New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thoughts on the disadvantage when a small race uses a heavy weapon

I think that the type of fiction DnD draws strongest on discourages notably oversized weapons for people of everyday or smaller stature. Of course, in some of the fiction it draws on that's perfectly acceptable and in 3.X (and probably in other editions through other means) there were ways to wield comically oversized weapons that were intentional from the designers, so I think it's a wash either way.

I think you could can the rule and it wouldn't be a major issue, mechanically.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2019-06-17 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    I think that the type of fiction DnD draws strongest on discourages notably oversized weapons for people of everyday or smaller stature. Of course, in some of the fiction it draws on that's perfectly acceptable and in 3.X (and probably in other editions through other means) there were ways to wield comically oversized weapons that were intentional from the designers, so I think it's a wash either way.

I think you could can the rule and it wouldn't be a major issue, mechanically.
    Yeah but it always came with a penalty to hit, I think as a general statement most of the people who are opposed to oversized weapons are fine as long as you in someway acknowledge that oversized weapons are hard to wield and if small creatures can use a "giant weapon" then so can a medium creature.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Locked for good.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2019-06-18 at 02:38 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex