New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default New Illumian Power Sigils

Illumians are a race of words made flesh, humans magically transformed into avatars of a secret, mystic language. Each Illumian is defined by its power sigil–mystic glyphs that are woven into its essence. Certain conjunctions of power sigils create words in the Illumian language, granting even greater power to those Illumians marked by them. Below are two new power sigils–the Geth sigil, which grants those marked by it great talents, and the Zha sigil, which bolsters the martial aptitude of those who bear it–along with the Illumian words that they are part of.

Power Sigils

Geth: The Illumain word for “talent,” those with the Geth power word may choose a number of skills equal to their Intelligence bonus, minimum one. They may purchase ranks in those skills as if they were class skills, though they are still treated as cross-class skills for determining the maximum number of ranks that can be bought.

Zha: The Illumian word for “sword,” those with the Zha power word gain a +1 bonus to their initiator level for martial maneuvers, up to a maximum of their character level.

Illumian Words

Aeshgeth: An Illumian with the Aeshgeth word treats all armor check penalties to Strength-based skills as being halved.

Gethoon: An Illumian with the Gethoon word may, once per day per, they may make a Fortitude save in place of a Will save. They may do so an additional time each day for every five character levels they have.

Kraugeth An Illumian with the Kraugeth word may use the spell detect magic at will as a spell-like ability, caster level 1st. Once they have used it, they must wait 5 minutes before they can use it again.

Krauzha: An Illumian with the Krauzha may expend a spell slot (but not a prepared to spell) as a free action to recover any expended maneuver whose level is less than or equal to the spell’s level.

Naengeth: An Illumian with the Naengeth word treats all Intelligence-based skills as being class skills.

Naenzha: An Illumian with the Naenzha word may, as a move action, expend any maneuver they have readied. If they do, they may immediately ready any maneuver they know with level less than or equal to that of the expended maneuver, even if it is not among their prepared maneuvers. The Illumian cannot recover the expended maneuver for the rest of the encounter. In addition, if they ready a maneuver not among their prepared maneuvers, they cannot recover it.

Uurgeth An Illumian with the Uurgeth word gains a +1 insight bonus on all initiative checks.

Uurzha: An Illumian with the Uurzha word gains an insight bonus to AC equal to one-third the level of the highest level maneuver they have readied, rounded up, whenever they fight defensively or use the Combat Expertise feat.

Vaulgeth: An Illumain with the Vaulgeth word may, once per day, they may add their Charisma modifier to a Will save, in addition to their Charisma modifier. They may do so an additional time each day for every five character levels they have.

Vaulzha: An Illumian with the Vaulzha word may, as an immediate action, expend a readied martial maneuver to reroll a save. If they expend a maneuver to reroll a save, they cannot recover it for the duration of the encounter.

Zhaesh: An Illumian with the Zhaesh word may expend a readied martial maneuvers as a free action to gain an insight bonus on all damage rolls it makes as part of a melee attack equal to the maneuver’s level until the beginning of its next round.

Zhageth: An Illumian with the Zhageth word may choose any one weapon to gain proficiency with. In order to choose a martial weapon, the Illumian must be proficient with all simple weapons; in order to choose an exotic weapon, they must be proficient with all martial weapons.

Zhahoon: An Illumian with the Zhahoon word gains a number of bonus hp equal to the level of the highest level martial maneuver they have prepared.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2007-10-06 at 11:04 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Illumian Power Sigils

Geth: The Illumain word for “talent,” those with the Geth power word may purchase ranks in cross-class skills as if they were class skills. However, they are still treated as cross-class skills for determining the maximum number of ranks they may have.
    That's worth a feat... I'd be hesitant to give this for free to PCs.

As for the words, any of them that give them Class skills seems problematic. I'd be worried to allow those as well.

As for the Tome of Battle-esque ones, they're pretty good, I like them.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JackMage666 View Post
    That's worth a feat... I'd be hesitant to give this for free to PCs.

As for the words, any of them that give them Class skills seems problematic. I'd be worried to allow those as well.
    Point taken. I've given those an overhaul of sorts. Better?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks much better *claps on back* Congratulations, man ^_^

Though Illumians are still banned in my campaigns. Why? Because my gaming groups are inevitably filled with dip-classing powergamers. I hate them, every. Last. One.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Considerably better.

I've always liked Illumians, but I've never played one.. I'm not much of a spellcaster, and I hate to dip out of a spellcaster if I am one, making alot of the words pointless to me.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.