New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Sam & Fuzzy

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Sam & Fuzzy

It seems there's no thread for Sam & Fuzzy (http://www.samandfuzzy.com/), so I'm making one.

And, I guess I'll spoiler for today's comic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Brain is obviously tempting Sam with something bad (or, philosophy discussion aside, we the reader are probably meant to interpret as bad: a world with peace enforced by mind-rewriting monsters.)

But, given the circumstance, and assuming Brain is being honest (a big assumption), what he's offering Sam seems a decently good idea. Doesn't it?

Still, I reckon he'll somehow combo with Candice-echo and Dev to gain control, or Fuzzy manages to do something, and a real good ending without giving into Brain happens. But I'm mainly posting this to get folks' opinion on if it seems reasonable for Sam to accept Brain's offer. It really does seem to be what Sam wanted all along (though he has started to realize how misguided he was.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Sam & Fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    It seems there's no thread for Sam & Fuzzy (http://www.samandfuzzy.com/), so I'm making one.

Spoiler
    Show

Brain is obviously tempting Sam with something bad (or, philosophy discussion aside, we the reader are probably meant to interpret as bad: a world with peace enforced by mind-rewriting monsters.)

But, given the circumstance, and assuming Brain is being honest (a big assumption), what he's offering Sam seems a decently good idea. Doesn't it?

Still, I reckon he'll somehow combo with Candice-echo and Dev to gain control, or Fuzzy manages to do something, and a real good ending without giving into Brain happens. But I'm mainly posting this to get folks' opinion on if it seems reasonable for Sam to accept Brain's offer. It really does seem to be what Sam wanted all along (though he has started to realize how misguided he was.)

At face value, it's not the worst deal, but there's some pretty nasty stuff hiding behind the cracks. I couldn't help noticing that there was a *lot* of Brain's.... children? in his temptation scenario, and he has a track record of erasing the parts of his accomplices minds that he finds inconvenient.

I mean, lessor of evils compared to letting Hart just eat the world, but nothing good is going to come of letting Brain loose.
    Last edited by gbs5009; 2019-06-10 at 01:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Sam & Fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

Spoiler
    Show

It really doesn't seem to be about turning Sam into anything different than Rexford back when he was running the committee. Just with Brain killing people and replacing them with more compliant versions of themselves instead of the Erasers kicking people out of the first world with quarantine.

The Sam from when he'd just joined the Committee would be appalled.