Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque

[Tall People Dancing]

Okay.
    Dancing.
    Leading.
    She puts out her hands so they can begin dancing.
    It's been a long time since she's done this.
    Like, what, three hundred years? or something.
    Sure, she's danced but she's talking about being the leading partner. Oh, wait, there was that one time nearly three decades ago, but that was just for fun and it didn't really matter anyway, but...seriously? it's really been that long?
    Okay, right, so her arms need to be stiff enough for Fel to be able to feel what she's going to do before she does it, but not so stiff that it looks stiff.
    Not to mention, it's her responsibility to make sure they're moving in the right direction at each beat.
    Plus, the footwork and all the other body movements to make sure it doesn't look stiff; and being the shorter person doing the leading doesn't really help either.

Holly the Half-ElfTM mentally berates herself for not keeping up on these important life-skills.

As the dancing continues, she slowly gets better and better as she remembers what sorts of things she ought to be doing as the lead. It's slowly coming back.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque - all visitors welcome!

[Dena and Company]

Fettina, of course, watches Fayyaad and Xunafae too. She leans conspiratorially toward the other ladies. "Okay, now I'm jealous. Who is she?" She doesn't make it clear who she's jealous of.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #183

NinjaGuy

[Dena and Company]

Electra chuckles to herself.

"We really should work together more often, Dena," she says, in a manner that's hard to tell if she's serious or teasing. "I'm not about to disclose all of the measures at my disposal, but suffice to say, this isn't my first rodeo with these sorts of gigs, after all."

She eyes Fettina for a moment, following the angel's gaze and raises an eyebrow. "Just another guest, dear."

[AROUND AND EVERYWHERE]

Some of the more observant party goers might notice some larger spiders that move in the background amidst the smaller ones. The way they move is slightly different from the other spiders, and there's at least one near or around every entry and exit point to the party floor. They seem to have their own agendas, as well, moving from place to place on occasion, but they're easy to lose in the background. The most observant might realize they're not natural spiders, but they fade well enough into the background that they shouldn't bother anyone.

[Spy On]

Only one of the obvious guards seems to be watching the "Personnel Only" door, and his attention isn't full on it, since he has to watch that entire area. The spy should have several opportunities to try to sneak in, but there may be other, hidden guards watching. It would be foolish not to have such security, after all.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon and Dove]

Xunafae slips around Fayyaad, seeking to take his waist in her hands, softly leaning into his back where she can whisper in his ear. She maintains a steady, sensuous sway as they follow the music with a completely different tempo now.

"That's good. Then you'd know it quite well. This is the most everyday dancing one can think of. The historical first. Some view it as too common. But experienced dancers such as yourself surely know just how much more there is to learn. To refine. To explore." Her movements, the touch of her skin, the gentle heat of her breath upon his ear all suggest exactly what Fayyaad can explore.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-06-27 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snakes And Goblin And Elephant]

”Yeah, sorry. I uh...good luck?” Isaac really doesn’t believe this lady’s weird excuse. Reading at a party is still weird. And this is coming from Isaac.

[Talking with Anri]

Anri is all smiles and politeness to the customers, except the one who earns a scathing,
    ”Eyes up here, buddy.” which sends him scuttling away, face flushed.

”No, that would be a new development because of the new chassis. One I plan on reconciling as quickly as possible.” she answers to Choir’s question.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

[Snakes And Goblin And Elephant]

"Uh, yeah. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful," Iknika says, equally bewildered.

[Dragon and Dove]

Fayyaad struggles to maintain even breathing. Even if he weren't here on a job, this is much more forward than he'd expect so early in the evening. He's never been one for long flirting or courting, but this is very quick. Even so, he'd probably play along with this incredibly sensual woman if he didn't have a task in front of him tonight. Maybe later...

"I know the kind of dancing you speak of, my lady. As enticing as it is... the night is still young, and I would hate to miss the rest of the party."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #187

[Snakes and Goblin and Elephant]

Awen sighs. "Oh, well," she says. "Thanks anyway."

"Good luck with your endeavor." She smiles and turns to look for a place to read in a position comfortable for someone with a broken rib.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

['Fae' Lady]

Maph replies to the aelf's totally insincere compliment with a sputtery noise.

"Pfft. Modern? Hardly. I'm old as sand. I've been playing this role seems like forever, but HEY! I really enjoy it! So why shake up a good thing if I'm not bored with it yet?" the pooka replies with a wide, cheshire grin. "Oh! And speaking of shaking, when's that dancing going to happen?"

Preemptively, he begins waggling his hips and swaying his long tail back and forth like a playful cat.

And in that swaying he almost, but not quite, bumps into Sekhmet.

"Midnight Magpie or whatever it was? C'mon! Get movin' you'll have more fun that way."

[Talking to Anri]

Choir continued to listen.

And to observe.

"How do you intend to accomplish this?" she asked.

It seemed like a very difficult task to her, especially since humans normally didn't switch bodies.

If they were like her, many who acted as one thanks to communion, then this situation would be trivial. But then, if this former? human were her, then there wouldn't be a problem.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dena and Company]

Fettina, of course, watches Fayyaad and Xunafae too. She leans conspiratorially toward the other ladies. "Okay, now I'm jealous. Who is she?" She doesn't make it clear who she's jealous of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Dena and Company]

"We really should work together more often, Dena," she says, in a manner that's hard to tell if she's serious or teasing. "I'm not about to disclose all of the measures at my disposal, but suffice to say, this isn't my first rodeo with these sorts of gigs, after all."

She eyes Fettina for a moment, following the angel's gaze and raises an eyebrow. "Just another guest, dear."

[Dena and Company]

Dena throws another glance at Fayyaad and Xunafae and looks puzzled for a moment. "You know, I got no clue either." She shakes her head. "And here I thought I knew everyone that would attend a party like this."
    Dena gestures at Electra. "But considering your job Electra, no one is 'just another guest' are they now?" She raises her eyebrows. "Why don't you come back to me and Tina with a report of who this mysterious guest really is?" Dena lightly pokes her elbow into Tina. "What should Electra find out about her, huh? Give her a difficult mission here. You know how capable she is."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-29 at 06:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

[At the Finger-Friendly Food]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "And you never assumed 'bipeds' no each other?" Mia replies. It's mostly the case that those thoughts are shared by both sides.
    "We are just the most common kind in many worlds. You could allways throw a 3 leg+ party."
    "No." smirks the spider (whose name is 'Mark of Seven Hundred Swords Upheld', or '700' for short (not 'Mark', that's silly)).
    "It's easy to think, seeing you swarm around your cities, but no. I've been all over, I know how humans work."

Jack & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I've gone to clubs and rooftop parties and things like that, mainly. Not the same kind of dancing." More free-for-all wiggling to the music, sometimes with a partner but as often alone. She appreciates the dance's simplicity, and has quite good time. She's light on her feet, and her wings help balance. Not as in-time as Anchor, and she's letting Anchor lead so she can mimic her partner's movements.
    Of course she's going to lead the dance. Even if Jack is taller, she's just disclaimed her dancing experience.
    "You're pretty good. I mean, not that I expected anything else. I can't say I've ever been to a rooftop party-" If she's on a rooftop, it's to get across the rooftop, or maybe to chase someone on one. "But you seem to take to this pretty easily."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Anchor

"I'm copying you, mainly. And I spend a lot of times on roofs, which rewards agility." The clumsy should avoid rooftops, unless they've got a guaranteed way to avoid hitting the ground if they slip. "You should come to one, some time. The music tends to be loud, the people... Unusual, the dancing gets you hot but the night air's cool so you can go and cool down." Earl has not been to any such party, as Earl does not have a guaranteed way to avoid hitting the ground. And tends to be a little asocial, as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"Fae" Lady

Sekhmet starts as the pooka gets close to her. "I never said I would dance." Still, she's doing it now, not very well. It's not the sort of dancing she's accustomed to, the little practice she's had is more suited to a formal ballroom.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Tall People Dancing]

Okay.
    Dancing.
    Leading.
    She puts out her hands so they can begin dancing.
    It's been a long time since she's done this.
    Like, what, three hundred years? or something.
    Sure, she's danced but she's talking about being the leading partner. Oh, wait, there was that one time nearly three decades ago, but that was just for fun and it didn't really matter anyway, but...seriously? it's really been that long?
    Okay, right, so her arms need to be stiff enough for Fel to be able to feel what she's going to do before she does it, but not so stiff that it looks stiff.
    Not to mention, it's her responsibility to make sure they're moving in the right direction at each beat.
    Plus, the footwork and all the other body movements to make sure it doesn't look stiff; and being the shorter person doing the leading doesn't really help either.

Holly the Half-ElfTM mentally berates herself for not keeping up on these important life-skills.

As the dancing continues, she slowly gets better and better as she remembers what sorts of things she ought to be doing as the lead. It's slowly coming back.
    Felandria, for her part, is able to keep up with Holly without too much effort.

I haven’t danced like this in a while, it’s quite nice.

Are you having a good time?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #194

[Tall People Dancing]

Oh, shoot, wait, she has to talk at the same time as dancing. Holly had forgotten that she had to do this, too.

Her dancing skills take a brief dip while she tries to adjust to having to listen, talk, and dance simultaneously; but, as before, she quickly remembers it and adjusts.

"Yes," she says.

Beat.
    It's hard enough to keep to the rhythm without trying to talk off-rhythm, that Holly ends up punctuating her sentence to the beats of the music.

"It's been a while since I last partner-danced," she says. "It's fun, and I am remembering how to do it, but it's still hard."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #195

Jack & Anchor

"I'm copying you, mainly. And I spend a lot of times on roofs, which rewards agility." The clumsy should avoid rooftops, unless they've got a guaranteed way to avoid hitting the ground if they slip. "You should come to one, some time. The music tends to be loud, the people... Unusual, the dancing gets you hot but the night air's cool so you can go and cool down." Earl has not been to any such party, as Earl does not have a guaranteed way to avoid hitting the ground. And tends to be a little asocial, as well.
    I'm sure Anchor has a spell for not falling to her doom.
    "You should bring me along next time. But will I meet anyone unusual in the same way as you?"
    Jack's probably pretty unique.

As the song comes to an end, she holds a hand out to Jack.
    "Want to try something faster?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Anchor

"Oh, um, no, I don't think there would be anyone quite like me. Though the Nexus is a big place, and there may be someone else from the Clattering in Inside now, I doubt they'd have the same wings like me." She's a little surprised Anchor would consider going to a rooftop party; she didn't think Anchor would be the kind of person interested in that kind of party, because she looks really classy in that flame dress.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dena and Company]

"She's a babe!" Says Fettina, perhaps deliberately not commenting on the comparable bodaciousness of her current company to try and make them jealous. She looks a little wicked when Dena starts in about a report.

The chrome gal snaps her fingers. "Yea, chop chop Electra! You should know this stuff already! You should find out..." She narrows her gaze. "...Where she gets her clothes from. Be detailed now. It's got me all a'shiver and I wanna buy from them."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon and Dove]

Fayyaad struggles to maintain even breathing. Even if he weren't here on a job, this is much more forward than he'd expect so early in the evening. He's never been one for long flirting or courting, but this is very quick. Even so, he'd probably play along with this incredibly sensual woman if he didn't have a task in front of him tonight. Maybe later...

"I know the kind of dancing you speak of, my lady. As enticing as it is... the night is still young, and I would hate to miss the rest of the party."
    [Dragon and Dove]

Xunafae slips around Fayyaad's other side, performing a little spin as she brushes her soft, warm body along his arm. Facing him once more, she smiles though there's an edge of disappointment in it. "Of course. Just remember, that youth is fleeting. The precariousness, fragile nature of life expounds the dangers of delays."

"But enough of that," She says, not willing to press more than she has. "What is it that you do Mr. Tanin?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-07-01 at 01:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

[Tall People Dancing]

Oh, shoot, wait, she has to talk at the same time as dancing. Holly had forgotten that she had to do this, too.

Her dancing skills take a brief dip while she tries to adjust to having to listen, talk, and dance simultaneously; but, as before, she quickly remembers it and adjusts.

"Yes," she says.

Beat.
    It's hard enough to keep to the rhythm without trying to talk off-rhythm, that Holly ends up punctuating her sentence to the beats of the music.

"It's been a while since I last partner-danced," she says. "It's fun, and I am remembering how to do it, but it's still hard."
    Well, you’re doing great.

I just hope I’m not too much of a drag.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Tall People Dancing]

Holly keeps on dancing.

"No, you're not, not really," she says. "I'm probably the one dragging you back."

Suddenly, a thought comes to mind. She's been so worried about dancing right that she hasn't been looking down watching her feet. "Er...a question. When you're this high up, how do you avoid accidentally stepping on or kicking people?"

[In search of a quieter place]

Awen, the lady with snakes as part of her messy hair, continues her quest in search of a place to read.
    She specifically avoids anywhere with dancing, because what would happen if somebody sneaks up on her and asks her to dance?!? Then she'd be forced to do it and it would be too painful.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talking with Anri]

Anri looks away from Choir, annoyed.
    "I'll need outside help. Someone has already offered, but I don't trust him. I don't know if I'll accept his help yet." She admits that this is a very complicated issue. It wouldn't do to make rash decisions and end up worse than she started.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"No." smirks the spider (whose name is 'Mark of Seven Hundred Swords Upheld', or '700' for short (not 'Mark', that's silly)).
    "It's easy to think, seeing you swarm around your cities, but no. I've been all over, I know how humans work."

MoSHSU or maybe Moschu? Sound far better then 700, because its jist 2.3333333 times of 300 XD

Mia just smiles friendly.
    "I would never say that about me, or at least not in General." she says. "Humans can be everything. From a Hero to a villian from wise to dumnp or whatever. Thei most significant part is to be so adaptive they can manage near every kind of magic or other skills." She makes a short break.
    "Does your kind have a living place in the nexus or are you new to the Nexus?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Dena and Company]

[Spy On]

Only one of the obvious guards seems to be watching the "Personnel Only" door, and his attention isn't full on it, since he has to watch that entire area. The spy should have several opportunities to try to sneak in, but there may be other, hidden guards watching. It would be foolish not to have such security, after all.
    [Spy On]

Agent C isn't an amature. Just one guard with less attention? this shouts for secret cameras or such. Which on the other hand means he is right here. He takes a good look around making sure the guard looks away and most other guards. The right when he is sure its safe he opens the door just a little bit. A moment later he is gone. He didn't go through the door yet but in some way he disapeared? On a closer look you can see him in his true stuffed animal form, which steps through the small opened door. Let's hope that trick confused any watching guard.

Awen, the lady with snakes as part of her messy hair, continues her quest in search of a place to read.
    She specifically avoids anywhere with dancing, because what would happen if somebody sneaks up on her and asks her to dance?!? Then she'd be forced to do it and it would be too painful.

A man in a suit appears to follow her. Fade has thought this one is suspicciouse. Because aren't people here to sozialize and danceHe's not trying the hardest to hide, maybe he wants to dance? XD
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-07-02 at 02:35 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

[Tall People Dancing]

Holly keeps on dancing.

"No, you're not, not really," she says. "I'm probably the one dragging you back."

Suddenly, a thought comes to mind. She's been so worried about dancing right that she hasn't been looking down watching her feet. "Er...a question. When you're this high up, how do you avoid accidentally stepping on or kicking people?"

Felandria smiles

Honestly, it’s not as hard as you’d think.

I mean, it’s not like everyone else is too much smaller, and most that are small enough tend to know enough to avoid such a situation.

I mean, as tempted as some might be, they try to avoid getting too close to my legs.

I will admit it took a little getting used to, but now I can barely remember any other way.

24. - Top - End - #204

Awen notices Fade.

After walking for a bit longer, she then turns her head briefly to double check and see with her own eyes that he appears to be following her. Oh no! What if he does want to dance? That would either be really awkward or painful, so not something she wants to experience.
    She then slightly speeds up, trying to lose him or make him give up.

...She doesn't speed too much, though, because...ow. She needs to remember to keep her breathing shallow.

Actually, maybe it's a coincidence after all? She needs to confirm. The witch spots a grove set aside for not-dancing, and she bee-lines to it. Upon entering the grove, she quickly turns to the right and hides behind its hedge, waiting for him - waiting if he shows up.

If he shows up, walking through the entrance to that grove, then she'll suddenly step out from the hedge, clear her throat, and ask in as gruff a voice as she can manage right now: "Hey. What are you doing?"

[Tall People Dancing]

The swing dancing to the music continues. Dancing like this fits both the theme of the party and the upbeat nature of the song the spiders are playing, so I presume the dancing they're doing is similar. (Albeit, simpler because Holly's not quite that good.)

"It's gotta be annoying, though, having to wear pants and shorts all the time," Holly says. Fun fact: she almost exclusively wears skirts and dresses; this is probably the first time in a while she's worn pants.

Plus, the half-human imagines trying to go shopping for clothes that fit. Big and Tall store? Are they even big enough there?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon and Dove]

"I'm an adventurer, for the most part," "Tanin" says, truthfully. "Not a very grand or famous one, but I manage. A career in dancing has eluded me thus far."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #206

Jack & Anchor
    "Oh, um, no, I don't think there would be anyone quite like me. Though the Nexus is a big place, and there may be someone else from the Clattering in Inside now, I doubt they'd have the same wings like me." She's a little surprised Anchor would consider going to a rooftop party; she didn't think Anchor would be the kind of person interested in that kind of party, because she looks really classy in that flame dress.
    "That's too bad. I mean, they really are wonderful wings." Makes Jack stand out from the other Clattering not-birds.
    The classy dress and formal dancing are, much like the literal mask, for this party. Anchor wouldn't admit them as part of 'who she is'.
    "I love the outfits people have at places like this, but otherwise? The formality, the pomp, it's all a bit much. Don't you think?"
    If Jack keeps on dancing, she may find her shadows no longer perfectly matching her movements; rather, they would seem to be shadows cast by a version of her who's a bit of a better dancer, and is taking the lead role.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    MoSHSU or maybe Moschu? Sound far better then 700, because its jist 2.3333333 times of 300 XD

Mia just smiles friendly.
    "I would never say that about me, or at least not in General." she says. "Humans can be everything. From a Hero to a villian from wise to dumnp or whatever. Thei most significant part is to be so adaptive they can manage near every kind of magic or other skills." She makes a short break.
    "Does your kind have a living place in the nexus or are you new to the Nexus?"
    It's 300+300+100, and that's important.

Moschu bobs agreeingly.
    "Seems like lots of them don't know what to be, though."

"Our Nexus holdings are in a great forest east of the Inside-City. We mostly come here for our work. But with Arachne throwing this party, I thought I'd come by."
    "And are you from this world?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Anchor

Jack blushes when she's complimented, and smiles back. She notices the shadow's movement, with an eye in her wing. But those are always showing really weird things, so she ignores it. "Oh, I certainly do. But it makes a nice change from the usual kind of party I attend, with no dress code and much louder music. And this one's not being hosted by fae, which is even better." She subconsciously runs her thumb over the bare skin where a finger used to be, before a faerie bit it off.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon and Dove]

"I'm an adventurer, for the most part," "Tanin" says, truthfully. "Not a very grand or famous one, but I manage. A career in dancing has eluded me thus far."
    [Dragon and Dove]

"Adventurer?" Xunafae says with a frown. "What a horribly misleading synonym for unemployed."
    Well.
    Ok then.

"If you're hired out by others, you're a mercenary. But if you take it upon yourself to travel forth and loot, you're a raider, plunderer, or graverobber. There really is no such thing as an adventurer outside of overly romanticized media depictions." She certainly has no trouble speaking her mind.

Despite this, she doesn't appear to think any less of Tanin. "Were you hoping for a career in dancing? You certainly seem skilled enough."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-07-03 at 12:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

[Tall People Dancing]

The swing dancing to the music continues. Dancing like this fits both the theme of the party and the upbeat nature of the song the spiders are playing, so I presume the dancing they're doing is similar. (Albeit, simpler because Holly's not quite that good.)

"It's gotta be annoying, though, having to wear pants and shorts all the time," Holly says. Fun fact: she almost exclusively wears skirts and dresses; this is probably the first time in a while she's worn pants.

Plus, the half-human imagines trying to go shopping for clothes that fit. Big and Tall store? Are they even big enough there?
    Not really, besides, if I wanna wear a skirt or a dress, I can always wear bike shorts underneath.

30. - Top - End - #210

Spoiler
    Show

Awen notices Fade.

After walking for a bit longer, she then turns her head briefly to double check and see with her own eyes that he appears to be following her. Oh no! What if he does want to dance? That would either be really awkward or painful, so not something she wants to experience.
    She then slightly speeds up, trying to lose him or make him give up.

...She doesn't speed too much, though, because...ow. She needs to remember to keep her breathing shallow.

Actually, maybe it's a coincidence after all? She needs to confirm. The witch spots a grove set aside for not-dancing, and she bee-lines to it. Upon entering the grove, she quickly turns to the right and hides behind its hedge, waiting for him - waiting if he shows up.

If he shows up, walking through the entrance to that grove, then she'll suddenly step out from the hedge, clear her throat, and ask in as gruff a voice as she can manage right now: "Hey. What are you doing?"

[Tall People Dancing]

She should easily take note that he follows since his shadow is cast through the entrance befor he can go trhough it. Strangly he doesn't appear suprised that this person is jumping out from a hiding spot. In a calm emotionless voice nearly like a machiine he speaks up.

"I was wondering if I could help you?" he replies. "You appear to search for something and avoid socialize with others. That appears a bit out of place don't you think?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Jack & Anchor

"That's too bad. I mean, they really are wonderful wings." Makes Jack stand out from the other Clattering not-birds.
    The classy dress and formal dancing are, much like the literal mask, for this party. Anchor wouldn't admit them as part of 'who she is'.
    "I love the outfits people have at places like this, but otherwise? The formality, the pomp, it's all a bit much. Don't you think?"
    If Jack keeps on dancing, she may find her shadows no longer perfectly matching her movements; rather, they would seem to be shadows cast by a version of her who's a bit of a better dancer, and is taking the lead role.

It's 300+300+100, and that's important.

Moschu bobs agreeingly.
    "Seems like lots of them don't know what to be, though."

"Our Nexus holdings are in a great forest east of the Inside-City. We mostly come here for our work. But with Arachne throwing this party, I thought I'd come by."
    "And are you from this world?"

"No, I'm not" she replies. " But then I'm a bit different from usual outsiders. I was send here on purpose and didn't arrive here by accident."

"A forest?" she replies a little suprised. "That explains why I haven't seen so much of you around. I don't go into any forest much, they are just not our territory."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-07-03 at 03:23 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK