The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE5! - CWBG - Now in Galactic Size

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am the acting stat manager for E5 and have finished inputting Leader stats into the google doc.

The following players need to add their leader stats into their world posts, or make a world post if you have not:

Tentreto
    Mary
    Doomhat
    Asmodeussnake
    LapisCattis
    Jade

Please post in the ooc or otherwise poke me when you have done this.

Also, EVERYONE, please be sure to order you stats thusly:

Dip
    Mil
    Eco
    Phil
    Int

The likeliness for mistakes becomes high if your stats are not in proper order. Once the google doc is posted, please double check your stats and tell me if there is an error.

Thank you! <3
    When it comes to Stats, please listen to Pepper.

As to the Tables? You're gonna wanna go here in the Rules Thread and read the Guidelines section.

Otherwise, please check your stats, and let Pepper know if there is a problem. And (when the game starts soon and in the World's Thread) do try and arrange your Leader Stats in the order she has requested, please and thank you. Having been Stat Manager before, I can't tell you just how frustrating it is to have to reorder everyone's stats in my head between every post. Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got my Master's Degree for games (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Pepper Thats done now. Now I can't take back their name :P
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Playing as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

@Tentreto and Jade, thank you, your Leaders have been added to the tables!

Still waiting on:

Mary
    Doomhat
    Asmodeussnake
    LapisCattis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Starting Regions maps have been updated in the Second Post of this thread.

This is to accommodate the change outs from players whom did not work on/complete applications in the time window I provided, when we had other players who did. Hopefully the removed players will finish within the next couple of weeks, and I can add them to the waiting list!
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-15 at 03:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still waiting on:

Mary
    Doomhat
    Asmodeussnake
    LapisCattis
    I have added my Leader stats to my Worlds post!
    Last edited by Mary_Sue; 2019-06-15 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!

6. - Top - End - #36

Still waiting on:

Mary
    Doomhat
    Asmodeussnake
    LapisCattis
    It Is Done
    ...with a vengeance!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Ausar, Lapis, Mary & Doom, thank you! Your Leader stats have been added to the tables!

Waiting on Asmodeussnake and Makvala to add their Leader stats into the Worlds thread.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2019-06-15 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

The game begins.

IC Thread is now up, and you may post in it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post, but this is important.

As a reminder, please be sure that you are sending Secret Action PMs to both Randoman and myself.

Do not send Secret Actions via Discord. PMs only, please. I'll lose them otherwise. (I cleared out my Inbox just a bit ago!)

Gifts of the Simulacrum is the round 1 Event. This is a non-action mandatory attendance event. Even just a single post at the event gets you your GLD (Gravity Latch Drive), "FTL Message Board" (Name not Final), and a Galactic Map. (Maybe more? ) Not attending gets you... a very confused look from the Head GM, because guess what, you attended. I won't enforce attendance for other events, but this one is important... and also serves as a good example to our newer players what an Event can be like

Randoman would like to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoman
    As a reminder since it's a change from E4 to E5 it's a non action to accept a Favor that will be owed to an Org (or cash a Favor out if you have one available) but obviously actions will be required to complete tasks and earn Rep or Favor as defined by the task request
    Lastly - Please, please, for the sake of the GM Team, roll your Exploration actions early. Rolling actions will be considered "locking them in", and they can no longer be changed... but we expect nearly every one of our forty players to (probably) do at least one if not two Exploration actions this round. We've prepped some exploration results, but the sooner you roll for your Exploration actions, the sooner the GM Team can get to work on them. Thank you!
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-16 at 07:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Ausar, Lapis, Mary & Doom, thank you! Your Leader stats have been added to the tables!

Waiting on Asmodeussnake and Makvala to add their Leader stats into the Worlds thread.
    I have posted in the Worlds thread. Thanks for your patience!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    The Head GM is curious: do your ships have artificial gravity, and if so, how does it work?

TL;DR version - No, unless they are ships meant to carry non-Tezh cargo for which gravity is a necessary consideration (be that living cargo or badly designed products like mugs full of cocoa without lids).

Incidentally what would be considered a 'space ship' or 'vessel' to someone else is simply another frame to the Tezh. As such they save considerable mass and energy on traditional life support systems, crew accommodations, and more, though they do employ inertial dampeners in their frame designs for structural engineering purposes.

This means that Tezh frames tend to be far more spindly or small/compact than ships from other species with similar speed/weapon capabilities. They are also capable of feats of acceleration and maneuvering that would otherwise shred vessels from torsion stresses without the dampening.

It may take dozens to hundreds of Tezh to properly manage the systems on that frame, but similar to other species their frames - especially larger ones - all have designations that can be called on directly to interact with.
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-06-16 at 03:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Gengy, if we have a number of questions to ask of Guardian, would it be more convenient for you if we just posted all the questions at once, or would you prefer to RP out the whole conversation? I know that RPing out conversations is generally preferable, but I'm also aware of the number of players and that trying to maintain IC conversations with all of them could be a challenge.
    Empire! A community world-building game, always recruiting

GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Gengy, if we have a number of questions to ask of Guardian, would it be more convenient for you if we just posted all the questions at once, or would you prefer to RP out the whole conversation? I know that RPing out conversations is generally preferable, but I'm also aware of the number of players and that trying to maintain IC conversations with all of them could be a challenge.
    A significant number of questions asked while in Odeum Delta are answered in such a manner that they are answered to the public in general. If you want to have a private, one on one, conversation with Guardian, I think I can handle it for the moment. I plan on making one post a day, at minimum. Sometimes two, if I can find the time. However, the more questions asked at once, the more able I am to handle things for a larger crowd, that's true.

I guess what I'm saying is: Give me all the questions if you want, but if you want to RP, feel free to step into an Adjoining Room and ask to speak with Guardian privately.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Reggie, this is going to bother me if I don't say something... In your Worlds post you used the spelling Symbrum whereas in the IC thread and at the Simulacrum you have consistently used the spelling Symbraum. Which of these is correct?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Reggie, this is going to bother me if I don't say something... In your Worlds post you used the spelling Symbrum whereas in the IC thread and at the Simulacrum you have consistently used the spelling Symbraum. Which of these is correct?
    Neither. whitetext.

League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Oh dammit! I originally spelled it Symbraum then thought to myself "the U seems superfluous" so took it out but it looks like I can't shake my initial spelling instinct. I will edit my World's post to consistently use Symbraum since that's what I've gone with in the event. Thanks for pointing this out!

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Neither.
    Lol, yeah actually this is a better answer
    Thanks Gengy for the avatar!

17. - Top - End - #47

I have posted in the event for Gengy, Kjel and Makvala!

I would be happy to speak with whoever would like to as well.

@Asmodeussnake Sorry I missed your post! I will include a reply in my next event post.
    Last edited by Mary_Sue; 2019-06-18 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quick question:

It sounds like characters could come and go from the Simulacrum at will. Are there limits to what we can bring in? I know we don't need to eat in there, but the Collector was thinking of feeding the assembled delegates (or at least those with the necessary desire/physiology).

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Oh dammit! I originally spelled it Symbraum then thought to myself "the U seems superfluous" so took it out but it looks like I can't shake my initial spelling instinct. I will edit my World's post to consistently use Symbraum since that's what I've gone with in the event. Thanks for pointing this out!
    No worries. Admittedly only brought it up to make using Ctrl+F easier later.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Makvala View Post
    Quick question:

It sounds like characters could come and go from the Simulacrum at will. Are there limits to what we can bring in? I know we don't need to eat in there, but the Collector was thinking of feeding the assembled delegates (or at least those with the necessary desire/physiology).
    While it has not been expressed yet IC, the intention OOC is that the Simulacrum is available as a place to host future events. It is power-intensive at the moment, though, so going in and out is silly. You'll also be limited to (roughly) 5 beings per visit from the same Doorlight.

As to what you can bring in, food is possible for those that want to eat; but the need to eat is gone while there. It would be purely for enjoyment.

Weapons either disappear or are (surprise!) non-functional while within the Simulacrum. Attempts to use them will be found hilarious by the Head GM.

Tests of Strength (aka, the current wrasslin') are fine, so long as the bouts are between voluntary combatants.

Speaking of Which...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor_The_Mad View Post
    Roll for the contest of strength if needed:
    2d6(7)+5 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    Test of Strength vs. Kronin:

[roll0]
    Let's keep the rolls in the die rolling thread, please. Don't post single posts with roll results in the IC RP Event Threads. Please try and post some context (describing manuevers, sizing up your opponent, etc.) and then include your Roll Result with a link to the Dice Rolling Thread

Thank you!
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The real question is what you can take out, if anything. I personally suspect it's some kind of Simulation with an Ansible connection which neatly explains away the lack of need for anything physical, the nonfunctionality of weapons ("NuclearBackpack.exe has been disabled by the administrator."), and the inability to actually travel back through someone else's white door (since any white door would just exit the sim).

If you can bring non-data objects back with you that you didn't come in with, of course, that rather muddies the waters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Normal Avatar by Thormag!

Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

Hot Mech-on-Mech Action: A Campaign Journal

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I just hope the USB stick data crystal I gave the Symbraum works somehow... If not, I'll send the data later.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #53

BardGuy

I hope so too, otherwise the alternative is laying fiber-optic cable across the entire galaxy.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Commonwealth of Zara in Empire! 5
    Ti Linnad in Empire! 4

Spoiler: My PbP
    Show
    Games I play

24. - Top - End - #54

Even if the space being occupied is artificial, it seems capable of generating solid or solid-like objects. It's possible the information might be transferred from one session and materially replicated in another, with the redundant original being quietly disposed of in its home session.
    ...with a vengeance!

25. - Top - End - #55

Roughly how many turns would it take for the Draaxerri to meet the Grymlans on a "Diplomatic" Mission?
    Current characters:
    Drakirr (Blue Dragonborn Warlock)
    Alyfyldyr Hyalythki (Rock Gnome Wizard)
    Harilidir (Half-elf Bard)
    Kazaharad Akaztkl (Goliath Barbarian)
    Luft (air-genasi druid)
    And of course Lizard Wizard (Lizardfolk Sorcerer)

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Roughly how many turns would it take for the Draaxerri to meet the Grymlans on a "Diplomatic" Mission?
    Diplomatic missions (speaking with Grymlan representatives, arranging treaties) take zero turns, since the AI in the Simulacrum event has gifted all player species the ability to communicate near-instantaneously.

That being said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    The Draaxerri
    The Draaxerri never received the message, because as the probe crashed onto the harsh plains of Draaxithar, they were already far gone, having escaped the doomed planet.
    The GMs certainly want everyone to have as much creative freedom as possible, but it may be difficult or nearly impossible to play if you write yourself into a corner. Do you see the issue here? You can't exactly use the communication technology to contact the Grymlans (or anyone else) reasonably quickly if the AI never gifted it to you. There is no need to alter your space nomads concept, though. For example, you could just say that the AI, being super smart, predicted that the Draaxerri would move, and made it so that the ship would receive the message instead.

This post from the head GM is very relevant:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    Gifts of the Simulacrum is the round 1 Event. This is a non-action mandatory attendance event. Even just a single post at the event gets you your GLD (Gravity Latch Drive), "FTL Message Board" (Name not Final), and a Galactic Map. (Maybe more? ) Not attending gets you... a very confused look from the Head GM, because guess what, you attended. I won't enforce attendance for other events, but this one is important... and also serves as a good example to our newer players what an Event can be like
    Last edited by Corona; 2019-06-26 at 02:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

also, by forgoing the starting tech, it makes communication hard to pull off with player.

The event is a meet and greet for the budding powers of the universe. Even if you did not post anything in the event, its assumed that you did some basic diplomacy work and got the important information from the event, meeting other races and in turn them meeting you. (though without any event posts I would argue that these meetings were likely unremarkable).

Without getting the FTL tech your people will not have access to the Simulacrum and would not be present to meet other races. So even if you wanted to meet the Grymlans, you can't because your people wouldn't know they exist. Following this same vein of thought, the other powers might be marginally aware of your people in your region (assuming they were on the map the Guardian gave us) but they wont have any information regarding what is happening in your region without sitting ships on it because communication from your people would be sub-ftl. If you want to have a civil war among your people with others to influence it, then you need a way to get out to them.

And again, having a single centralized post in the IC thread regarding your Space Power (look to the other players for an idea of how to do it) would be appreciated.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Attention@

SoSDarkPheonix
    Omnitricks
    dreamking
    Myr

Hello! If you are in the above list, it is because you have not yet posted in the IC Thread for Round 1. The Round ends in three days. We hope to see you posting, but if you miss a round, that's fine! You can miss one round without penalty, but not two. After two rounds without posting in the IC Thread, your region will undergo GM Plot and no longer be active; instead, it will be free to be claimed by other players.

Just as a reminder, in addition to the IC Thread post this round, the GM Team would appreciate it if there was at least one post at the Event Thread to signify your accepting of the Gravity Latch Drive (FTL) and Orator Message System (FTL communication). Some of you have already done so, and we appreciate it.

When you do make your IC Thread post, please be aware that there is a format that is heavily recommended by the GM Team. You can find the post format layout in the first post of the thread, in the first [Spoiler] section. Additionally, if you are taking actions for the round that require Dice Rolling, please be sure to add a link to your roll results in the IC Thread post. If you choose to take a Secret Action this round, please be sure to PM both myself and RandoMan with whatever your Secret Action is!

Thank you, and we hope you find time to post in these next few days.

Attention@

WizardLizard

If you are in the above list, you have not yet completed your (5) allowed actions in the round. Please be sure to edit your original post in the IC thread, and add all five actions before the round closes this Sunday morning. Please do not add another post to the IC Thread until you are working on next round's actions.

Attention@

All Newer Players

Just a reminder, after the round closes, your Round 1 Posts will no longer be valid to be edited. Because of how the forum works, you theoretically could still edit your post, but please don't. All edits to action posts in the IC Thread after Round 1 closes will invalidate the actions in that post. So don't do it. This is your friendly warning.

If, for some reason, you realllly need to make an edit, please consult me or Rando and ask for our approval first. There are very few reasons we'd give such approval, but we're always happy to answer questions and consider exceptions... just don't be surprised if we end up telling you "no".

Attention@

ALL PLAYERS

First off: (if you didn't read some of the above)

Round 1 Ends in (3) days

Roughly 72 hours from now, I will close the round. Please complete your IC Post edits before then. The GM Team really appreciated that the majority of your rolled early this round, because it allowed us to have a large amount of the round opener ready ahead of time. We'd love for that trend to continue in the following rounds, so the earlier you roll for even just some of your actions, the better.

Secondly:

Results of Secret Actions and Surveillance Actions

To save space on my rapidly dwindling PM Inbox, while I still want you guys to send me (and Rando!) PMs for Secret Actions, the results of those Secret Actions and Surveillance Actions will be sent to players in Discord if they are in chat. If you have not joined Discord for the craziness that is a lot of our daily conversation (we highly recommend it), you will get your results via PM; and that's fine. I'm just cutting down on the amount of Inbox space I use.

Third:

Because this game continues to evolve, and there have been some major rules changes compared to previous iterations of Empire! please expect that there will be some Rules Alert and Changes in the next few round openers as we work to balance things and improve terminology. Thank you for your patience!

Finally:

If you are creating a Cultural Identity (CI) or Tactical Doctrine (TD), the GM Team would appreciate it if you marked somewhere that you have had that CI or TD GM Approved. It just helps us with our tracking and discussion. Just... make sure it actually was GM Approved before you mark it as such, or you'll be having a disapproving GM talking to you

Thank you everyone!
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-27 at 09:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGirl

Hello fellow players,

I am going on a vacation in Australia today. I expect that I will not be online nearly as frequently as I have been, though I will still play. I will be in Australia until September 14th. If you don't hear from me again, I was probably bitten by local fauna.

~Corona

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to anyone who's been waiting for replies from me in the thread. I've had stuff on this week, and indeed for most of the month. Hopefully that will die down a bit and I'll be able to be a bit more active IC from now on, but I can't guarantee anything.

Although I didn't get to speak to many people IC I am happy to retrospectively time-bubble/handwave in conversations with people, for the sake of establishing diplomatic relations, etc. In particular it was my intention to at least make contact with everyone next to a Cosmic Courier Relay. If anyone would like to talk to my guys about trade, embassies, conversions* or anything else, please feel free to PM. I prefer to handle stuff by PM than by Discord, and indeed I also currently prefer Skype to Discord, for those who have it.

*though offers to convert my LC are likely to be politely refused unless the pitch or product is exceptionally good.

League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)