New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque - all visitors welcome!

[Refreshments Golem]

The glass of cream is chugged in one go.

Maph isn't very elegant.

"Of course you shouldn't like my tone!" the pooka laughs. "I'm a faerie. Who in their right mind would trust a faerie? But it's not as bad for you as it would be for anyone else. Someone already got you. See-"

*Tock*

Now he's balanced atop his tail, using it to prop himself up to Anri's head-level.

The perfect place to whisper into her ear.

"-you aren't actually a robot."

*Tick*

The pooka is reclined on the nearby bench, tail bouncing back and forth like a metronome, one hoof propping up his head under his chin.

"You're some kinda elemental faerie bound to a manufactured body. A golem. I think you might be a djinn?" he reasons. "You weren't granting wishes for people before you got Nexus Whammied, were you?"

Maph already knows the answer to that question. But he isn't asking for his benefit.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

"Technically, no and yes. This isn't my first rodeo. And I also knew already that robots and golems are different things." she narrows her eyes at him.
    "Djinn aren't fairies anyway. What would you have me do, Oh Mysterious Benefactor?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #63

[Refreshments Golem]

"Of course they're the same thing," Maph scoffs. "Just like yokai and daemons and terraphim are the same thing. Why would different cultures use the same word for describing the same group of trouble-making otherworldly beings? That would be dumb."

So dumb.

You aren't dumb, are you Arni?

"You don't have to do much. Just hold still while I crack you outta your robo-shell. That probably won't be hard. Then you're just a free djinn, able to float around and gnaw bones and sleep inside people's noses or whatever it is djinn are supposed to do."

Those are all very important djinn things.

Especially the nose-sleeping.

"You've got it BAD from the Nexus. This would be a freebe. I figure you deserve a good turn of fortune for once. It would be my good deed for the month to keep Inari from turning me into a fish again"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

"That sounds an awful lot like circumventing the curse instead of breaking it. How do I know that you doing that doesn't keep me still flitting around parties? I don't care what I look like, not much. I just want my free will back."
    She's lying, of course. She cares very much what she looks like. That's why she didn't like being short and called cute, and why she's annoyed that she currently looks like a fully-grown woman but it's all artificial and fake looking.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The woman in the fire dress with the skull mask will be approached by the young lady with the wings; she's probably taller. They're probably around twenty, a few years either way. She's got short black hair mixed with matching feathers and grey eyes. She's wearing a mask with a long, upturned nose and a carnival grin, though it leaves her chin bare, and a slit black dress that occasionally grants a glimpse of bare leg and the black hiking boots she wears underneath. The dress is backless, allowing a pair of black feathered wings to rest unconfined. "Hi, I'm Jack. I really like your dress." The mask with its mirrored eye-holes is a little creepy, though. Jack's very impressed with the entirety of the costume.
    The lady in the skull mask turns and looks up at Jack.
    "Oh, thank you! I made it myself." It took quite a few attempts.

"I- I really like your wings. I mean, your dress is nice too." She doesn't want to sound like she's struggling to find an appropriate compliment! It's just that the wings are rather more salient. Perhaps Jack should consider wearing a dress with eyes on it.

"You can call me 'Anchor'."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you, I like them myself. Found 'em in a cave behind a waterfall." She stretches a wing out, the eye in the centre moving around to focus on Anchor. It can see more esoteric things than normal eyes, but Jack's still figuring out how to interpret all that sort of thing. "The dress I bought, with money from the same cave." She got a little statuette there too, but that's just placed next to her bed when she sleeps. She thinks it makes her sleep better.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #67

[Refreshments Golem]

"Wow, you really are dumb about this stuff, huh?" Maph jabs, his tone as playful as ever. "Djinn get bound to tasks. You've got two if 'em. First is powering that contraption. Second is doing party stuff. You got slaved into these tasks by force, so you just need someone strong and clever and adorable enough to break the chain for you."

Maph drapes a leg across his face in mock anguish.

"Oh, if only you could find someone like that to help you!"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dena and company]

Dena wasn't intending to act security, but she would be at the party nonetheless though more as a guest than anything else.
    Her choice of attire very much made this clear as the dress she had picked for the occasion hugged her curves. It seemed she had not picked a costume and just went with a mask, the same one she had worn at the Malechenar party along with its other golden ornaments.

"Bet you a drink that we'll find at least three of your 'friends' here tonight, Tina. You have a way of finding the most attractive people." She tells her +1 of choice. It had been a while since she hanged out with Tina and she was worried this whole curse thing would lead to a depression or something so this felt like a good way to cheer her up.
    [Dena and Company]

Thankfully Fettina seems to be in very good spirits, all the more so due to Dena's invitation. She loved portals. She loved magic and neat things like this in general. And she loved Dena! Especially when Dena is paying her something that sounds mostly like a compliment. "Just simple magnetism, honey. Like to like. Don't you think?"

The angel steps through behind her friend. She's small, slender, with full lips and large eyes. Her hair is getting a little long, falling in an even but curly curtain around her head. Every inch of her body is covered in a shimmering liquid chrome, and her blood runs beneath to show through as a peculiar molten hue. Her similarly alloyed wings are folded at her back. Her dress is... surprisingly reserved. For Tina. It's just extremely short.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #69

Anchor turns her head a little, admiring the wing as it looks at her.
    Hmm. Is she supposed to look at the eye on the wing or the eyes on her face? Luckily the mask pretty much obscures that.
    "So you're a sort of explorer then?" Anchor asks.

Now, as for more esoteric things to see.
    Anchor's shadow is just pretending to be an outline of Anchor caused by optical phenomena. It actually has a life and shape of its own, though it's doing a very good job copying her right now.
    Anchor is a wizard, so there's some spells rattling around in her head, and magical wards around her.
    Anchor is just a earthly manifestation of the personality and mythos of a otherworldly divine being, and arguably isn't a real person at all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Jack would prefer the eyes on her face, since those are her original eyes. The wing-eye just looked at Anchor to prove the wings are functional.

"Yep, urban explorer. Well, mostly. Work sometimes as a tour guide of Inside and environs. Rooftop tours, mainly. You'd be surprised how many really interesting places there are a short vertical distance from the busiest streets that nobody knows about." There's a park she knows that has an infinite diameter, and the rooftops around it have an excellent view of the wilderness. "How about you, what do you do?" She hasn't figured out most of what her eyes show her, just the magical wards. She's getting pretty good at recognising those.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

Anri stares at the little...thing...unimpressed.
    "Yes, and then I'd still be bound to tasks, just not these. I still wouldn't be me. I don't even know if I'd have a body. Why should I take your route instead of just finding someone who can break the curse directly and make me me again?" It doesn't sound like the best option. But it would beat having no free will...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Mercenary

Again, Cantata shakes her head, her dark curls jostling slightly, and thinks for a second before raising a hand to cover half of her masked face. Theres almost a predatory glimmer in her eye as she gestures to the mask before shifting the hand over and gesturing to her skin, trying to get across the nature of her quarry's face.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

13. - Top - End - #73

[Refreshments Golem]

The pooka makes a sputtering noise with his lips.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Thrice bitten and twice shy or what ever. You've had a ton of crazy stuff done to you and you don't want it to be worse," Maph replies, dismissing the objection with a flick of his tail. "You're got a body, all djinn do. You guys are always animaly person shaped. But since you're made of smoke and flame you can get stuffed into stuff. You gotta know about djinn in lamps, right?"

*Tock*

Suddenly he's standing in front of Anri, looking a bit more serious.

"I'll cut you a deal. I can mark you as working for me. All I would ask is that you help people who have been bound against their will if you can. No one will be able to slave you since you're already employed."

There's that grin again.

"Sounds good?"

14. - Top - End - #74

[Dena and company]

"Alright-y then. Its becoming clear that you have much greater powers than I though, Tina-bina. So why don't you use some of that hot magnetism to attract the most attractive people at the party here? Guys, preferably." Dena grins as she gestures out at the party around them. "I mean, I can tell that people are already looking in our direction. Just be careful where you flutter those eyelashes of yours or you might just set someone on fire."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-16 at 06:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Refreshment Golem

Anri looks darkly at the thing. He's tipping his hoof, just a little. He is indicating that he's someone to work for, if nothing else.
    "If it keeps me from being stuffed into lamps, that doesn't sound too bad, no. But I'd want an oath that's all you'd ask of me."

16. - Top - End - #76

[Refreshments Golem]

The Hedley Kow gives Anri a sly look.

"I could have taken advantage of that, but I didn't because I'm trying to make a good impression, not a servant," he warns.

"When you ask for an oath from a faerie be VERY specific about the terms."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

Anri continues to not be pleased with what she's hearing. "Fine, but how then am I supposed to take you at your word that you're just helping out and you're not trying to make me your servant? That I'll come out of this shell as me and not a...whatever it is that you are." she huffs. She doesn't even know what he is! Just some...cute fluffy cow sheep monster thing.

18. - Top - End - #78

NinjaGuy

[Dena and company]

"Please don't, it would make my job ever so much more difficult tonight," says a familiar voice from slightly behind and to the side of them. "I'm distracted enough as it is, and that doesn't count the two pretty ladies in present company."

Electra's smile is warm, beneath the dark blue domino mask. Her hair is still pulled back into an elegant ponytail, but she changed clothes as soon as Lady Arachne's tour concluded, and is now wearing an elegant, dark blue evening gown that's cut daringly low, with a split in the skirt up to her hip. A thick white fur shawl is draped over her shoulders, but it's a bit oddly shaped...and the ends hang as though they're weighted. A small jade bracelet with a jade spider attached is around her left wrist; for those in the know, this is one of the spiders Lady Arachne supplied as ID and comm gear for the MERC members running security tonight. She doesn't seem to be armed, but perhaps her weapons are hidden in her shawl?
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #79

[Refreshments Golem]

"You shouldn't take my word for it. I already said trusting faeries is a stupid thing to do," Maph laughs. "That's why getting a proper oath from me is important. See? Helping. But don't take my word for it."

*Tick*

Now he's seated on the bench like a cat, grinning much like one as well.

"I'm The Hedley Kow, King of Pookas and Bearer of the Sands of Slumber. And if you're one of those black animal style djinn you're ALREADY like me," Maph replies, his tail flicking playfully. "But maybe you're one of the smoky ones or the journeying ones. You've like a box of chocolate! Who knows what you'll get?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

"I'm a hundred percent sure that under this shell I am not a small lamb-cow." she says flatly.
    "I want you to promise me that you will do as you promised: mark me to prevent me from being enslaved by another with your request to help people, but not forcing me into being one of your servants." she says to him.

21. - Top - End - #81

[ Refreshments Golem]

Maph giggles at that. "Djinn are usually just one animal, not a bunch mashed together."

Then?

He gives a little cough.

"It will be as you've said, this I swear.
    On sun and moon,
    On stars and stones,
    May my words endure,
    Though all else fades away."

There's a sense of finality to what he just said. Maph won't be breaking his deal.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Refreshments Golem]

Anri looks at Maph impassively.
    "Well. I guess that's it. See you later, I guess." she says simply.
    "Still don't trust you."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

In an Enclosed Grove Somewhere

The rather unperturbed hostess responds The sigil you entered in will take you back - but there may be more supplies if you state what you need. There's also an electrical system that runs around the edge of the complex that can be used for various effects.

Talking with Choir

Choir may notice a small spider jumps from a nearby bush onto her shoulder, chittering rapidly. If she can understand spider chitter, she'll notice it saying something like "Lost person?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

24. - Top - End - #84

[Refreshments Golem]

"You'll definitely see me later!" Maph giggles. "And you totally shouldn't trust me. That would be colossally stupid."

He isn't joking.

Not even a little bit.

Why would anyone trust him? What a terrible idea.

"Have fun with your whole involuntary enslavement thing, good thing it's just for one night, yeah? I'm gunna to go harass some aelves."

*Tock*

Now he's gone.

Well. Not gone.

['Fae' Lady]

Now he's over there next to one of the aelves. Specifically the one that's bothering 'Melody Raven'.

"Eeeeeeey!" drawls the wily little black puck in a stylized white wolf mask as he trots between the pair, a spring in his step. "How's it going, my fellow faeries? I heard there was some dancing and zero touching going on over here."

[Talking with Choir]

Choir reacted reflexively when something leaped onto her. She moved to toss it away and only just refrained from manifesting some kind of weapon to defend herself with.

She froze when she saw what it was, standing as she was in a half crouch at the edge of violence.

A spider.

Part of the decor.

She straightened slowly as she realized there wasn't any danger. The spider also spoke to her. This didn't strike her as strange. She hadn't ever encountered a spider like this one before, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to speak. It occurs to her that it is odd that she understood its words, but she shouldn't be able to understand human words, either. This place was filled with many mysteries.

"I apologize, I have been attacked before," she stated matter-of-factly. "I am not lost. I intended to be here so as to enjoy the masque party."

That was an accurate statement. She was enjoying the party. There were many curious things to observe.

But was that a normal thing to say? Choir wasn't sure.

The decor wasn't asking anyone else if they were lost. At least none that she had noticed. She checked again, just to be sure. Where were the other decor spiders? Where they jumping on anyone else?

25. - Top - End - #85

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque

[Dancing area]

A shapeshifter A half-elf who goes by Holly is also at the party. She's there as security, because she totally has a MERC license and has one of those obsidian spiders on her mask.

While she would normally be wearing a dress or a skirt, this time she's wearing a button-down shirt and tie, and a tweed suit on top of it. She's got a snazzy gold mask that covers most of the area around her eyes, her forehead, and her left cheekbone - with long black feathers coming out (and the spider, of course, nestled in the feather so it's not really visible).

She's mostly there as security and is, unfortunately, not currently dancing even though she wants to.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-06-17 at 12:25 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #86

Fade has come here for his security duty, but as told he was asked to keep a low profile. So he picks up a fine suit instead of his normal rags and his scarf got replaced by a Venetian Bauta Knight Mask. The Obsidian spider that identifies him as a security guard is hidden well in his pocket.
    Arthes and Cantata draw his attention as they appear to avoid the other security, but other then keeping an eye on them from futher away Fade won't make any moves.

-----------

The green scaled man might draw a bit attention from the security as he appears to look around everywhere like he is searching something. Indeed he is, because he is on a secret mission none know. What will Agent 00FF00 find?

-----------

The woman with the gold/silver masks stands at the snackbar wondering what to take or maybe asking herself if it doesn't have to many sugar in it?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Perhaps one of these ladies comes across the woman in the king's mask as she stares in fascination at the mechanical drider. She's trying to figure out how it works and might inadvertently bump into someone waiting in line for a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Anri would be very hurt to be referred to as an "it" despite her slightly-glowing magitech body. There's no loud moving parts or signs of electrical power. Nor is there any sound of sloshing when she moves despite the amount of liquid her body would have to be carrying to fuel all the taps built into her chassis.

But if the lady in the mask does not voice her questions, she'll simply be served a drink with a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Gawking

Isn't she fun? The suited woman will find next to herself the first two women described here. The shorter woman leans in close as she continues, dropping down into a faux whisper that the drider can almost certainly hear. What do you think she is, really? Bit of a strange shape for a golem. The tall woman with her rolls her eyes, reaching out to place a hand on the suited woman's shoulder as she speaks. Don't let her stir you up. I am Saffir, and this is Tanwen Merrick. Both Tanwen and Saffir look to the other woman, the faintest tinge of something in their eyes. Introduce yourself. What's the worst that can happen?

((Hey Firefox these two gals are fae and if she gives them her full name, accepts a gift from them, or thanks them, they can bully her in various ways.))
    [Ghawking]

The brunette in the hawk mask does bump into the woman in the king's mask. Not because she was waiting in line for a beer, but simply passing by herself. Except instead of properly watching where she was going, she was staring at the spider beer golem. Quite a sight, that. Still that leaves her in the awkward position of having bumped into someone.

"Oh, my sincerest apologies. I was... admiring." It's the nicest way to put it. The woman seems about to extrapolate and reaffirm how bad she felt when two troublemakers show up and introduce themselves. They seem pretty intent on the one she bumped into. Maybe she should slide away now unnoticed?

"Ah. My name's Haruhi," she says, at least introducing herself as well out of courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon and Dove]

The blonde woman might cross path with a slender man wearing a slim red-and-purple costume and an elaborate mask of a horned dragon. He also has a tail, which doesn't seem to be part of the costume.

"Splendid party, is it not? The people of the Nexus always know how to organize a celebration."
    [Dragon and Dove]

"They certainly do. It's a shame there's so many. It makes it difficult to get work done." The blonde woman turns to slender man with a charming smile and an elegant curtsey.

"Xunafae."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-06-17 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque - all visitors welcome

Arriving

Felandria is now arriving, her long red hair flowing.

She is wearing an elegant suit, with jacket, vest and pants.

Spoiler
    Show

She is also wearing the domino mask Magtok gave her, she looks around, seeking refreshments and interesting company, not necessarily in that order.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

"Fae" Lady

"I..." Sekhmet starts to reply, but then someone pops up by her. "Eep! Who are you?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Jack would prefer the eyes on her face, since those are her original eyes. The wing-eye just looked at Anchor to prove the wings are functional.

"Yep, urban explorer. Well, mostly. Work sometimes as a tour guide of Inside and environs. Rooftop tours, mainly. You'd be surprised how many really interesting places there are a short vertical distance from the busiest streets that nobody knows about." There's a park she knows that has an infinite diameter, and the rooftops around it have an excellent view of the wilderness. "How about you, what do you do?" She hasn't figured out most of what her eyes show her, just the magical wards. She's getting pretty good at recognising those.
    Amazing!
    It does seem, from how the skull tilts back, that she's looking to Jack's face again.
    "I probably would be surprised. What's one of the most interesting places up on the roofs, to you? Anchor asks.

"I'm a medical researcher at the Good League of Good, and sometimes I go out adventuring, you know, slaying demons and unearthing old artifacts and that kind of thing." And she does other things, but they're a bit abstract to get into in early conversation at a party.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine