The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 393
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Spoiler: wrong Thread
    Show
    Hey folks, guess who's back:
    Spoiler
    Show


    CNFish allowed me to built another character for this one.
    Sorry for my spontaneous absence last time, some RL stuff happened.

    Here are my hp:
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (3d8)[1][7][1](9)
    (1d12)[1]


    Edit: wow. 😨 crap!
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-08-11 at 10:40 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Question Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Most life is precious, for any good life to be shed in this manner is nasty at best. So whom ever lay before us, let us hope we can get them safety. By the way is it just me or is it taking a lot longer to get to the Goblin stronghold? Any magic, perhaps you dabble in casting too Jovi? Except your's Robina, we have seen and felt yours, so that would be familiar feeling right?

    I use my sword to point to the direction of the stronghold loosely and have my rein hand in a questioning pose. I'm trying to give off a "I'm confused vibe".

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    as the party moves on, Jovi is walking along the edge of the cliff side and in a moment of pure bad luck.... falls off the cliff. if you look over the drop is really steep and she would not have survived the fall.

    Enter Fliggl's character, who is the nameless (as of yet) militia member following the party with Abigail.

    (*after introductions*)

    the party has moved far enough up the mountains with the help of their steeds. as they climb they see no sign of any enemy or allied party. though the party themselves now pass through a clearing.. something feels strange about it.. (DC 14 WIS, (everyone but bertie and fliggl) you recognize the clearing as the area you were in during the heavy rainfall, however the Tor that stood there is mysteriously gone.... in its stead is a cave entrance. however the trail leads further up the mountain.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    https://sayingimages.com/wp-content/...s-WTF-meme.png
    The horror spreads across Jon's face rampant, as he tries to put the horse on the thickest part of the trail.

    https://www.cracked.com/article_2656...hilarious.html

    Mental note to self; next investment in a feather fall ring good for mountain-ish heights.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    (1d20+2)[3]

    oh no jovi!!

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    (1d20)[19] Wis+0

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is this the entrance the gnomes talked about?

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Spoiler: OOC - Admin
    Show
    If the other militia member is Figgl's new character, that means he will be going in with us, which would leave Abigail alone.

    Therefore Robina would have sent Abigail back with the horses when Xivlir and the other militia guy left with the message and we would now all be on foot

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Question Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    We need a volunteer, any agent Smiths among you want to try and step up?

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Quote Originally Posted by JonMarker2 View Post
    We need a volunteer, any agent Smiths among you want to try and step up?
    You mean, leaving this monotonous job of walking, standing still and never say a single word for a live full of adventure and joy? Then it's me you're looking for! Bwahahaha! the dwarf laughs and slaps on his belly Baba Ronk he introduces himself. What is it you need me for?
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-08-15 at 08:07 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Well people this looks like the position where the gnomes think the tunnels go into the fort.

    Of course this also looks like the spot where a few days ago there was a tor and cave complex that isn't there anymore and where we lost a couple of good people.

    We up for this or we want to back out and go help the gnomes?

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    how did I never notice a dwarf riding a horse? This week has been to long if I'm missing things like that...

    I say let's just go ahead in..as long as we eventually run into jobs its progress I guess

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Quote Originally Posted by finaldooms View Post
    how did I never notice a dwarf riding a horse? This week has been to long if I'm missing things like that...

    I say let's just go ahead in..as long as we eventually run into jobs its progress I guess
    the dirt lickers are evolving.......let's just go in, get on with it

    Survival skill (1d20)[16] +8 looking for tracks, specifically gnome and hobgoblin

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Question Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    We will take what we can get, speaking of getting. Anyone else have some tracking or scouting skills, so we can at least know what is on the other trail...if it isn't too far back, or know of a short cut they can glance at the situation on the other side of us? A suprised look is spared to the new Dwarf among us, but TRYING to keep face, looking at the rest of the gang and feeling an ambush coming on the closer we get to the stronghold.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Anyone else have some tracking or scouting skills

    Robina looks at Jon

    You mean apart from when I got taught by Xivlir the last time we were here?

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    or me or stephen?

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    As the party parleys infront of the cave entrance the only npc of the group agrees to Jon's request, while, I domt have any tracking experience I can atleast go up the path and check what's going on. and he departs. The party enters the cave and immediately the light outside is lost and the place darkens, the cave is about 10ft wide and 10ft tall and stretches beyond what any party member can see.

    As the party nears the end of the shaft, it opens into a larger room, circular, with 4 large doors each leading in a different direction.

    Doors 1, 2 and 4 if you peer down them it leads to further dark shafts that you cannot peer beyond. Door 3 itself is locked and it wont open.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Did bertie find any signs of anything outside with that 24 on a survival check?

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Robina checks for traps and then examines the door

    (1d20)[6] Search +5

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Jon, please take point. Baba second, Oorth, then me, Bertie and Stephen in rear

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    I can see in this darkness, if it helps...

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    There was nothing on the outside of the cave that would lead you to believe that it had been traversed recently. Robina cant find any traps.

    4 doors, 1 locked, is the party going to split or take 1 at a time?

    Also note on that dark vision, it goes beyond what you can see. But what you can see is nothing more out of the ordinary than what you've already seen thus far.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    d20 Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    To the npc that departed before they run off: If you even feel danger come straight back to us and tell us.


    Joining in on the search for traps: (1d20)[11] +3 rouge trap sense for reaction dodging time +1 (if triggered)

    Well this door isn't going to move by asking it...lockpicking: (1d20)[13] +5

    going to give myself a little time to adjust to the darkness.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    What I can see so far is nothing special right now... seems save.

    What is your usual way to explore? The save route and stay together or the fast one and split?


    The dwarf tries to become a part of the group, without being too pushy.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Leap frog into regrouping; and divide to flank only if needed, some scrapes we get into are bigger than we planned. Still as long as we can regroup; together we are stronger. In a friendlier tone than needed directed at the dwarf. (trying to up sell the 8 charm).

    Checking the locked door one more time after playing with the tumblers...I hear the door cycling. Not sure if the door lock is rough shape or I'm out of touch. attempting to make light of the flailing I'm doing around the lock. C'mon, open sesame?

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    What is your usual way to explore? The save route and stay together or the fast one and split?

    I like not dying more than I like being quick.

    And yes, like to keep someone who can see in the dark near the front, thank you

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Jon manages to get the door unlocked, on the other end of the door is a small key in the door itself. If you peer into the hallway you can see a glint of light at the far end but you can't tell what is making the light

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    Well presumably it was locked for a reason, might as well go down this one as any other.

    Robina makes sure that someone else has the everburning torch and she has a normal one

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    with the key on the back, I'd assume it's to keep unwanted guests out. We should relock it if we can, and bring the key so we can get out, but have the door guard our backs and maybe the key will work for other locks in the keep.

    Bertie sticks the everburning torch in the straps of Stephens saddle bags to keep his hands free, since it doesn't throw heat anyway.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    d20 Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

    If the tunnel is straight shot, I'll take the Dwarf and see what we can see and disarm. Slow and steady is the key.

    Move Silent: (1d20)[6] +5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •