Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 77
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5IC]

    @ Alth
    Spoiler
    Show

    Outside the window is raining you can hear the wind blowing from cracks on walls, it whistled, even though some winter breeze manages to infiltrate in the room the big cooking fire in the center irradiate both a good smell and enough warm to forget about the upcoming storm. On the cooking fire a soup is boiling, the name of the Inn fitting well the place The bottomless couldron legends and stories around here speaks of this place, there are no memories of the cauldron to be empty, and besides was never washed or cleaned the soup flavor keep on improving every year, you think that this legend might be stupid and every now and then the Innkeeper with the favor of the night keep alive the cauldron. Anyway, the soup is superb unfortunately the ale is not good quality and its bitter. You are drinking and eating alone, lately, you notice that all of the customer and the innkeeper are slightly intolerant towards you. You notice not far from your table another person alone, a human and he look misplaced, his clothes are too much elaborate and elegant for this place, also he is not having dinner next to him only a steaming kettle and a mug, he is writing a book and from time to time he looks at you.


    @ Gunnar, Thelia, Sarah and Jeremi

    Spoiler
    Show
    you have traveled all the way from Fireshear to Luskan, you have managed to avoid the city and now you are not far from Mirabar, the river Mirar is on your left and you are proceeding on Blackford Road, Raziel has rented a cart and a mule, on the cart he manages to disguise Oscar as an old full plate armor, Raziel takes advantage of the fact that the construct is already hollow inside and also with spell's parchments Sarah is helping him casting disguise spell from the scrolls.
    During travelling, Raziel's plan is explained

    he has set a meeting in the Inn called "the Bottomless Cauldron" with a delegation from The Order of the Broken Blade, an order loyal to Tempus, the delegation has been invited to a tournament in the Khedrun valley and the prize is, of course, the Stone.
    in order to get the stone, he needs to find a way to let you join the tournament so his plan would be to convince the Order of the Broken Blade to let you join the tournament instead of them.

    Spoiler: checks
    Show
    religion check if you want


    it is late afternoon and the weather is cloudy and cold, there are no travelers the road and there are no villages ahead for at least the next two days.

    you decide to set camp not too far from the road, it's full moon and wolves are howling in the distance. During Thelia's Watch, before dawn she hears screaming and running, the person is running along the road you notice she is panicking and looks very tired

    Help! Help she screams Help please its a massacre, those beasts! when she sees you she smiles and on her face, you can see finally peace she faints and hit the road with her head

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Sarah was wide asleep and trying to hear the scream.

    Spoiler: Sarah's Listen Skill Check
    Show
    (1d20-20)[-6]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia had hoped for an uninteresting watch where she could think about The Order of the Broken Blade, but apparently it wasn't to be. At the mention of beasts, she called the alarm and nudged the others awake.
    "She said something about beasts and a massacre," she said as she headed towards the girl, checking her out for any wounds, old and new, but keeping an eye on the surroundings for any beasts.


    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    religion check: (1d20+11)[16]

    heal check to see how the girl is: (1d20+4)[8]

    spot check: (1d20+4)[7]
    listen check: (1d20+4)[16]

    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Gunnar formed the habit of sleeping in his chainshirt when on the road, seeing as he would bet the discomfort of chainmail links over his clothes were minor compared to being stabbed to death. Actually, the closer they get to Mirabar, the more ready for trouble he became.

    When Thelia calls the alarm, he rises - half asleep - babbling- "It was not my fault!"

    Reaching for his shield and arms, he looks around confused, wondering if he should be relieved or more afraid for hearing the word "beasts".

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Religion Check (+5) - (1d20+5)[22]

    Spot (+0) - (1d20+0)[19]

    Listen (+0) - (1d20+0)[20]
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    As much as he would rather eat alone, Alth is just getting a little annoyed with the man constantly staring at him, so he finally just goes up to him to ask him for some explanation.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Upon waking up (or being woken up), Jeremi pulls out his fancy new instrument. "Pirates upriver, or is this another threat?" He doesn't appear particularly surprised by this turn of events.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    To wake up on his own: (1d20-11)[-6]

    once awake:
    spot: (1d20-1)[6]
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: A Ranger Fix, to go with everyone else's. Also, rebalanced (& psionic) Gith
    Additionally, a Psionic Disciplines Overhaul for the 5e mystic, now in version 1.1

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    @ Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah and Jeremi

    Spoiler
    Show
    thinking about the order of broken blade recall you an order of Tempus, this order is devoted to the god of battles but cannot fight anymore since its members simply are not fit enough to participate any battle.

    Thelia Examine the girl, she has no injuries, but she is boiling so you presume that the girl is exhausted, maybe she looks for help for a long time, after a while the girl gets up she is dressed like a huntress with a leather armor, she carries a bow and arrows has a pretty face and she is not more than 30 yrs old
    all of you look around for signs of any foes but it is calm and no one is approaching.

    After a while, she gains consciousness again

    I was hunting in the woods and hears some battle noises, then I saw a pack of wolves overwhelming a group, the group was carrying a banner of Tempus, the wolves fought fearlessly but their behavior was unnatural they have killed and massacred all of them no one was spared and moreover they were not hunting for food... but rather ... fun she pauses to take her breath again
    if you want to go to see the place, it is not far away, I've run for 3 straight hours before reaching you


    @Alth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatorpenguin View Post
    As much as he would rather eat alone, Alth is just getting a little annoyed with the man constantly staring at him, so he finally just goes up to him to ask him for some explanation.
    you go next to the writer which is busy writing so when you approach him he doesn't notice you.
    Ehm ... Ehm... you cough. at this point, the man looks at you. you see the man face he has a big and red nose, dark eyes a pair of curved mustache and big beard, he doesn't look young but neither old, he produces a very big smile at you
    Ehi Little fellows, please join me for a nice cup of tea, let me introduce myself, I am Volothamp Geddarm a story teller, what's your name little fellow? asks you with a smile
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-06-17 at 01:33 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia gave the woman some food and water.
    "I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure if we can," she said, while looking at the others and at Raziel. He had 'hired' them so to say, so it would be more his call.
    "What's your name," she asked the girl, "mine's Thelia."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "And I'm Jeremi." Turning to Raziel, he continues, "doesn't the group you wanted to help us follow Tempus? Bringing them a lost banner might win them over." He continues with something about safety in the area under his breath.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: A Ranger Fix, to go with everyone else's. Also, rebalanced (& psionic) Gith
    Additionally, a Psionic Disciplines Overhaul for the 5e mystic, now in version 1.1

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Hello, lady, my name is Gunnar. Are you from around? Is there somewhere safe for you to stay? I mean... You've been running for a while. Are your far from home?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Checking for Sense Motive (+1), spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    (1d20+3)[9]


    Looking at the others and at Raziel - "So... Do you think we should take a look? It surely seems to be related to our quest. Moreover, if it's a pack of smart wolves and we're travelling through their territory, we can be surprised later to find them prowling around our camp the next time we try to rest." - He looks around the open road - "I'd rather take the fight to them than find out later we're being hunted by them on their terms..."
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Ma'am are you ok?" Sarah was very concerned of the woman.

    Spoiler: Sarah's Sense Motive Skill Check
    Show
    (1d20)[7]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    My name is Alth, Mister Volothamp. May I enquire as to your purpose here today? As Alth starts talking, he pulls up a chair, attempting to get comfortable, as he tries to start a conversation, albeit awkwardly
    Last edited by aviatorpenguin; 2019-06-29 at 06:11 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Sarah, Jeremi, Gunnar & Thelia
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Thelia gave the woman some food and water.
    "I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure if we can," she said, while looking at the others and at Raziel. He had 'hired' them so to say, so it would be more his call.
    "What's your name," she asked the girl, "mine's Thelia."
    Raziel nod, and you give her some water and some food, slowly but still shaken the woman accepts My name is Irina

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    "And I'm Jeremi." Turning to Raziel, he continues, "doesn't the group you wanted to help us follow Tempus? Bringing them a lost banner might win them over." He continues with something about safety in the area under his breath.
    she drink water and you notice that the girl is craving water and she must have been thirsty,
    in this particular period I live in my hunting lodge, not far from here
    when you asked the question to Raziel he mumbles for a while and then answers
    Oh please no! the group the girl is talking about might be our contacts if all of you agree we should go there and have a look

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Hello, lady, my name is Gunnar. Are you from around? Is there somewhere safe for you to stay? I mean... You've been running for a while. Are your far from home?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Checking for Sense Motive (+1), spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    [roll0]


    Looking at the others and at Raziel - "So... Do you think we should take a look? It surely seems to be related to our quest. Moreover, if it's a pack of smart wolves and we're travelling through their territory, we can be surprised later to find them prowling around our camp the next time we try to rest." - He looks around the open road - "I'd rather take the fight to them than find out later we're being hunted by them on their terms..."
    While the woman is eating and drinking she gains again strength, Raziel think upon your question for a while and then answer you I think we should take a look, these lands are full of wolves moreover there are mountains not far from here, it would be wise to check
    you study the woman and she is telling the truth and she is shaken about the last event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "Ma'am are you ok?" Sarah was very concerned of the woman.


    Spoiler: Sarah's Sense Motive Skill Check
    Show
    [roll0]

    Irina look to Sarah whit a piece of cured meat in her mouth she slowly finish to consume her food yes , now I am starting to feel better, well if you need to investigate I might be able to take you back to the place, even though I am scared with you I feel safe


    Spoiler: Alth
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by aviatorpenguin View Post
    "My name is Alth, Mister Volothamp. May I enquire as to your purpose here today?" As Alth starts talking, he pulls up a chair, attempting to get comfortable, as he tries to start a conversation, albeit awkwardly
    the human gives you a wide smile, I am glad to meet you Mister Alth, is not common to met people from your kind, I am a writer and a Storyteller, and right now I am working on a books called Talk, food and wine: a Guide to Inn, Innkeeper, and Guests so mister Alth what you are doing for living, I notice that you are though for a Gnome, are you in the military ? or are you an adventurer ?

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Not sure if that's a good idea, Thelia thought, but she didn't say anything. About that in any case.
    "Well, then I guess we better go and have a look," she said, "too bad we don't have our druid with us anymore. She would probably have been able to get through this a lot easier. Well, as it's almost dawn, let me do my morning prayers, clean up and then we can go. We can eat on the road."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Yes, she would've been a great help for us. Unfortunately, people move on to better things in life. I wish her all the best." Sarah starts to frown because she misses the druid.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Not sure if that's a good idea, Thelia thought, but she didn't say anything. About that in any case.
    "Well, then I guess we better go and have a look," she said, "too bad we don't have our druid with us anymore. She would probably have been able to get through this a lot easier. Well, as it's almost dawn, let me do my morning prayers, clean up and then we can go. We can eat on the road."
    "I'd rather travel by day, anyway." - Gunnar eats something and gets ready to leave as soon as Thelia and the others are finished.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Alth readies himself "I am simply a student of my own weapon, and I go wherever it may take me, be it adventure, or the military. Presently, I am working as an adventurer, though I am still quite new to this life, if I am being honest. As for my kind, my specific kin are rare even amongst many gnomes, so it makes sense. We are the forgotten of the forgotten folk."
    Last edited by aviatorpenguin; 2019-06-29 at 06:11 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Upon hearing this group might be Raziel's contacts, Jeremi is surprised. "Perhaps they are. Would be worth checking." He gives Irina some more water before helping to pack up camp.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: A Ranger Fix, to go with everyone else's. Also, rebalanced (& psionic) Gith
    Additionally, a Psionic Disciplines Overhaul for the 5e mystic, now in version 1.1

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "If it's really that group, we won't have any problems convincing them to let us take their place," Thelia said to the others as she finished packing.
    As soon as she had packed, she turned to Irina.
    "Are you ready," she asked, "otherwise, if you can give clear directions we should be able to find it ourselves."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I agree. Let's check the place out." Sarah spoke in a calm voice.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Alth
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by aviatorpenguin View Post
    Alth readies himself "I am simply a student of my own weapon, and I go wherever it may take me, be it adventure, or the military. Presently, I am working as an adventurer, though I am still quite new to this life, if I am being honest. As for my kind, my specific kin are rare even amongst many gnomes, so it makes sense. We are the forgotten of the forgotten folk."
    Interesting, you are indeed one of a kind, please stand still while I am trying to sketch your portrait
    Says Volo while grabbing a pencil and draw you, you stay still has he requested.
    you may have heard of me, I am the Author of Volo's guide to the north he continues while looking to you, unfortunately, you have never heard of the book and neither you have heard the name Volo in your lifetime.


    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah, and Jeremi
    Show
    it is dawn when you leave your camp, Irina is leading the way after some good eating and drinking she looks totally fine, even though she will not have enough resources to help you in a fight. All of you feel. It is midday when you arrive at the campm the main tent is near a big oak tree, all around a small green glade, four logs and a campfire, four bodies lay on the ground, you can recognize their banner Tempus. the camp is a total mess, all the equipment and goods of the expedition have been scattered all over the place, the tents have been destroyed, the main thing that strucks you is the fact that the bodies were not eaten and all the food has not been touched.

    Spoiler: checks
    Show
    please roll : Search (bodies, camp or tracks), Heal (trained only)

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Well, I am sorry to say I've never heard of you before, mister Volothamp. Though, I would be greatly interested in your book. Perhaps I may read it one day." Alth says, as he begins to hold still so the author can take a sketch of him.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Alth
    Show



    Interesting, you are indeed one of a kind, please stand still while I am trying to sketch your portrait
    Says Volo while grabbing a pencil and draw you, you stay still has he requested.
    you may have heard of me, I am the Author of Volo's guide to the north he continues while looking to you, unfortunately, you have never heard of the book and neither you have heard the name Volo in your lifetime.


    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah, and Jeremi
    Show
    it is dawn when you leave your camp, Irina is leading the way after some good eating and drinking she looks totally fine, even though she will not have enough resources to help you in a fight. All of you feel. It is midday when you arrive at the campm the main tent is near a big oak tree, all around a small green glade, four logs and a campfire, four bodies lay on the ground, you can recognize their banner Tempus. the camp is a total mess, all the equipment and goods of the expedition have been scattered all over the place, the tents have been destroyed, the main thing that strucks you is the fact that the bodies were not eaten and all the food has not been touched.

    Spoiler: checks
    Show
    please roll : Search (bodies, camp or tracks), Heal (trained only)
    "Hmmm... Let's take a look around, people. Be ready for trouble."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Search (+10) check, spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    (1d20+12)[21]

    Heal (+1) check, spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    (1d20+3)[22]
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Alth
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatorpenguin View Post
    "Well, I am sorry to say I've never heard of you before, mister Volothamp. Though, I would be greatly interested in your book. Perhaps I may read it one day." Alth says, as he begins to hold still so the author can take a sketch of him.
    Volo is studying you closely trying to catch your attitude, your experience, and your face, while is charcoal is moving on the paper

    Though time to travel alone ? in this particular period, at the beginning of winter wolves start descending mountains and roaming into forests and plain, maybe what might be more dangerous than beasts are the barbarian tribes roaming the Khedrum Valley. the Barbarian themselves are not dangerous, they live scattered in tribes, but I wouldn't trust either Black Raven tribes nor Gray Wolf, they usually are not friendly and they have always thirst for battles and blood. Coming back to wolves, yesterday was full moon and it is rumored that not far from here some clerics has been attacked and none of them survived, all of the bodies were heavily injured but the beasts hadn't eaten a single bit of them when Volo is telling you this story you have a bad feeling in your guts


    Spoiler: Gunnar, Thelia, Sarah and Jeremi
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Hmmm... Let's take a look around, people. Be ready for trouble."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Search (+10) check, spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    [roll0]

    Heal (+1) check, spending 1 Inspiration Point into Cunning Knowledge (+ Factotum level = +2):
    [roll1]
    Gunnar examines the injury, all of them has been killed with multiple hits, their death has been bloody and slow and the wolves might also have been bigger than you thought judging by the distance of "scratches" while looking closer to them all of their equipment has been destroyed or now it could be used to smelt new iron bars. in their pockets, just junks and religious things while one of them has two sealed letters and a note

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia looked at the bodies, trying to figure out what they had died of and what kind of wolves they were. As Gunnar was already looking through their pockets, she decided to have a look around the camp.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    heal: (1d20+4)[15]
    search: (1d20+4)[20]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar, Jeremi and Sarah
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Thelia looked at the bodies, trying to figure out what they had died of and what kind of wolves they were. As Gunnar was already looking through their pockets, she decided to have a look around the camp.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    heal: [roll0]
    search: [roll1]

    Looking at the wounds of the deceased body you don't find any new information but you will deduct the same hints as Gunnar, you wander around the camp and beneath some clothes you find a wooden chest, it is seventy cm long and 30 cm tall it is 50 cm wide, there is a big padlock and it is closed

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Hey, look here," Thelia said as she took the chest out, "Anybody knows how to open this, or should I use the old and tried method of applying a hammer or rock to it?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Found a couple of sealed letters and a note..." - Gunnar reads the note. After reading it, he hands the letters to Thelia - "Why don't you take a peek at these while I check the chest?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Taking 20 in Open Locks (+5) for a total of 25. Takes 2 minutes.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Jeremi picks up the banner, carefully and slowly. "We had wolves attack the sheep when I was growing up," trailing off as he turns the banner over. He then looks slowly around the camp. "What did the wolves eat here?"

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Search (1d20+1)[13]
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: A Ranger Fix, to go with everyone else's. Also, rebalanced (& psionic) Gith
    Additionally, a Psionic Disciplines Overhaul for the 5e mystic, now in version 1.1

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I wonder what the letter says? It must be very important information in it."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-06-27 at 11:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •