The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Ruy's Alone Against the Flames OOC

Greetings Ruy, and welcome to the world of Call of Cthulhu, a world of horror, mystery, and wonder. Here you shall take on the role of an intrepid Investigator of the Unknown (or Investigator for short), while I shall be the Keeper of Arcane Lore (or the Keeper).

Now, one important thing to note is that this game is not Dungeons & Dragons. You are not a hero, you are not a being who is eventually able to snap your fingers and cast Wish or attack nine times with a massive sword in the span of six seconds, you are an ordinary person, and just like ordinary people, you may become heavily injured (HP isn't just something that magically returns with a quick nap), suffer sanity-shattering experiences, or even die! However, someone has to make a stand against the horrors of the mythos, and the death or insanity of a single human matters little if it means postponing the eventual enslavement of humanity.

However, you may be one of the lucky ones who survive your encounters with unearthly beings, gaining knowledge of the horrors outside of our reality, power from volumes of arcane lore, and advancement in your skills as you become more experienced. You will (most likely) never reach the point of superhuman abilities akin to D&D or Pathfinder, but you can achieve something greater than the average of your kind.

Now that you understand the basic themeatic aspects of the game, prepare to journey onto your first adventure -- Alone Against the Flames! This is a horror story set in the 1920s where you are the main character. For the purposes of walking you through the story I will offer prompts and suggestions below each of my In-Character posts, but if you're feeling foolish confident feel free to forge your own path!

Anyway, without further ado, tuck yourself in, grab a bowl of popcorn, set up a nice fire, and join the In-Character! Actually, on second thought, don't get too close to the fire.

Although, just to make sure, you are willing to post at least once every couple of days, correct? I'm on semi-regularly so I'll reply pretty quickly, but I just want to make sure the game doesn't grind to a halt.

(Please answer the above question, in addition, you may watch this video or this one for some additional content regarding Call of Cthulhu [and I'd only watch that one])
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-28 at 04:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Ruy's Alone Against the Flames OOC

Two days is more than ok; i belive i can post two to three times a day.
    What i can't promess is to survive; i have been always in very bad luck with the dices haha!.
    Ruy

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Congratulations! You've done it! You've managed to beat Alone Against the Flames. Your character has forever been changed by what they've experienced in Emberhead, and they might not ever be the same. Nevertheless, they will most likely improve!

You succeeded in the following skill rolls: Psychology and Charm. For each of these please give me a roll, however your goal is to fail instead of succeed. If you fail, it's representative of you understanding that there's some way that you could have improved and you may add a d10 to that skill's rating.

Once that happens, you may read all of the other forums relating to Alone Against the Flames here at the Society for the Exploration of the Unexplained (basically my repository for all of your links so I don't have to keep looking them up online). I hope that you enjoyed, but I'm unsure if we should continue. I would strongly recommend trying to play something you're more familiar with on this forum first, like Dungeons and Dragons. Maybe some other time we can continue though, once you become more experienced with the aspects of this forum. Nevertheless, I'll give you your character sheet after you make the improvement rolls.

4. - Top - End - #4

Default lets improve

rolls to fail

Psychology (1d100)[91]

Charm (1d100)[36]
    Ruy

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: lets improve

Quote Originally Posted by Ruy View Post
    rolls to fail

Psychology [roll0]

Charm [roll1]
    You failed Psychology, but you succeeded on Charm. So you may add 1d10 to Psychology.

6. - Top - End - #6

Default better scores

adding 1d10 to Psychology

(1d10)[1]
    Ruy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Here is your character sheet, and I wish you the best of luck in all of your future gaming endeavors!