The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: (3.P) Monsters as PC's [OOC]

either way it's been 3 days since the last IC post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Ooh, undead fort? Good day for a paladin
    I do believe it's your turn in initiative. Or else it's everyone's who hasn't done something yet, if we're immediately transitioning to group initiative. (in either case, the zombies are probably going last and so people should probably feel free to take their turns).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
    either way it's been 3 days since the last IC post.

I do believe it's your turn in initiative. Or else it's everyone's who hasn't done something yet, if we're immediately transitioning to group initiative. (in either case, the zombies are probably going last and so people should probably feel free to take their turns).
    Group initiative is implemented now. (initiated? hmm.) So tonberryking, Stevesciguy, and Xenopax can go. I'll likely roll for zombies initiative tonight, if they roll low there would be a second turn.

PM'ing those i haven't already.

3. - Top - End - #183

Can you do a charge as a standard action if you only move up to your speed? I feel like that's a thing, but I'm not sure
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

I wanna apologize again for my silence.

For the past few weeks I've been super stressed out about being tested for diabetes (and some other medical problems you don't want to hear about) and while the tests were thankfully negative, I got *wiped* from the medication i was put on and then that and work was a double decker pain in the arse.

I aim to post more regularly and thanks for putting up with me during all this.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-10-08 at 09:44 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #185

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Can you do a charge as a standard action if you only move up to your speed? I feel like that's a thing, but I'm not sure
    You can, but only 1X normal speed charge. As opposed to typical 2X speed maximum.

I apologize for any confusion. That's repeatedly been referred to as a "partial charge", which was the 3.0 term. To add confusion you can't take a move action and then use this special charge feature. This option is only when you are restricted in action like this. (does slow still do that?)

6. - Top - End - #186

ElfMonkGuy

Yes, slow still does that. PF has partial charge too, it's just not well-known.

Orthon's Reflex save: (1d20+6)[23]

7. - Top - End - #187

MindFlayer

Xenopax: You were 30' away and had only surprise round actions. So Flick of the Wrist is out.

Partial Charge is an option, you get +1.5Str on first attack, +2d6 for bronze knuckle, +1d6 for pugilist stance.

So 27 damage eyeballing, which easily destroys the target. And triggers negative energy damage.

Edit: So these two are down, and in particular maneuvers reset. But you made a lot of noise in the courtyard.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-10-09 at 07:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

ElfMonkGuy

'nother save: (1d20+6)[11]

Are other people rolling their saves elsewhere or something?

9. - Top - End - #189

MindFlayer

More general stuff:

Expect more tomorrow, feel free to say areas of the courtyard/fort you can see to focus on, perception checks as desired.

You've taken damage, and I don't recall the significant damage Ellenallen took from the Leucrotta being called out as healed. I'd like to retcon this was done, as otherwise wouldn't make sense. Same as below except no Orthon.

The cheapest source of healing is Luin Whitefur's CLW wands, which Zarakiel and Orthon can use without a skill check. For simplicity I'd just do 6 Hps a cast when not in combat. Tark may want to conserve charges, but I'd encourage general behavior otherwise as healing damage immediately.
    If it wasn't outright stated or decided, Orthon's claws are hand-like enough to hold a wand and "zap" it. Which come to think any giant owl could really do, assuming they could speak the command word.

Also establishing a party pool/percentage for consumables. Cure Light Wounds/Lesser Vigor wands, restoration, raise dead, and various debuff removal spells. 10-20% of raw gold/sold gear is common.

Edit: @Anachronity: Generally I'll roll trivial saves, but low damage I figured I'd give you the option. If the damage matters soon I can roll it.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-10-09 at 08:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190

ElfMonkGuy

If we're agreed upon using the wand (or else I have some potions of CLW for mostly background reasons) then that'll be two charges for me.

I also have 2 lesser vigors and an extended lesser vigor memorized. Might as well use those first if anyone is injured enough (heals 13 and 26, respectively).

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh didn't check this earlier. My bad about the actions, been a while since i've dnd-ed. Apologies.

Also #regen. I should have full health by next combat so yay.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

12. - Top - End - #192

MindFlayer

Apologies for the delay, but some homework took longer than expected, and I'd like to spend some time on the next IC post. Good news is next week is off from school (but not work), so I should be able to be caught up if not get ahead.

You don't see any traps on the door or the actual bar. It opens out, so the hinges are on the inside. Which would likely be any door on a fort built for defense, come to think.

And yes, between the noise and standing in daylight in view of many arrow slits attracted attention. I promise that will fully begin tomorrow. (Friday) The goal is at least a basic battle grid setup by Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

13. - Top - End - #193

MindFlayer

Not going to look pretty for some time, but have a grid at roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4806477/Ookllg

I think I set it so you can all move the 6 character icons, if not let me know. I'll figure out how to assign them once you join, if you desire that. Also change icon appearance, no offense intended by current ones.

IC post up shortly.

14. - Top - End - #194

MindFlayer

They win initiative. Not doing a surprise round, they knew you were in the courtyard. I'd guess Zarakiel and Luin Whitefur flying, Orthon can if he wants. Gudu Sileso would have been near the door.

I'm going to give a fairly easy perception check on those on the ground to avoid being flat-footed.

Ellenallen: (1d20+1)[17]
    Tark: (1d20+7)[10]
    Gudu Sileso: (1d20+8)[26]

15. - Top - End - #195

MindFlayer

Parties turn up: 3 misses, Ellenallen hit for 10 damage. Gudu Sileso is sickened, -2 to most rolls for effectively the fight.

Ellenallen is also sickened, and must make a DC 15 roll vs. paralysis. With a -2 from being sickened on it. Again for the fight (minutes, so realistically)

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

posted, i just wish their charge lowered their armor because the dice are hating my attacks with Gudu. and you need to add +2 from knowledge devotion to both attack and damage.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2019-10-13 at 09:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

MindFlayer

The charge did lower their armor for this round by 2. With knowledge devotion (+2) you barely hit without it though. For 13 points of damage. I'm guessing attacking the one south of you as that will benefit Tark shortly.

I think tumble at half speed passes on a 1, (full speed tumble at -10 is a significant check), so I'd assume you retreat 15' west.

Knowledge(Religion) result: There are 3 Ghouls and 1 Ghast. No special damage reduction or immunity (other than undead ones), Claw/Claw/Bite with paralysis on all three for short duration.
    The Ghast is a fair bit tougher than ghouls, and has a 10' radius sickening aura.
    Both Ghouls and Ghasts can arise naturally from humanoids who die and were cannibals in some way, or can be created by spells.

Are you able to see https://app.roll20.net/join/4806477/Ookllg ? You should be able to move your token if so, I already moved it 15' west.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I lost my Roll20 account. Will do without map for the moment.

19. - Top - End - #199

MindFlayer

Could get tricky to explain. Trying snip:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-10-13 at 07:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

ElfMonkGuy

are three of us not large? Though admittedly I don't know how 3.0's large creature rules work.

21. - Top - End - #201

MindFlayer

In 3.0 Large(Tall) is 5'X5'. Large(Long) is 5'X10', Huge(Tall) is 10'X10' and so forth. Reach is pretty much the same as 3.5.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

gudu is not large, not yet. Ellenalen and Tark are.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Darn. The ghast is close by. Do I have to roll against the sickening aura?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

24. - Top - End - #204

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    gudu is not large, not yet. Ellenalen and Tark are.
    Tark is large, but humanoids, monstrous humanoids, and giants are pretty much all Large(tall). Ellenallen would become Large(long), but is still statted as medium. (though a fairly large medium, really)
    I mentioned that it might be fairer compared to the rest of the party for her to be large now, but medium for this encounter, maybe next level.

@DaOldeWolf: No, let's say you are Zarakiel are 20' up, give or take. Ghast stench radius is 10', but it doesn't smell great even at your distance. But depending on how close you get you could enter it. DC 15 Fort save vs. sickened. Still technically at work, I'll move tokens and respond to actions in the next couple hours.

25. - Top - End - #205

MindFlayer

That's what I get for rolling player's saves. At least I can't see negative energy damaging gear.

Ellenallen is now paralyzed and sickened, and 20/35 hps. (For reference, she can survive to -17, -18 and that's actual death. Based on Con score.)
    5 Hps to Orthon and Tark. Currently only Ellenallen is in the stench aura.

Tark, Luin Whitefur, and Zarakiel still have turns.

Edit: And I forgot Ellenallen's DR 1/Cold Iron, 21/35 Hps. Also Ellenallen is paralyzed, not unconscious. I don't think she can do anything, but I'm not really pro on warlock abilities. (Psions could do a lot, by contrast.)
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-10-14 at 04:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Argh. I guess that means my turn is skipped?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

27. - Top - End - #207

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Argh. I guess that means my turn is skipped?
    To my surprise, no. You are paralyzed, so you can't move.

Eldritch Blast (maybe other warlock abilities, though I didn't see any on your sheet) is spell-like, which looks to be a spell without normal components, so it surprises me it should work as well as a psionic ability in physical paralysis.

So unless someone sees something I missed, eldritch blast but you can't move.

Edit: DaOldeWolf: Can you tell me who you target? Also roll to confirm crit, natural 20. Maybe you need to roll more PC saves.

Edit2: PM's sent to players who still have turns up.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-10-15 at 06:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Blammo! Hit him pretty hard. At least I hope I did, if a 27 doesn't hit, I think we're in trouble

29. - Top - End - #209

MindFlayer

Ghasts have better AC than Ghouls, but both are low.

Pathfinder critical hit rules, which means most are vulnerable. Apparently anything but amorphous forms and such, but undead are vulnerable. Confirming the critical would destroy the Ghast.

30. - Top - End - #210

I didn't get a critical, just have a really good to-hit