thief

A nameless boy was born to a prostitute in the poorest part of Saqqara. Raised by the city, he survived by stealing. First it was just bread and beer, begging or swiping just enough to survive. Then he met Braheem, an aged beggar and thief, who taught him the methods of stealing more valuable things. Palming rings, conning jewlery, and committing burglary and assault taught the boy what he needed to survive. However, when he found out just how much his master was taking from him and others like him who were still barely scraping by, Tehuti knifed his master in his sleep and split the trinkets and treasures between himself and the other thieves who survived years under Raheem. This was justice, in his eyes, and Tahuti the thief grew into a young man stealing from wealthier and wealthier targets, who he felt the gods had shown too much favor.

This eventually got him caught, captured, beaten, and stabbed. He still remembers the way so many ignored him as he dragged himself bleeding through the streets that night. He eventually blacked out, sure that it was time for his heart to be judged in the land of the dead. However, he woke in a dimly lit, cool room in the Temple of Bes. The priests there didn't ask him what happened. Didn't pry into his past. They treated his wounds with clean water, recited spells over him, and he grew stronger. They only asked that he become a neophyte in the temple, devoting himself to the concepts of family, protection, and justice that the Dwarf God called his followers to follow. He was found to have a quick mind, and he rapidly picked up reading, writing, and most importantly counting and mathematics. And so Tehuti the thief became Tehuti the priest, and for years he was happy.

It wasn't until he began working with larger and larger numbers, bigger and bigger amounts of goods, that Tehuti's personal sense of Bes' justice began to disrupt his life again. He watched over and counted the goods of some of the wealthiest nobles and priests of Saqqara, administering deliveries and keeping track of accounts. So, he simply began... rounding. When there were extra goods in one shipment, he would divert the excess to the less privileged of the city through various maneuvers. He was caught once, and still remembers the caning he received for the "mistake", but it only taught him how to be more subtle, to bury his actions so deep that most scribes would lose themselves in his detailed, completely legitimate work. He also learned how to forge several other scribe's writing in the temple to conceal his theft even further. All in all, as Tehuti grew older, he found that it was much easier to steal from the rich and aid those without when the wealthy trusted him to count their goods.

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Strength- 0
    Agility- 1
    Mind- 1
    Appeal- 2

Brawling- 0
    Melee- 1
    Ranged- 0
    Defense- 1
    Initiative- 2

Careers

Thief- 1
    Priest- 1
    Scribe- 2
    Assassin- 0

Boons

Child of Night- Tahuti has always been most comfortable in the dark, and sinks into shadows with the skill of a predator. He gains advantage when using stealth in dark places or at night.

Scribe of Lies- Through years of practice, Tahuti has become an expert at deception through writing and numbers. Forgeries, creative accounting, and lies that Tahuti can write seem more genuine, more convincing, and less suspicious than others of his craft. He gains advantage when using words to create deveption.

Flaw

Sympathizer- Tahuti never wants to hurt those who Bes has directed him to protect. He has a special place in his heart for the poor, the slave, and the desperate. He gains disadvantage if his actions could directly bring harm to someone of low station, whether that be a slave who needs to be silenced or if stealing an expensive object may run a minor merchant out of business.

Gear

Symbol of Bes, inexpensive jewelry, writing and drawing tools, a short sword, and second hand leather armor for dangerous situations.
    The Bear is Back.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In terms of why Semmopet would be in Saqqara--his ultimate goal is looking for others who have been somehow wronged by the pharaoh in order to find allies against him. Most temples have been closed in the wake of Akenaten's newfound religious fervor, but perhaps Semmopet heard that the priests of Osiris were still keeping their vigil over the dead at Saqqara, so he made his way there to see if he could feel them out. He would perhaps recognize Tarkasan as a retainer of the Mitanni princess who had fallen from favor in the court, and would approach him as well.
    DMing:

26. - Top - End - #26

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    Alright, like I said, this is my first time doing a character in this system, so let me know if I did anything incorrectly.

Semmopet, priest of Amun
    I think you get one boon for free, and two boons if you take a flaw. Magicians take extra flaws starting at career rank 2, so you can take another boon or drop the flaw (at least until you advance in magician rank).

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    I think you get one boon for free, and two boons if you take a flaw. Magicians take extra flaws starting at career rank 2, so you can take another boon or drop the flaw (at least until you advance in magician rank).
    Thank you, dojango. That's a good catch!

Let's close this thread - except for actual character creation (looking at you, ybn...) - and copy completed character sheets over to the new OOC thread.

Also, first IC post is up. Please use your first post to contribute to the ongoing conversation / introductions.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hmm, I’m working off of the free version of the rules, so I was just going off of the first post that said characters with the magician career were required to take a flaw. Thing is I don’t really know what other boon I’d give him, so I might just move a career rank around so I don’t have to worry about it. I kind of wanted to do that anyway.

I’m at work right now, so I’ll think on it and post to the OOC/IC this evening.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #29

I'm at work as well. I will try to put a character together during my lunch.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

30. - Top - End - #30

This is what I have so far. Not sure how to proceed with the Boon and Flaw.

Kenamon

Strength: 0
    Agility: 1
    Mind: 2
    Appeal: 1

Brawling: 0
    Melee: 0
    Ranged: 2
    Defense: 2

Careers:
    Merchant: 1
    Minstrel: 1
    Scholar: 0
    Thief: 2

Boon:

Flaw: