1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default M&M3 ONE PUNCH MAN OCC (still OPEN)

the city you are in is city R

for a map looks up M&M3's Freedom City.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: M&M3 ONE PUNCH MAN OCC (still OPEN)

Xia

Will be speaking in "Golden Rod"

Edit: Is this before or after entrance exams?
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-06-11 at 10:32 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Teal for speech.

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Ryu Anderson was a pretty normal, bland person of average physique, intellect, and family background. His last name was odd, but was a remnant from his grandfather being an American immigrant. Probably the only real thing of note about him was that he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life -- nothing really caught his interest -- so he studied a lot of different things.

Which led to him failing the college entrance exams since he was so distracted at studying for those.

So he wound up slightly disgraced in his family's eyes and working as a waiter and dishwasher at a restaurant.

And, as happens from time to time, some villain kidnapped everyone in the place and starting experimenting on them. Rambled about temporal mechanics, quatum realities, and "power beyond the scope of mortal man." Assuming he'd be dead soon, Ryu was pretty accepting of it all.

And then some heroes came to rescue, there were explosions, and most everyone was saved if injured. Ryu wasn't saved; he was buried in the rubble and presumed dead.
    Until he finally dug his way out a week later, completely unscathed.

After some failed medical analysis on him, it appears he was a success (of a sort), and (at least in most ways) immune to external effects of time or external pressures upon his body. So he didn't age, couldn't be hurt, and didn't need to breathe or eat or drink.

For the first time in his life, he felt excited. He could be a Hero!

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

0 points Abilities, 118 Powers, 2 advantage

Abilities
    Strength 0
    Stamina 0
    Dexterity 0
    Agility 0
    Fighting 0
    Intellect 0
    Awareness 0
    Presence 0

Will probably buy up Fighting and mental abilities to represent training as game progresses. Will consider physical stats locked to 0 per temporal lock.

Powers
    Power: Immunity from Temporal Lock
    80 points Immunity: Toughness immunity
    30 points Immunity: Fortitude immunity (covers food, water, aging, suffocation, etc.)
    8 points: Enhanced Strength 4, Permanent (stronger than he'd normally be, if not superhuman strong, since muscles do not tear or wear down)

Will plan to buy something like Deflect or Enhanced Parry to represent training in tanking hits for allies, but figure that can wait.

Advantages
    Jack of all Trades (miscellaneous training through his mundane life)
    Fearless (his new-found power and excitement make him ignore threats, maybe even ones he shouldn't ignore)

---

Have we met each other before, or know of each other? I think it'd be easier if we at least know of each other, unless you plan on something happening to make us realize each other are heroes. I'm fine either way.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2019-06-13 at 08:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I was going to give your characters a Min to settle down in the bar and then toss a monster at the bar. Nothing like a common enemy to bring players togeather.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"Amelia" (no last name given) speaks in bold fire brick, a good approximation of her telekinetic color.

Spoiler: Nōshuku Saikuron (Concentrated Cyclone)
    Show
    A distant cousin of more famous and powerful Espers, Saikuron is a telekinetic slowly working her way up the ranks with odd jobs when money gets tight. Her "on the edge of the same family photo" style of fame means she's got a bit of experience seeing heroes working up close at various ranks, and has had her share of encounters with people looking to "get in close" that's left her wary and perceptive when it comes to ulterior motives...although sometimes she's just paranoid. She just wants to live her life but keeps getting hounded by people in a way that reminds her of how far she falls behind.

Spoiler: Attributes/Defenses (34)
    Show
    Sikuron has gained a general sense of how to keep moving during a fight, but she's still clearly dependent on her force field to keep her safe when danger calls. The most significant trait she has, as is common for espers, is a mind like a steel vault.

Str 0
    Sta 0
    Agi 0
    Dex 0
    Ftg 0
    Int 4
    Awe 0
    Pre 0

Dodge 5 (+5)
    Parry 5 (+5)
    Fort 5 (+5)
    Toughness 0 (+0/+11)
    Will 11 (+11)

Spoiler: Skills/Advantages (28)
    Show
    Saikuron has a passive awareness of her surroundings due to keeping a telekinetic hand on basically everything nearby, making it very difficult to sneak up on her. Her experience sussing out true friends from wannabes seeking their lame claim to fame, as well as her work with heroes from a bunch of different ranks, has left her with a razor-sharp instinct for lies and power levels. While she's not usually much of a liar, there's one advantage to her family problems that she exploits ruthlessly: everyone and their mother knows what an esper giving her all is truly capable of, and can't help but hesitate when they see her powers flair up in power along with her emotional reactions. She knows they don't know exactly how powerful she is, don't know whether her rank is representative of her power or just her laziness as a hero thus far, and she exploits it whenever she thinks it can give her an advantage.

Insight: 18 (+18)
    Intimidation 18 (+18)

All-Out Attack
    Assessment
    Benefit: Membership in Hero Association
    Eidetic Memory
    Equipment 1
    Improved Initiative 1
    Jack Of All Trades
    Move-By Action
    Power Attack
    Startle

Spoiler: Powers (58)
    Show
    Saikuron has a variety of telekinetic tricks she's picked up, and while her power is something to behold when she focuses on one to the exclusion of the others, it often leaves her overly-specialized and unable to deal with other incoming problems. All her telekinetic effects emit a sharp red aura.

Forcefield (Protection plus gradually improving immunities)
    Flight (speed gradually improves)
    Super-Senses related to telekinetically sensing objects (range gradually improves)
    Move Objects (total mass gradually improves)
    MO-based Damage (gradually gets modifiers making it a cooler attack).

Dynamic Array: Esper (48 points, 1/round free action to reassign within array):
    • TK Barrage
    • TK Flight
    • TK Force Fields
    • TK Powerlift
    • TK Senses

Below are the five powers presented in their pure focused forms. We will basically never see all 48 points in a single power like this, it'll usually be in some arrangement or another (a few examples of which I'll list in the OOC thread sometime tomorrow probably).

Spoiler: TK Barrage
    Show
    Damage 8
    • Ranged Range (+1/rank)
    • Multiattack (+1/rank)
    • Accurate 4 (+4)
    • Affects Insubstantial 2 (+2)
    • Increased Ranged 6 (+6)
    • Penetrating 8 (+8)
    • Split 4 (+4)

Spoiler: TK Flight
    Show
    Enhanced Defenses 24
    • Dodge 11
    • Parry 11

Flight 10
    • Subtle 2: completely silent (+2)

Movement 2
    • Environmental Adaption (Water)
    • Slow Fall
    Spoiler: TK Force Fields
    Show
    Protection 11
    • Linked: Immunity (+0/rank)
    • Sustained Duration (+0/rank)
    • Impervious 11 (+11)

Immunity 26
    • Linked: Protection (+0/rank)
    • Sustained Duration (+0/rank)
      • life support
      • alteration effects
      • entrapment
      • critical hits
      • gravatic powers
      • telekinetic powers
    Spoiler: TK Powerlift
    Show
    Move Object 16
    • Perception Range (+1/rank)
    • Precise (+1)
    • Quirk: Effect is one rank lower for every distance rank out (-1)
    Spoiler: TK Senses
    Show
    Enhanced Skills 36
    • Investigation 18
    • Perception 18

Quickness 12
    • Limited: Mental Only (-1/rank)

Senses 25
    • Sustained (+0/rank)
    • Noticeable (-1)
      • Mental/Acute Sense Type 2
      • Mental/Accurate Sense Type 4
      • Mental/Analytical Sense Type 2
      • Mental/Penetrates Concealment 4
      • Mental/Ranged 1
      • Mental Extended 1
      • Mental Rapid 6
      • Mental/Radius Sense Type 2
      • Telekinetic Awareness 1 (Mental)
      • Danger Sense 1 (Mental)
      • Distance Sense 1 (Mental)

Given that this is pbp, I realized that this game will basically never be fast-paced enough that I need to have prepared array arrangements on hand to reference, I can just adjust on the fly with plenty of time. If I'm welcome around, anyway. >.>
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-06-12 at 01:35 PM.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Think normally DM is supposed to roll both privately to prevent me metagaming the rolls but then again, it's not like this particular assessment roll is anything but fluff.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Edit: Is this before or after entrance exams?
    Stormwolf69, what was the answer to this question?

So far it works either way. I can see my guy saying his current words whether he's already applied or if he's not yet applied.
    That said, I'd vote for already applied, as going through the tests sounds a bit boring (if humorous in hearing NPC responses) since we already know what the tests are from watching the show.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Stormwolf69, what was the answer to this question?

So far it works either way. I can see my guy saying his current words whether he's already applied or if he's not yet applied.
    That said, I'd vote for already applied, as going through the tests sounds a bit boring (if humorous in hearing NPC responses) since we already know what the tests are from watching the show.

If you guys want we could go with you have taken the tests but are waiting for results in the mail.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    If you guys want we could go with you have taken the tests but are waiting for results in the mail.
    This works for me.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Smooth Criminal will be speaking in Dance King green.

And refreshing the page he had up last night before posting.
    Last edited by Harkness; 2019-06-14 at 09:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would former villains going through rehabilitation be an applicable character concept?
    My posting may be slowed due to graduation and the job search.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    Smooth Criminal will be speaking in Dance King green.

And refreshing the page he had up last night before posting.
    I'm really liking Smooth Criminal's speech. Seems very in line with the spirit of One Punch Man's heroes

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I'm really liking Smooth Criminal's speech. Seems very in line with the spirit of One Punch Man's heroes
    Our boy is destined for A-class for sure.

Many thanks!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks! Ryu's done very well, like any sane person would be after being 'stabilized chronological static'-ized.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Our boy is destined for A-class for sure.
    He's got some serious competition. : Maybe we're looking at the future additions to S-Class?
    Last edited by Harkness; 2019-06-15 at 07:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! Ryu's done very well, like any sane person would be after being 'stabilized chronological static'-ized.

He's got some serious competition. : Maybe we're looking at the future additions to S-Class?
    You need dedication to be C class. But that's not enough for B class, you also need skill. Skills not enough for A class, you also need style. Style's not enough for S class...you also need raw power.

That's why I say A-class.maybe you'll have the power for S-class.one day sure. But you've already got style for days!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-06-15 at 09:00 AM.

Many thanks!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Oh and here's how the Dice Roller works.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-06-15 at 08:48 AM.

Many thanks!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Argh I hate multi-posting but I just had to mention: a person with a +15 to persuasion who tries to improve somebody's attitude and rolls a 20 improves the targets attitude four steps (DC 15=1, DC 25=2, DC 35=3, and then nat 20=+1 degree). That's enough to get somebody from Hostile to Helpful. And I see that Smooth Criminal has +15 against those attracted to him...is that intentional or just a coincidence?

Many thanks!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Wondering: was one idea for the monsters to be the comedian turning into a monster due to the effect of the heckling?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh and here's how the Dice Roller works.
    Thanks! I'll do so here and add it to the post.

(1d20+8)[16]

And I see that Smooth Criminal has +15 against those attracted to him...is that intentional or just a coincidence?
    Nothing is a coincidence in the Dance of Life! And I figured it made sense to give him a lot of presence as a dancer whose name is Smooth Criminal.

Wondering: was one idea for the monsters to be the comedian turning into a monster due to the effect of the heckling?
    My thoughts exactly! Either that or a bar patron who heckles too much. Armored Heckler?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, I found this video which helped clear a few things up for me about combat in Mutants and Masterminds;

1. Roll Initiative:
    Initiative is d20+Initiative bonus (Agility)
    2. Hit stuff:
    D20 plus bonuses
    vs
    (Either same roll for Enemies OR just 10+Enemy defense*) *Parry for melee, dodging for ranged
    3. Don't get hit:
    1d20+Toughness
    vs
    (Either same roll OR just 15+Damage)

4. You got hit:
    1 degree of failure = -1 to future Toughness checks (stacks)
    2 degrees of failure = -1 to future TGH checks, and Dazed
    3 degrees of failure = -1 to future TGH checks, and Staggered.
    4 degrees of faliure = Incapacitated.

And so on.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I'd recommend -- to help with speed of PbP -- that we roll Initiative and our first round of actions all at the same time, in order to help get to round 1 faster. But I'm fine either way.
    I am a bit shakey on the rules of M&M for combat. Does Strength add to my accuracy, or is it just to the DC of the Toughness roll they make?
    Fighting improves your melee accuracy, Strength improves your melee damage.

Our first round's actions can sometimes be declared upon initiative roll, but if we don't act first, people acting before us can change how we're wanting to act. It's unfortunate that this is one of many things that slows down the pbp process, though, and depending on how things go this time, it might be prudent to establish something like this for fights in the future.

Many thanks!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

next update will be tuesday

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

From IC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    (I guess this is where the party chooses to whether or not give a finishing blow.)
    Given this is the One Punch Man setting, there is nothing illegal or likely to backfire about killing random monsters, correct? ("Likely to backfire" excluding having allied monsters attack us later. I'm talking about bad reputation, legal ramifications, etc.)

OPM setting seems pretty clear that supers are not liable for property damage and stuff like that. Or, if they are, the Hero Organization takes care of all that so that heroes can focus on being heroes.

For our group: I don't think Ryu is in a good position to make the killing blow, but I have no qualms IC or OOC about us finishing the orc off.

Related question: in OPM, is it illegal to kill humans who display powers but aren't monsters? I'm thinking of folk like that ninja-assassin that Saitama basically toys with in one episode of season 1. Guy is obviously working illegally and outside the hero network, but he is human. Would it be criminal to kill him?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

For our group: Related question: in OPM, is it illegal to kill humans who display powers but aren't monsters? I'm thinking of folk like that ninja-assassin that Saitama basically toys with in one episode of season 1. Guy is obviously working illegally and outside the hero network, but he is human. Would it be criminal to kill him?
    I think it's a moral/public interest issue. It's one thing to kill the monsters, but if you start killing human villians suddenly people would distrust heroes a lot more, especially in low monster-ridden areas.

Essentially you'd risk creating Owlman.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Apologies for the double post, and for dragging out killing this orc. I wasn't sure if one of the other characters wanted to question it to see if we were in the Monster Association arc, though I suppose we'll find evidence of that soon enough, one way or the other.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

to see if we were in the Monster Association arc, though I suppose we'll find evidence of that soon enough, one way or the other.
    Do I need to know what arc that is?
    I've only seen season 1 of OPM as on Netflix, so I'm probably on the ignorant side of a fair bit.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well, it is about the same time as arc 1 the space ship has not yet been heard of yet.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Every time I read a reference to Smooth Criminal, there seems to be about a 90% chance that song starts playing in my head. This is pleasant.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: M&M3 ONE PUNCH MAN OCC (still OPEN)

Every time I read a reference to Smooth Criminal, there seems to be about a 90% chance that song starts playing in my head. This is pleasant.
    Now that you've mentioned that, I can't unhear it.

This is now his officially unofficial theme.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

FYI that I'll be traveling for work next week and then doing family vacation the two weeks following. I should be able to check-in while traveling for work, but aren't sure of my internet access for the next two.
    Feel free to NPC my character some if needed.

This week is still normal.

----

I forget: did we formally get membership into the Hero Org yet, or did we just apply and waiting for results?
    Also, how much does that impact the legality for us of what just happened?