The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: (3.P) Monsters as PC's [OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    nothing to do with anyone in this game and everything to do with the people that "are in charge" hre on gitpg I am leaving this board and not sure if i will return
    Very sorry to see you go. I hope things get sorted out, and if not: Good luck, and godspeed on wherever your life's quest leads you.

I'm going to speed things up. IC thread shortly will assume you went with the wood elf. For now, you can spread out more so Hobbes, Zarakiel, and Ellenallen will comprise the front row, anyone else second. I will need specific order at some point, double and single file. That should be a ways off real-world time, so I'll try to get things going today.

Feel free to correct any errors, cheat sheet below:

Name Perception Initiative Stealth
    Luin Whitefur +7 +2 +16
    Hobbes +9 0 -1
    Zarakiel +8 +3 +0?
    Lassy +1 +2 +8
    Lei +7 +9 +9
    Ellenallen +1 +4 +4
    Gerarn +13 +5 +5

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ellenallen was hit for 11 point of damage.

Hobbes is up next, positioning:

empty empty Leucrotta empty
    empty empty Leucrotta empty
    Zarakiel Hobbes Ellenallen empty
    Lassy Luin Fiellel empty

Each position is a 5' square. Leucrotta have 5' reach, but are Large(long) so occupy two spaces.
    Lassy and Luin Whitefur have perfect flight so can likely reposition pretty easily. Watching path you take for possible attacks of opportunity.
    Fiellel has her bow out, sword at hip.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hobbes hit for 28 points of damage with Earthbreaker, missing with bite. (with how this guy smells that may be a good thing)
    Fiellel hits even with -4 for firing into melee, for 9 points of damage.
    The Leucrotta bites Ellenallen for an additional 13 points of damage.
    I'm going with Ellenallen moving 5' forward for flanking bonus, which would make all attacks hit. Total of 18 points of damage.

General grid looks like:

XXLXXX
    XHLEXX
    ZXXXXX
    auXXXXXF

L-Leucrotta, H-Hobbes, E-Ellenallen, Z-Zarakiel, a-Lassy, u-Luin Whitefur, F-Fiellel, X-unoccupied.

Total of 55 points of damage to the Leucrotta. He is badly wounded and beginning to glance around in a panic.
    Total of 24 points to Ellenallen.

Lassy, Zarakiel, Luin are next in initiative, in that order.

I took Hobbes turn as no one volunteered, and he doesn't look to have been on in weeks. I did PM him when I announced it was his turn. At some point this week we will need to see who is still here and paying attention, and if there is sufficient interest to continue and/or recruit players.

PM'ing Lassy following this post.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gah. Back again. I'm sorry guys. I'll try to make sure I stop disappearing
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

No worries, welcome back. You've been exceedingly quiet for a paladin with max diplomacy. Otherwise your first combat turn is waiting on one person. Lassy I'm fairly sure.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I've put some thought into it, and there is a story I'd like to tell here.

I'm opening to re-recruitment, and to see how much interest there still is among original characters. If you'd still like to participate, say so here.

Expect a shorter time allowance for unannounced absences. I'm leaning 1 week someone plays your character in the interim, 2 weeks you will be replaced. This last is up for discussion, but I will put effort into making it impossible for one person to derail the campaign.

I expect I will keep the rule of 72 hour response time. Emergencies happen, but if you will be in woods without internet for a week I expect you to nominate a player to take your turns until you get back. For clarity 72 hours is the ideal goal, occasionally missing that by a day or two for the unexpected will happen. Missing it close to every combat turn I will likely have to replace.

7. - Top - End - #127

I'm still here. Was just quiet since I was waiting for Lassy to take their turn.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm going to reopen recruitment, responses have dropped below reasonable threshold. If you are interested please post here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ame-(DM-found)

So please respond either in that thread or this one. Friday, September 6th I'll see what options we have, if any.

9. - Top - End - #129

It might be worth opening a new thread entirely. Long, already posted-in threads seem to garner less new interest than brand new threads

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming I haven't been dropped, who is even left? It may be necessary to mention what's still in the party...

(Also.. I'm sorry. I've got problems. And I work retail during Back to School season...)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm mostly looking at three: tonberryking, Stevesciguy, and DaOldeWolf.

JonU (Hobbes) missed his turn and shows no activity in a month, I did PM. Lassy missed turn for a week and didn't respond to PM. RoTWS responded to one of two PM's as interested, but never posted in OOC or IC. Samduke actually bowed out and said so in PM and OOC, RL reasons mostly.

Work and graduate school currently, I'll post a new re-recruitment thread tomorrow. Basically checking interest by Friday, September 6th.

DaOldeWolf: I am assuming you are still interested, so don't take this request as anything negative. But please respond here or in recruitment thread by September 6th. I'd just like definite "yes" responses by then. I'm counting tonberryking and Stevesciguy's recent posts as a "yes" interest. More tomorrow, but I'd really like at least 4 "yes" total. 5 is even better. 6 is getting a lot but I'd probably swing. Not planning to try 7 again, barring something very unusual. Melee just gets in each other's way with parties that large. And in this campaign no one is terrible at melee.

I do apologize for not setting stricter limits from the beginning, as well as delaying too long waiting for multiple responses. Both are related to lots of experience DM'ing several hour live game sessions and not play-by-post.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    It might be worth opening a new thread entirely. Long, already posted-in threads seem to garner less new interest than brand new threads
    Two suggested this so I'll try that. Currently in progress at:

Re-recruitment thread

13. - Top - End - #133

Cool! Looks like we've already got one.

So, I'm embarrassed to admit that I just found the subscribe to thread feature. However, now I've done that, I should be more reliable from now on since I can check all my games from there easily.

14. - Top - End - #134

So is the plan to start over from the beginning with the new recruits, or are we gonna slot them into the existing game?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    So is the plan to start over from the beginning with the new recruits, or are we gonna slot them into the existing game?
    Short version is slot into existing game. More than likely after current combat but before the fort.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

While we wait we can try to finish the first combat encounter. Skipping Lassy, so Zarakiel is next followed by Luin Whitefur.

17. - Top - End - #137

Alright, posted my turn. Rolled a dang 2

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

With flanking and charge bonus that barely hits. With a bit more than enough damage to put it past bleeding to fully dead. There doesn't look to be anything on the body. It does detect as faintly evil, even dead.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Unless you decide to go full sandbox suddenly, the decision is currently: to explore its lair, or skip it and go to the fort directly. You don't owe Fiellel anything, but she's unsubtly said there's loot worth grabbing a short distance.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

(2d6)[4][5](9)

...Ignore the dice roll, I had to test something, but was combat not paused during re-recruitment?

I feel kind of stupid now...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    [roll0]

...Ignore the dice roll, I had to test something, but was combat not paused during re-recruitment?

I feel kind of stupid now...
    No, I think we're wrapping up this little quest, and then the new recruits will join after.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

IC post up. For simplicity, the great-axes are both masterwork, none of the other gear is. The hide armor is likely not sellable, at least not for standard price. The amulets could use a Know(religion) check, the wand and scroll you'd have to find out. Which is easier in pathfinder I think, need to brush up on those rules.
    Also for simplicity just convert any gems to gold as desired, I learned late in 3.0 that's actually the rule.

Feel free to ask or discuss with Fiellel, but she will be leaving shortly. She avoids the corpses and burrow.

23. - Top - End - #143

Alright, I'll roll a know(religion) on that. What are paladins for, right?

(1d20+6)[22]

Also, I'll run a quick Detect Evil on those black and purple disks before I touch any of the bodies.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Leucrotta's corpse freshly dead detected evil. At the clearing nothing does, but the symbols make you uneasy. The eye is crude stone and unlikely to be worth selling, the discs are mostly silver and worth about 25 gp each. Or 25 total if you sell them normally.

The eye is the unblinking eye of Gruumsh, the primary orc god. He believes everything rightly belongs to the orcs and they should take it by force. He and his son, Bahgtru (strength, and to a lesser extent, stupidity) are the vast majority for orc barbarians and warriors to worship. Both chaotic evil, as are most orcs.

The discs are to Shar: goddess of dark, night, loss, secrets, caverns, dungeons, and the Underdark. Very NE, and while hard to predict as the goddess of secrets, she is generally a bitter, angry evil. She created the Shadow Weave, the dark and evil mirror to the Weave, which is not entirely understood and only recently publicly known. Both she and the Shadow Weave oppose light of any kind, and the shadow weave cannot cast spells with the light descriptor at all. She would generally like to destroy all other gods so everything can worship her. She is not commonly worshipped by orcs or goblins, except the occasional cult.

The bodies look to be killed at different times, the goblin earlier. The goblin was more equipped for lengthy scouting, the orcs part of the horde that invaded Sundabar. Fiellel confirms this, goblins rarely scout for orcs in this region but it does happen.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Unless you have questions of Fiellel (which should be asked in the IC thread), this will probably be it until re-recruitment finishes. Going back and forth on ideas how to combine forces, but it will between this lair and just outside the fort.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Recruitment is now finished, so welcome all to the campaign. I will be sending a PM to each of you this morning, so please respond (here or PM) if you don't have it by Sunday.

Current party for reference:

Player Character-Link Base race Monster Race Class build
    tonberryking Ellenallen Human Centaur Warlock
    Stevesciguy Zarakiel Angel-Blooded Aasimar Astral Deva Paladin
    DaOldeWolf Luin Whitefur Kitsune Faerie Dragon(3.5) Arcanist(PF)
    Auranghzeb Gudu Sileso Athasian Human Djinni Factotum(3.5)
    Xenopax Tark Confirm Troll Mystic(PoW, PF)
    Anachronity Orthon Human Giant Owl Druid (PF) Nature Fang

Work in progress, but don't expect much fancy for combining the party. Which will be just outside the fort the current party members are tasked with cleaning out for the owner.

Edit: All PM's sent.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-09-21 at 10:18 AM. Reason: PM's all sent.

27. - Top - End - #147

Greetings, new peoples!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Greetings and thanks for chosing me. As I told Covenant, I'm currently on a road trip and for the next week I'll be a bit out of touch. I'll try to post with my telephone but I won't be able to roll dice.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Took athasian Human! Sheets already up and i'm glad I got chosen!
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

You have now been introduced. It is roughly 4:00 PM, dusk begins at 5:00, and full dark a bit after 6:00. The moon is full roughly on the 1st of each month, and it is the 27th. So the moon is over 3/4 full, and low-light vision will be very effective outside.

Looking at my notes, 4 of you can fly. Of the other two, one has a devastating charge attack, the other is melee focused and can actually regenerate. So I'd strongly lean to them being up front in a formation 2 wide. (10' hallway or path)

Xenopax, before I forget: I definitely liked your background, but recruiting threads expire after 90 days. And I didn't see it anywhere else. So I'd put that somewhere safe before it gets lost.

I don't think we ever explicitly healed Ellenallen, and she was below half health. Zarakiel can use cure light wounds wands without failure chance, among the original party. So we should probably retcon using some charges for that.

General knowledge questions can be asked here, actual NPC's in the IC thread. I'm going to continue allowing questions campaign days in the past, so as to spend far less time waiting for everyone to have a turn roleplaying. Combat will be in order, though.
    I expect I'll continue rolling initiative and stealth/perception rolls, as well as nuisance saving throws. (Entangle) Real save-or-dies (Fear or worse) you each roll, as well as to-hit and damage.
    Reminder the expected response time is 72 hours, please say something if that won't be possible. Ideally appointing another player to take your turns.

The three new members should choose a dialogue color at this point, taken ones are on the first thread.

I have the feeling I forgot something, but let's get started!