The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 234
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC


    The moon rises tonight. Full, hanging heavy in the sky over Gorn. Sometimes, when you find a quiet moment, or lose yourself staring into the fire, you wonder how it is you ended up here. The flickering flames hold no answers for you, nor does the pale face of the mistress of the night. Still, your mind wanders, for you're only human.

    With the coming of darkness, you hear the sounds you've grown familiar with begin. The voices of children fade as the deeper calls of their parents rise, both giving way to silence. Shutters clatter as they close, and the creaking, grumbling of the market dies down for the night to take up her mantle. With the clatter of steel, a guard shoos away a cat, which slinks off into an alley with some unfortunate prey. Rat or mouse, you can't tell, and there's no real way for you to figure out. Still, your mind wanders.

    The chitter of rodents scurrying in the roof over your head carries well tonight. The sounds of the night almost ring in your ears. Be they neighbors, fellows staying at the same tavern, or the same guard down the road, yawning. Human sounds. The sounds of a city. In some fashion, a revolt against the night sky, and the silence she is meant to bring. The silence of the night.

    Your mind turns from it's darker train of thought, and as easily as you slipped into your thoughtful trance tonight, you snap out - for a brief moment you flinch, thinking you're under attack by spell or sorcery, that they have finally caught up to you. But you can hear your breath. You can hear the faintest whistle of the wind through the town streets. But you do not hear the sounds of life that populated the air a few moments ago. This is no spell of silence.

    The silence of the grave permeates the air, and the stillness and calm you felt but a few moments ago now hang heavy. The moon is pale anathema in the sky, harsh and grating, it's gentle cloak of light now an insult to the harshness of night.

    You hear the rats around you shuffle in unison. In the roof, the alley, the floorboards. You hear the pitter-patter of their feet when they turn as one to face to the east. You can't help but turn too. Towards the loch.

    You feel the presence. The eyes bore two holes into your skull as coals, leaving the taste of metal in your mouth and crimson afterimages. And with that, the moment passes.

    The town breathes again. The moon's pale face is serene among the stars. The hubbub of night returns, and your moment of thought is lost. But not before one sound stands out to you. To the east, the clatter of metal on stone. The sharp intake of a painful breath, and a smell you hate, a smell you're far too familiar with. The scent of the dead on the wind in a quiet town.

    Soon after, the sounds of fighting break out.

    Spoiler: "Double Thrust" Devon
    Show
    The Bald Spot. Aptly named, the establishment is a watering hole for all types of unpleasant customers. Located on the edge of the docks, crammed between two warehouses, the inn is a narrow place that relies on growth in height to make up for the minimal floor space. This leads to an interesting layout for the main floor, with a classic set of tables and the like, then a small staircase leading to an extended level on stilts right above the ground floor. This second level of tables and chairs runs around the inside, making a sort of indoor balcony on three sides that looks down towards the bar. This thinner upper level is populated with folk who look like they value their privacy and whatever is beneath their cloaks quite a bit, so you stay below, keeping to yourself. You're fairly certain the drinks are watered down, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality.

    For you, the oppressive presence is much thicker in the air than for the others. The complete stop in the whispers and nattering of a bar like this is one of the most unsettling things you've ever experienced. Something unnatural is happening, and the other patrons seem to lean along the same lines. A Drow sailor on the bar stands and openly grips his scimitar, leading to a dozen other hands falling to hips. Some look more nervous than others, and it seems no one has the guts to break the new tense silence of the bar.

    A fellow in chain crashes through the door, stumbling two steps, then falls to the ground, dead. His killer trails behind him. Tall, towering almost, but human. Dark of skin and eye, with black robes that fall too perfectly around him, sticking to muscle and revealing glimpses of power underneath. He flicks a crimson spray off his hand and looks directly at you. The weight of his gaze is terrible. Your mouth dries, and you find yourself unable to look away. You can recognize the supernatural when it lays eyes on you. His gaze breaks off, and with a smile, he points at the Street Spear guard pooling in his own blood on the floor. His voice is deep, melodious and perfect. "That was their scout. Best of luck." He turns and leaves, the door closes, and chaos breaks out in the bar as swords are finally drawn.
    "What the f*ck was that!"
    "I'm getting out of here!"
    "Hell if you're running. You could be one of theirs. You're staying right here with me, bastard."
    The gristly old dragonborn at the bar pays no heed to the sudden chaos and accusations flying about. He pulls a series of shuttered bars down from the ceiling above to the bar, quickly locking it and disappearing out of sight.
    Despite the chaos, you see the trio attempting to sneak up on you, the imprints of weapons underneath their cloaks and murder in their eyes. Your quiet night of surveillance has been turned upside-down.


    Spoiler: Arsnic
    Show
    It was a decent day of trade, if a little slow. You sold some ingredients, and a potion to soothe the aches of a child who broke a bone playing. Others come in and out of your store over the course of the day, some semi-regulars, others new. The lack of change may be getting to you. Your homunculus hovers nearby, often your only company for the day. That is the case once more. The most exciting thing to happen was a bulk purchase by a Street Spear earlier in the day. A variety of items, and enough materials to make potions for a squad of men. A tidy profit.
    As you lock your store up and begin walking the streets, you watch a series of guards march past you, on the double, towards the docks. As soon as they round the corner and you are alone once more, the silence hits, and the eyes bore into you. Unlike with the others, they linger in your mind's eye a while longer.
    Nightshade. An Amnatia mushroom. Milk of dandelion.
    That shouldn't make anything you know of. So why does it come to mind now?
    Bloodroot. Wolf's heart. Axe-leaf.
    You rack your brains, attempting to come up with the solution to the puzzle, something that should be within your grasp. Your homunculus -Shade- flits about you, your worry bleeding through to it. And be it chance or fate, another ingredient comes to mind, spoken in a voice not your own - but the solution is worth more than a question that can be answered another time.
    Frenzy. To froth the blood and dull the senses.
    Then the sounds of the fighting to the east begin, and the eyes in your mind are gone.
    Shade lands heavily on your shoulder looking intently to the east, then expectantly at you. If only he could speak.


    Spoiler: Billy "Meerkat" the Kid
    Show
    You've been trying to find a mercenary job in town, hanging about one of the establishments near the market in the hopes whoever is hiring comes by with a need for someone besides one of those damn Street Spears. They swallow up all the work, all the contracts. Those not in your line of work don't realize this, but they still take on other jobs along with their work as guards. And since they're already trusted, few others find the opportunity to put some money in their hands - or paws.
    As dusk approaches, you start to despair for the chance at decent work, and your thoughts turn to other ways to make money. There's rich pockets elsewhere in town. You pause, your ears picking up the stamp of boots on the ground. More boots than are necessary this time of night, in this quiet, stable part of town.
    You slip into the shadows, as your instincts demand, and watch the squad of Spears looking to the sky. They seem intent, focused, each grasping in his hands a potion, red as blood. They tilt their heads back as one and drink, slipping the glass away and suddenly beginning to move.
    Then the silence hits. The men move, making no sound on the cobbled stone, heading east, towards the dock.
    Your sharp nose picks up the scent of blood. Not on the wind - on the men. Their eyes are deranged, odd. Their movements erratic, jerky.
    Where there's combat, there's loot.


    Spoiler: Japeth
    Show
    It's been a while since he came calling. Longer than usual. The longest break yet, in fact. For the first time, you start to feel the edges of hunger in you as you walk the streets. Not for the sweet ingredients in your hands. Fresh apple, sugar something of a luxury. Butter and flour from the farms, carried along with the rest in a simple burlap sack, a promise for home. But what gnaws at you is deeper than that, pulling from inside and demanding the bl- you shake the thought off, focusing on the relief of dusk from the unusually harsh glare of the sun today.
    Then the utter silence. You pause, rifling through vague familiarity. Is that him? You've never felt his eyes like that before, coals.
    You catch yourself salivating at that smell. Death. Blood and viscera. And the call of power, the lingering echos of a creature of the night. The longsword at your hip feels tempting. Safe. The roads are empty, but you recognize the signs of a vampire to the east, by the docks. By the Loch.
    The scent of blood. The need for blood, is almost overwhelming. Is it calling you? Is he calling you?
    Some dim part of your mind calls to warn you about your wife, your mother, your son. But what is that before your Lord?
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2019-06-11 at 12:01 PM.
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Frenzy...it's the answer, but what's the question? Arsnic muses to himself before he's suddenly interrupted by what sounds like the splintering of a shield off to the east. He turns his attention eastward and stands tall. Arsnic was slender, but not particularly so for a High Elf. He was of modest size, standing 6' and waying around a buck fifty. His hair was brown, cut short so as to avoid accidents in his lab. His ice blue eyes shimmered in the moonlight, and while he carried a longbow about on his back, he appeared to move seamlessly. A small green winged creature lands on his shoulder and gives him an anxious look.

    It's just the Docks, Shade. We don't have time for... The noise grows for a moment, the sound of something breaking on the street...perhaps a barrel being broken? There was no way to tell. Arsnic was no stranger to the amount of ruckus that took place towards the docks, and he typically paid little mind - but this seemed...prolonged, and it was unusual to see a patrol of street guards marching that direction this late, and at a brisk pace at that.

    Something's not right.

    Arsnic's gaze leaves Shade, and turns to the east...to the Docks. Shade takes a small leap up, and with a short flap of his wings hovers above. Arsnic slips into the shadows, and while he's no trained assassin, he appears fluent in the art of remaining hidden.

    As he makes his way towards the Docks, Arsnic makes a mental note, Frenzy, I'll need to acquire some. I don't think I have any at the shop. He feels his long bow on his back, as though it were a 3rd extension of his body, an upper extremity to itself. Shade hovers high, keeping to the darkness when able, watching above his creator. Something felt off about this night, about these noises. His attention zeroed in on what he approached, alert to sounds, smells. Trouble was the last thing he needed at this point..
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-10 at 07:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Caught between two oaths, Japheth freezes. In a fit of decision paralysis, he wracks his brain for some clue as to which blood he should concern himself with... His family or his Lord?
    Then, he remembers. He always sends a messenger first...
    With that, he clears his head and nods. If he were called, there would be a message at home. He moves swiftly towards his family. Swift, but not careless. He doesnít go so fast that he loses track of his surroundings... Or that tempting smell of gore.

    Upon reaching his house and finding nothing out of the ordinary, he stows the results of his purchase in the pantry and double-checks the lock on his front door. His house was well-kept, though modest. Everything was in order, and there wasnít a single potential messenger in sight... That doesnít bode well. Time to move.
    Japheth makes his way towards the docks.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-06-11 at 11:09 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Billy crouches low to get the scent clearly. He re-applies the mud to his paws and smears some across his brow. Quickly before the scent is lost he dashes to the docks, finding an inconspicuous place to watch the fray before he decides to involve or not.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-06-10 at 11:21 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Once the presence faded, and he could breathe again, Devon could feel the dampness of cold sweat running down his spine; his muscles were tense, adrenaline pumping in his blood, and like many others he too had reflexively gripped the hilt of his weapon.

    Wha-

    But it wasn't over yet. He had thought that burning stare had fallen on everyone; when the mysterious man (though, was it really one?) addressed him specifically, after throwing the dead Street Spear inside the tavern, he had to consider the possibility that, for whatever reason, the presence hadn't been gazing at the city, but at him.

    He shuddered, driving away the memories of the only other time he had faced such a scary and unsettling unknown, then cleared his mind and glanced at the approaching trio with the corner of his eyes. Of course being addressed by the strange man would paint a target on his back; he briefly considered defending himself, but he quickly discarded the idea. If he started fighting inside the tavern and more patrons joined, thinking him in league with that man, things would take a turn for the worse.

    Thus - propelling the chair backwards, towards the trio - he bolted for the door, the cloak and his silent steps making it almost seem like he was gliding on the ground; he counted on his superior speed to get out before anyone could block his way, and as soon as he was on the dimly lit street he would melt with the shadows (and not just metaphorically), leaving no trace behind as he jaunted away.

    Once (if) he'd shaken off any potential pursuer, he'd head for the sounds of fighting. He had to know what the f**k was going on, and that was his only clue.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-06-11 at 05:21 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Billy the Kid
    Show
    Billy is the first to arrive to the scene of building chaos. The Spears he had trailed so far move towards a warehouse in the docks, stopping briefly and looking about as though waiting for someone. The pause doesn't last long, whatever madness in them taking over. It starts simple. A pair shuffle off from the group to harass a beggar. There's no time for wheedling words - they rouse him with the butt of a spear to the stomach, and giggle like children at his groans. The second guard follows up the first with an introduction to the business end of the spear this time. And with the first death commenced, the guards scatter, weapons drawn and seeking blood. Those without a target in sight simply start attacking one another. There's no skill to the way they fight. It's a mad scramble, screams and wild swings in the night. The guards not preoccupied with one another start kicking in nearby doors, eliciting quickly cut short screams and shouts from the residents within.

    In a matter of minutes, anyone still standing visible is coated in red. Up to their elbows, splashed on their uniforms, seeping from wounds. The guards show no sign of slowing down in their madness.


    Spoiler: Billy, Arsnic, and Devon
    Show
    Devon, pursuit of you is damn near futile. Your attackers find themselves alone in the alley, as though you - or the earlier intruder - had never come at all. The sounds of another fray within the Bald Spot follow you as you head towards the escalating sounds of combat elsewhere.
    Arsnic, you take a little more time and caution getting to the docks, the sounds of combat ahead never quite ceasing.
    You approach the fray from a different angle, arriving as doors are being broken down and the fighting continues to escalate. It's a sight that doesn't make sense - guards killing guards, civilians, animals, anything living within sight.
    The situation escalates further. One of the guards, in a brief moment of respite, starts licking himself clean.
    Another, laying impaled on the ground, groans and rises from what should be a lethal wound, rolling over to lap at the blood pooled on the ground.
    A third emerges from a nearby house with blood on face and neck. Not his own.
    Predatorial eyes shine in the night.


    Spoiler: Japeth
    Show
    Reassured that your home is safe, and that no message from your lord is coming, you finally manage to head in the direction of the sounds and smells. You arrive to the scene of absolute chaos. There's little time for reflection - blood is in the air, and whatever these guards are, they have no intention of stopping the flow.

    A man, perhaps quicker thinking than those around him, perhaps already wakened by their noises, leaps through one of the windows of his house and sets off running. Like hounds, a series of guards are attracted to the movement, and with unnatural grace, chase him down and rip him apart. Their spears have been abandoned in favor of their new claws and fangs.
    A voice whispers in your ear, as soft and unintrusive as your own thoughts - but still, foreign.
    "Will you survive the night alone? "

    Each of you watches as the guards - if they can still be called that - turns piercing eyes into the gloom of night. With this many searching, you're certain your cover will soon be blown.

    Everyone make a stealth check - how long till you're spotted?
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Devon's instinct was screaming to flee, but he could not: the man had known, and he said their scout, so he had to be a third party. And then the stare...the voice...whatever was happening, he couldn't be completely uninvolved.

    Ignoring the screams and the stench of blood, he pressed forward, searching for answers, while jumping from shadow to shadow to evade the feral guards.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth 19 (OOC)
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2019-06-11 at 07:12 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Stealth Roll
    Show
    In OOC, it was a 1...with a +8 mod making a 9. Bollocks.


    Arsnic's eyes widen, racing thoughts detail what possibly could be happening, rifling through the catalog of potential...beings...he's watching lap blood from the ground.

    He takes an instinctual step back, awestruck with horror.

    Sudden jingling emanates from behind him, a dreamlike sound starkly contrasting the nightmarish scene ahead. Wind chimes. He had backed into...wind chimes. Now, Arsnic was no stranger to the shadows, having spent plenty of his time since leaving the Enchanted Forest needing to obscure his existence from the majority of the public - High Elves were no common sight in the general public and the questions made him uncomfortable. Regardless, this was quite an uncharacteristic misstep.

    He quickly looks to notice the chimes jingling, and immediately turns his attention back to the monsters feeding on civilians only to meet the gaze of one.

    Son of a... Arsnic had to move quickly, clearly these things were not to be trifled with.

    He quickly reaches in his bag and tosses a small vial out 20 feet in front of him, breaking across the alleyway that separated the High Elf from the carnage. The vial shatters, disseminating a small amount of grey liquid onto the alleyway. The liquid seemed to begin reacting, and spreading...quickly...into a solidified, grey, stringy, interwoven substance about 20x20 ft.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cast: Web

    Thick webs fill a 20-foot cube. Creatures standing in or who enter the area the first time in a turn become restrained unless they pass a Dexterity save. The webs lightly obscure the area and make it difficult terrain.

    Creatures stuck in the web can use an action to make a Strength check against your spell DC, breaking free on a success.

    The webs are flammable and a 5-foot cube burns away in a single round. If a creature is caught in the fire, it takes 2d4 fire damage.

    If the webs aren't cast between two hard surfaces, they collapse to a depth of 5 feet.

    *Note; If the alley im in is 20 ft wide or less, i'd like the web to span across the alley creating a web-wall sort of effect, lightly obscuring me before i cut through an alley. If it is more than 20 ft wide, it will cover the ground.


    Arsnic then turns and makes for the corner about 5 feet just behind him, cutting to a different alley and attempting to weave himself back into the shadows, searching for a lower roof out in front of one of the houses to climb to get to higher ground and hide.

    This looked to be a long night.
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-11 at 10:14 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Billy's ear twitches before his eyes catch the movement. The jingle, steps, and crash of a potion onto the ground. This wasn't a street spear, and they were trying to defend themselves. Maybe they had information on what's happening. Billy climbs onto the nearest building (climbing speed 20ft cause Tabaxi) and sprints over to where he saw the man. Once he has eyes on him he will jump down and say
    Im not one of them. I am concious of mind and body. Do you have information on what the hell is going on here? I just arrived in this town not long ago.
    And Billy will take a defensive stance towards the direction of the spears.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-06-11 at 10:50 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Japheth sees the massacre unfold before him and can't bring himself to flee. How dare they? ...
    He steps back and tries to count how many of the bloodthirsty mongrels are around. Once he gets a good estimate, he turns and sprints to Isaiah's house. At some point along the way, he thinks he sees something with fur standing on two legs and almost trips. Have to get to Isaiah! He'll know what to do...
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-06-11 at 11:15 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAxeman View Post
    Billy's ear twitches before his eyes catch the movement. The jingle, steps, and crash of a potion onto the ground. This wasn't a street spear, and they were trying to defend themselves. Maybe they had information on what's happening. Billy climbs onto the nearest building (climbing speed 20ft cause Tabaxi) and sprints over to where he saw the man. Once he has eyes on him he will jump down and say
    Im not one of them. I am concious of mind and body. Do you have information on what the hell is going on here? I just arrived in this town not long ago.
    And Billy will take a defensive stance towards the direction of the spears.
    Arsnic jumps for a moment, startled by the creature approaching without notice - no small feat. The figure moved swiftly, and made next to no noise with the soft pads of it's paws gliding across the alley. It was covered in fur, as it approached it's claws were...noticeable. A Tabaxi, certainly. Something Arsnic had read about, but not personally encountered in his travels. The Tabaxi, however, quickly reveals his lack of threat, and Arsnic sees clear distinction between the anatomical makeups of the Tabaxi and the things terrorizing the streets, and relaxes for a moment.

    I have no clue, i was just closing up my shop and i heard the commotion. Whatever those things are, we need to decide quickly whether to run or to stay and fig...

    His thought was interrupted by the approach of another of similar makeup to Arsnic. Clearly a Half Elf. He ran across a puddle in the street, making a distinct foot-splashing noise...though Arsnic was certain it wasn't noticeable in comparison to his misstep into the still-jingling wind chimes around the corner. As the figure approached Arsnic waved him down.

    Listen - we've got to alert the guards or someth...err...i guess they ARE the guards. What do we do? Those people need help, they're being slaughtered...
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-11 at 12:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    This is insane and getting out of hand. I'm not much for jumping into a fight I don't have a dog in *smirk* but these people are being slaughtered. If yall are jumping in I will assist in taking them down.
    Billy begins to crouch very low to the ground like a panther would before pouncing on its prey and his breath goes quiet almost to the point where you could forget he's there.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-06-11 at 12:30 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Devon
    Show
    You are met with great success as you leap from shadow to shadow. The sudden jangle of chimes and voices on the western side of the clearing draws the attention of most of the creatures that were once guards - only a single one notices you leaping from shadow to shadow, abandoning the body it was intent on to give chase to you.

    You're certainly in no danger right now, and thanks to your abilities, you can more likely than not continue to outpace it as long as is necessary. It's unclear what exactly triggered something like this, and no voice or figure is apparent in the area to give you answers. The guards, and the screams of the attacked continue.

    There are a few pockets of relative silence. For one, a nearby alley is clogged with webbing, and though the unnatural agility of the creatures sends them pitching over most of it's lengths, feet scoring into the walls as they scrabble over, the two individuals don't seem to be in the same terrified panic as the rest.

    You could, of course, take to the rooftops with some quick climbing, or make use of the shadow of chimney. You're under no obligation to stay along with those who apparently wish to be bitten.


    Spoiler: Arsnic, and Billy
    Show
    Despite Billy's care in approaching, the jangle of chimes attracts about half the creatures in the area towards the duo, a mad scramble. The first pitches headfirst into the webbing, thrashing to get loose. [Str Save: 10] The others display supernatural agility, stepping off their unfortunate comrades shoulders and leaping the remaining distance across. Two land at the edge of the webbing, and one clears it entirely to land besides the two of you. The three within reach pitch forward with snapping jaws, determined to bite into you with elongated fangs. Two at the noisier Arsnic, one at Billy. Only the one nearest to Billy, the one who cleared the hurdle, manages to find flesh with it's fangs. [Damage: 11] The pain is unfortunately intense - this bite is much worse than just fangs. No natural claw makes your flesh feel dead like that.


    Spoiler: Japeth
    Show
    You draw a truly unfortunate amount of attention with your rapid, headlong retreat. Fortunately, you manage to get a headcount. 8 in the opening, at least a few more currently indoors. Three of the...imitations, if they can be called that, speed towards you. You've not much hope of outpacing them on foot, and don't fancy your chances against them. You do notice two who seem to be standing strong despite further attack - but there's numerous creatures between you and them, as well as an alleyway clogged with webbing. You could attempt to maneuver through the tighter spaces between the streets, but who knows what the creatures around you have in store for you if you attempt that...


    You all know what a vampire is. And these creatures certainly seem to fill most of the criteria, aside from their mindless hunger. But who's to tell what stories are truth, and which urban legend, inflated so as to be unrecognizable? Does it matter? For the moment, it seems to be only you against this tide of darkness.
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2019-06-11 at 01:15 PM.
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Arsnic leans back, he's able to shrug off the attempts at biting him.

    Whoa!!

    He quickly reaches in his pouch and tosses some dust into one of the attackers chainmail. A Faint sizzle...and a moment later the monsters adorned armor begins to react...and heat up.

    Spoiler: Action - Cast Heat Metal
    Show

    A creature in contact with a metal object you can see takes 2d8 fire damage. If it's holding or wearing the object, they must pass a Constitution save or drop it. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. On subsequent turns while it's in contact with the object, you can inflict the damage again as a bonus action.
    (2d8)[9] Fire damage


    The armor hisses against the creatures skin, the stench of burning flesh fills the night air. Shade, who's been watching from above, swoops down and vomits a green, liquid substance onto the back of the sizzling monsters head.

    Spoiler: Bonus Action - Acidic Spittle
    Show

    Ranged weapon attack, 30 ft, +5 to hit, 1d6+3 acid damage
    Attack: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8] Acid damage


    Gah...kill these things!!
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-11 at 04:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Japheth holds his shield in front of his sword hand to disguise his intentions, adjusts his feet, then moves towards the docks.

    Japheth shouts as loud as he can, ĒGet on the water!Ē
    He then hisses a word of power as he sprints towards the dock, turning to a cloud of mist and reappearing past the feral guards attempting to pursue him.
    I hope Iím right...

    Spoiler: Action and bonus action
    Show

    Japheth takes the Dash action and casts Misty Step to teleport past the creatures so he can sprint to the dock without having to disengage.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Indeed, he was in no obligation to stay. On the other hand...what were those two doing there? Chances were that they were involved, some way or another, and having seen nor hide nor hair of the mysterious man, that was all he had to latch onto.

    Before that, though... Devon glanced back to the probably-a-vampire chasing him. He'd better take care of it now that it was alone, and he'd better do it quickly. He grasped his stiletto, drawing it as he abruptly changed direction and closed in on the former guard; focusing his ki on the point of his weapon, he unleashed two swift thrusts - at the unprotected neck and eyes - before immediately following with a knee to the chest and an axe kick.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Movement: close with the vampire.
    Action: Attack with the stiletto:
    #1 (1d20+7)[15] for (1d6+4)[6] piercing damage (magical);
    #2 (1d20+7)[26] for (1d6+4)[9] piercing damage (magical).
    Bonus Action: Spend 1 ki to activate Flurry of Blows. Attacking unarmed:
    #3 (1d20+7)[14] for (1d6+4)[5] bludgeoning damage (magical);
    #4 (1d20+7)[23] for (1d6+4)[7] bludgeoning damage (magical).

    Status
    Ki 5/6.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Ahhhhg
    These things came to eat.
    Billy's ear tweaks as he hears yelling from the docks
    Water? Why get to the water? Hey you let's get to the water, at the least there's help there.
    Billy will punch the nearest to him before disengaging (step of the wind) and using feline agility moving up to 220 ft. He will climb up the nearest wall, run along the roof and leaping from building to building until jumping to the ground (slow fall so no damage ) and running into the dock where the voice called out
    What's going on here? Are these things actual undead? I got bit, my arm feels dead. What do we do?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    First attack
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d6+4)[8]
    Second attack
    (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d6+4)[5]
    Ki (6/7) HP (41/52)
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-06-11 at 09:34 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Arsnic
    Show
    Your companion speeds away towards the source of the voice as your concoctions set one of the trapped creatures flailing in pain. The smoldering armor sets the webbing around further alight - freeing it, but setting more of it's flesh aflame. With face scarred and melting, skin bubbling, and slowed movements, you don't expect the creature to keep walking - let alone have the ability to launch itself at you, teeth finding deep purchase in your flesh. A terrible cold grips the area around the bite.
    [crit - 20 damage]
    Fortunately, the other guard is too busy avoiding the flames to strike at you this round, and one further back still struggles to free himself from the webbing.
    The last scrabbles up the wall in pursuit of the tabaxi who came and went in a matter of moments.


    Spoiler: Devon
    Show
    The first jab of your stiletto, towards the neck, the creature stumbles back to avoid, foiling its attempt to bite into you in the same stroke. The second finds purchase in its flesh, digging deep, but eliciting little reaction besides a snarl. The kick to the chest scrapes ineffectively against the armor, but the axe kick lands another impact on the exposed skull. The creature circles, attempting to find another opening with which to strike.

    You note the duo converge on the dock, a little ways out over the water.


    Spoiler: Japeth
    Show
    With howls of frustration, the psuedo vampires spin about to continue chasing you. With spell and all your speed, they keep an even gap, only slowing when you cross the waterline onto the rather thin dock. About ten feet wide, it extends a good forty feet out over the water. You make it about ten feet in before slowing, a wave of nausea rolling over you once you cross the water line. They toe the line, looking uncomfortable but undamaged. One of them shoves another forward, and they turn to screech at one another wordless fury. It's only a matter of time till they overcome the discomfort in favor of blood.

    Ducking and weaving, a black tabaxi joins you on the dock.

    A few moments later, a bat lands on your shoulder, startling you briefly. It's eyes darken to deep blackness, and it utters two words in a tongue familiar to you.
    "I come."


    Spoiler: Billy
    Show
    The creature pursuing you is no match for your agility and natural climbing ability - though it's claws allow it to find purchase on the stone and chase you to the rooftops, it falls behind in the pursuit. Still, you note that it moves with far more speed than you would expect of a typical person. You speed past the trio converging on the human you see standing dockside, over the soothing, constant lap of waves below.

    You note the water makes the creatures uncomfortable, but you doubt it will keep them off you for long.

    You watch a bat flit onto the shoulder of the human, open it's mouth and outpour two words from a different tongue.
    "I come."
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Japheth furrows his brow with an uneasy smile towards the furred humanoid that joins him. "I thought so. These are fledglings. When they charge, try to knock them into the water, if you can."
    He holds his shield and sword at the ready. "Also... Help is on the way, but take care not to look at it directly, not even for a moment. You'll know when it's here."

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Japheth readies an action to use the Attack action against the first enemy to move within his reach.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-06-11 at 11:31 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Ah! Sh*t! One of the creatures sinks it's teeth into Arsnic's flesh...

    Out of the corner of his eye, he see's the Tabaxi take of hastily, and he panics...but only for a moment. Arsnic has been in tight situations before, it's never his athleticism or strength that saves him.

    His mind is his strongest muscle in his body, and he'd have to lean on it again.

    His escape rout was cluttered, with webbing on the ground and 2 flaming shark-toothed creatures shrieking and running around in circles. He only had 1 shot...

    He looks at Shade, who's hovering above. While one of the creatures tears away some of Arsnic's flesh - Shade secretes a salve that drips down onto Arsnic's skin. It seeps in...Arsnic feels...lighter.

    Spoiler: Bonus Action - Salve (Buoyancy)
    Show

    Shade's action: Alchemical Salve
    Buoyancy - The target gains Flight speed of 10 ft


    He'd have to risk another bite. As he rises into the air, He lifts his feet in an attempt to get as high up as possible, hopefully out of the reach of these...things.

    Spoiler: Action - Dash...straight up in the air
    Show

    I'll take an AoO from the creature, I have a fly-speed of 10 feet for 10 minutes. I'll fly...straight up in the air 20 ft.

    If it works, I'll fly to the docks. My flight lasts 10 min.

    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-12 at 12:15 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Help, oh help is good. Into the water, will do. Hope that person over there can make it here, oh wait I think they are flying? that's really cool.
    Billy tenses and his body becomes hardened, his footpaws sink two inches into the ground locking him in place and his body is completely rigid. Then he prepares for anything to attack him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Billy will use dodge as a bonus action, which activates Enduring Mountain Stance: When you use dodge, you cannot be moved, pushed, grappled, frightened, or knocked prone against your will until the start of your next turn, even if magically compelled to do so. He will then hold his action to grapple and throw any of the vampire creatures into the water, and everything has a disadvantage when attacking him because he is dodged.
    Attack roll (just in case) : (1d20+7)[25]
    grapple check (athletics) :(1d20-1)[14]
    Ki (5/7) HP (41/52)
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-06-12 at 12:20 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Devon spared another glance for the duo; paired with the yell he thought he heard earlier, it really seemed like they knew something - or perhaps they just had experience fighting vampires, but then would their presence really be a coincidence?

    Still, they were being pursued, so he couldn't approach carelessly; he had to get rid of this one vampire first. Harnessing his ki, he kept pressing his assault in a flurry of thrusts and kicks.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Movement: nope.
    Action: Attack with the stiletto:
    #1 (1d20+7)[23] for (1d6+4)[9] piercing damage (magical);
    #2 (1d20+7)[22] for (1d6+4)[9] piercing damage (magical).
    Bonus Action: Spend 1 ki to activate Flurry of Blows. Attacking unarmed:
    #3 (1d20+7)[26] for (1d6+4)[10] bludgeoning damage (magical);
    #4 (1d20+7)[15] for (1d6+4)[9] bludgeoning damage (magical).

    Status
    Ki 4/6.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Japeth and Billy
    Show
    You both brace yourselves for the inevitable charge. As expected, they rally amongst themselves, then two charge abreast across the dock, strangely silent as they open their mouths to bite rather than vocalize their charge.
    They're predictable if anything, but they're also strong. Each meets your challenge head on and proves their mad strength in avoidance of falling into the water. Japeth, your shield lashes out to send the creature off the docks. With solid connection, a single foot slips off, but the unnatural grace of the creature saves it - it falls to its either knee and rolls inwards towards the center of the dock, springing out of its lower position in an attempt to get around your shield. It's onslaught gives you little chance to return the blow.
    Billy, you meet the other head on with claws bared - your natural weapons sink into the flesh of its forearms, and it hisses at you before attempting to introduce your arm to it's fangs again. More aware of the trick, you twist your arm out of its grasp and it finds no purchase, but it, in turn, backs away, still standing on the dock.
    The fourth, pursuing Billy, is almost to the water.

    Spoiler: Devon
    Show
    Your flurry of attacks finds repeated purchase, piercing flesh near chest and between rings of mail, an elbow smacks with a resounding crack across the jaw - and as you flow into a kick to follow, the creature launches its mouth at your incoming blow, take the hit to finally land one of it's own. It's fangs leave a series of scores down your calf that ache, leaving flesh feeling cold and dead. Still, there's no question which of you is in the worse shape. Unfortunately, it seems to have no plans of letting up.
    [damage - 15]
    You watch the duo on the dock engage in battle, and the final man to the west rise into the air. He's bleeding, and pursuit is hot on his tail.

    Spoiler: Arsnic
    Show
    The flaming once-guard advances steadily on you, confident the hunt was over - it doesn't expect the winged goblinoid to return, and hisses at it - more a command to leave, predator to predator, than a realization of it's alliance. The moment is all Shade needs, and you shoot up into the air, out of it's grasp and away from it's reach. The anger is palpable on its face - but your relief is not long lived. It takes a few moments to consider the speed of your ascent, then begins to haul itself up the walls of a nearby home to the roof, attempting to align itself with your height. It's legs shift to find an angle to leap.
    Down below, the creature nearest to the flames manages to rip out of the webbing - the structure is probably breaking down due to the heat there. While it scrabbles up the opposing wall to also begin to leap at you, the third screeches it's frustration with remaining stuck in the webbing.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    you'll have to get higher to clear their jump reach from on top of the building


    The same voice resounds in your minds again. "It seems you're lucky after all. I must make my exit. Good night, and enjoy the bites."
    The last words are delivered in an almost mocking tone. The heavy presence from before fills the air once more as an huge man - six feet and a half - casually walks out of a nearby ruined home. He has olive skin and bright, almost glowing orange eyes, a vertical slash of darker color where his pupils should be. His hair would be thick and curly, but it is buzzed, making his widow's peak all the more prominent. His armor is simple black leather, and a cloak hangs from shoulder to ankle, somehow impeccably clean. Clean shaven, showing thin cheeks and large lips. With no fanfare, his steps begin to take him into the air. He walks to the south, curving around the entire area of conflict. His steps don't seem especially large or fast - it's more like the night sky bunches up beneath him, speeding his travel.
    Spoiler: Billy
    Show
    Voice sounds pretty similar to the one the bat just emitted.

    Spoiler: Devon
    Show
    It's the same man from the Bald Spot.

    Spoiler: Japeth
    Show
    If he had a goatee, he'd be the spitting image of your lord.
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2019-06-12 at 05:48 AM.
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Japheth ignores the large man in favor of the immediate threat. He could ask his Lord about him later.
    He attempts to remove the fledglings from the dock once more.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    He'll use the Attack action and attempt to Shove the same vampire into the water again. If his first attempt succeeds, he'll try to push off the one harassing Billy.
    First: (1d20+2)[5]. Second: (1d20+2)[20].
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-06-12 at 01:35 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Arsnic turns back and forth, studying the creatures as they scale the walls on either side of him.

    These things are relentless... he thinks to himself.

    He briefly calculates his risk, he could attempt to shove one if they leaped at him...but there's 2 on either side.

    He could loose arrows at them, but it likely wouldn't result in cessation of their pursuit, their relentlessness has demonstrated this to be true.

    His only shot was...up, straight up.

    Spoiler: Action - Dash
    Show

    20 ft straight up, centered between the 2 buildings.

    Im unsure how tall the buildings are, but i'd be 40 ft up + the distance from the building to the center of the street which is more than 10 ft (since my web wouldnt reach across 20 ft of alley).

    Hopefully enough! lol


    As he rises, he looks to the burning creature and reviles in the sizzling of it's epidermis.

    Spoiler: Bonus action - Heat Metal
    Show

    (2d8)[9] Fire damage

    This creature also has Disadvantage if it reaches me on the leap...
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-12 at 10:05 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Devon suppressed a groan of pain as the vampire bit him...and then the strange man - at this point, was supposing him to be some king of superior vampire too much of a strentch? Probably not - reappeared again.

    "W-"

    -ait.
    Devon stopped himself from calling out, in order to not alert more vampires to his position. But, as suicidal as seemed to be, he had to go after him. He needed answers.

    Turning his attention back on the vampire latched onto his calf, he changed the grip on his weapon and thrust it sideways, forcing the beast to choose between letting go or having its head impaled by the stiletto, and then switfly maneuvered out of its reach to pursue the mysterious man.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Action: Attack with the stiletto:
    #1 (1d20+7)[12] for (1d6+4)[5] piercing damage (magical);
    #2 (1d20+7)[21] for (1d6+4)[8] piercing damage (magical).
    Bonus Action: Spend 1 ki to Disengage.
    Movement: 45' towards Vampire Boss.

    Status
    Ki 3/6, HP 37/52.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Is this the help you we're waiting for? Should we go to him?
    Billy will hold his action to shove any vampires into the water
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Atk roll (1d20+7)[9]
    Dmg (1d6+4)[10]
    Grapple check (1d20+3)[5]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hypersmith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pluto (EST)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: Devon
    Show
    The vampiric creature doesn't seem willing at all to let go. As you angle your weapon to force it to choose, it elects to continue pursuit, impaling itself on the blade - then falls back, still and lifeless. You've killed the first, though not before being bitten.
    The distance between you and the greater vampire decreases rapidly, with a dip into the many shadows that paint the streets significantly shortening the gap. You're fortunate to have one of the closest paths to him, clear of other foes. The being turns towards you, fixing you with it's fire-like gaze and an openly mocking smirk.
    "You have my permission to speak."
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    [restore 1 Ki - disengage not needed]
    I went with the assumption you'd shadow walk rather than spend the Ki point to close the gap completely. Let me know if that's not the case and I'll change this up. Either way, he'll address you approaching him.


    Spoiler: Arsnic
    Show
    You continue to rise as the third vampire beneath you finally breaks free of the webbing. Well above the height of all nearby houses, there's no way a natural leap could reach you. That is reflected in the very vocal frustrations of the two hunting you. With a hint of magical focus and the sound of sizzling flesh, one of the screeches stops as the vampire collapses lifeless off the roof.
    From your vantage point up high, you spot torchlight and the glint of steel off to the west, as well as a general overview of the current field of battle - though you can't hear any exchanged words.

    Spoiler: Japeth and Billy
    Show

    Japeth, you find the narrow space on the dock working against you - you're unable to find a way to swing your longsword without it clipping your current battle partner as he grapples hand to hand with the guard. Your own adversary takes advantage of this, finding it's way past your shield. Only your chainmail saves you from being bitten yourself, and it takes all of your skill to shove its body off yours. There's no chance to push it further off, into the water - but Billy seperates with his foe just then, and you take the opportunity given. Not expecting the blow, you finally send one careening off the dock. It's place is immediately taken by the vampire that was behind it, but the bubbling water and shrill screeches are confirmation enough.
    Billy, your foe and you struggle for a few moments, but it's apparent that you'll only last so long against its strength - you feel less chance of overpowering it directly. You push off, hoping to find another chance to strike when Japeth crashes into the vampire bodily, sending it tumbling to the waves, where it shrieks in pain. There's no respite, however. The vampire behind it assaults you immediately, it's teeth barely scraping you, but it's enough for the dead feeling to spread again.
    [damage - 7]
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2019-06-12 at 10:26 PM.
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Arsnic continued his ascent in an almost graceful fashion - his pace was slow and steady, like a balloon a child released into the sky. He continued upward, until his silhouette could be seen interrupting the moons bright glow in the night by those below.

    Frustrated by the sharp pain emanating from his calf, he pulled out his longbow. To those familiar with the weapon, it was apparent this was no ordinary longbow. Crafted from Sylvan wood, the kind one only finds deep in the enchanted forest, it's features were smooth, it's craftsmanship - superb. It had a fine, dark, leather handle in the middle, the ends curved back, and rolled forward creating an almost wave like pattern. There were notches running down the arms of the bow, from the handle to the ends. To the untrained eye, it looked well crafted. To the craftsman or one who frequently used the older, outdated ranged weapons...it had a sort of aura about it - like the first person you see when you wake up from a long nights rest.

    Arsnic began floating upward, but also over toward the dock where his new-found colleagues had been running to, and he Nocked an arrow, a substance seemed to seep from the bow onto the arrow, as though the bow was infusing it, like it had a mind of its own, and it was doing it's part to help with the battle.

    Spoiler: Bonus Action - Arcane Weapon
    Show

    You channel arcane energy into one simple or martial weapon youíre holding, and choose one damage type: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 damage of the chosen type to any target you hit with the weapon. If the weapon isnít magical, it becomes a magic weapon for the spellís duration.

    As a bonus action, you can change the damage type, choosing from the options above.

    At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 8 hours.


    As he floated toward the dock - Shade flapping alongside him - Arsnic drew his first arrow back and took aim at the other creature who was climbing the building attempting to leap at him...

    Lets see how you like this, you little...

    He exhaled, and released.

    Spoiler: Action - Attack
    Show

    Longbow (Magical, +1 Longbow)
    Attack: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[10] Magical, (1d6)[2] Fire

    Arcane Armament (I get an extra attack IF MY WEAPON IS MAGICAL)
    Attack: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[13] Magical, (1d6)[3] Fire



    Arsnic grinned as his first volley of arrows flew toward his foe - the tables, for the moment, had turned.
    Last edited by Tallytrev813; 2019-06-12 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

    Aldaroth - IC

    Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

    Child Support - IC


  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Defined on all R
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Aldaroth - Kingdom of Gornalad IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm all for not spending ki if not necessary.


    Devon mustered all his willpower to return the man's gaze, extremely aware of the difference in power and that he probably stopped to talk on a whim; a thousand questions swirled in his head, but there was one that needed answering above all else.

    "How did you know?"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

    Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •